• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 03, 2024, 05:32:17 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Monster sprite frames crack

Started by jimmyjw88, September 27, 2009, 10:03:01 am

Seushiro

September 28, 2009, 12:33:23 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Seushiro
That is a yes for the u can use the Celia and Lede Jimmy . . . including the 57-5B dont wanna touch the 5C maybe it was realy ther for a reason. . .

back to SP2 topic. ..  u mean we make the bmp the length of a Mon Spr with all the SP2s included?. . . I never thought of that. . . could work then we still select the character as MON for SHP and SEQ. . .

jimmyjw88

September 28, 2009, 01:35:08 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Oh...Then how can we use those unuse sprite slot? I mean just insert the spr.file you want for them and there's your special unit but how to make them appear in your party, in the formation screen? Same goes for 57 - 5B... Sorry, noob at this.

Back to SP2, I replaced Steel Giant's first SP2, second SP2, third SP2 and fourth SP2 with other SP2 files, just the colours changed due to the palettes but that's not a big problem.
Here are some screenshots:
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Seushiro

September 28, 2009, 03:16:30 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Seushiro
the formation screen shows the 56-57 in there jobs assigned. . . use FFTpatcher it shows that 57~5B will be Samurai, Ninja, bard, etc. and in battle formation screen it will show them as Ramza chapter 1 as default. . .

on SP2 again. . . yes we can import and export from an existing SP but creating or replacing one of the existing ones is what we are all trying to do. . . I have not tried the extra long .bmp sheet yet but damn it would be that long!!!!

jimmyjw88

September 28, 2009, 04:52:18 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
So we just change the sprite for 56-5B and that's it? And in FFTPatcher, 57 to 5B are those generic jobs. So how to edit the sprite's 56 to 5B jobs and skills? And I still don't get how to make 56 to 5B appear? And for 39 and 3A (Celia and Lede unused), how can we use them as our units? Gameshark codes for Celia and Lede? I don't think so because I think that is for those used Celia and Lede. And in FFTPatcher, 39 and 3A is Oracle and [Blank], which I think is unused.

On SP2 again, if we're trying to create or replace the existing one, can we just follow the existing ones' allignments and frames and create new ones and then replace it in the bmp sheet and save?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Seushiro

September 28, 2009, 05:20:35 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Seushiro
well the 57 to 5b just choose a job skill to what u want and use text editor to change job name. . .  for 39 and 3A the reason they hang if used for a Char is because they have no jobs i believe. . . cuz when i game shark to change to them it froze not like the 57-5B which show the same as the real conterparts (samurai, Ninja, bard) I think it was originally used for a Super Squire or for other main characters because when u job change a char you assigned to these sprites using gameshark even if they change jobs they are still the main sprites and not job=sprites job. . .

jimmyjw88

September 28, 2009, 11:42:22 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Then how to change job and skill for 57 to 5B? FFTPatcher? But that's the original Lancer, Samurai, Ninja and Bard...So, if you change that, the original job and skill for Lancer, Samurai, Ninja and Bard are changed too right?
Also, the 57 to 5B sprite will appear as well?

Vanya

September 28, 2009, 11:48:40 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "Seushiro"So If I copy the Sprite of the Monster I want and replace a Human Sprite is the CD/ ISO itself it still cant put SP2 or detect that it is a Monster sprite?

That's right. You'd have to also go into shishi and change the type or do it manually with hex editing.

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"About this Vanya, does this means that those unused sprite slot can be use now, like that Celia and Lede (unused)?
Also, any luck on those "????" slots? And another question is why are there 5 Male Squires sprite slots? (Sorry for asking at the wrong section)

Yes they can. Yes, also those. There were 5 sprite sets linked to the squire sprite originally, but they now have separate files. (No problem.)

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"And about Sp2.file, is it possible that we just extend the length of the spritesheet and custom-made the attack animation that we desire and there's the SP2? Does it work like that? Also, can we use Steel Giant's Sp2 to make the extending work?

I don't think so. I believe the data that links an SPR file to an SP2 file is contained within the SEQ & SHP file corresponding to their sprite type.

Quote from: "Seushiro". . . dont wanna touch the 5C maybe it was realy ther for a reason. . .

All the ??? ones are safe to use.

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"Oh...Then how can we use those unuse sprite slot? I mean just insert the spr.file you want for them and there's your special unit but how to make them appear in your party, in the formation screen? Same goes for 57 - 5B... Sorry, noob at this.

You set the sprite set value in ENTD. The entire point of the expansion was so that each sprite set corresponds to a sprite file. The exception, of course is generic humans and monsters have a special sprite set value.
As for the Formation screen, that is where Unit.bin hacking comes into play. There's a program for inserting new frames into it and almost all the relevant data for linking jobs to formation sprites & portraits has been discovered.

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"On SP2 again, if we're trying to create or replace the existing one, can we just follow the existing ones' allignments and frames and create new ones and then replace it in the bmp sheet and save?

Yes.

Quote from: "Seushiro"...for 39 and 3A the reason they hang if used for a Char is because they have no jobs i believe. . . cuz when i game shark to change to them it froze not like the 57-5B which show the same as the real conterparts (samurai, Ninja, bard) I think it was originally used for a Super Squire or for other main characters because when u job change a char you assigned to these sprites using gameshark even if they change jobs they are still the main sprites and not job=sprites job. . .

