• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Setzer's sprite recolors (and female Red Mage)

Started by Setzer, September 30, 2009, 01:51:15 pm

Setzer

September 30, 2009, 01:51:15 pm Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 03:30:32 pm by Setzer
Well, I'm far from being a spriter, and I'm still to try to make an all original sprite by myself alone, but until then, I'll post the little modifications I've been doing so far.

I've been posting a lot of that stuff in some topics here, but I think it's time to make my own topic. ^^

The Red Mage isnt mine alone. Some members of the Brazilian FFT community helped me with her and I used FFH's concepts and sprites to make this one, so I will give credits to everyone ^^

There are other sprites, for My patch I recolored every class sprite of the game. But since they arent that important, I wont post them.

Now, I'm still working on Belias, and I need help with the portrait...

Vanya

September 30, 2009, 02:34:04 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
You have some cool looking stuff there.
There is a tiny bit of inconsistency in some of Zaler's frames you should fix.
The brace things on his arms seem to be white instead of rusty in some of the images.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

ChronosAragami

September 30, 2009, 02:52:50 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ChronosAragami
I really enjoyed the female red mage, very good !! ^__^

SilvasRuin

September 30, 2009, 02:54:21 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
There's also some inconsistency in the color of Velius' face and horns.  In some of the poses, it is a darker crimson than the rest, but in other poses, it is the same red.

Vanya

September 30, 2009, 03:08:49 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I think that's not so much inconsistency as it is that the edit isn't done.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kagebunji

September 30, 2009, 03:18:19 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
I have sugestion for female red mage, maybe you could recolor her hair to white, cut it a bit, and you will be able to use this portrait

Of course I d'm not saying that yours is bad, it's just a sugestion.

Setzer

September 30, 2009, 03:42:27 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Setzer
You're right about Zalera, Vanya. I forgot to edit one of the colors.
Fixed.

The Lucavi sprites are just recolors. The only edits there were Zalera's portrait and Belias' Horns and face, and I havent finished the second yet.

Kage, its a really good sugestion, but I see this sprite as finished.. I dont know, I'm also so busy that I havent even finished editing Belias.

mav

September 30, 2009, 04:24:54 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Honestly, I really like your female Red Mage's portrait, Setzer. It's got some very minute problems, but it looks more proper than the alternate one Kage posted. Great edits man. My only real suggestion is to make Serpentarius's colors a bit more menacing. The colors are too bright and look like pink and purple...

By the way, does this Brazilian FFT community have any other sprites they could share?

Kagebunji

September 30, 2009, 04:29:21 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
I know Setzer's portrait fits more, that's why I sugested small changes, but it is his sprite after all. Just be sure to submit her! ;)

Bloodthirster0

September 30, 2009, 05:33:35 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
mav,I can answer this one,since Im also on that community.

nobody else but me and Setzer works with FFT,a guy known as Rainbowzão sprites,but he is inactive though,maybe there is some random person that didnt show up yet
Need something useful to write here

MiKeMiTchi

September 30, 2009, 05:58:45 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Red Mage = Little Red Robin Hood.
Neat stuff. Although the portrait is FFTish, I like the way how Kage's posted portrait portrays the character.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

mav

September 30, 2009, 06:31:37 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
I'm just gonna post the corresponding portrait here so people will know what I'm talking about.

The only problems are the shading on the hat and the way the hat just becomes a straight line. It looks like a duckbill. Curve it out for for the illusion of depth and it'll look perfect.

Though the other one has a very unique feel to it, the character looks more like a child...Was it taken from another game? FF3 perhaps?

Setzer

September 30, 2009, 08:22:53 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Setzer
And thats an Irony, since I used the 10 year old girl as a base.
Well, I'll try to fix it, but, like I said, I'm not that good.

A random guy without name made the hat, but he used a 32 bit .jpg archive, so I had to cut down the colors to 16 by myself and made the shades alone. But since I'm still learning to draw, it got that weird shape.

mav

September 30, 2009, 10:04:19 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Hmm...the hat shouldn't be too tough to fix. I just pissed around with it--it's amazing how moving something a pixel or two could get the following result:

Vanya

September 30, 2009, 10:52:46 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Front of the hat should be pointier and the reds should be brighter.
Looks good otherwise.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lijj

I was wondering why such a quality sprite never got submitted. If I re-do the hair and post the white haired portrait onto this would it be acceptable for me to submit it? Of coarse I would take no credit. I really like that white haired portrait. This sprite is amazing too. why shouldn't this be on the DL page?
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Go ahead Lijj, I like that port too. Why it isn't submited? Probably laziness of creator or this is unfinished version.

Lijj

:P Gladly! should be a pretty quick job. Silly that it's so old yet so close & not submitted.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I realized this sprite is not finished but very close. With minor errors such as: Fr. 2 of backview of walk Being off. face frame are way out of place(easy fixes all found- fixed)...
But it's so close to being done it's kinda sad this Brazilian spriting collaboration never got completed. Well I hope this works the way they did the palette is odd and I didn't want to have to do alot of re-drawing/coloring and pasting so it's a little less cool off-white more warm. Maybe I'll make port match to prevent redundant labor.

Lijj

Ah.... Much better(IMO):

Female Red Mage Finished.
By: Setzer, Brazilian FFT Community & lijj. Portrait: Kage? (&Minor touch-ups by me ;managed to get an extra color in).
I fixed weird hat in two frames, hair to match port, face animation placement etc.
Before I can submit it...
Who do we credit the portrait to?

Kagebunji

No, I didn't did the portrait, japanese guys did it, so just type "???". About palettes, I think stealing from Male RM may work, they should share the colors IMO. Good job on this, i like it!