Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

BUG REPORTS  (Read 2129 times)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
The Puppet ---Master---
Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4257]
  • View Profile
  • Youtube Channel
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
  • [September 21, 2019, 10:26:07 PM]
BUG REPORTS
« on: September 21, 2019, 10:26:07 PM »
-
POST ALL BUGS IN THIS THREAD!
All bugs will be added to this post for easy tracking for fixes

-

Current Bugs
- Zalera does not float in his battle, even though he has the float status.
  - (Cause currently unknown, suspected to be the event slot itself. Not Related to ASM, Event or lack of Setup event.)

-----------------------------------

Unconfirmed Bugs
- The Talk Skill, Mimic Daravon, occasionally refuses to give any success.
- Issues with some Deep Dungeon battles (Delta)
  - Need to test this one ^, literally nothing in the Deep Dungeon was touched, or even moved eventwise or otherwise

--------------------------------
LATEST FIXES IN VERSION 1.02
--------------------------------

- Mednafen should no longer freeze when switching a female units job.
- Dark Knight should properly appear in the job wheel as a preview for units that havent gotten it, when a unit of the same-sex unlocks it
- Dark Knight Ports will now show on their generic unit quotes.
- Dark Knight JP no longer goes solely to Squire when doing propositions.
- Lancers Jump move is no longer derped out.
- Ninjas Throwing Ball moves are no longer derped out.
- Secondary skillsets on Dark Knights should be fixed.
- Fixes/Edits to the Balthier event.
- Fixes to the Dark Knight ability descriptions
- Fixes to the Dark Knight ability effect areas and animations
- Fixes to some of Ashley Riot's abilities
- Agrias Birthday Event now adds a free Setiemson to your inventory after completion
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 05:18:54 AM by Elric »
    • Modding version: PSX
  • <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [September 29, 2019, 10:39:55 PM]
    Re: BUG REPORTS
    « Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 10:39:55 PM »
    I've removed all the posts in this thread aside from the OP, as the 2 bugs listed yesterday have been fixed for version 1.01 of this mod.

MAKE SURE you patch a NEW clean, unexpanded image file with 1.01. Never patch overtop of a previously patched image file.

Once you patch 1.01 to a clean image file, you should be fine to load a hardsave, DO NOT load from savestate.

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

Bonesy [Posts: 144]
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/rwbonesy/
    • [September 30, 2019, 02:35:05 AM]
    « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 02:35:05 AM »
    Is 1.01 supposed to not have cross skip anymore?
    EDIT 1: Also, in 1.00's first battle Ramza had different abilities (Accumulate and Wish) than in 1.01.
    EDIT 2: Also, can confirm in Mednafen that the Female Units issue is not fixed for changing jobs.
    Nyzer [Posts: 1103]
    • View Profile
    • [September 30, 2019, 04:43:10 AM]
    « Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 04:43:10 AM »
    I didn't have cross skip in 1.00, apparently, either.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [September 30, 2019, 04:52:20 AM]
    « Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 04:52:20 AM »
    Is 1.01 supposed to not have cross skip anymore?
    EDIT 1: Also, in 1.00's first battle Ramza had different abilities (Accumulate and Wish) than in 1.01.
    EDIT 2: Also, can confirm in Mednafen that the Female Units issue is not fixed for changing jobs.

What abilities does ramza have now? His abilities at the beginning are always random, aside from guaranteed wish.

Cross Skip was not supposed to be included in either version. If it was, it was a mistake.

For the issue with changing abilities, did you test a clean patched image (not patch overtop 1.00) and without loading a save?

• View Profile
    • [September 30, 2019, 05:34:10 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 05:34:10 AM »
    I started getting the same ability switch problem recently, in the save file I brought forward from the beta. Present in both 1.00 and 1.01.

At least on ePSXe on Android I can cancel the close message when it freezes, savestate, reset, and loadstate and it loads into the ability choices. 

Haven't tested in a New Game so far.

Also, yeah, I was gonna say - Ramza's abilities are just as random as any other skillset is, except that IIRC Wish costs 0 JP and is 100% learn, guaranteeing that he'll get it every time.

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [September 30, 2019, 06:05:32 AM]
    « Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 06:05:32 AM »
    I started getting the same ability switch problem recently, in the save file I brought forward from the beta. Present in both 1.00 and 1.01.

At least on ePSXe on Android I can cancel the close message when it freezes, savestate, reset, and loadstate and it loads into the ability choices. 

Haven't tested in a New Game so far.

Also, yeah, I was gonna say - Ramza's abilities are just as random as any other skillset is, except that IIRC Wish costs 0 JP and is 100% learn, guaranteeing that he'll get it every time.

Yes the bug comes from the fix for the derped out reflect icon that was present in the Beta. Choto moved the data but that derped the female ability change somehow. Ill have him take another look

Bonesy [Posts: 144]
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/rwbonesy/
    • [September 30, 2019, 05:58:05 PM]
    « Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 05:58:05 PM »
    What abilities does ramza have now? His abilities at the beginning are always random, aside from guaranteed wish.

Cross Skip was not supposed to be included in either version. If it was, it was a mistake.

For the issue with changing abilities, did you test a clean patched image (not patch overtop 1.00) and without loading a save?

cross skip was probably my fault tbh, i think i used the wrong image in the folder (my vanilla + cross skip and not my pure vanilla)

also i tested fresh images not repatches for 1.01 stuff.
    Pyre Of Word Salsa [Posts: 4]
    • View Profile
    • [September 30, 2019, 07:42:40 PM]
    « Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 07:42:40 PM »
    A few bugs I've noticed with the Dark Knight hack (1.01):

1) When you take a look at the Female Dark Knight's Formation quote, her portrait shows the Dancer job's Celia's (?) portrait instead. I haven't quite unlocked it for my Male Generic yet, so I can't confirm whether or not it shows a Bard portrait on that end.

