Final Fantasy Hacktics

General => The Lounge => RP Forum => Topic started by: Rufio on September 25, 2014, 12:44:51 pm

Title: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on September 25, 2014, 12:44:51 pm
So if there is interest, I'd like to run a zombie survival RPG.  It will use super simple rules and character creation.

The scenario starts as you are a bunch of zombie apocalypse survivors in a fortified mall in the middle of a city.  Everyone has long given up hope of rescue and some people believe your group are the last non-zombies on the planet.  Your group's leader is currently (NPC)John Miller.  He gives out "TASK"s to the group that are necessary for survival.  To join the game, simply post ">Volunteer" and your character sheet.  If at any point your character dies, feel free to >Volunteer again with a new survivor (twin brothers are allowed).

Every so often a "SITUATION" will happen that should be dealt with.  These can be anything from a zombie horde approaching the compound, to a disease spreading among the survivors, to the food supply running low.  How you deal with it is entirely up to each character.  You can either work with or against each other.  The players do not need to stick together.

Each player gets 1 action per round.  If you accidentally do try to do too much, I'll let you know.  All player actions happen simultaneously(ish).  The success of the action is based on how difficult the action is, your character's stats and a d10 roll.
i.e. firing a weapon would be 1d10+dex.  Shooting a zombie in the same room would be easier than shooting a zombie 500 meters away.

If player actions would be rendered pointless due to the rolls of other players, bonuses may be given (overkills).  Between each round I will describe the scene(s), a summary of important events, what effects your actions from the previous round had, and the current TASK and SITUATION status.

Example Round:

Location: Pharmacy (2km from compound)
Party: Mal, Zoe, Wash, Jayne, Kaylee
The pharmacy had already been looted upon your arrival. While searching for any remaining supplies, Kaylee noticed a computer plugged into a motomaster battery.  She was able to retrieve the pharmacy's supplier address from the computer while the rest of the party rummaged for leftover supplies.  Suddenly, 3 zombies shambled from a back room.

Quote from: Mal>Stab the zombies with my rusty machete.

Roll = 6  Total = 12
You impale a zombie with your disgusting machete.  2 zombies remain.

Quote from: Wash>Throw rocks at the zombies.

Roll = 10  Total = 20
You hurl the rocks with such force that both zombies' heads implode and the rest of the rocks in your bag become throwing knives somehow. (+10 throwing knives)

Quote from: Kaylee>Unplug the computer and take the battery with me.

Roll = 2  Total = 10
You tear the plugs out by the cord in your haste and end up shocking yourself.  You temporarily lose feeling in your hand. (-1 dex for 2 rounds, +1 damaged battery)

Quote from: Zoe>Cleave the zombies apart with my fire axe.

Roll = 5  Total = 14
The zombies are already dead.  OVERKILL: All players who attacked zombies gain +2 to their next zombie attack.

Quote from: Jayne>Volunteer

A tall man in a funny orange wool cap enters the pharmacy.  He apologizes for not volunteering sooner, but followed you here as quickly as he could.  He gives you an update on the situation at the compound.  Jayne has joined the party!


SCENE:  The zombies are dispatched and you have the address of the pharmacy's supplier (outskirts of city, 15km away).  You have managed to find baby aspirin and a couple bandaids in the pharmacy.
TASK:  Scout the local pharmacy.
SITUATION:  Medical supplies have run out and a mysterious sickness is spreading.
UPDATE:  The sick survivors at camp seem to be getting better on their own.

GROUP 2

Location: Hospital (5km from compound)
Party: River, Simon
You have found the MRI room and managed to get a backup generator running.

Quote from: Simon>Perform an MRI on River's brain.

Roll = 3  Total = 10
Your MRI skills are a bit rusty and you don't get anything useful.

Quote from: River>Lie still for the MRI.

Roll = 6  Total = 10
You successfully don't move for the MRI, making Simon's job easier. Turns out he did do the test properly and you get the results you need. (updated on spreadsheet)

SCENE:  You decided to blow the rest of the party off and go about your own business.  You found a hospital with working equipment and successfully performed an MRI.  The noise from the machine, however, appears to have attracted unwanted attention.  You hear moans and shuffling from the hallway.
TASK:  Scout the local pharmacy.
SITUATION:  Medical supplies have run out and a mysterious sickness is spreading.
[/spoiler]

The following is the character sheet template.  Occupation and hobbies will grant minor appropriate bonuses.  Stats must be between 2 and 8, and cannot total more than 30.  A character with 5 in each stat is remarkably average at everything.

Player:           
           
Name:           
Gender:           
Age:           
Occupation:
Hobbies:
           








AbilityAffectsPoints
StrengthMelee2-8
DexterityRanged2-8
AgilityDodge2-8
CunningTactics2-8
IntelligenceTechnology2-8
CharismaInfluence2-8


Example jobs:
Military Officer
Military Grunt
Personal Trainer
Engineer
Paramedic
Comedian
Farmer
Carpenter
Plumber
Used Car Salesman
Teacher
Cook
Priest
Waiter
Accountant
Health Inspector

Spreadsheet can be seen here:
https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/ropen.do?rid=grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2
[/spoiler]

I will use that spreadsheet to store the character sheets and inventories, so it will be linked to at every Round Report (so you don't have to find this post again).





So, now that I've explained, let's start!

SCENE:  It has been about 5 years since the outbreak of the zombie virus.  Most of the world was turned within a week.  Those that weren't managed to form small pockets of resistance, most notably under military protection and command. However, even the military could not hold against the threat, as the infection managed to find its way into the most fortified positions.  Eventually, hope of a cure or even rescue faded from groups of survivors scattered across the globe.
Your group of survivors have been holed up in this mall turned compound for what seems like an eternity.  Everyone has adjusted to the fact that this is your life now, but people are getting bored and complacent to the zombie menace.  John Miller, the groups appointed leader, enters the Best Buy outlet that has been turned into a rec room and speaks to the survivors gathered there.
"The ventilation system seems to be busted, and with all the windows completely sealed and boarded up, we aren't getting enough fresh air.  I need some people to head to the roof and see what the problem is.  Any volunteers?

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system on the roof.

SITUATION:  The vents have stopped working.  60 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating.


EDIT:  Character sheets and inventories have been uploaded to the game spreadsheet here:
https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 25, 2014, 03:15:00 pm
OOC: I simply must ask: Are these zombies shamblers or runners?

Addendum: I read the part where a handful of zombies shamble out of a backroom and another where they are shuffling in a hallway. The first one is an enclosed space, limiting movement, the second, feels like it is indicating shamblers. Be that the case, I will submit a character soon.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on September 25, 2014, 03:51:48 pm
OOC: Alright, I'm in.

QuotePlayer: Celdia
           
Name: Rachael   
Gender: Female     
Age: 19
Occupation: Wage slave at the Foot Locker in the Mall, College student
Hobbies: Softball, Bouldering, Paintball, Parkour (just learning the basics)
           
Strength: 7
Dexterity: 6
Agility: 7
Cunning: 3
Intelligence: 4
Charisma: 3



Rachael is more than a bit of a tomboy. Standing about 5'4" with short-cut, untamable red hair, a fair complexion, green eyes and a heavy dose of freckles across her average-looking face, she is the stereotype of Irish blood on American soil. Years of playing for the school's softball team and running track have given Rachael an athletic body and competative spirit but she tends to ignore the social graces observed by other girls of her age. That and her acerbic wit have made her rather unpopular with anyone but the boys she constantly tries to show up in any athletic competition she can get involved in. She is commonly seen carrying a bat and glove or a bag of gear for paintball or free-climbing when she is out and about.


Racahel steps forward confidently, "Gotta say, I'm itching to stretch my legs, boss. I'll go but I'd feel better if someone else came along to watch my back." She turns to let her gaze rake across the other people nearby, looking for someone reliable to join her.

> Volunteer
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 25, 2014, 05:03:00 pm
Player: Ryqoshay

Name: Ronald Farwell
Gender: Male
Age: 36
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'
Weight: 170 lb
Occupation: Former Army Chaplain, Rank Captain, Dismissed
Hobbies: Drinking, Reading, Firearm maintenance, Darts, Dice, Cards, Various other forms of gambling

Strength:4
Dexterity: 7
Agility: 5
Cunning: 6
Intelligence: 4
Charisma: 4

Appearance: Cares little for personal appearance and as such, often appears disheveled. Often wears a headband or other accessory to keep his lengthening hair out of his face. Is fond of chewing on things like toothpicks and pens when he can find them.

Background:
Early in the outbreak, Ron was diligent in his duties as there was no shortage of individual crises to which he would attend. He proudly preached the word and did everything in his power to keep moral in an ever increasingly desperate situation. He had always been fond of games of chance and saw them as another way to keep spirits up, so long as they remained fair. He would often host games and would monitor those in his unit to ensure fraud was avoided.

Then the call came in that his hometown was in the projected path of a massive horde of undead. After much pleading, he was assigned to the unit dispatched to defend the area. Unfortunately, they arrived too late; the town had been completely overrun. His family lost, his faith failing and disillusioned with the military, he turned to drinking to numb the pain. Embittered and belligerent, it did not take long before he was court-martialed and dismissed from service.

He has since wandered aimlessly, ever seeking stocks of booze that have yet to be looted. He still carries a small bible in his breast pocket, though he has not opened it in a long while. His other pockets hold various dice and several decks of cards that he uses to entertain himself and others he encounters.


Ron sighs and raises his hand.
> [Volunteer]
"Can't let the little lady go alone, I suppose..." He says, perhaps a bit gruffer than intended. "He would probably frown on that..." he adds under his breath "the self-righteous bastard..."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on September 25, 2014, 06:03:37 pm
ooc: Coolio, I'm in too!

QuotePlayer: Jumza           
             
Name: Jordan Kamps         
Gender: Male           
Age: 20           
Occupation: Piano Teacher, Student
Hobbies: Drawing, Cooking (poorly), Cross Country (which is like, running / jogging)
             
Ability   Points
Strength   4
Dexterity   8
Agility   5
Cunning   4
Intelligence   4
Charisma   5



Jordan is male, around 5'9" with black hair, brown eyes, has fairly pale skin and is often seen wearing headphones, even if they aren't plugged into anything. He enjoys art such as music (of a large variety of types) and drawings, he is currently trying to learn how to cook, though sometimes he feels he just wastes supplies on his awfully tasting meals (though he has great fun doing so). Sports aren't exactly the thing he likes doing most, but he often takes part anyway because he admits it's fun spending time with his friends no matter what they're doing. Jordan is afraid of being alone unless he is certain he is safe, especially in the dark and in tight spaces.


Jordan raises his hand, "I'll go too." Walking forward he steps in line with the two people who also volunteered, the girl seemed eager to move around, outside of the constraints of the store. Jordan was less sure that he wanted to leave the safety of the rec room, but he had a similar sense of restlessness, he felt useless sitting around doing nothing, so he decided to join them.