It is largely a good idea to ignore the affects of gameshark codes, because they only effect RAM. That can cause some misleading results. There was never a super squire. It's just that when you assign any sprite as a special it will override all other sprite jobs. Remember how I said that each sprite set is linked to one sprite now? If you gave a unit the sprite set linked to Male White Mage instead of the Generic Male you'd end up with a special White Mage.

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"Then how to change job and skill for 57 to 5B? FFTPatcher? But that's the original Lancer, Samurai, Ninja and Bard...So, if you change that, the original job and skill for Lancer, Samurai, Ninja and Bard are changed too right?
Also, the 57 to 5B sprite will appear as well?

Here's a pretty important note. The job number does not have to match the job number. Sprite numbers in shishi match the sprite set in the Patcher's ENTD tab. The only ones that don't match are 80, 81, & 82. Those are special sprite sets for Genric Male, Female, & Monster units.

Read these for further clarification:
http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1828
http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1495
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

September 28, 2009, 12:59:10 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Thanks for all the info and clarification in the above, Vanya. I roughly read them through because got to go to bed, but I'll read them again tomorrow. Thanks again. ^^
Now, about SP2, I tried to extend the length of the bmp and add attack animations for the sprite with the reference from Steel Giant.

Extended length of bmp:

I just copied Steel Giant's frames as a test.

I thought it would work but unfortunately, I'd failed.

What it looks like in Shishi:

It seems that everything is set for each monster's sprite on the length itself. If the sprite length is that short, it means it is that short. We can't just extend its length and just place the frames on it.

Import Steel Giant into Coeurl sprite:

Same thing happened with Steel Giant. So now, I guess we have to try find out how the length of the sprite is set in order to crack it (I think).

Seushiro

September 28, 2009, 04:31:19 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Seushiro
Very Nice info on this whole topic Vanya. . . but even without knowing the length it is the Iron Giant that is the biggest and has most SP2 im sure of it. . . we need to replace a Monster with TETSU.SPR and rename it in the actual ISO but that would leave the problem of finding the sheets lengths in Hex for the SEQ and TYPE of this Tetsu.spr so we can paste it to another sprite. . . just to make Shishi detect that too. . . But another problem will now arise. . . if example we will replace a Cuerl with a larger sheet than that means if we copy Hex data for sheet length on a different sprite all the animations will now have to follow unlike Lucavi which has the same animations. . . other monters are jumbled in some for attack and charge anims. . .

jimmyjw88

September 28, 2009, 11:33:14 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Quote from: "Vanya"You set the sprite set value in ENTD. The entire point of the expansion was so that each sprite set corresponds to a sprite file. The exception, of course is generic humans and monsters have a special sprite set value.
As for the Formation screen, that is where Unit.bin hacking comes into play. There's a program for inserting new frames into it and almost all the relevant data for linking jobs to formation sprites & portraits has been discovered.
Ah yes, ENTD, so I just set the value accordingly with the Shishi, meaning 57 = 57, 58 = 58 and so on? Also, about the X and Y value, that's the value on the map right? How to determine what value for the X and Y so that the sprite will appear?

Quote from: "Vanya"
Quote from: "jimmyjw88"And about Sp2.file, is it possible that we just extend the length of the spritesheet and custom-made the attack animation that we desire and there's the SP2? Does it work like that? Also, can we use Steel Giant's Sp2 to make the extending work?

I don't think so. I believe the data that links an SPR file to an SP2 file is contained within the SEQ & SHP file corresponding to their sprite type.
Quote from: "Seushiro"Very Nice info on this whole topic Vanya. . . but even without knowing the length it is the Iron Giant that is the biggest and has most SP2 im sure of it. . . we need to replace a Monster with TETSU.SPR and rename it in the actual ISO but that would leave the problem of finding the sheets lengths in Hex for the SEQ and TYPE of this Tetsu.spr so we can paste it to another sprite. . . just to make Shishi detect that too. . . But another problem will now arise. . . if example we will replace a Cuerl with a larger sheet than that means if we copy Hex data for sheet length on a different sprite all the animations will now have to follow unlike Lucavi which has the same animations. . . other monters are jumbled in some for attack and charge anims. . .
So, means we have to hex edit the SEQ & SHP?

Seushiro

September 28, 2009, 11:59:15 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Seushiro
Yes we have. . . or maybe not ^__^ I think Vanya can answer that. ..

I do have a question. . . Vanya stated that the ??? can be used. . . we also know that the Chocobo has animations that can be viewed and like a Human the type 1 and type 2 can be changed and will take effect. . .

Can I use the ??? to make a unique Chocobo that will be mountable?. . .

This is for the Peco Peco I found while searching sprites. . . want to make an armored chocobo for Balbanes and Judges

jimmyjw88

September 29, 2009, 12:22:25 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Quote from: "Seushiro"Can I use the ??? to make a unique Chocobo that will be mountable?. . .
Haha. That's what I've been trying to do, which is why I created this topic to know and understands how the frames are set and everything about monsters' spritesheets and SP2 as well. I've been wanted to make a Choco Knight for a very long time but having problems with spritesheet and frames for the animation.

Vanya

September 29, 2009, 11:04:08 am #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Q: X, Y?

A: Yes, map coordinates. You can use the maps on the main page to get a better idea of where to place units.

Q: Hex edit SEQ & SHP?

A: Yup. No current data on those files, though.

Q: ??? stat for mount?

A:It's only specific jobs that can be mounted. The 3 kinds of chocobo can be mounted of course, but there is also an ASM hack that makes one more job mountable. The ??? stat boolean only hides the units's info and makes it's HP/MP 10x.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