• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Official Sprite Request Section (Rarely fulfilled)

Started by Zozma, October 04, 2008, 11:30:04 pm

Eternal

If someone doesn't mind, could someone upload the Bremondt sprite from WotL? Sorry I'm requesting these WotL sprites, I'd rip them directly if I could. Thanks.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Boxiii

Any other PSP sprite requests?  :P

Velos

I don't know if people are still doing this but, I would like the rest of the Final Fantasy main characters.
That leaves, Warrior of Light, Luneth (as Onion Knight), Cecil (Paladin & Dark Knight), Bartz, Squall, Zidane, Vaan & Lightning

I believe someone was already working on a Terra sprite?
I also remember seeing a Firion sprite on the main site, but it's gone now. Anyone know where I can find it?

I know it's a lot but I'd be happy to see just one of them.

Thnx

Timbo

Has anybody ever gotten around to making a Buster Sword menu sprite to replace Cloud's Materia Blade?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

DeadManWalking

To be honest it'd probably look ugly, it's got a bland basic shape and you can't get too much detail on the menu sprites.

Timbo

You are probably right.  Is there a guide or a post somewhere that explains how to edit menu item sprites?  I might like to make the Materia Blade bigger so it looks more like the Ultima Weapon from FF7.  I have the artistic talent to pull off the artwork, but I'll probably need a little help figuring out which files to edit and maneuvering the palette colors.  Of course, I really just want to magnify the image a little bit and then clean up the pixels so it doesn't look chunky.  I just freaking hate how small it is.  Cloud's sword is supposed to be flipping epic.

VampragonLord

you find the sprite of it at the very bottom of shishi, and extract it.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Timbo

Quote from: "VampragonLord"you find the sprite of it at the very bottom of shishi, and extract it.
I think you are thinking of the battle animation sprite.  I want the item menu sprite.

ChronosAragami

Someone would have the psp version of Luso ??? :)

Kagebunji

Jack, you are looking for this?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Timbo

Yes, but I was wondering how to edit this file.  This couldn't possibly be the actual file they use for the game itself can it?  I can draw sprites but I need to know which one of the 60,000 files in the game is the sprite file I need to edit to actually change the sprites in this game.  I need the file name or names.

Kagebunji

Ask Eternal about it, he changed the in-game menu sprites(well, only palettes, but he knew WHAT to change) in his patch.

Timbo

Thanks for the swift reply Kagebunji.  I'll probably ask him about it later.  Creating a custom Materia Blade is not actually that high on my priorities list right now.

Kagebunji

i did a Buster Sword rough draw once, I even have it. if you want it, PM me.

DeadManWalking

Actually, changing the palette is simple (It's just an option in FFT patcher) I've got no idea how to make a new/replace a menu sprite, though.

VampragonLord

8C or 17C would probably make a decent buster sword without the custom work.

Timbo

17C is okay, and if nothing else I'd probably go with that.  However, If I was going to do anything I'd probably just replace the weapon 15 or 16 with an edited version of weapon 18 and design it based on row 4's color palette to recreate the Ultima Weapon or palette 6 if I want to make a buster sword.  It doesn't seem terribly difficult at all, it all depends on how the game deals with the images and editing the colors.  I may have to deal with manually editing the colors in a really weird way and let the game translate the colors for me.  Which of course, would make a simple task into a difficult one.

VampragonLord

actually if you look closer at the colors, youll notice theyre straight across pretty much the same color for each palette, leading me to believe that theyre connected with weapons having "primary" and "secondary" color. I havent actually messed around with that particular area, but my GUESS is that. So changing the weapons palette may mess up ALL the items that share that palette. Just a thought i had.

Vanya

May 11, 2010, 08:07:56 am #798 Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:39:21 pm by Vanya
They don't have a primary/secondary palette. They use a normal 16 color palette.
But they do share palettes. It's just that they don't all use all the colors all the time.
You'll notice on closer inspection they they generally only ~2-3 groups colors each, but that the individual colors are the same across each line.
That is what causes the illusion that there are multiple palettes.

Cheetah would be the best person to ask about editing those.
He and I were messing with settings in TileMolester to get the relevant files to display correctly and I'm pretty sure he figured it out.
The weapon graphics are located in 'ITEM.BIN'.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Timbo

Thanks Vanya, when I'll be sure to hit him up when the time is right.