• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Unable to Gain Roles in FFHacktics Discord #Roles Channel

Started by Mogget77, May 24, 2024, 08:37:13 pm

Mogget77

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong at this point.
Clicked the server invite link and entered the server as normal.
All fields in the available channels state "You Do not have permission to send messages in this server."
Responding to the bot only opens a DMs channel.
Server speciffic emotes do not work in bot's DMs channel.
I can't seem to be able to react to anything to gain a role in the server.

(Using Discord's website to do this, I cannot run the app on my potato computer.)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RetroTypes

Quote from: Mogget77 on May 24, 2024, 08:37:13 pmI'm not sure what I am doing wrong at this point.
Clicked the server invite link and entered the server as normal.
All fields in the available channels state "You Do not have permission to send messages in this server."
Responding to the bot only opens a DMs channel.
Server speciffic emotes do not work in bot's DMs channel.
I can't seem to be able to react to anything to gain a role in the server.

(Using Discord's website to do this, I cannot run the app on my potato computer.)

In the #roles channel, simply click the emote that corresponds to the version of FFT you plan on playing/modding
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

Mogget77

Hello, thank you for responding.
Sorry for the delay.

Clicking the text of the emote name highlights it as normal text.

I've tried clicking the emotes directly, but it just opens a dropdown window with a generic "This emote is exclusive to this server, get nitro to use it everywhere" popup.

The rightclick menu let's me see other people's 'reactions' (server names?) to any given one, but doesn't seem to let me interact at all.

I've allready disabled all browser addons and updated firefox. If it's on my end, I do not know what else to try.

Mogget77

Image removed

Jumza

You have to click the emotes at the bottom of the various messages, not the ones that run along the side. By 'reacting' with a specific emote you gain that role.

BUT I can see that however you are using Discord it is not showing you everyone's reactions at the bottom of the messages. Are you able to add your reaction to the messages at all? That would stop you from gaining the roles otherwise
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Mogget77

I can view old reactions with the rightclick menu, but I have no way to
interract with those lists.

I've since made similar attempts with a couple other servers that use the same system, and remain similarly locked out.

Was worth a shot. Thank you for the help.

Mogget77

On what I hope is an unrelated note,
I've checked this page and the "topics" page under this account profile.
Cntrl+F isn't finding anything and I'm not seeing the switch to mark this "Solved".

Rightclick menus are all standard text options.

The screenshot in the post explaining the need to mark topics as "Solved" is from 2013,
Has the UI or the policy changed, or am I just blind?

RetroTypes

We updated the instructions on discord to show the settings option needed to enable reactions as shown in my screenshot above. Try toggling that and see if you can then gain your role(s)
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

Mogget77

Okay... Sorry about the wait. Found the option in discord, and it was set to disabled.
Changing it solved the problem and the reaction worked as normal.

I still do not know how to mark this issue as 'solved' on the forum, if that yet needs to be done from my end.
Otherwise, thank you very much for the help!
It is very unlikely I'd have found that on my own.