• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 12:02:14 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

Skip Sandwich

looking much better now, awesome!
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

mav

Good to hear. My goal for tomorrow is to post previews of the male Squires and to have the male and female Chemists and the female Squire inserted into the .shishi file. So if you have any objections or concerns to those sprite, list em here. After the male Squire I'll get to both Calculators, then the Archers.

mav

Alright, I got the .sprs and the .BMPs of the Chemists and the female Squire here. Test em out por favor.

mav

Here's the male Squire:
[attachment=0:2jbttw0z]squirepreview.png[/attachment:2jbttw0z]

FFMaster

I see nothing wrong with those palettes. They all look good.

Here are the usual screenshots for the recently uploaded palettes

Female Squire

Female Chemist

Male Chemist

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Cheetah

It is a pitty that the yellow male squire doesn't stand out as much. But it I don't see a good solution, so it is probably fine. All the rest of these are looking great Mav.
Current Projects:

mav

Thanks, Cheetah. I dunno what to do with the yellow male Squire either, but maybe something will come to mind. Thanks for the testing, FFM. I like the way these turned out. I'll try and post the .BMP and .spr of the male Squire tonight.

cold52

Quote from: "mav"Do you mind posting the .BMP or .spr files of the female Geomancer, if you have em?
sorry...I do not have either D:

anyways male geomancer (not done with the portraits yet)

mav

Geomancer looks okay so far, but you're gonna need to go two tone on this thing. Check out the Bard to get an idea of what I mean. And I would strongly suggest working on these through the palette editor and ShiShi, so you can give us some .BMPs and .sprs.

AvengerXP

September 07, 2010, 04:51:16 am #269 Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:18:10 am by AvengerXP
Very nice work. There's a nagging question I've had though, how do you apply a complete .shishi file package? I don't see any option for it.

Edit: Older version works, thanks for the info. I think I had some sort of later Beta.

FFMaster

You can open the .shishi by using the 0.352 patcher
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96

Just open it and patch the sprites into the ISO.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Skip Sandwich

I feel maybe if the yellow squire had significantly darker hair and skin they might stand out more, but aside from that one, they're all looking good.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

logus

white female squire seems odd to me in-game, somehow. I'm not a spriter, so I can't tell what is it, or a way to fix it :S maybe it's just me though...
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

AvengerXP

I've got some corruption while importing the shishi package on screen inside the program and when I run the ISO patcher selecting all files no changes actually occured at all even if everything looks to have completed succesfully. Is it possible to consolidate all separate final files inside one post in either BMP or SPR format? I seem to get better results importing with the other Sprite Editor tool one by one. Thanks in advance.

mav

Quote from: "logus"white female squire seems odd to me in-game, somehow. I'm not a spriter, so I can't tell what is it, or a way to fix it :S maybe it's just me though...
If you can elaborate we can probably get the issue better resolved.
Quote from: "AvengerXP"Is it possible to consolidate all separate final files inside one post in either BMP or SPR format?
Yeah, I'll try and post two zip files, one with all the .BMPs an one with all the .sprs. I've been told that there's some problem with importing the .BMPs though.

I may make the yellow male Squire's armor a little yellower. I'll post screens if I do.

mav

And here it is:
[attachment=0:uh20fa69]squirepreview.png[/attachment:uh20fa69]If you guys are satisfied with the male Squire I'm gonna go ahead and create the actual palettes.

Kaz

Personally I love the new yellow one
to hell with you mustadio haters

AvengerXP

BMP imports are sometimes problematic (at least in this Shishi version I have here, which is 342,528 bytes large) but I believe it was Zod who shared the solution at some point either on the forum or in the readme.

Open them in the Palette Editor tool, pick Convert to New Shishi and then back to Old Shishi or vice versa and save. The file can now be imported without the corrupt lines in the center. I have no idea what causes this. At least its how I do it.

I'll just wait for a neat BMP/SPR package, no hurry. Thanks for all the effort, the graphics all look excellent. It's a wonder how they weren't included in the original game.

Cheetah

Current Projects:

mav

Sorry for the delay, folks. I've been wrapped up in all sorts of nonsense. Here's the finished male Squire.