• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 01:52:57 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

We Are Hope To Make Your Site More Security

Started by Dome, December 02, 2010, 07:37:58 am

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Where should I post these?  And what the fuck happened?

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

GeneralStrife

FFMaster

Dome

Guys, stop spamming about Arch here
This topic is about "We are hope to make your site more security"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I thought of this a few days ago, before all this happened, and now I have no where to put it.  The short version is: "Voldemort talks about God more than the theists, loves to hear the sound of his own voice (or see his own prose, considering we're a forum), does not listen, and cares more that others think the correct thoughts - his thoughts - than he does about the actual people."

It's not that he believes in his ideas - he doesn't have to - and it's not that he believes he is correct.  What annoys me is that he believes that he can persuade others to give up their beliefs.  And I'm not going back to the old reliable, people are irrational argument - I'm saying that Voldemort's rhetorical style is deeply, fundamentally, personally irritating, and, what's more, it demonstrates his complete ignorance and utter contempt for the intricacies of human nature.  There is more than one level to a person's beliefs.  What you believe in church is not always what you believe when you are alone.  So, attacking a person's beliefs head on with a brute-force/pure-logic argument won't work.  If anything, they will reinforce their beliefs just to piss you off.

(Examples abound.  Kosovo, a new Muslim-majority republic in the Balkans recently passed a ban on Islamic "modesty" head scarves.  On the surface, it's about keeping religion out of public affairs, but I suspect it's to ingratiate Kosovo's leaders with their European neighbors to speed their entry into the EU.  And it's producing the requisite religious protests among women who probably weren't that observant to begin with.  Mild oppression of religion reinforces religion.)

If you really care for others - and don't care that they believe the correct beliefs - then you'll find a way to work withing their system.

Another example.  A doctor - I think it was Dr. Johnson, some hotshot headshrinker from back in the day, or something - once counseled a man who believed he was Jesus.  All of Heyzeus' previous headshrinkers tried to prove to him that he wasn't Our Lord and Saviour, but not Dr. Johnson.  The first thing Dr. Johnson said to Heyzeus after hearing His proclamation was, "So I understand you're a carpenter..."  The good Doctor had The Son work on various carpentry projects until his convictions faded enough that he could rejoin society, and with a valuable new set of skills, one assumes.

Persuade, don't argue.  Leave the arguing for well-intentioned and thick-headed relatives.  There's no point in breaking down the front gate when the back door isn't locked.

Also, How do you center text boxes in paint or graphics gale?  How do you make the white space in text boxes transparent?  What font do you use, and how do you make it white?

Kaijyuu

TBH I've got nothing against Arch's rhetoric, just his attitude. One wonders if he fully realizes he's talking to real people on the internet. I hope he does not act so brash in real life as well.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dokurider

Quote from: "Pickle Girl Fanboy"Also, How do you center text boxes in paint or graphics gale?  How do you make the white space in text boxes transparent?  What font do you use, and how do you make it white?

I wouldn't know. I use GIMP.

Dome

FFMaster

It's kind of funny. He deleted a comment on his youtube profile correcting that Zodiac made the tournament hack, and it wasn't his idea at all. Fucking retard. Also, your thread has been hijacked.

Dome

Seems that we have the first official FFH meme...

Shade

Upupupu...

Zetsubou

FFMaster

This meme spamming is pretty fun. Try it out guys

For people who can't open it the other blank one. This one is 24bit, and can be opened in Paint.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj17 ... rchael.png