2) Dark Knights do not gain JP when they're sent on Propositions. Instead, the JP goes to Squire. I have the "Special Characters can go on propositions" ASM hack enabled, if that helps.

3) I've noticed that whenever I have a secondary skillset equipped onto my Dark Knight, only the abilities that "correspond" with the primary skills you've unlocked with your Dark Knight show up. (i.e. If you have abilities 1 and 3 unlocked on your Dark Knight - Night Sword and Crushing Blow - Only abilities 1 and 3 on your secondary skillset will show up in battle. I've tested this with Knight and Squire (only Head Break and Shield Break / Accumulate and Throw Stone show up in battle)). Don't have a screenshot of that, but I can quickly grab it if you want.

Other than that, it seems to be working fine for me. I haven't really tested whether or not characters will drop Dark Knight abilities from crystals yet, but I'll probably do so when my Male Generic unlocks the class.
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [September 30, 2019, 08:24:52 PM]
    « Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 08:24:52 PM »
    Thats really odd since those glitches were in early versions of the DK hack but were fixed long ago. Ill get with Choto and find out whats up

sutebenukun [Posts: 33]
    • View Profile
    • [October 01, 2019, 01:13:48 AM]
    « Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 01:13:48 AM »
    Yes, I second the ability issue with the Dark Knight, I didn't realize it was corresponding the way Pyre said but I have the same issue going on, I just checked and I also get the same quote issue as well!
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [October 01, 2019, 01:30:49 AM]
    « Reply #11 on: October 01, 2019, 01:30:49 AM »
    I truely apologize about that. Ive asked Choto to take a look at this thread and see if he can see whats going on, since all the issues posted today seem to he regarding the Dark Knight hack

Choto [Posts: 830]
    • View Profile
    • [October 01, 2019, 03:21:09 AM]
    « Reply #12 on: October 01, 2019, 03:21:09 AM »
    I will try to get to these during the week. If possible attach a savestate of your game right before the bug occurs and I can quickly troubleshoot from it. They may not be fixed immediately but i'll continue to fix them when I have time till they're all gone. Thanks guys!
    new here!
    lokisage [Posts: 4]
    • View Profile
    • [October 01, 2019, 03:42:52 AM]
    « Reply #13 on: October 01, 2019, 03:42:52 AM »
    firstly i would like to thank you for the work you guys have done, its awesome!

i just would like to confirm one thing, the guest characters are not available on the formation screen anymore? also, i'm constantly getting some weird issues with Lancer Jump skill, sometimes it hits and it does no damage, sometimes the character sprite vanishes or it gets stuck on the "ceiling".
    • View Profile
    • [October 01, 2019, 04:09:02 AM]
    « Reply #14 on: October 01, 2019, 04:09:02 AM »
    I will try to get to these during the week. If possible attach a savestate of your game right before the bug occurs and I can quickly troubleshoot from it. They may not be fixed immediately but i'll continue to fix them when I have time till they're all gone. Thanks guys!

On it. Here's a WinRAR archive with three save states for each Dark Knight bug that I posted about earlier. Save states are for ePSXe 2.0.5. Just delete the (#) in each file name, since I like labeling things like that.
    • View Profile
    • [October 01, 2019, 04:20:15 AM]
    « Reply #15 on: October 01, 2019, 04:20:15 AM »
    firstly i would like to thank you for the work you guys have done, its awesome!

i just would like to confirm one thing, the guest characters are not available on the formation screen anymore? also, i'm constantly getting some weird issues with Lancer Jump skill, sometimes it hits and it does no damage, sometimes the character sprite vanishes or it gets stuck on the "ceiling".

I'm pretty sure that was deliberate. For a while, TLW was going to launch with a Roster Hack that retooled the four Guest slots to function as normal party slots. However, when Elric started pushing TLW out, he went and tested the Roster Hack and found that it was too buggy.

At least, that's what I think I remember. He'd be able to tell you more.

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [October 01, 2019, 05:57:43 AM]
    « Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 05:57:43 AM »
    On it. Here's a WinRAR archive with three save states for each Dark Knight bug that I posted about earlier. Save states are for ePSXe 2.0.5. Just delete the (#) in each file name, since I like labeling things like that.

Using the latest winrar, and downloaded this file 3 times and it shows as corrupt everytime.

• View Profile
    • [October 01, 2019, 06:10:08 AM]
    « Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 06:10:08 AM »
    I'll put it in a .zip file instead. Hopefully, that'll work.

Edit: If it doesn't work, I guess I'll post all the save states in one post by individual file?
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [October 01, 2019, 06:52:11 AM]
    « Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 06:52:11 AM »
    Yes, this one works, thank you

new here!
    lokisage [Posts: 4]
    • View Profile
    • [October 01, 2019, 05:49:14 PM]
    « Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 05:49:14 PM »
    Another issue i have here is that females don't have the Dark Knights job, only the males.

Admin Note: I do not believe this is a bug. The DK hack works by editing the female data associated with Bard and the male data associated with Dancer. Unlocking the job as a male, wont make the job show in the female job wheel. You'll have to unlock it with a female for it to show in the female's job wheels.

-Elric
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 01:39:02 AM by Elric »
  • Pages: [1] 2 3 4