> [Volunteer]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Eternal on September 25, 2014, 10:03:06 pm
QuotePlayer: Eternal         
             
Name: Father Superbia   
Gender: Male           

Age: 44       
Occupation: Priest
Hobbies: Reading, Playing Chess, Praying
             
Ability Points

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Agility: 2
Cunning: 8
Intelligence: 8
Charisma: 8

Father Superbia is not a brave man, nor is he a strong man. Spending a quiet life behind convent walls, Father Superbia lived a simple life praying for the world's salvation before the outbreak. Though no stranger to the despair of the innocent, Father Superbia finds strength in his unyielding faith in God, and he piously believes in His light that will one day smite the undead horde, and will free humanity from Satanic wrath.


"The Lord will it, we'll survive this. The ventilation is broken? I've read about such things. I volunteer to join the group going to the roof. His Light will protect us, and deliver judgment upon those that would harm us." Father Superbia says quietly, secretly quivering in fear.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 25, 2014, 10:09:55 pm
Ron remains silent as the holy man volunteers his knowledge to the group, but cannot help cringing a little at the devotee's divine proclamation.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on September 26, 2014, 02:11:00 am
ROUND 1 REPORT

Location: Roof Access Stairwell (Inside compound)
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia
The access stairwell has long been unused.  It is cluttered with all kinds of garbage and broken furniture.  The floor is sticky as you climb each level, and the smell of the place is almost enough to make you vomit.  The door to the roof at the top floor appears to be warped and dented inward. Desks, chairs, and file cabinets (probably from Office Depot) are propped against the door.

Quote from: Rachael>Volunteer

Rachael has joined the party!

Quote from: Ronald Farwell>Volunteer

Ronald has joined the party!

Quote from: Jordan Kamps>Volunteer

Jordan has joined the party!

Quote from: Father Superbia>Volunteer

Superbia has joined the party!


Quote from: Round ReportSCENE:  The party has made its way to the roof access, only to find it barricaded and probably locked.  Luckily, Father Superbia had the foresight (passive cunning check) to ask for a key before you left.  Jordan assures the group he hears no movement outside (passive listen check). Ronald and Superbia have thus far avoided talking to one another.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION:  The vents have stopped working.  59 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating.

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on September 26, 2014, 07:38:10 am
"Ugh, what a mess. Well, time's wasting. Let's get this pile of crap out of the way." Rachael grimaces as she reaches ahead and starts pulling parts of the barricade down and away, trying not to look too closely at what she's putting her hands on as she does so.

> Disassemble the barricade hastily.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on September 26, 2014, 09:32:01 am
Jordan grimaces, nods in agreement and begins helping Rachael pull down the office supplies. His hands stick to some papers which he quickly shakes off in disgust, and continues pulling the mess from the door.

>Assist Rachael with removing the barricade.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 26, 2014, 10:56:07 am
Ron remained silent as the group made their way up to the roof access. He spent the time quietly observing the others. The young lady looked like the best equipped to hold her own should things go south while the boy he was having a bit more trouble reading. The old priest he chalked up as a liability but he vowed to ensure none of them joined the ranks of the undead so long as he still held a breath in his body.

"Aw, hell..." he finally uttered upon seeing the damage to the roof door. The girl said something and the two kids started clearing the debris. "Someone built this barricade to keep something on the roof." He points out, joining the two. "I know you don't hear anything now, kid, but unless those creatures have taken up base jumping, I'll wager they're still up here. We're going to have to remain vigilant." He suddenly laments of the loss of his hand gun at the last place he had taken refuge.

>[Help clear debris while keeping an eye out for a suitable melee weapon.]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on September 26, 2014, 02:27:02 pm
I'm going to go ahead and make an AI move on Eternal's behalf. I was hoping to get a couple more volunteers but we will power forth!  Also, feel free to take minor actions during your turn along with your main action like Ryqo did.  Examples, looking for general types of things, picking up loose objects, moving to a position of cover, etc.  If you wish to give items from your inventory to another player, just make a note somewhere and i will adjust the character sheets.

ROUND 2 REPORT

Location: Roof Access Stairwell (Inside compound)
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia
While clearing the makeshift barricade and getting covered in god-knows-what, the party realizes that the stench in the stairwell is actually coming from outside.  The two youngest volunteers race towards their objective, having almost forgotten the horror of coming face to face with a zombie.  The grizzled padre voices his concerns, but joins the headstrong youths in their task.

Quote from: Rachael> Disassemble the barricade hastily.

Roll = 3    Total=10
You begin tearing down the makeshift barricade, but have difficulty with some of the larger items.  Your hands are now covered in whatever was coating the furniture you moved.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps>Assist Rachael with removing the barricade.

Roll = 4    Total=8
You attempt to help Rachael but end up getting in her way more than anything.  After the first few medium sized pieces of furniture, you mutter something about cramps and sit down.

Quote from: Ronald Farwell>[Help clear debris while keepong an eye out for a suitable melee weapon.]

Roll = 9    Total=13
You show the youngsters how things got moved from point A to point B when you were in the service.  With your help the barricade is swiftly removed.  During the disassembly you noticed several large pieces of wood from broken furniture that could be used as improvised clubs should you need to defend yourself.  (+1 Improvised Club)

Quote from: Father Superbia AI>Throw Baby Motivate and direct workflow.  Unlock door when possible.

Roll = 8    Total=16
Under your direction the whole process flows extremely smoothly.  Jordan even recovers from his "cramp" and is able to help again.  Once the barricade is removed you unlock the battered door.  OVERKILL: All party members involved in removing barricade gain +2 to their next strength check.

Quote from: Round ReportSCENE:  The party attempts to tear down a barricade blocking their access to the roof, and through the power of teamwork, completes the task easily.  When the battered door opens, the stench in the stairwell becomes unbearable.  Jordan Kamps throws up in the corner.  The rooftop is covered in piles of rotting corpses.  Some appear to be completely burnt, others partially.  None appear to be moving.  When Jordan recovers from the stench and witnesses the scene, he begins vomitting again.
One of the corpse piles appears to have collapsed onto a large metal box structure that Superbia recognizes to be the ventilation system near the middle of the roof (50 meters from the access stairwell).

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION:  The vents have stopped working.  58 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating.

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on September 26, 2014, 04:31:15 pm
Watching Jordan being elicits a muttered comment of "I see the spirit is willing but the body is weak." from Rachael who is only barely holding the contents of her own stomach. Taking Ron's words of caution to heart, she slips her bat free from the straps on her bag. "How did all these bodies even get UP here?" she asks to no one in particular as she peeks out the doorway.

> Ready bat, slowly advance out onto the rooftop
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 26, 2014, 04:49:08 pm
Ron stares at the horrific scene before him before giving a glance skyward. Is it that time? The sound of a stomach violently attempting to remove itself from its owner's body catches his attention amd he glances towards the source of the noise. Poor kid, he thinks to himself as he recalls a time when the smell bothered him as well. It's sad the things to which one may become accustomed.

Well if the barricade removal and door opening hadn't been loud enough, the retching was certainly less than silent enough to announce their presence. Anything up here, alive or otherwise, knows we are here...

The preacher man points out the the ventilation system. Thank you, Captain Obvious...

The young lady admonishes the kid's weakness though doesn't appear to be holding up much better.  There is something to be said about bravado, but...

"Well, tearing apart wood and crap is one thing," he gives voice to his thoughts, "but, I for one have little desire to start blindly reaching my hands into a pile of corpses. Some may decide to reach back. What say we use some of these planks to do the reaching for us?"

OOC: Holding action for other opinions on tactics.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on September 26, 2014, 05:49:49 pm
"Just... Deep, slow... Breaths..." Jordan mutters as he tries recover from his vomiting streak before anything else can surface.
A few moments later Jordan regains temporary control over his stomach, and stands up, only to be hit by another wave of nausea after getting a better look at the scene. Dead bodies are piled high, some even on top of what the priest identified as the broken machine.

The girl makes some remark about his weak stomach, but he could see how green she looked. The military man spoke then, suggesting that the group avoid touching the bodies. This seemed like the best and only plan, so Jordan, grabbing Father Superbia's arm for support, turned around to avoid looking at the zombies for awhile so that he could mentally prepare himself for the task ahead of them.
"I think that's a *stomach rumbling noises* ugh, a good idea."

> Turn around, hold Father Superbia's arm for support and agree with Ron's plan.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on September 26, 2014, 06:36:37 pm
OOC: Let's do this!

Player: TristanBeoulve           
           
Name: Jessie           
Gender: Male           
Age: 17           
Occupation: Tactician
Hobbies: Archery, Chess, Paintball, Reading, Tactics
             
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 7
Agility: 3
Cunning: 8
Intelligence: 4
Charisma: 6


Jessie is a 5'11'' 16 year old male with brown hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. He grew up in an orphanage. While there, he took a liking to the books available. One particular book, 'The Art of War', stood out to him in particular. Ever since reading the book, he's taken every possible chance to increase his skills. From helping his friends to victory in paintball to target practice at the range, you won't find him practicing his cunning and dexterity. He still enjoys a good book and can reading, and you also find him playing chess sometimes. When the zombie virus broke out, most of his good friends died, and  eventually they all met their death. He's been traveling ever since, trying to find a cure for the plague that has ravaged the world for too long. 


Jessie looks out at the nearby group of survivors. Should I join them? he wonders. All too many times he's hastily joined up with people only to find himself in danger. The youngest man, whom Jessie assumed was about his age, seemed to be having trouble keeping his lunch down. The group didn't seem all too dangerous to Jessie, but he knew the possibility all too well. "Oh well," he mutters to himself as he leaves his hiding spot on the rooftop. "Let's see what happens."
>Join the group.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Eternal on September 26, 2014, 08:14:07 pm
Father Superbia looks down at the scared youth, remembering his own fears of death. Though his faith was unfaltering, there was always the fear of the great unknown- the void beyond life's light.

"You needn't fear, child." Father Superbia says calmly, to the shivering youth. "We are but a chosen few survivors, warriors bathed in God's divine light. We were chosen by Him to fulfill His mission. We won't be killed by these fiends. We will survive, and we will free the land from this petulant miasma."

Father Superbia looks up at Ron. "My son, these corpses have been desecrated by unholy means. To touch them would be to have our own souls corrupted. I agree with you, we must use the plank."

>Hold back with Jordan and agree with Ron's plan.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 26, 2014, 11:08:45 pm
Ron grunts at the holy man. He honestly believes that sh**, doesn't he? "Alright, let's see what we can find..."

>[Seek large, sturdy plank(s) that would be unwieldy as a weapon, but large enough to be utilized to pry corpses from a pile.]

OOC: What I wouldn't give for a ten foot pole, a battering ram and a handy haversack...
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on September 27, 2014, 02:37:04 am
ROUND 3 REPORT

Turn order here is a little different than posting order.  I chose to do it in a way that made most sense from what you described.

Location: Roof (Top of compound)
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia, Jessie
Upon opening the door to the roof, the volunteers were confronted by a scene straight out of nightmares.  Hundreds upon hundreds of burnt, rotting corpses lied in piles upon the rooftop.  The party decided to cautiously advance towards their objective, using parts of the makeshift barricade to prod their way through the sea of bodies.

Quote from: Rachael> Ready bat, slowly advance out onto the rooftop

Roll = 8    Total=15
Rachael draws her trusty baseball bat and carefully advances into the scene of carnage, careful to avoid the piles where who-knows-what lies beneath.

Quote from: Ronald>Seek large, sturdy plank(s) that would be unwieldy as a weapon, but large enough to be utilized to pry corpses from a pile.

