There are nine Rendezvous slots remaining right now, and Elric is definitely considering doing something up for them. We were talking about it here on the Discord when I figured, hey, why not put out a topic in case anyone has any good ideas that they want to mention?
Here's what we have so far.
- Chocobo Race: Unlocks at the start of Ch. 2. Map 103, Windmill Shed.
- Treasure Hunt: Unlocks at the start of Ch. 2. Map 78, Zigolis Swamp.
- Teioh: After the Zaland/Mustadio battle. Map 80, Araguay Woods.
- Lost Heirloom: After saving Besrodio. Map 40, Slums in Goug.
- The Fete: At the start of Ch. 3. Map 13, Inside of Lionel Castle.
- Desert Minefield: After Orbonne Monastery. Map 76, Zeklaus Desert.
- Littering: After Yardow's Rafa/Malak battle. Map 27, Goland Coal City.
- Shades of the Past: At the start of Ch. 4. Map 91, Thieves' Fort.
- The Knights Templar: After the Bethla Sluice battle. Map 3, Hall of St. Murond Temple.
- All-Star Melee: After the Murond battles. Map 22, Magic City Gariland.
- The Guarded Temple: After the Murond battles. Map 70, Nelveska Temple.
- Nightmares: After the Murond battles. Map 17, Underground City of Limberry Castle.
- Brave Story: After the Murond battles. Map 61, Underground Book Storage Fifth Floor.
- Ill Wind: After the Murond battles. Map 49, Fort Zeakden.
Currently, the treasure wheel works by saving the Current Map Number to another variable during the rendezvous event, and then checking that during the treasure wheel to determine which loot set the player should get. As a result, any new Rendezvous battles should not
use maps already in use.
It'd be a bit preferable to get a one-battle Rendezvous to go with the After Sluice unlock (as the Knights Templar is a battle sequence) and to get a sequence to go with the Chapter 4 unlock, as the treasure wheel currently increases the odds of rare items & number of chests to open if the player did a battle sequence rather than just one battle.
The ideal might be to add one battle to every unlock point that only has one battle as is. There are five pre-Chapter 4 Rendezvous like this, and the two previously mentioned post-Ch.4 Rendezvous. That still leaves two more Rendezvous free, which can maybe be added into those two Chapter 4 points.
So if anyone's ever had any ideas for some possibly interesting one-off battles in FFT, now's the time to mention them! If Elric likes an idea well enough, you might see it featured in the next release of The Lion War!