• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:34:38 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Fill the gap

Started by Dome, July 15, 2012, 12:17:53 pm

Neophyte Ronin

That stupid example almost sounds doable.

Zalbag reports, wincing in that Dycedarg is less concerned about Teta's death (Zalbag wanted Algus, thought to be a crack marksman, to nail Levine in the head, over her shoulder, but Algus took advantage of his position to spite Delita) and more that the body of Wiglaf was never recovered.  He winces more when the former head of Touten Knights (Knights of the East Sky, or Knights Vulturnus--a fitting moniker, coming from Gafgarion) arrives and bows to his brother.  He is put off by both men and is pleased when he takes his leave.  Dycedarg secretly requests that Gafgarion hunt down Ramza for turning against the North Sky.

Having lost his friends and betrayed the company his brothers are running aground, Ramza looks over the cliffs and contemplates suicide at the rocky bluffs of Fovoham Plains.  Then he sees the illusion of a beautiful woman, say a Dancer or maybe Reis, when they teleport and turn into Pisco Demons and Mind Flayers, or that other kinds of monsters simply appear.  This is where Gafgarion and his squire Rad show up to equalize the playing field.

Having saved the day, Rad (if a Red Mage) introduces himself and Gafgarion, who hates to rescue people if no money is involved.  Ramza introduces himself and Gafgarion lightens up.  When he discovers Ramza is depressed over what happened, he offers (with uncharacteristic sympathy) a position in his dispatch agency, to get himself back on his feet.  Ramza accepts after Gafgarion and Rad promise not to reveal his name to others.  Going an extra step further; he settles on his mother's maiden name, which is nowhere near as prominent as her husband's.  Ramza has no clue that Gafgarion already knows who he is, while Rad is unaware that he does; the two kids seem to hit it off.

If it was confined to a patch that did Plus and just this, that would be cool.

Dome

July 17, 2012, 12:29:15 pm #21 Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:36:44 pm by Dome
Just tossing some random events that (as far as I remember) are never shown and in which way they could be played

- How Elmdor was captured (You can play as the thieves)
- Zalbag fight after he leaves fort Zeakden (You use Zalbag against the enemies & Wiegraf)
- Gap between CH1 and 2
- How Elmdor & Wiegraf joined the Zodiacs (You play as Elmdor and Wiegraf)
- How Delita becomes a holy knight (Play as Delita)
- Something about Elidibs and how he got his stone (Using Elidibs would be cool)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

The Damned

(Damn it. It had meant to respond to this as soon as I saw it.)

Er, I'd personally just stick to the "gap" between Ch. 1 and Ch. 2 and fleshing that out to your desires rather than trying to explain literally everything that we don't see on-screen with regards to the main story.

Or are you just planning to fill that gap with that one fight?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

I have no serious plans in mind at the moment, I just wanted to share this idea with the forum XD

Kagebunji

I like a patch that would show all about characters like Wiegraf, Delita etc. It could be really interesting. Though in WoTL, it is explained how Wiegraf joined the church, there is an event about it after Golgorand IIRC. Overall, I like this idea.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Neophyte Ronin

The event happened after the fight at the gallows?  I figured Boco, as Wiglaf's prior steed, was used to bait goblins into blockading Agrias' pursuit of Ovelia, that he had been recruited into the Templar's fold already.   Then again, I subscribe to the original Tactics and not the reissue.  The sight of Wiglaf again at Orbonne is pretty much a surprise in the original game.

Anyway, I was inspired to plot out an event-by-event sketch of Delita's entry into the Blackram fold, his capture of Ovelia, and the battle at Zirekile where he sees Ramza again.  I'm of the group who think Delita was made a double agent of the church after he had already met the Baron of Blackram and learned well enough of goings-on to take advantage of everything.

In a delicious fanon bit, the Baron grooms this survivor of the snowy wastes of Zeakden into something of a "Manchurian Candidate".  I leave it open as to whether or not he perished in battle with the Evil Eye, but he alludes to switching out the bodies, so his body is never truly recovered.

Smitson

- How Elmdor was captured (You can play as the thieves)
- Zalbag fight after he leaves fort Zeakden (You use Zalbag against the enemies & Wiegraf)
- Gap between CH1 and 2
- How Elmdor & Wiegraf joined the Zodiacs (You play as Elmdor and Wiegraf)
- How Delita becomes a holy knight (Play as Delita)
- Something about Elidibs and how he got his stone (Using Elidibs would be cool)
[/quote]

This is already getting bigger and bigger... it'll turn into a full blown patch and you know it ;).

The Damned

(Ugh. So behind....)

This turning into a full blown patch within Plus is kinda why I suggested Dome try to stick with just "Chapter 1.5", especially since it's not like he has an infinite amount of event space.

Quote from: Kagebunji on July 20, 2012, 08:07:04 am
I like a patch that would show all about characters like Wiegraf, Delita etc. It could be really interesting. Though in WoTL, it is explained how Wiegraf joined the church, there is an event about it after Golgorand IIRC. Overall, I like this idea.

Hunh. Really? That's interesting.

I really need to do (event) research into War of the Lions considering I've yet to play and I've been really lazy about events in general thus far....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

I doubt I'll implement so much stuff in Plus, this would probably work better as a patch on it's own

Jon

Sorry for backtracking but I just saw this and got interested instantly. Quote from Dome at the start of this topic:

QuoteWhat would you guys think about a small patch that shows what happens between chapter 1-2?
What happens after Ramza survives the explosion and how he meets Rad & Gaffy?
No big edits to the jobs/Skills, just some pre-set fight and some event
Maybe it could be played from another character's perspective, like Gaffy or Rad...

Would you like to see/play it?
Y/N

A few random rambles on this from me:

- Make it one or at absolute tops two chapters long (if you even have "chapters")
- Try to stay as true to FFT as possible, don't throw in a bunch of random new special characters that make no sense and don't add depth to the original story, in fact don't add new special characters at all except enemies
- How in the hell did 3 mercenaries get into the Royal Guard for Princess Ovelia? Answer this question please and why they would even bother
- Use unused maps if you wanna spice stuff up like the unused Warjilis Trade City map, etc
- If you write a script for this, post it, let people see it and correct spelling or plot mistakes, etc, I think a lot more people would get interested in this (have polls for everything and don't make snap decisions just because something sounds "cool", it probably might make no sense and people should vote imho)
- Don't name it "Fill the Gap"

This sounds like a solid patch idea, I think it should still be seen from Ramza's perspective but that's just me. If you need a bug hunter and tester, I'll volunteer, hell my job irl is QA. Good luck with this! :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!