Roll = 10    Total=16
You find the most amazing planks in existence amongst the wrecked barricade for the party to use.  Not only would they be excellent and moving corpses, but their large size and reach do not seem to detract from how easily they would be used as weapons. (+1 Yggdrasil Plank)
You follow Rachael out onto the roof carefully avoiding the body piles.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps>Turn around, hold Father Superbia's arm for support and agree with Ron's plan.

Roll = 9    Total=17
The old padre hands you a wonderful plank as you make your way out onto the roof.  Unlike the task of moving heavy objects, you seem remarkably capable of gracefully moving about the bodies, careful not to touch any of them. (+1 Yggdrasil Plank)

Quote from: Father Superbia>Hold back with Jordan and agree with Ron's plan.

Roll = 9    Total=11  (all high rolls this round so far, glad I haven't had to screw anyone over yet)
Although you are not the most graceful individual, you manage to find your way through the corpses without too much difficulty, following Jordan's graceful lead.  Your fellow practitioner of the word hands you a wonderful plank for self defense (+1 Yggdrasil Plank)

Quote from: Jessie>Volunteer.

An awkward looking youth approaches the group from the rear.  Jessie has joined the party!

Quote from: Round Report
SCENE:  The party carefully makes its way to the ventillation system which has been covered in corpses.  The metal bin appears dented and a thick pipe seems to have been broken off and lies on the ground next to the main bin.  The amount of bodies that have piled around the system is unbelievable.  It would appear as though they were once in a giant pile, but now lie strewn about.
After arriving at the system, a dishevelled young boy in his teens approaches the group from the rear.  Nobody is sure whether he followed them up to the roof or if he was up there all along.  None of the 4 original volunteers remember seeing him before now.  Wherever he came from, the group is sure startled by his sudden appearance.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents have stopped working.  57 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating.
- A youth of unknown origins has approached the group.

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)

Remember to check your sheets as your inventory and temporary bonuses are updated each round.

Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 27, 2014, 07:23:42 am
"Jesus, where the hell did you come from, kid?" Ron asks the newcomer.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on September 27, 2014, 08:44:57 am
Jordan grips the plank of wood, a boy, younger than himself, emerged from who know's where and seems to be approaching the group. There is no visible rot on his skin and he appears to be walking more smoothly than most zombies he had seen, but Jordan felt wary of anything that moved outside of their original group. The older guy seemed to be confronting the younger guy, so Jordan decided to stay quiet for now.

>Hold the plank of wood, cautiously look and listen for other signs of movement or noise on the rooftop, without approaching any of the corpse piles.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on September 27, 2014, 11:47:27 am
Rachael spins in alarm at Ron's outburst, bat ready to swing, obviously becoming more than a little jumpy at this point. The fact that she is opposite the group from the newcomer is likely the only thing that saved him from a bat to the head. Taking a moment to collect her wits again, she approaches the broken pipe while trying not to think too much about what she might be stepping in to get to it. She reaches her bat out and pokes the pipe with it. "Does anyone know how to fix something like this? It looks REALLY busted. I think we might need some tools...and a professional maintenance guy."

> Try not to kill the newcomer, don't think about the dead bodies being dead bodies and then go inspect the pipe.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on September 27, 2014, 12:17:29 pm
Jessie examines Ron. "I've been wandering around the wasteland."  Jessie rubbed his neck. Ron arched an eyebrow, and asked "Doing what, exactly?" Jessie considered the question, and then responded "Trying to stay alive, primarily,". Jessie eyed the man carefully. He wasn't sure whether he should just walk away, but something told him these people could help him to his goal. He noticed the sick guy holding a sturdy plank at the ready. "Not to worry," Jessie assured him, "if there were any of the damn shamblers up here, I'd know it." The guy still held the plank, clearly not convinced. Jessie noticed the only female of the group inspecting the pipe, and decides to help out.
>Inspect the broken pipe.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on September 27, 2014, 12:31:58 pm
OOC: Imma be the Mr. Averaggio of the group and see how that works out

Player: Vaan
           
Name: Nacht           
Gender: Male           
Age: 20           
Occupation: Student
Hobbies: Laser Tag (Dual wielding), Nerf Wars (dual wielding), Camping, Fencing and playing Guitar.
             
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Agility: 5
Cunning: 5
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 5


Nacht has dyed dark green hair, originally the darkest shade of black like the night, his name sake. About 6'3, white and has an atlethic body due to alot of hardcore laser tag/nerf wars with his friends. Originally lived in a orphanage, but never cared since he was happy in there, always plays his . Been traveling alone since the zombie outbreak and doesnt know how it happened or how he survived but remains confident in his objectives of finding the cure and surviving.


Nacht watches a group of people who seem to be interacting with eachother "They dont look undead enough to be zombies, perhaps i should stick to them", he says while walking towards the group

> Approach the group in the Roof in a friendly stance to avoid alarmation
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 27, 2014, 12:44:21 pm
"God damned kids are commin' outta the woodwork..." Ron grumbles. "Just how long were you boys up here?" He glares at the two suspiciously. "How did you get up here? Why the hell was the door locked and barricaded from the inside if you were both out here? And for Chris'sake why the f*** did you pile the f*****' bodies up over the ventilation?"

OOC: Going forward, I'd appreciate not having words put into Ron's mouth, even if they were relatively in character.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on September 27, 2014, 01:27:56 pm
Quote from: Ryqoshay on September 27, 2014, 12:44:21 pm
OOC: Going forward, I'd appreciate not having words put into Ron's mouth, even if they were relatively in character.

OOC:Sorry about that. It hadn't occurred to me for some reason that our characters could have conversations without one person making all of it.... now I know.
"I can't speak for Mr. Green over here, but I haven't been here for long. And those bodies are definitely not my doing." Jessie turned to the green haired guy. "By the way, who are you?"
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on September 27, 2014, 01:45:28 pm
Letting her gaze rest on Jessie, Rachael asks, "One could ask the same of you...and also why you're so confident there's none of those things up here?" Unmasked suspicion colors her words as she side-steps away from Jessie as he gets closer to where she stands by the broken pipe.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on September 27, 2014, 02:25:54 pm
"Who are you guys is the best question, but i will be polite and answer you first, name's Nacht not Mr Green.", he says as he looks at the broken pipe that is troubling everyone. "What is that?" Nacht asks while pointing at the pipe.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 27, 2014, 03:10:04 pm
Ron takes a swig from his bottle of Jack Daniel's. This thing isn't going to last me the next hour... "Farwell." He says. "Ronald Farwell. Call me whatever you want, I don't really give a damn." He points to the remaining planks. "If you wanna make yourselves useful, grab a board and help us get these corpses off. Then Preacher Man here," he makes a rather dismissive wave towards the priest, "might be able to work a miracle and fix it so everyone inside might be graced with some fresh air."

>[Begin removing bodies from the pile using plank, remaining vigilant of movement within and attempting to stay out of arm's reach of any given corpse.]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on September 27, 2014, 04:02:50 pm
Jordan stares quietly at the arrival of a second unknown person. Still gripping the plank, he hopes that at this point, nothing else surprises the group until the ventilation system was fixed.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Eternal on September 27, 2014, 05:39:40 pm
Father Superbia turns towards the newcomers, nodding politely. "I am Father Superbia. The more the merrier, I say. Our meeting here is surely God's will." Father Superbia then turns to the drunkard. "Ronald, I'll not have you blaspheme. I am no worker of miracles. I am but a faithful servant to the Lord, here to vanquish this horrible night."

Father Superbia cautiously moves towards the others. "If I had to wager a guess, the ventilation shaft likely has a corrupted corpse within it." The priest then glances towards one of the corpses on the ground. "Flesh is falling off of this poor, forsaken soul's body. Perhaps there's some corrupted flesh within the shaft?"

>Hold back and wait for the bodies to be moved.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on September 27, 2014, 06:54:57 pm
Nacht looks at the priest holding back and says "Hey Friar Tuck, just because you look old doesnt mean you have to do nothing, did god tell you to be useless? Grab a plank and help"
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on September 27, 2014, 08:24:54 pm
Nods unconsciously in agreement with Nacht's statement before offering a simple, "I'm Rachael." to the newcomers.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on September 27, 2014, 09:07:43 pm
Following up on the rest of the groups introductions, Jordan says "And my name is Jordan." to the new people.
The green haired guy, Nacht, rather rudely tells the holy man to get to work, and though Jordan wasn't particularly religious himself, he decided to stand by the oldest and possibly most frail member of the group. "It's ok," Jordan said to Father Superbia, "you don't have to take every order that's given, especially those from people who we don't know...", Jordan emphasized the last words carefully, he hated being bossed around, and he thought that others probably felt the same way.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on September 27, 2014, 09:56:24 pm
Quote from: Rufio on September 25, 2014, 12:44:51 pm
To join the game, simply post ">Volunteer" and your character sheet.

Also, please do not write actions or dialogue for characters other than your own.

I'd also like to note that trading items is a free action and can be done at any time.  Just make a note of it like so:
Quote from: Father Superbia[Trade Item]Give Rooftop Key to Rachael



ROUND 4 REPORT

Aside:  A lot going on this round.  Doing it all in chronological post order this time.
Location: Roof (Top of compound)
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia, Jessie, Nacht
Reaching the broken ventilation system,  the group is approached by 2 young strangers.  The original party accepts their presence and aid in fixing the ventilation system, and people make introductions.  With bodies blocking the vents, some of the party begins to clear the area so they can affect repairs.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps>Hold the plank of wood, cautiously look and listen for other signs of movement or noise on the rooftop, without approaching any of the corpse piles.

Roll = 6    Total=12
You prepare yourself for any danger that might come your way and actively try to sense any perils that might befall the group.  Other than the voices of the group, the rooftop is eerily silent.

Quote from: Rachael> Try not to kill the newcomer, don't think about the dead bodies being dead bodies and then go inspect the pipe.

Roll = 8    Total=12 (a roll of 1 here would have made my day)
Rachael successfully does not kill the newcomer.  Upon inspecting the pipe, she realizes it is just a hollow pipe with a cap, to prevent debris from entering the main ventilation box.

Quote from: Jessie>Inspect the broken pipe.

Roll = 10    Total=14
You inspect the pipe so thoroughly that you suddenly understand everything about it.  You know where it was made, when it was shipped to the mall, and the name of the guy who put the company stamp on it.  All of this knowledge quickly fades and a "Ventilation Care and Maintenance Manual" materializes in your hand.  Nobody questions where it came from or why you have it.

Quote from: Nacht> Approach the group in the Roof in a friendly stance to avoid alarmation

Roll = 5    Total=10
You approach the party from the opposite direction Jessie did previously.  Your sudden presence slightly alarmates them, but they quickly calm down as you introduce yourself.  Nacht has joined the party!

Quote from: RonaldRonald asks very relevant questions!

Quote from: NewcomersNewcomers use explain.  It's not very effective!


Quote from: Ronald>[Begin removing bodies from the pile using plank, remaining vigilant of movement within and attempting to stay out of arm's reach of any given corpse.]

Roll = 7    Total=14 (+1 for yggdrasil plank, +2 strength check bonus)
You remove the majority of bodies surrounding the system, but notice that the hole where the broken pipe once stood has a particularily stubborn corpse jamming it up.  You're gonna need help getting that body moved.

