• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 04:08:39 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

cold52

I see...so like this?

mav

Yeah, these are better. Purple doesn't look purple though, but this is definitely in the right track. If necessary, I'll fine tweak em before importing them into the .shishi file.

Cheetah

Cold52, get your color from Mav's. Notice the his primary and secondary color for each palette are generally consistent between sprites. Start following that and it should work out well for you. Right now your just don't like all the rest, and your color choice isn't ideal.
Current Projects:

mav

On an unrelated note, here are the previews for the female Chemists. What do you guys think?
[attachment=0:2oj1umr1]fchemistpreview.png[/attachment:2oj1umr1]

Oh and, I took MiKe's male Chemists and modified em a bit. I'll try and post the previews tomorrow.

Kaz

lookin' good, my only concern is the yellow chemist.  The hair and the hat could use a bit more contrast - but I like the yellow.. possible to just make her hair a bit darker?
to hell with you mustadio haters

Cheetah

I agree completely about the yellow. Otherwise done.
Current Projects:

mav

Yeah, I've had to do this with a couple yellow palettes, so no big deal. Unfortunately the hair and the skin have to be darkened together. Let me know what you think. I left the portrait the same, as darkening the skin and hair made it look really strange.
[attachment=0:2q4acxba]fchemistpreview.png[/attachment:2q4acxba]

Skip Sandwich

I actually like that some pallets need darker hair and skin, since I'm of the opinion that Ivalice needs more ethnic diversity anyhow, so I think you should do MORE with that.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

mav

I hear ya. I probably should do that for reasons other than making the palettes look a little more aesthetically pleasing. In the mean time, here's the darker portrait for the yellow Chemist:
[attachment=0:2okgxb2r]fchemistpreview.png[/attachment:2okgxb2r]If there are no concerns, I'll update these items on the stylesheet and get to work on the next sprite. Probably Squires. We'll see.

Kaz

Looks nice to me, good job as usual mav.
to hell with you mustadio haters

mav

And here are the previews of the male Chemists. MiKe made some palettes--they looked good, but I ended up going over a couple of them to make them better match the other units. Lemme know what needs changing with these blokes.
[attachment=0:1gapera2]chemistpreview.png[/attachment:1gapera2]

Zaen

The purple and blue look quite similar.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

mav

I noticed that right after I posted it. I'll fix the purple one. I may also make the brown sprite browner and desaturate the reds on the portrait.

cold52

Quote from: "Cheetah"Cold52, get your color from Mav's. Notice the his primary and secondary color for each palette are generally consistent between sprites. Start following that and it should work out well for you. Right now your just don't like all the rest, and your color choice isn't ideal.
Third times the charm I suppose >_>;;;

mav

Not bad. Again, don't fret over getting these perfect. We'll be going over more than a handful of units after testing's completed. Here are the female Squires:
[attachment=0:1jvpio9q]fsquirepreview.png[/attachment:1jvpio9q]I...have mixed feelings about this.

cold52

Quote from: "mav"Not bad. Again, don't fret over getting these perfect. We'll be going over more than a handful of units after testing's completed.
ok, guess Ill get to work on the male geomancer then :P

mav

Do you mind posting the .BMP or .spr files of the female Geomancer, if you have em?

Skip Sandwich

hmmm... I feel like the female squire might work better with more contrasting colors for the armor, or just a couple of variations of armor color (like "Polished Steel", "Black Iron", and "Burnished Bronze")
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

mav

I agree. I'll post up some versions with non-matching armors tomorrow.

mav

And here's the Squire update.
[attachment=0:2gk28ytw]fsquirepreview.png[/attachment:2gk28ytw]