• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 09:44:34 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

MKV File --> AVI????

Started by SentinalBlade, February 20, 2009, 11:58:26 pm

SentinalBlade

February 20, 2009, 11:58:26 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
So ive been lookign around for a good way to burn my DVDs with my mkv files...but i cant seem to find a "FREE" program. the only onei found that doesnt do a half assed job is shareware :/... convert XDVD or something. you can make it play a whole dvds' worth of .mkv, but it has a HUGE water mark :/....

All the other ones... AVI-Mix GUI(it even says its default output is avi but resaves it as a larger .mkv) or virtualdubmod (cant even open the .mkv and all the VFW codecs i found arent compatable with it) cant seem to do it...at all... and the Dear Santa program matrosavi (damn i cant spell) put on their homepage is a dead link.

anyone have ANY clue on a good way to do this? you cant burn ,MKV to dvds, cause most dvd players can jsut barely play directx :/

goldblade0

February 21, 2009, 12:01:58 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
well you could use virtualdub with the directshow, thats what I use for prety much any video editing, including MKV for my AMV's

http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php? ... 5093&st=30
It'll be a good long time until someone flushes another guitar string.

SentinalBlade

February 21, 2009, 12:30:50 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
VirutalDubMod is an upgrade of virtualdub ;P

and if VDM wont load my MKVs...VD wont, almsot garuntee it D:

VDM, and VD are discontinued projects. they dont support some .MKV files now, ones with more recently added features. i think the last update to either was in 2003... D:

GunGrave is what im trying to burn. for my sis... its a really unique anime...probably the best one ive seen, and the english voices arent half assed like normal...anyways

either of those two are a no go D:

Edit: i take that back. it looks like all the links i found were to dead forums and crap :O ill go try this new VD, and not VDM

Edit 2: with plugin, neither the last stable release, or the test-3 release will open my video. it tells me my .mkvs dont ahve a video stream. several different anime say this :/.. Code Geas, Wild Arms, and Innocent Venus.

goldblade0

February 21, 2009, 01:16:04 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
The plugin works for me no problem.  Actually my friend has the same problem for some unknown reason.  Well theres a converter to psp that could work.  It has a avi output with some codec settings.  Its XviD4PSP.  I prefer the older version 4.115 but the newer one should work.

SentinalBlade

February 21, 2009, 01:27:25 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
thanks for that. btw, its 12 megabytes. chances are thats half your uploadable limit directly to the site. may i suggest taking that down and posting an external link?

Ima go ahead and try it, thanks again.

goldblade0

February 21, 2009, 01:53:43 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
well its the first thing I ever uploaded on the site, so I think I'm ok for a while.  I've been here since about the time Philsov joined.  Hope it works for you

SentinalBlade

February 21, 2009, 02:03:52 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
thanks GB.

I also suggest you do. you have no idea how quickly screenshots and things add up...adding a .jpg to your post more than once a month really hurts. i had to have zodiac up my limit to 100megabytes cause of all the tools i was doing tutorials for :/

If you dont, just make note of this topic so you can come back later and do it. i lost one of the topics i posted a 7megabyte .rar in one time...man that was a pain. ima hit teh sack ill try it in the morning.

Though i did some googling and came across this program called Super.

It looks amazing. nearly every audio/video codec imaginable, even psp specific settings to opitmize screensize and everything. and its free ^-^

DarthPaul

February 21, 2009, 08:48:48 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Special note. I have obtained all 26 episodes of Excel Sage in mkv format!

bwahahahahahhahahaha
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

goldblade0

February 21, 2009, 02:01:42 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
Trust me you dont want to know how much anime I have on my computer

CidIII

February 21, 2009, 10:05:08 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
You ever try SoundTaxi Pro+VideoRip?

I don't really like SUPER.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!