Quote from: Father Superbia>Hold back and wait for the bodies to be moved.

Roll = 7    Total=15
You successfully hold back while those more adept at moving heavy things take care of business.  Your assessment of the cause of malfunction is correct.  The system appears to be jammed by a corpse.

Quote from: JordanJordan uses protect on Superbia's ego.  It is super effective!


Quote from: Round Report
SCENE:  The ever-growing party begins moving the corpse piles so they can affect repairs to the ventilation system.  The arrival of the newcomers has startled the group, but they quickly welcome the aid and support.  With most of the bodies moved, the cause of the problem appears to be a jammed corpse inside the ventilation system.  It most likely damaged some of the inner workings when it fell from the corpse-pile.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents have stopped working.  56 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating.

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: rrs_kai on September 27, 2014, 11:37:40 pm
ignore

I sincerely apologize for not informing you of this scenario beforehand. I am sorry for wasting your time
delete my post entirely as I am not aware of how that is done  :oops:.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on September 28, 2014, 12:12:24 am
rrs_kai.  I decide what bonuses people have, what their starting inventories are, and what effects certain items give. Fix your character stats and I will introduce your character into the game.

Also, the ventilation system is most assuredly not fixed at this time.  I suggest you read more thoroughly.

All players, ignore previous post of rrs_kai.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 28, 2014, 12:34:01 am
For now, Ron ignores Superbia's admonishment concerning blaspheme and can't help but chuckle a moment later at Nacht's insulting nickname for the father. However, the name does stir memories of being called it himself by the occasional rebellious recruit who thought they were clever. God, that was ages ago... He shoves the thoughts back down and focuses on the task at hand. The others introduce themselves as well though he barely hears them as he begins prying bodies off the pile, slowly falling into a steady rhythm.

"God damn it!" He finally curses as the primary source of the problem becomes evident. "F*****' jacka** must've tried crawling in here and got himself stuck. We're gonna need more than these stupid hunks of wood to get this bastard out." He turns to the others. "Anyone got any bright ideas?"

OOC: Yes, I read the narration that the corpse probably fell into the vent, but Ron is ticked off at the situation in general and a possible zombie corpse makes for a decent scapegoat.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Eternal on September 28, 2014, 01:02:24 am
OOC: Can Father Superbia bless any form of water to turn it into Holy Water?

Father Superbia looks over at Nacht, agasp. "My son, have you not been taught to respect your elders!? Indeed, He tells me many things, but your words are inexcusable!" The priest closes his eyes momentarily and takes a deep breath. "But I forgive your transgression, as I do all manner of sin. Indeed, tensions are running high right now."

The priest turns back towards the others who are moving the corpses with the planks of wood. "I'm left to wonder, however, how these bodies got atop the roof to begin with. The compound was secured from external threat... so perhaps something was amiss within the mall that would cause all these innocent people to flee here? If so, how did they die?"

Father Superbia focuses for a moment, before coming upon a vexing conclusion. "The corpses are decomposing- that means that they've been dead for some time now. I know not how these poor souls were slain, but whatever it was had to have had a way -down- from the rooftop after it did... whatever it did. The external door was barricaded and locked... which means it can't have gotten down through there. My children... Either these fiends can fly... or the beast that did this is still among the shadows, waiting to strike!"

Father Superbia once more takes a deep breath. "I apologize. Though the Holy Spirit wells within me, even I succumb to fear, as do all mortal men. Jordan, will you please assist me in examining a corpse to see exactly how it was slain?"

>Cautiously examine a nearby corpse for cause of death.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on September 28, 2014, 03:12:44 am
Eternal:  Yes, as a priest you can turn water into holy water.  Don't think of holy water in a final fantasy sense, think of it more as a holy water you might find in your neighborhood church sense.

rrs_kai:  Sorry, i can't allow an alternating max stat.  seems too easy to abuse.  if you wish to create a character with a quirk (negative attribute) i will give that character a slight bonus to make up for whatever quirk you choose.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on September 28, 2014, 09:20:13 am
Jordan shivers at Father Superbia's words; "My children... Either these fiends can fly... or the beast that did this is still among the shadows, waiting to strike!", what a terrible but unfortunately entirely possible thought. Father Superbia politely asks Jordan for help in examining a corpse, and though his weak stomach protested, it was probably a good idea. Jordan stood next to the priest some distance away from a corpse that was slightly removed from the pile, he could feel the bile rising in his throat as he examined the body.

>Help Father Superbia examine the nearby corpse for cause of death.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 28, 2014, 11:51:39 am
"Brilliant conclusion, Father, but why do you think I sought this," Ron indicates the makeshift club he found, "and let the little lady stand guard?" His eyes never leave the corpse still wedged in the vent as his troubled mind tries to determine the best method to remove it. "Thanks, by the way," he says in a quieter tone to Rachael, "it's nice to know some still listen to a fool like me." Now if only we had something like a big meat hook or some rope or... God, anything more useful than wood...

>[Perform as in depth inspection as possible to determine the extent of the jam, i.e. width of the vent, depth of the jam, position of the body, approximate weight of the body, extent of decay, possibility of it being an active zombie, etc.]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on September 28, 2014, 12:00:21 pm
Jessie looked upon the group. The priest and the green haired guy were having some problems. He decided to do something for himself, rather than intervene. He looked around, hopeful to find something of use.

>Search for a good bow, and hopefully some arrows.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on September 28, 2014, 12:23:06 pm
Quote from: Rufio(a roll of 1 here would have made my day)
OOC: I gotta admit, I'd have laughed my ass off.


"Well, you do seem like you've been around a bit. My parents did raise me with the idea of listening to my elders." Rachael replies in a clipped tone that belies her nervous state.

> Keep watch for anything or anyone else that might be moving about up here.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on September 28, 2014, 07:12:14 pm
While concerned that he is not well equipped for any encounters with zombies, Nacht searches the enviroment for useful weapons/ammo for his nerf gun

> Search enviroment for useful weapons/ammo for nerf gun
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 28, 2014, 07:56:27 pm
OOC: Nacht is a telepath?
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on September 28, 2014, 07:58:48 pm
Quote from: Ryqoshay on September 28, 2014, 07:56:27 pm


OOC: Derp. I thought it was a speech.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on September 28, 2014, 10:44:57 pm
ROUND 5 REPORT


Location: Roof (Top of compound)
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia, Jessie, Nacht
Upon clearing the corpse debris from the vent system the party is faced with yet another problem.  A darned corpse has gone and clogged itself in the works real good.  With the party tenuously accepting the presence of the newcomers, they figure out how to best procede.

Quote from: Father Superbia>Cautiously examine a nearby corpse for cause of death.

Roll = 1    Total=9
As you attempt to cautiously approach a corpse, you trip over your own feet and faceplant into one of the piles.  As you struggle about attempting to free yourself your screams of terror echo throughout the neighborhood.  It feels as though the arms are holding you in place as you flail around.  In your panic, you lose your Necklace and First Aid Kit into the pile.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps>Help Father Superbia examine the nearby corpse for cause of death.

Roll = 8    Total=12
You watch Father Superbia fall into the pile but are too stunned to stop it from happening.  Once you regain your composure you are able to help the old man free himself from the corpses.  While doing so you notice that none of the corpses are actually zombies.  In fact, you are pretty sure they never were.  There are no bite or claw marks to be seen.  You do, however noticed some strange wounds on some of the corpses' torsos and backs. If you had to guess, you would almost think they looked like bullet holes.

Quote from: Ronald Farwell>[Perform as in depth inspection as possible to determine the extent of the jam, i.e. width of the vent, depth of the jam, position of the body, approximate weight of the body, extent of decay, possibility of it being an active zombie, etc.]

Roll = 9    Total=13
You examine the corpse jamming the works and are fairly certain it is not a zombie (although it has been so long since you have actually seen a zombie, you are uncertain.) It is not very far down, just seems to be caught on something.  You realize you could indeed easily remove it by tying rope around it and hauling it up.  You think the body will hold together while being hauled up as it does not appear very rotten.

Quote from: Jessie>Search for a good bow, and hopefully some arrows.

Roll = 4    Total=12
You find no leftover weapons lying about the corpse piles.  You realize you might have better luck at a sporting goods shop, an archery club, a school gymnasium, a Walmart, or somewhere there aren't a ton of burnt corpses.

Quote from: Rachael> Keep watch for anything or anyone else that might be moving about up here.

Roll = 3    Total=6
You attempt to keep watch for danger but are distracted by an old man screaming like a girl in a pile of bodies.  The scene makes you chuckle and you are unable to look away from the trainwreck.

Quote from: Nacht> Search enviroment for useful weapons/ammo for nerf gun

Roll = 4    Total=9
You find a bunch of corpses.  Like, a whole bunch of them.  None of them appear to be carrying NERF munitions.

Quote from: Round Report
SCENE:  Father Superbia falls into a pile of bodies, screaming and flailing wildly.  If there was anything on the roof with the party, it definitely heard that.  Jordan helps him out while making a discovery about the corpses.  Rachael finds the scene hilarious.  Ronald inspects the broken system and comes up with a solution to their dilemma, while the two newcomers wander about the corpse piles looking for loot.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents have stopped working.  55 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating.

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Eternal on September 28, 2014, 11:24:50 pm
"Oh God, oh God, oh God!" Father Superbia screams after falling onto the corpses. "Help! HELLLLLLP!"

The priest flails about wildly, panicked, until Jordan offers his hand to help him up. Superbia quickly takes his hand and is lifted out of the pile of corpses.

"By God's grace, I thought I was finished for. Thank you, Lord, for your divine mercy." Superbia looks over at Jordan. "Thank you, my son."

Superbia takes a deep breath and looks towards the pile he just climbed out of. "Phew... well, at least we know they're not among the living. Unliving. However you wish to look at it..." Superbia looks back at Jordan. "My child, do you have any thoughts on how these... things... died? They don't seem to be like the zombies I read about in other lore."

>Stand up and move quickly- but cautiously- next to Jordan.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on September 28, 2014, 11:49:44 pm
Jordan scrambles to pull Superbia out of the corpse, "I hope you aren't opening your mouth very much..." he warns, though the priests screaming would indicate that he was. While pulling Father Superbia from the corpse, Jordan gets an up close and personal look at the body, but what he finds isn't exactly what he expected. The preacher, seeing Jordan's worried look inquired as to what he knew.

Raising his voice so everyone could hear him Jordan shares this new-found information with the group, "Guys, I don't think that these bodies, er-, people, were ever zombies. They don't have any kind of marks that would indicate a bite or scratch from someone that was infected, but they do seem to have holes in them." then, thinking on it for a few moments Jordan added "They are all very much burnt, the roof is clearly scorched in some places, but there are no traces of a gunfight. Maybe some people thought they were zombies and shot, then set fire to them, then decided it was best to block the doorway, just in case they came back to life and tried to escape the rooftop... Or maybe they were thought to be diseased and were executed, then burned in some strange ceremony...".

Jordan continues his stream of thinking out loud, "But that doesn't exactly explain why someone would jam one of the bodies into the air vent. Maybe Father Superbia is right and there is a beast, could they have been trying to escape something?"

