• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: Emergence (PSP)

Started by BleuVII, January 17, 2017, 11:11:35 pm

blood_falcon

"Also... I was surprised my ideas for Rapha and Marach worked so well. I don't think I ever took Marach out of my party once I got him, which is a sentence I NEVER thought I would type."

It worked out so well that they are my main "killer" now, slapping Construct 7 with Marach has never been so much easy, a whopping 500+ DMG from a lv 27 Marach using his Earthseer tech. FFTPatcher is only for PSX and PSX-PSP ones, can it work for WOTL?

• Modding version: WotL

blood_falcon

@BleuVII

Can you somewhat increase the accuracy for Luso's Astrologer Tech? They are so low, even with Concentration being equipped

Portalenthusiast

Concentration only effects physical attacks, I'm pretty sure. Not sure why you're using that with an astrologer
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

blood_falcon

@Portalenthusiast

So, in order to boost accuracy with magic, what ability do I use?

blood_falcon

Btw, @BleuVII

This FFT Emergence is the best of the best hack that I ever played. Zero Charge really makes difference. Now my mages are mighty useful and it opens to new tactics possibility rather than using previous FFT mechanics for mages.

Portalenthusiast

blood falcon, unfortunately i don't think there is an item or ability that boosts magic accuracy. there are so little magic dodging items in the game anyway, the ability would be almost redundant. the only reason you can normally buy concentration from archer is because there is a slew of different items and abilities that boost mainly physical dodge rates
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

blood_falcon

@BleuVII

You are correct. Putting Celia and Lettie's skills broke them game through and through

I just breezed through all battle using their Assassin's skills and it started to become boring.

Your patch is balancing a lot, bro.

Btw, where do I find Zero Charge on FFTPatcher? I cannot find it anywhere. Can I know which skill you removed in order to put Zero Charge in it?

So, for Luso the Game Hunter, where do I find his skillset?

BleuVII

Quote from: blood_falcon on February 14, 2020, 12:08:35 am@BleuVII

Can you somewhat increase the accuracy for Luso's Astrologer Tech? They are so low, even with Concentration being equipped

The formula for all of the Astral Magicks is
3D   Hit_(MA+X)% ME, X=75
This means that the Astrology commands will hit 75% of the time, plus your Magic Attack number. However, it is subject to the target's Magic Evasion. I felt that this was fair, since you were casting a variety of statuses on a group of foes at the same time. Note that the pre-attack screen will give you a much smaller percentage, as it's calculating the percentage of each status effect hitting, not the spell itself. (Also, sidenote: Astral Light should have Formula 41, which ignores Magic Evasion. That is a mistake, but not a big enough one to release a new patch for. If you have FFTPatcher, go ahead and make that change.)

The way to boost the effectiveness is to increase your Magick Attack, either through equipment or through the Orator's "Shout" ability. You can also have Luso learn the Wizard's "Magick Boost" reaction command, which will increase his MA when he is hit.

I tried to add an ability like "Focus" or "Rush" that lets you manually boost MA, but it wasn't possible at the time I made this mod. With the release of the Valhalla editor, it's now possible to add that ability, but
1. I have no ability slots left, and
2. I don't know where to put it. It makes sense to put it on the Wizard, but there are no ability slots left, and I'm not willing to sacrifice Watega or Darkness to add it there. If I could free up an ability, I could put it on the Mystic, swapping the Reaction Abilities "Magick Boost" and "Magick Counter" between the Wizard and Mystic. That would require some extensive playtesting though to make sure it maintains balance.

Also, Zero Charge is ability 01E3. The only thing you can edit about the ability is the number of JP it takes to learn it. It was actually built into the original FFT, but dummied out (aka, nobody could learn it).

Sieghart Wirsing

'Ey look who it is, to make your forehead frown a bit more with yet another (possible) bug report :D

...No, seriously, I dunno how I keep stumbling on them, it keeps happening. What's with me and bugs!

So. Archers. The latest version of the patch changed their Innate to Defense Up, except... Nnnnot really? Because I can certainly equip Defense Up with that Innate all the same. So I was thinking up until two days ago that it was doubling the effects, until I found out that it's actually barring Brawler to be equipped due to "being the Innate" as the pop-up says, not Defense Up. What's happening in here?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown