• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 04:17:05 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Jon's Sprites

Started by Jon, December 09, 2009, 05:15:18 am

Jon

Nothing too exciting, it was a game I was working on but it turned out to be just a walkabout game. You can't do anything in it, no interacting, just stroll through the different parts of the castle.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Jon

I don't know how many of you played FF Crystal Chronicles on the Nintendo Game Cube, so I doubt anyone really knows the FFCC Moogle. Here is a pic:
[attachment=0:2fg6t98e]moogle crystal chronicles.png[/attachment:2fg6t98e]
This is my favorite variation of the moogle, why I do not know myself. He has no arms but is more fluffy and looks in FFCC way better than any moogle I have seen. His role in that game was to carry this chalice around, which made this barrier around the heroes and protected them from this poison called miasma. Also, the moogle would cast spells once in a while to help out in battle, only Fire, Thunder and Blizzard. The coolest thing however was that you could sort of spray paint his fur and make interesting designs, and the more of a certain color you used on him, the corrasponding element would strengthen, example red increased Fire. Anyways, I wanted to try out and make a concept of this, so I used Kage's moogles head and the Ahriman body. This is what I got:
[attachment=1:2fg6t98e]Moogle Concept.png[/attachment:2fg6t98e]
Needs crits, but don't critisize that he has no arms, that is obvious.

Mari

I loved spray painting pretty pictures into them. :3
Only thing I notice right away is that his wings are too big for him.
I'm in a rush for work, though so I'll look more in detail tonight.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Jumza

I agree with mari about the wings and the spray paint because i didnt really like this game but i did play it for awhile I always played as the tall dudes with the helmet (i forget the name), also I think his eyelids are a bit too low, but dont put them too high either.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kagebunji

I can tell right away I hate this design of Moogle, it is ugly, really. Also, you need to make head smaller, and body bigger, right now it is the other way around. And wings too.

Jon

Probably, but you have to know this moogle from the game to like it. In the game you could wash his fur, give him hair cuts and spray paint him, thats what made this version of the moogle so cool.

Kagebunji

And you think this is enough to make ugly moogle cool in my eyes? Lol no man, I would totally love it if it would be FF9 moogle in that game though.

Jon

You know, I had an idea when I was sorta working on your moogle. If we could figure out how to make this more like a human character, I believe we could have a moogle more like FFTA and FF9 style, like Slitzkin. With clothes and weapons, it could work...

Twinees

How is Zack going Jon? I remember seeing a post from you that said "One sprite at a time...".  lol anyway u must continue this, concepts are good, completed sprites are better plus we are working towards a first zip file in the sprite download section ("FF7 Characters.zip" [lol once again]).
*Kicks Jon's jammed spriting Gear/Cog into motion*

Jon

Haha, I will work on Zack right now. The arms and hair are the problem that slows me down the most, I am not so good at making the shoulder armor. Not to mention the hair, but I am sure someone can help me with that...please...I will try to post an update today or tomorrow.

Kagebunji

What is soo hard about the shoulder pad? Orginal Cloud's design works fine, just change colors to black.

Jon

Its the entire arm Kage. And only 1 arm has a shoulder pad. I was talking to Twinees before, I think I will go with a totally different arm. Right now I am just trying to finish the little work, like coloring, then comes hair and arms.

Jon

I had to draw the entire belt and shoulder strap suspenders by hand. This took forever. Especially considering when I changed the colors, major parts of this turned to the black color. Hope this is good so far:
[attachment=0:30luwdtj]Zack.png[/attachment:30luwdtj]

Twinees

not a fan of the palette atm, mainly because the two darkest shades you have are conflicting, and its causing the hair, legs and possibly the hands to look too dark i think. Drawing in that shoulder pad should not be a difficult task, and you have to make sure you make both gloves the same. Smiley face is still there :D, try to fix that.
This has some good potential, keep working hard on it.

Jon

Definitely! Thanks for the crit Twinees! I am starting to like the smiley face actually, but I will get rid of it soon. :mrgreen:

Kill_Bones

Zack is looking NICE. Tbh, you can find smily faces on alot of FFT armor, so it's not really a big deal. Not a fan of your moogle, but is it close to what you want? Yeah, I'd say it looks pretty close.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Jon

Forget the moogle, it was a dumb idea.
[attachment=0:3ncs92mc]Zack arms.png[/attachment:3ncs92mc]
Everyone, I need some serious crits on the arms and bangle(shoulder) armor. Copy it and open it in an art program and zoom in, I need to know if this is good.

Twinees

haha, leave the smiley face there.
it looks alright to me, ill work on the hair for the other poses soon, but rl is annoying me, so im gonna try and get that outta the way first.
Keep going on with the whole sheet, the face and hair dont affect the entire body, which is good so u can add it in later.  :mrgreen:

Jon

Sure and thanks! Don't do the hair yet, no point until the arms are done. So you like the shoulder armor? I think it has the right shading in the technical sense, coloring is good?

GeneralStrife

I love the new shoulders jon, lol.
Damn smiley face is staring at me though.