Jordan stoops down to pick up Father Superbia's lost items, then turns around, realizing he may have talked for a good minute or two there, get's a little nervous and stops, wanting to hear the others thoughts and interpretations on the matter.

>Collect Father Superbia's lost items (necklace and first aid kit) and return them to him.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on September 29, 2014, 12:05:11 am
addendum:  I probably should have made it more clear that the corpses were definitely burnt while on the roof. although damage to the roof itself is minimal, there are scorch marks around the crisper bodies.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on September 29, 2014, 01:04:09 am
OOC: I will adjust my post accordingly then :P
... which actually makes me think that they were burned for different reasons! agh, so much editing to do.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on September 29, 2014, 01:29:01 am
Seeing the priest fall into the body pile and fail madly about just pushes Rachael over the edge from her nervous state and sends her into a complete giggle-fit that ends with much effort to breathe normally and regain her composure. Errant snickers of laugher continue to punctuate her words, "I...ah...I'm sorry, Father. But...your face...when you fell..." While this seems to have relaxed her mood, she still seems about to buckle under another laughing fit.

> Try to get control over herself.

OOC: I thought I hit Post for this like almost 2 hours ago and somehow I didn't. Obviously this reaction comes before Jordan's examination.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 29, 2014, 01:31:27 am
Ron hears the older priest cry for help and his mind immediately switches gears. However, before he can even take a step, he notices Jordan already stooping to assist Superbia. The priest seems to calm quickly upon returning to a standing position.

"Better check him for bites and scratches just in case." He tells Jordan after the kid finishes his speculations on the origins of the corpse piles. "Not that I don't trust your theory or anything, I just don't want to take any chances." He returns his attention to the vent. "Did any of you guys happen to bring a rope? I'm fairly certain we can tug this bastard out." He glances over at the two newcomers. "The hell are you two doing lolly gagging around? We need rope and I'm going to need help pulling. Don't make me go Hartman on you maggots."

OOC: Awww... Va~an... I need that rope you kinda sorta offered earlier! I'm holding Ron's action 'till he gets it so he can tie a pretty bow strong military grade knot on the corpse. It's been like 12 whole hours! I wanna play! I wanna play! I wanna play! Don't make me beg with my sad puppy dog face...
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on September 29, 2014, 05:19:20 pm
OOC: I kinda want to see you sad puppy dawg face. But imma cooperate cuz you re to kawaii desu ne. Also Ron would totes look Moe

Nacht stops searching since it was useless as looking for a needle in a hay stack. Noticing the priest's fall made him feel worried, but then relieved because Superbia was ok, even after his previous rudeness, after all Nacht wasnt evil.

Hearing Ron's funny manner of talking called his attention out. "I'm not "Lollygagging", I'm looking for weapons, because a nerf gun isnt the most useful kind of gun when you only have nerf darts, i need some pellets, pills, pebbles, phalanges or anything that small or perhaps some physical weapon. But here, you can have it" he says, as he hands his rope to Ronald McDonald.

[Trade Item]Give Rope to Ronald.

Rachael's sudden beautiful laughter distracts Nacht and makes him blush as he never noticed how pretty she was.

>Tries to focus on the mission instead of focusing on Rachael
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 29, 2014, 08:04:28 pm
OOC: Sorry, Ron is not moe. This is moe. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQCuyAHGkUM) Ron is, or rather was, more like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SetQHsBATE) before he fell from grace and turned to drinking.

"Thanks, kid." Ron grunts as Nacht produces a length of rope and hands it to him. "Stick around a second, I'll be needin' your help soon." As he begins to secure the rope to the corpse he speaks to the young lady near by who seems to be struggling to maintain self control after her giggling fit. "Get a hold of yourself, girl. You've been doing a fine job so far standin' guard. Just hold it together for a little longer."

>[Tie a strong knot to secure the rope to the jammed body and if possible find the least abrasive point over which to draw the rope.]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on September 29, 2014, 11:24:17 pm
Jessie examines his newly obtained ventilation manual, quickly skimming the pages for important info. He decided he'd let someone else deal with it.
>Announce possession of manual and ask if anyone would like to use it.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on September 30, 2014, 01:26:23 am
ROUND 6 REPORT

Location: Roof (Top of compound)
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia, Jessie, Nacht
Distracted by Father Superbia's misfortune, some of the party takes time to regain their composure.  The rest of the party begins to enact their repairs to the ventilation system.  The logical first step would be to remove the corpse that is jamming everything up.

Quote from: Father Superbia>Stand up and move quickly- but cautiously- next to Jordan.

Roll = 8    Total=10
You regain yourself and hold on to Jordan for support, careful not to fall into any more corpse piles.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps>Collect Father Superbia's lost items (necklace and first aid kit) and return them to him.

Roll = 7    Total=15
You expertly extract the Father's belongings from the depths of the corpse pile as if you were retrieving something dropped inside a grand piano.  (+1 First Aid Kit, +1 Wooden Necklace.  Given to Superbia)

Quote from: Rachael> Try to get control over herself.

Roll = 7    Total=10
Your fit of laughter subsides and you return to your previous task of standing guard.  All of the commotion caused by the Father hasn't seemed to attract the attention from anything else on the roof.  Your group appears to be the only ones up here with functioning ears.

Quote from: Nacht>Tries to focus on the mission instead of focusing on Rachael

Roll = 10    Total=15
You become so focused on the mission it almost hurts your brain.  Every fiber of you being begins to want this mission to go successfully.  Rachael simply becomes another piece of the mission to you.  Your supremely intense focus bores a hole through space and time and everything becomes suddenly clear to you.

Quote from: Ronald>[Tie a strong knot to secure the rope to the jammed body and if possible find the least abrasive point over which to draw the rope.]

Roll = 9    Total=16
You tie an amazing knot around the corpse.  It looks like more of a harness than a knot by the time you are done.  That thing is hella secure.  You get the idea to place a loose piece of dirty clothing under the rope where it would be in contact with the metal while hauling the body up, preventing any abrasion to the rope.

Quote from: Jessie>Announce possession of manual and ask if anyone would like to use it.

Roll = 7    Total=11
You peruse your new-found manual but are unable to make heads or tails of it.  Giving up on trying to decipher its meaning, you alert the group to your possession of it.


Quote from: Round Report
SCENE:  The group regains composure after the mishap of one of its members.  They begin extracting a corpse from the vent system and Jessie announces that he has a manual for the system itself.  A rope is secured around the jammed corpse, but it still needs to be hauled out.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents have stopped working.  54 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating.

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on September 30, 2014, 03:30:19 am
Rachael gives Jessie a blank look for a moment at the generally-offered manual before shaking her head. "Pass. Mechanical things aren't exactly my area of expertise. I'll stick with what I know." As if to emphasize that thought, she shakes her trusty bat a bit.

> Remain vigilant.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on September 30, 2014, 05:14:38 am
"Alright, boys," Ron calls, "grab the line and let's get this God forsaken corpse out of the vent! We're gonna have to go slow though, we don't wanna rip the bastard in half and risk dropping the rest in deeper."

>[Grab rope and begin corpse extraction once other join in to help.]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on September 30, 2014, 10:21:48 am
Nacht makes a surprised face in the exact moment he figures out important stuff and his brain absorb everything like a sponge in a glass of water. "Interesting..."

He finds it necessary to perhaps tell it later and reaches over to Ronny's rope to help him extract the body as suffocation becomes closer and closer as time passes by. He thinks to himself: "As much this is valuable they need to be alive if they want to know it."

> [Help Ron extract the body from vents]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on September 30, 2014, 11:37:24 am
Jessie notices the others attempting to extract a body from the vents, and rushes over to help.
>Help extract the body from the vents.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Eternal on September 30, 2014, 12:03:56 pm
Superbia looks over at Jessie, "My child, perhaps I could make light of what's in that manual?" Father Superbia then looks over at the corpses. "Something is amiss about this entire ordeal. Jordan, will you continue to help me investigate?"

>Cautiously continue examining nearby corpses.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on September 30, 2014, 02:06:01 pm
Jessie looked at the father. "Sure, here." He said, his arm outreached, and gave the father the manual.
>Give Ventilation Manual to Father Superbia.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on September 30, 2014, 11:52:37 pm
ROUND 7 REPORT

Aside: I moved someone's roll to the end because it will make more sense.
Location: Roof (Top of compound)
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia, Jessie, Nacht
The group begins working as a team to accomplish the task at hand.  Each party member lending their strengths to work towards the same goal.

Quote from: Rachael> Remain vigilant. 

Roll = 7    Total=11
You remain alert and ready to warn the party of any impending doom.

Quote from: Nacht> [Help Ron extract the body from vents]

Roll = 4    Total=9
You aren't much help, but you do what you can.

Quote from: Jessie>Help extract the body from the vents.

Roll = 5    Total=7
You don't do much when pulling on the rope, but at least you don't get in the way.

Quote from: Father Superbia>Cautiously continue examining nearby corpses.

Roll = 2    Total=10 (i wish i was making this up, man)
You take note of all the bodies' position, decay, wounds and etc.  You agree with Jordan's assessment thusfar, but have nothing more to add nor alternative theories to provide.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps AI>Aid the father in his investigation, making sure he doesn't fall again.

Roll = 3    Total=11
You carefully watch over the Father to ensure he doesn't have another mishap (+1 to Superbia's next DEX check while on the roof).

Quote from: Ronald>[Grab rope and begin corpse extraction once other join in to help.]

Roll = 10    Total=14
You pull the rope so skillfully that the corpse is not only extracted but appears to undo the damage it did on the way in. When the body plops out of the system and lands safely off to the side, the machine begins to whirrr with life.

Quote from: Round Report
SCENE:  Under direction of master rope puller, Ronald.  The team extracts the body and undoes all damaged caused by it.   In a stroke of good luck, the machine starts running.  Hopefully, this has solved their air crisis back inside the compound.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents have stopped working.  53 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating??

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 01, 2014, 01:22:02 am
"Well, that was easy..." Ron says as the body comes loose and the device appears to resume its function. He stares at the open vent. "Hrm... it would be nice to clean this thing out a bit, otherwise it'll stink very much bad down there as whatever was scraped off and left behind." He looks at those near him. "Don't suppose one a' you boys happens to have a lighter? I don't smoke, 'cause those thing'll kill ya..." He pauses. After a moment his expression changes as if a brilliant idea has occured to him. Happily, he takes a large draft from his bottle of booze.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 01, 2014, 05:21:28 am
Nacht shakes his head in answer to Ron's question "I dont smoke."  and as he says that  he walks towards the many corpses, and announces loudly so everyone can hear "Guys, here's what I found out: The roof was used as an execution site.  The reason the door is battered isn't because something was trying to get in, but because people were trying to escape from the rooftop slaughter.  The corpses are at various stages of decay because they were executed at different times over a long period of time.  Some of the corpses were burnt to prevent them from turning "Z", but after a while the possibility of the corpses turning seemed minimal, so they were no longer burnt.
Concluding that speech, Nacht remembers his failure at looking for weapons or ammo so he looks at the corpses and says "Screw it, I dont want to die, I need this."

