• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 08:42:06 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Jon's Sprites

Started by Jon, December 09, 2009, 05:15:18 am

Jon

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Cheetah

I don't like the shoulders on the front and rear view, but the all important angled views look good.
Current Projects:

Jon

Ah, I see your point Cheetah. The back view is a direct copy off of Cloud, the front not so much. Also, I noticed in the front side view, there is something wrong with his shoulder armor on the more hidden arm! Its like a blue pixel or something! That will be corrected. Thanks for the feedback! :mrgreen:

Kill_Bones

Zooming in, I noticed one flaw, one hand has a brown pixel outline, the other does not

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

GeneralStrife

Jon, I've been impressed with your sprites...and while I should....I cannot get the gumption to do anything else to my raven sprite....it's getting there....but I'm stumped with what to do, maybe you'd like to take a crack at it. I'm a shitty artist.
I used the skeleton's pallete, and per zozma's blessing the miang hair. It really is a great match. However the body will be the only hard part.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven_(comics)

Jon

I can't do it right now, maybe once Zack is done. The Summoner is a good choice. I know her from the Teen Titans. The only major difference i can see is that is Raven has no pants on, just a skirt and then boots. My advice is all I can give you right now and its this: maybe use the female Thief's legs, but keep the shoes of the male Summoner. Change the gloves to the same skin tone so that they become hands. Change all of the cuffs on the shirt to the purple blue colors. Get rid of the suspenders by simply making the entire shirt black. Once I'm done with Zack, I can help you further but for now could you just do those things? It shouldn't be too hard, just annoying recoloring process. Good luck, this is already looking nice! :mrgreen:
And don't worry, I will try to help you!

GeneralStrife

nice, yeah man i thought about the fem thief legs...im gonna work on it when i get home

Jon

I made this for the FFTA site from FFTA707. Its a possible Marche replacement, its Ramza! Yeah! :mrgreen: Ramza Beoulve killed Ajora! Yay!! Now he can kill Queen Remedi, too! (These are all of his poses at the moment):

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

If I remember correctly, it was you who were searching for frogs and chickens. Here you go

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Wow this looks great! Thanks a lot Kage!

Jon

Hi everyone. I just want to say I am not gonna make any more FFT sprites on this site ever again. That doesn't mean I am leaving though.

Eternal

Well, perhaps you'll want to make sprites again in time. For now, just try to provide constructive criticism for existing sprites.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jon

Of course, like always. Criting was one of my specialties. Its cool that you are an admin now!

Jon

Update on version 2 Cactuar, palette variations coming next and hopefully even more cleaned up than now. Need some crits on anything / everything please.

3lric

Haha this looks awesome Jon :P very nice
  • Modding version: PSX

Pride

Something about the shading seems really off. Especially the first pose back leg, just one solid color makes it lose a lot of depth.

Edit: I like the critical pose!
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Twinees

Jon, would you like me to come up with a concept of the cactuar for you that you can work off of as a reference?

Jon

Yes please Twin. I'm pretty bad at shading, actually I've gotten pretty bad at FFT spriting since I haven't done if for like a year...just FFTA on ID. Laziness has paid off-for the worse :/