• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:01:47 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Editing Existing Event Text?

Started by Ansehelm, June 25, 2018, 11:52:21 pm

Ansehelm

Heyo homies, it's been a while.  Back to work on a mod of mine - for now, all I need to do is edit some existing event text.  I know this can't be done with Tactext, but I heard it was fairly simple.  Just looking for some leads on how to begin

Thx
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Maybe read the event editing tutorial??

Its pinned here as "How to make a story mod (WIP)"

Ansehelm

Perfect, I found it a little daunting at first, but changing the texts is easy enough. Thanks for making the Tutorial. One other question though - While I only modified existing text, I made it a good deal longer and it ended up bugging out the patcher text in one of the battles (i.e. of unit job classes, ability descriptions, etc.)  I imagine that there is a character limit, so can I fix this by removing text from another event like the tutorials?

Xifanie

Event text is completely separate from everything else in the game. In fact, event text is part of the event data (event code + text), which is limited to 8192 bytes. If you need more than that, you're going to need to learn a lot more because it involves dynamically loading a new event slot (and only one can be loaded at any time).

So, I'm not quite sure what you were asking, but I hope I answered your question?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Ansehelm

k, that helps.  I think the error I had may have involved using different versions of CDmage or other scrambling of the ISO - it seems to be solved if I save the Event Edits for last.