> [Get the phalanges off all the corpses to use as ammo for my nerf gun]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 01, 2014, 01:55:59 pm
Quote from: Vaan on October 01, 2014, 05:21:28 am
> [Get the phalanges off all the corpses to use as ammo for my nerf gun]


OOC: Ewww... >.<

"Huh... Pity..." Ron grumbles quietly when Nacht denies smoking. He listens to the kid's theory about the goings on here prior to their arrival and can't help but scoff a bit. Of course you know what happened, you were there...
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 01, 2014, 02:59:21 pm
Quote from: Ryqoshay on October 01, 2014, 01:55:59 pm
OOC: Ewww... >.<


OOC: It's totally necessary even if disgusting. Nacht is unarmed.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 01, 2014, 03:07:42 pm
Quote from: Vaan on October 01, 2014, 02:59:21 pm
OOC: It's totally necessary even if disgusting. Nacht is unarmed.


OOC: I'm sure there are a few spare Yggdrasil Planks to be had. Besides, the entire group isn't exactly armed to the teeth just yet anyway. We're only on Scene 1. Also, I can't speak for the rest of the group, i.e. Superbia, but I doubt Ron will take issue with Nacht's desecration of the bodies. He may or may not make a rude remark about it though.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 01, 2014, 06:49:24 pm
Quote from: Ryqoshay on October 01, 2014, 03:07:42 pm
OOC: I'm sure there are a few spare Yggdrasil Planks to be had. Besides, the entire group isn't exactly armed to the teeth just yet anyway. We're only on Scene 1.

OOC: Well yea, but really depends on Rufio's narrative. If he makes a L4D2 kind of scenario, there is a small preparation and the zambeenies will come right after, i feel that everyone but Jessie and Nacht are "prepared" since everyone has a plank, but rachael, she has a bat. I feel that the phalanges are a priority since we extracted the body and we might leave the roof, he might just grab a plank from the barricade on the way out.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Eternal on October 01, 2014, 08:25:57 pm
Father Superbia looks over at Nacht. "My son! Those these corpses are damned to oblivion, it's wrong to desecrate them so!" The Father proceeds to cross himself. "May God have mercy on our souls..."

The Father opens the manual out of sheer curiosity and begins to read it, hoping it may prove useful in the future.

>Read the manual.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 01, 2014, 08:28:46 pm
OOC: Nya ha! I suddenly have the urge to start calling Rufio the Director...

"Heh..." Ron cannot help but chuckle a bit. "If they're already damned, then it doesn't matter what we do to them. They ain't gettin' any more damned. Besides, the kid may be on to something, fighting undead with the dead. Lord knows fighting them with the living has beeen working out so very well for us thus far."

>[Contemplate various aspects of the situation, particularly how much longer the bottle of Jack Daniel's will last.]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 01, 2014, 09:16:52 pm
Quote from: Ryqoshay on October 01, 2014, 08:28:46 pm
OOC: Nya ha! I suddenly have the urge to start calling Rufio the Director...



OOC: I totally imagined rufio on a chair, with a speaker and a berret yelling cut when a herd of zombies surrounding us start dancing Thriller

"Thank you Ronald..." says Nacht, "...Superbia, as much as i feel its not right, I need this ammo as I am unarmed against Zombies. Besides they are going to rot anyway, let em be useful before they become dust."


OOC: I couldnt type that last sentence without singing to myself: "And another one gone, and another one gone, Another one bites the dust"
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on October 01, 2014, 09:45:41 pm
Jordan looks over at Nacht, a disgusted look on his face. "Th-That's... pretty gross..." he stammered, deciding that looking was not the best idea.
The ventilation machine had come to life, they're mission appeared to be complete. Ron stated his worries about the smell, Jordan thought that it would be best to leave right away to check if the ventilation was actually working... But he also didn't love the idea of waking up one morning to the stench of rotting flesh.
Jordan decided to let Ron go on with the cleaning.
"We should go back soon, this place is giving me the creeps. I'm sure there isn't anyone here who actually enjoys looking at these bodies."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on October 02, 2014, 12:26:23 am
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Jessie exclaimed as he witnessed Nacht's actions. "If it were up to me, you'd be the owner of those fingers!" Jessie scowled.
>Kill smack Nacht in the face.

OOC: Yeah, Jessie doesn't like that stuff.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on October 02, 2014, 12:58:24 am
Rachael stares in disbelief at Nacht for a moment before blurting out in horrfied disbelief, "Jesus Christ, what are you doing to them?!" Almost immediately after, a slight blush darkens her face as she looks to Father Superbia realizing what she said. "Oh, I, uh...I'm sorry, Father. It's just...he...ugh!" A disgusted grimace twists her features as she feels the bile rising in her throat and quickly turns away from the rest of the group.

> Try not to be violently ill
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 02, 2014, 01:57:14 pm
Ron raises an eyebrow at Rachel's outburst. "Well, at least you apologized." He mutters with a shrug. "I'm sure He'll forgive you this time, though you really should try to avoid blaspheme like that. Seeing how it's one a' the big ten and all, it's a good way to get on His bad side."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 03, 2014, 07:55:46 pm
OOC: So... i've been willing to make Nacht's reaction to the smack and to every1 being disgusted but i feel its better to see how much the smack hurts, or if it even lands. So... yea  :|
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on October 03, 2014, 11:42:45 pm
Quote from: Vaan on October 03, 2014, 07:55:46 pm
OOC: So... i've been willing to make Nacht's reaction to the smack and to every1 being disgusted but i feel its better to see how much the smack hurts, or if it even lands. So... yea  :|


OOC:Lol
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on October 04, 2014, 01:23:24 pm
While everyone continues to be disgusted at Nacht's actions, Jordan walks over to the doorway, eager to leave as soon as possible.
> Check hallway inside the mall leading to the roof for any movement or sound
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 09, 2014, 03:57:46 pm
OOC: Sure been a while
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on October 09, 2014, 05:31:17 pm
Quote from: Vaan on October 09, 2014, 03:57:46 pm
OOC: Sure been a while


OOC: I was hoping someone would say that for me.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 09, 2014, 07:42:49 pm
Quote from: TristanBeoulve on October 09, 2014, 05:31:17 pm
OOC: I was hoping someone would say that for me.

OOC: Rufio has been online, jusr not responsive, for whatever reason, and that sucks, not only for doubts in his hack but because of this rp aswell, i was really diggin it
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 10, 2014, 01:58:17 am
OOC: Poor little Ryqo-Ry may fall back asleep in the gra... Sorry, wrong RP...
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 11, 2014, 11:09:43 am
Quote from: Ryqoshay on October 10, 2014, 01:58:17 am
OOC: Poor little Ryqo-Ry may fall back asleep in the gra... Sorry, wrong RP...


OOC: Poor little Nacht may fall asleep on the corpses he is getting the phalanges from.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on October 12, 2014, 04:06:33 pm
Quote from: Vaan on October 11, 2014, 11:09:43 am
OOC: Poor little Nacht may fall asleep on the corpses he is getting the phalanges from.

OOC: >.<
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on October 16, 2014, 07:50:41 am
Sorry for disappearing for a while.  Here we go!

ROUND 8 REPORT

Location: Roof (Top of compound)
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia, Jessie, Nacht
The group successfully repairs the rooftop ventilation unit by removing the corpse jamming it up.  Before heading back, they decide to assess their situation.

Quote from: Nacht[Get the phalanges off all the corpses to use as ammo for my nerf gun]

Roll = 9    Total = 14
You wander from corpse to corpse, snapping off their fingers and placing them into a pouch around your neck like some sort of sick, twisted Davos.  (+20 corpse fingers)

Quote from: Father Superbia>Read the manual.

Roll = 5    Total = 13
You peruse the manual given to you by Jessie and discover a few things.  The rooftop unit you have just repaired is part of a hybrid system of open air and forced ventilation.  It is also just one of many units that are meant to be operational in order to properly ventilate a space as large as the mall.  You believe, however, that since the mall will never be at maximum occupancy again, one running unit should be enough to supply fresh air to your group of survivors.  In fact, you're pretty sure cracking a couple windows on the upper floors would be enough to supply your group with air.

Quote from: Ronald Farwell>[Contemplate various aspects of the situation, particularly how much longer the bottle of Jack Daniel's will last.]

Roll = 9    Total = 15
At the rate you currently drink your medication, you will be run out approximately 23 minutes after returning to your quarters from this mission.  Upon realizing this, you also get a gut feeling that something doesn't add up about this mission.

Quote from: Jessie> smack Nacht in the face

Roll = 2    Total=4
You go to smack Nacht in the face, but instictively give him a smack on the ass as if to say "good game".  This confuses Nacht, but confuses you even more.

Quote from: Rachael> Try not to be violently ill

Roll = 6
You manage to keep your lunch in your guts at the gruesome sight and sounds of stiff corpse fingers being snapped off one by one, but you have to look away when you notice puss oozing from the less dried out corpse hands as they are being desecrated.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps> Check hallway inside the mall leading to the roof for any movement or sound

Roll = 9    Total = 15
You check the way you came out to the roof to make sure it is still safe.  Your keenly trained ear picks up some voices coming from far below (probably the hallway to the stairwell).  You can't manage to hear what they are saying, but they are definitely saying words.


Quote from: Round Report
SCENE:  The group assesses the situation now that they seem to have repaired the ventilation system.  One of the newcomers begins mutilating the corpses on the roof and gathering fingers that would fit into his nerf gun.  Father Superbia figures out valuable information from the vent manual and Ronald realizes he's running low on hooch.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents have stopped working?  52 rounds remain until survivors start suffocating???

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on October 16, 2014, 02:12:54 pm
Quote from: Rufio on October 16, 2014, 07:50:41 am
Roll = 2    Total=4
You go to smack Nacht in the face, but instictively give him a smack on the ass as if to say "good game".  This confuses Nacht, but confuses you even more.

OOC: omfg
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 16, 2014, 02:42:54 pm
Quote from: TristanBeoulve on October 16, 2014, 02:12:54 pm
OOC: omfg

OOC: Indeed. Dont know how to respond to that.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 16, 2014, 02:59:17 pm
OOC: The game rises again! Zombie game! Kill it! Kill it! ^_^
And Rufio swiftly mends the damage Kokojo inflicted upon my battleship! Happy days!


Ron glances over at Superbia. "Hey, Preacher Man," he calls "learn anything interesting from that book of yours?" He emphasizes the word book. "Wanna check to see if this f*****' thing working correctly or just gonna fail again any second?"
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Eternal on October 16, 2014, 03:16:41 pm
Father Superbia looks over at the drunkard. "It seems as though this ventilation unit is one of many installed around the mall's structure... though it would also seem like all we really needed to do was crack open a window to let some air in." The Father shakes his head, disappointed. "Other than that, it would seem that our repairs will have to do, for now. By God's grace, let us pray that it does not fail us again. In the meantime, however..."

Father Superbia slowly approaches the others. "I think we should greet our unwelcomed guests down the stairs."

>Stay with the others, attempt to understand what the voices are saying.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 16, 2014, 03:47:51 pm
Guests? Is that what the uncertain feeling was? "God dammit..." Ron mumbles before taking another swig of Jack.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 16, 2014, 04:19:36 pm
Nacht while collecting finger is slapped on the butt, so he stands up and looks at Jesse for a brief moment with a "wtf" face, simply to walk away.

