• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 02:24:54 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Issues with Item icon editing

Started by flameman050, April 26, 2013, 12:54:47 pm

flameman050

Ok, so I'm been trying to edit some items for the patch i'm working on. Basically I want a cross type weapon that works pretty much like a pole. I've managed to change the in-battle items successfully but am having trouble changing the item icons (shops, formation, etc). I've tried using Celdia/Xif's walkthrough but I'm ending up with the icons looking like this. (I can't figure out how to put the pic up here so here's an attachment) Any suggestions?

flameman050

Ok, so I managed to figure out a way around that issue but now I'm having problems with the black background not being transparent(showing up with the icon). Editing each palette to make sure the first color is black and last is either white or the lightest(highest total RGB value) helped for some but not all. Does anyone know if it's necessary for the palette colors to be in ascending order of RGB values?

flameman050

Nevermind, I figured everything out. I just had to go into hex and make sure the first 2 bits were 00 00 for each palette. Pretty obvious now that I think about it.

Jumza

I'm glad you figured this out on your own! Sorry for not seeing this earlier and trying to help out.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

flameman050

No problem. I feel like figuring it out was a huge help in getting used to the ins and outs of editing.

3lric

Glad you figured it out, though, next time, use the EDIT button. There's no reason to have 3 posts in a row when this thread was still the newest one in this section.
  • Modding version: PSX