Although he hears the priest and the drunkard talk about unwanted guests, he walks up to the planks and attempts to grab one.

> [Go grab a Yggdrasil Plank while holding Finger Nerf Gun in case something appears]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on October 16, 2014, 05:49:31 pm
Rachael listens quietly to the group while her stomach settles, taking up a position by the roof access with her bat, getting ready to bash anything untoward that may emerge from below.

> Get ready to bop anything nasty coming up the stairs


Sorry for the brief posts but I'm really busy and I don't want the game held up on my account.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on October 16, 2014, 08:10:38 pm
The others seemed to have noticed the voices coming from inside as well, they all seemed ready to kill whatever came through that door, but Jordan was almost sure it couldn't be dangerous.

"Zombies can't talk, so it's just others from the mall, is there really any danger to going down and checking out what's going on there?" Jordan asked no one in particular, he just really wanted to get away from the pile of bodies.

"I mean, worst case scenario we stay up here too long and someone locks us out..."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 16, 2014, 08:42:59 pm
"No, worst case scenario," Ron interjects, "is whoever is coming up here is the group that killed all these people." He waves an arm out to indicate the piles of corpses. "I don't know 'bout the rest of you guys, but I didn't check every nook and cranny of this God forsaken hellhole when I got here. We may not be the only ones here."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on October 16, 2014, 09:55:02 pm
Jessie notices the others readying for a fight, and decides to join in.
>Hold plastic bow like a bat and get ready to face the intruders.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 17, 2014, 05:17:13 am
"Put that f*****' thing away, kid." Ron grumbles to the young man with the plastic bow as he walks over. "Get yourself something a bit more sturdy for Chris'sake." He points to the remaining planks before muttering something relatively unintelligible, though likely something negative concerning youth and undoubtedly containing several profanities.

>[Move to roof entry and prepare for encounter in such a way as to remain casual and unassuming in appearance.]

OOC: I may have missed it in my review of the thread, but I do not believe Jessie has introduced himself. As such I have not referred to him by name in my portion of the narrative.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 17, 2014, 08:29:22 am
OOC: I Believe its not necessary, he never calls anyone by the name as it appears.
Also yes, Jessie never said his name and because we can read it, everyone said fuck it and still called him by his name, while i only mentioned his name outside of the speech to describe the scene.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on October 17, 2014, 02:05:13 pm
Jessie noticed that the rest of the group hasn't called him by his name I suppose I'd better tell him, he thought. Addressing the group, he said "My name is Jessie"
>Stop using the bow as a weapon and grab a Yggdrasil plank.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 17, 2014, 03:51:21 pm
Ron raises an eyebrow at Jessie's untimely introduction before grunting and taking a long draft of whiskey.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on October 17, 2014, 08:44:18 pm
ROUND 9 REPORT

Location: Roof (Top of compound)
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jordan Kamps, Father Superbia, Jessie, Nacht
The party prepares to return after completing their task on the roof, but are worried by the scene they have witnessed there and the voices coming from below.

Quote from: Father Superbia>Stay with the others, attempt to understand what the voices are saying.

Roll = 8    Total=16
You hang out near the entrance to the roof and listen to the voices far below.  You can't hear much, but you manage to hear one of them say, "We'll find out soon enough, they should be back any moment."


Quote from: Nacht> [Go grab a Yggdrasil Plank while holding Finger Nerf Gun in case something appears]

Roll = 6    Total=11
You are unable to locate any of the mystical Yggdrasil Planks that the rest of the party found earlier, but you do find a pretty sturdy board with a nail in it.  And that is pretty cool.  (+1 Nail Bat)

Quote from: Rachael> Get ready to bop anything nasty coming up the stairs

Roll = 10    Total=16
You prepare yourself so well that you will now be able to reach through time to this moment and become just as prepared in the future. (+2 next 3 melee attacks)

Quote from: Jordan Kamps AI>Continue listening to determine who is talking in the corridor

Roll = 5    Total=11
You can't make out all the voices, but one is familiar.  You believe you recognize it as John Miller, the leader of your survivor group.

Quote from: Jessie>Hold plastic bow like a bat and get ready to face the intruders.

Roll = 7    Total=14
You prepare yourself to club anything that alarms you with your plastic bow.

Quote from: Ronald>[Move to roof entry and prepare for encounter in such a way as to remain casual and unassuming in appearance.]

Roll = 1    Total=8
You head to the rooftop entrance and are overcome by the urge to find more of your medicine.  You lose your patience and composure and slam your plank against the doorframe.  The sound echoes down the access stairwell.  (-2 to all dexterity, intelligence and cunning rolls until you have yourself a drink.)


Quote from: Round Report
SCENE:  The group prepares to face off against anyone coming from the stairwell.  Superbia catches part of a conversation from below and Jordan figures out who one of the voices belongs to.  Ronald, eager to return to his quarters for a night-cap, loses patience and alerts anyone in or near the access stairwell that they are ready for a fight.
  The voices stop their conversation and remain silent.  Nobody appears to be coming up the stairwell.   

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents are probably repaired.  A group of people that may or may not include John Miller wait at the bottom of the stairs the roof access.

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on October 17, 2014, 09:02:37 pm
Ron smacks his plank against the doorframe creating a loud banging noise that travels down through the stairwell. "Well, if it was the group of people that killed all these ones on the roof, then at least they know we're here now..." Jordan states, somewhat pointedly at Ron.
Jordan continues, "I hear John, I bet they're wondering what's taking so long and are coming to check up on us. Let's get going!"

> Slowly and cautiously go down the stairwell
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 17, 2014, 10:26:12 pm
OOC: I really shouldn't be laughing as hard as I am about a low roll like that... Give me a moment to recover so I can properly RP that...

OOC: Ok, I think I'm good now...


"Hey!" Ron shouts down the stairwell. "You not gettin' enough fresh air yet!? Well come on up and smell the corpses! It's f*****' corpse fiesta up here!"

>[Drain bottle of Jack. Keep empty bottle for makeshift weapon if need be.]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on October 18, 2014, 04:04:57 pm
"Jeez, old man! Not a big fan of the element of surprise, eh?" Rachael gestures a sideways nod towards Jordan, continuing on, "I hope you're right and it's the boss down there. He probably should see all of...this. I would also be more than happy to be done with this mess up here."

> Stand down from her ready-to-bop state. Rachael wants to leave the roof but not without the rest of the group she came up with.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 18, 2014, 11:29:30 pm
"Surprise?" Ron grunts. "There ain't no surprise. The bastard sent us up here for God's sake. He damn well knows we're up here."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Eternal on October 18, 2014, 11:40:13 pm
"My child!" Superbia yells at Jordan. "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!"

>Hand Jordan the flask of holy water.

"Are you sure you want to go on alone? There's no telling what danger Satan's acolytes have waiting for us below."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on October 19, 2014, 12:09:38 am
Jordan grabs the holy water from Superbia, unsure of it's actual effectiveness.

"I'm... pretty sure it's just John down there. Not Satan's acolytes. Plus..." Jordan clutches his stomach, "I really don't want to be up here for much longer."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 19, 2014, 01:01:37 am
Ron laughs heartily. "If he offers you an apple, beware..."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on October 19, 2014, 09:27:05 am
Quote from: ROUND REPORT : PARTY 1

Location: Roof (Top of compound)
Party: Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Father Superbia, Jessie
The majority of the party remains on the roof, fearing an ambush from the people that caused the massacre around them.

Quote from: Ronald>[Drain bottle of Jack. Keep empty bottle for makeshift weapon if need be.]

Roll = 4    Total = 11
You self-medicate and feel much better.  Nerves are calm and you don't feel the need to smash a certain self-righteous preachers face in.

Quote from: Rachael> Stand down from her ready-to-bop state. Rachael wants to leave the roof but not without the rest of the group she came up with.

Roll = 4    Total = 10
You ease your guard and wait patiently as only one of your 4 original team members decends the stairwell.

Quote from: Father Superbia>Hand Jordan the flask of holy water.

No Roll Required, but you made me laugh pretty hard, so bonus for that.
You hand over your flask of holy water and notice there is something else in that pocket that you never noticed before.  (+1 Mysterious Key)

Quote from: Jessie>Stop using the bow as a weapon and grab a Yggdrasil plank.

Roll = 4    Total = 8
You search the wreckage near the doorway for a better club.  You are unable to locate a wonderous plank of Yggdrasil, but find a long, rusty metal pipe instead.  (+1 rusty pipe)

Quote from: Party 1 summary
SCENE:  With the task at hand complete, some members remain on the roof, fearing demons at every turn.

TASK:  Investigate the ventilation system.

SITUATION(s):
- The vents are probably repaired.  A group of people that may or may not include John Miller wait at the bottom of the stairs the roof access.  1/3rd of the party has decended the stairwell to investigate.

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)



Quote from: ROUND REPORT : PARTY 2

Location: Access Stairwell Hallway
Party: Jordan Kamps,  Nacht
While most of the group remains on the roof, 2 brave members (or at least members trying to appear brave) decend the stairwell to confront the voices they had previously heard.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps> Slowly and cautiously go down the stairwell

Roll = 8    Total = 16
You expertly decend the stairs, careful not to slip on whatever substance coats the floors.

Quote from: Nacht Remote Play>Accompany Jordan down the stairs, holding the Nail Bat.

Roll = 8    Total=13
You follow Jordan, avoiding slipping or tripping over the broken barricade. 

Quote from: Party 2 summary
SCENE:  With the task at hand complete, 2 members of the party proceed down the stairwell to the inside of the mall compound.  When Jordan reaches the bottom he is greeted by John Miller and 4 armed men.
"Welcome back," said John, "It seems like you have fixed the problem.  The smoking room is clearing up already.  Where is the rest of your party?"
Just as John had finished asking his question, Nacht appeared in the doorway brandishing his nail bat.  The four armed guards immediately drew their weapons and pointed them at the newcomer.  John raised a hand to calm the guards.
"Don't remember seeing you around." John announced.  "Who are you and where did you come from?"

SITUATION(s):
- Nacht has four men pointing guns at him.  John Miller is demanding to know where this newcomer has come from.

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)


Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on October 19, 2014, 08:45:58 pm
OOC: This is what happens when you introduce yourself and don't let Rufio do it for you.
I'm going to hold off on anything until Vaan posts
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 19, 2014, 10:28:52 pm
Well that didn't last nearly as long as I thought... Ron stares at his now empty bottle and sighs. I'll bet I'll be hard pressed to find a new bottle around here.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 20, 2014, 05:32:40 pm
OOC: Yay im back from the dead.

Nacht notices the guns being pointed at him, putting his bat down, he starts to explain " I am Nacht, I came from the other side of the mall, when i heard some noise I entered here and joined this group as we, humans, live in groups, thats our nature isnt it? I recommend you not to kill me as we are in a race to suvive".

Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 20, 2014, 05:48:16 pm
"Well they ain't gettin' shot yet." Ron grumbles about the two young men who went before the rest. "It's probably safe to go down now... Besides, I need a f*****' beer and there ain't none up here that's for God damned sure."

>[Head down stairs to join Nacht and Jordan.]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on October 20, 2014, 06:20:42 pm
Jordan throws his hands up in fear of the guns, but after noticing they were pointed at Nacht, and after hearing Nacht's little speech he just put his head in his hands and groaned. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 20, 2014, 06:33:19 pm
"Im not a flesh eating zombie, thats the only reason i find to kill something right now, i hope he thinks the same" Nacht says while having his hands up.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 20, 2014, 07:31:24 pm
Quote from: Vaan on October 20, 2014, 06:33:19 pm
"Im not a flesh eating zombie,"


OOC: But you could be a flesh eating cannibal!
Kyaaa! Kill it! Kill it with fire! ^_^
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 20, 2014, 08:23:06 pm
OOC: Or am I? I didnt get the finger to eat you know. Its not like its a bag of doritos.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 20, 2014, 08:57:00 pm
OOC: So you don't see humans as finger lickin' good? Alright, I'll let ya off the hook this time... ^_^
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Eternal on October 21, 2014, 12:55:19 am
The Father sighs, "Satan's acolytes are -everywhere-, my child..." He looks towards the door. "That said, I suppose it'd be safe enough to head back to the others. May God have our thanks for bringing us through this perilous trial."

The Father suddenly feels something heavy in his pocket. "By God, a strange key has appeared in my pocket! This is truly a sign of the Lord's intervention on our trial. Praise be to God! His Light shines strong upon us!"

>Join the others in going down the stairs.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on October 21, 2014, 01:41:33 am
"Appeared in your pocket or you just forgot it was there, Father?" Rachael grins sardonically for a moment before carefully making her way down behind the others, recalling the nasty shit all over the place in the stairwell.

> Carefully descend the stairs behind Ron and Father Superbia

Quote from: NachtI entered here and joined this group as we, humans, live in groups, thats our nature isnt it?

This is the kind of thing that an alien trying to convince humans that he's human would say. This is how I now and forevermore will picture Nacht.
(http://ilarge.listal.com/image/1954531/936full-3rd-rock-from-the-sun-screenshot.jpg)
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 21, 2014, 01:42:33 am
"Yeah, He cetainly blessed us this fine day..." Ron says, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Now don't any of ya'll look back or He'll turn you into salt."

OOC: "I am not a crook zombie." - Nixon Nacht
I lied...
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 21, 2014, 04:32:27 am

If there were aliens among us in a zombie apocalypse idk who would have destroyed humanity first
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on October 21, 2014, 12:38:56 pm
OOC: Humanity would have, of course.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 21, 2014, 12:53:18 pm
OOC: Perhaps aliens, zombies and humanity would team up to kill humanity
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on October 21, 2014, 02:03:10 pm
OOC: The way I see it is that if aliens were involved, perhaps they were the cause of the epidemic in the first place. We humans could be simple guinea pigs in their eyes.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 21, 2014, 02:18:45 pm
OOC: Or perhaps aliens would have more advanced technology to cure it.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 21, 2014, 05:23:58 pm
OOC: Aliens and Zombies and Nachts, oh my!
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on October 21, 2014, 06:19:27 pm
Jordan keeps his face in his hands, appropriate for the weird response Nacht was giving in this life or death situation.
Pre-emptively, Jordan sidesteps away from Nacht so that when they shoot Nacht, he doesn't get covered in his brain goop.
"Well, mission successful anyway, John."

>Slowly make my way to John, giving the gunman somewhat of a wide berth.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on October 24, 2014, 05:55:00 am
Hey guys, sorry i haven't updated yet, been really busy with work and life in general.  Going away for the weekend, but I will post the round results when I get home.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on October 28, 2014, 01:55:00 am
The only person I rolled for this round was Nacht, because I didn't want Superbia to die falling down the stairs and snapping his neck. Even though Jessie never said he was following the group, I assumed that is what he would did, considering he never stated otherwise.

Quote from: ROUND REPORT

Location: Access Stairwell Hallway
Party: Jordan Kamps,  Nacht, Rachael, Ronald Farwell, Jessie, Father Superbia
Nacht tries to explain himself to the leader of the survivor colony and his armed guards.

Quote from: Nacht> Use explain.

Roll = 7    Total = 12
You try to convince the armed men that you are not a threat, and while they believe you are indeed not a zombie, your odd speach raises a few furrowed brows among them.

Quote from: Jordan Kamps>Slowly make my way to John, giving the gunman somewhat of a wide berth.

No Roll
You move up next to John, away from the direction the guns are pointing (Nacht's general vicinity).

Quote from: Everyone Else>Go down the stairs

No Roll
The rest of the party makes their way down the access stairwell.

Quote from: summary
SCENE:  The armed guards keep their guns trained on Nacht as he gives his speech.  Jordan makes his way over to John as the rest of the party comes down the stairwell.  As they step through the door, they are welcomed back by John and the guards are told to lower their weapons.
  When Jessie steps through the door the guards immediately raise their weapons again, yelliing "Stop right there!"
  "Well, we have another guest"  declares John.  "Friend of yours?"  he asks Nacht.  Before waiting for a reply, John turns to the guards and says "take the newcomers to quarantine for questioning.  I'll be there soon.  As for the rest of you, I'd like a full report on your mission."

SITUATION(s):
- Nacht and Jessie will be taken to quarantine for questioning.

Character Sheets (https://docs.zoho.com/file/grb6s96541d66aedc4727b735deda5c5c06c2)



Depending on your responses, I may be roleplaying John Miller between round reports.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 28, 2014, 02:35:00 am
"Aye aye, sir..." Ron quips with a horrifically sloppy salute. "Ready for debriefing, sir."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 28, 2014, 04:12:23 am
Quote from: Vaan on October 21, 2014, 12:53:18 pm
OOC: Augh shiet.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: TristanBeoulve on October 28, 2014, 06:49:50 pm
>Follow the guards and stay calm.

OOC: Sorry that I didn't write Jessie's reaction to the situation. I've lost inspiration for it due to current personal matters, but I don't want to slow anyone down. By the way, Rufio, you typed 'yelliing' instead of 'yelling'.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 28, 2014, 07:09:48 pm
Walking with the guards Nacht is frustrated by being taken away from the group, Nacht takes a deep breath and thinks "When I think zombies could be the worse thing what could happen right now."

>Follow the guards while being bored and frustrated.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on October 28, 2014, 07:49:28 pm
Jordan smiles, glad that their mission was both successful and almost uneventful. He hoped that the two being taken to quarantine would be fine, but he was sure that they would be, or at least the one who wasn't carrying a pouch full of fingers was. Jordan stifles laughter at the thought and imagines the guards reactions...
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on October 29, 2014, 01:20:21 am
John Miller:  "At ease, Ron.  Would any of you like to tell me where those two came from before I question them?"
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 29, 2014, 02:24:02 am
"Hell if I know where they came from." Ron says with a shrug. "They were up there when we got there. Maybe they got a thing for dead folk, I dunno, I ain't judgin' but he might." He jerks his chin in the direction of the nearby priest. "Anyway, I wouldn't ride 'em too hard, they may not be the brightest crayons in the box but they kinda sorta help us a bit. Hell, the green haired kid even had a rope we could use."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on October 29, 2014, 03:10:26 am
Rachael steps up closely to John, adding to Ron's commentary in barely more than a whisper, "I won't deny that he helped, but he also went around ripping the fingers off of dead bodies." She visibly shudders with disgust before continuing. "It almost felt like he was taking trophies. I really don't trust him one bit."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on October 29, 2014, 06:59:54 am
"Wait wait... dead folk?  Ripping fingers off of bodies?  Did you run into zombies on the roof?"  John asks, with a hint of worry in his voice.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Jumza on October 29, 2014, 01:08:01 pm
"Not zombies, but just... a pile of dead and charred bodies. It was horrifying. One had even been jammed into the ventilation system." Jordan stated. "We don't really have any idea of how any of it happened either.", twisting around a little bit Jordan surveyed the area, aware that they weren't back at the base camp yet.

>Monitor the area around the group for noise, movement, etc...
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Celdia on October 29, 2014, 02:37:33 pm
"Horrifying is a bit of an understatement. You should really go take a look up there for yourself, boss."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on October 29, 2014, 04:41:26 pm
".....That sounds horrifying indeed.  Look, I'm going to need all of you to keep this information a secret from the rest of the group.  What you have described might set some folks into a panic, and that is something we do not need." John replies.  "I'll get some people to barricade the door to the roof and I will figure out how to deal with this situation."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 29, 2014, 05:59:52 pm
"If you need help rebuilding the barricade, I guess I can do that." Ron says a bit begrudgingly. "I did help break the f*****' thing after all... Though I'm not sure how necessary it is, everything up there is dead. Dead dead, as in doornail dead, not dead-but-still-shambling-around-trying-to-make-more-dead dead." He shrugs. "God knows we made enough f*****' noise up there to tell the not-so-dead we were there. Been my experience that the bastards are not the type to just wait around quietly when a meal is nearby. Jack a**es are always moanin' and groanin'."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Rufio on October 29, 2014, 09:32:08 pm
John stares at Ronald for a bit until he realizes the former Chaplain has been drinking.  "No need for that, Ron.  I'll have it rebuilt later.  If what you say is true, we are in no danger of 'Z' coming down right now.  You all have done enough for the day.  But I need you all to promise not to let anyone know what you saw up there.  No need to put senseless worry into anyone."
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 30, 2014, 12:46:31 am
"Uh huh..." Ron grunts and begins to lift his bottle to his lips before remembering it is dry.

>[Cold read John Miller]
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 31, 2014, 05:05:33 pm
OOC: And several days of radio silence from a certain priest... well, you won't be hearing any complaints from Ron...
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on October 31, 2014, 05:17:45 pm
OOC: You made me imagine Superbia trying to talk but his brain is still processing with dial-up internet sound, and it fails to load then Tv static comes out of his mouth.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Eternal on October 31, 2014, 09:35:10 pm
OOC: Feel free to roll for me for the next few days. Busy busy! :)
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on October 31, 2014, 09:55:46 pm
OOC: Awuuu... Ron may not mind, but I was looking forward to some more banter. Ah well, c'est la vie. Take care of what you need to take care of.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Ryqoshay on November 06, 2014, 08:50:56 pm
OOC: Did rocks fall and eveyone die?
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Vaan on November 07, 2014, 03:05:58 am

OOC: Perhaps Zambeenies attacked everybody.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Lockeadon on October 05, 2016, 09:35:33 am
i was about to volunteer, but it looks like its over?
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Elric on October 05, 2016, 10:42:42 am
Dude. Are you freaking serious right now??? Of the three you posted in, this is the newest and even this hasn't been posted in in nearly 2 years, and you were about to volunteer?

I think you need to sit in a corner for a bit and reflect on what you've done...

And seriously, please use common sense from now on. Don't do this again, others have been banned for less. All you are doing right now is trolling, which we do not tolerate.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Lockeadon on October 05, 2016, 11:52:18 pm
actually, i didnt even know this forum existed. i spent all my time in the hacking sections and i didnt know what i was missing. sorry
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Elric on October 06, 2016, 12:13:00 am
So that makes you incapable of reading the date of the last post?

Huh, that's weird.
Title: Re: Survive! A Simple Zombie RPG.
Post by: Xifanie on October 06, 2016, 06:22:02 am
It seems he's colour-blind and couldn't see the big red warning saying that he was about to necrobump.

Man I'm sorry for you Lockeadon, which colour do you actually see so we can adjust the website for you?