• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 01:40:39 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Razele's ASM Hacks

Started by Razele, January 01, 2009, 02:08:08 pm

SentinalBlade

March 06, 2009, 10:17:22 am #640 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I think leveling up is fine.... id rather have that problem than have the battle start with those

As if you start with them, you still have a chance ot crystalize, and that kind of voids half of the support ability's intended use.

The main thing i would use it for is getting rid of the first death's "oh crap i gotta win the battle or i lose a unit". The buffs help alot, but getting a second chance with the unit is by far the most appealing part of it. cause you can still win withought haste and the like. you cant win if ramza dies quickly and your fighting in DD

Honestly with that point made, as long as the unit gets a second chance at life, the buffs being removed at level up is fine with me.

Asmo X

March 06, 2009, 10:20:36 am #641 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Support skill: Immune to Crystal/Treasure.

Dokurider

March 06, 2009, 01:18:47 pm #642 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
You think it would be a good idea if swords lowered PA growth?

Hopefully, Roll will make it in.

Archael

March 06, 2009, 01:27:19 pm #643 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
why would swords need to lower PA growth?

Razele

March 06, 2009, 01:32:27 pm #644 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteI think leveling up is fine.... id rather have that problem than have the battle start with those

As if you start with them, you still have a chance ot crystalize, and that kind of voids half of the support ability's intended use.

The main thing i would use it for is getting rid of the first death's "oh crap i gotta win the battle or i lose a unit". The buffs help alot, but getting a second chance with the unit is by far the most appealing part of it. cause you can still win withought haste and the like. you cant win if ramza dies quickly and your fighting in DD

Honestly with that point made, as long as the unit gets a second chance at life, the buffs being removed at level up is fine with me.
Leveling up removes 'fake' Always:Undead, which means you can remove that Undead status.

QuoteSupport skill: Immune to Crystal/Treasure.
Enemies already have this "ability" with immortal flag, and same problem with Undead support ability, leveling up removes 'fake' Always:status or Cancel:status

QuoteYou think it would be a good idea if swords lowered PA growth?

Hopefully, Roll will make it in.
Not really necessary, most class can equip Sword, that means free PA increase for them. It will be merged with accessories.

Dokurider

March 06, 2009, 01:39:49 pm #645 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Quote from: "Voldemort"why would swords need to lower PA growth?

I guess not.

LastingDawn

March 06, 2009, 04:01:47 pm #646 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Now Axes! there's something that should increase PA growth.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

LastingDawn

March 07, 2009, 02:20:32 pm #647 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Razele, if I may make another request? I have a class that at any time will have only 11-15 MP, but each of their spells only cost 1 MP, now the Obvious porblem with this is MP Breaking, is it possible to make a status or support ability (innate of course) which stops MP Breaking?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

March 07, 2009, 04:12:47 pm #648 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Razele, if I may make another request? I have a class that at any time will have only 11-15 MP, but each of their spells only cost 1 MP, now the Obvious porblem with this is MP Breaking, is it possible to make a status or support ability (innate of course) which stops MP Breaking?

Custom Maintenance ?

Dokurider

March 07, 2009, 05:20:45 pm #649 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
I don't know if someone already suggested this, but how about a support that makes spells and abilities ignore ally/caster panels?

Xifanie

March 07, 2009, 09:04:48 pm #650 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
oh hi, I seriously don't know if you can help me here.

You see I enabled generics as guests. But if you use "Load Formation" with when there is already a unit with the same "Sprite Set" it will simply copy all that unit. This side effect is completely independent from the Unit ID.

That means currently I can only use one Generic Male, one Generic Female, and one Generic Monster guests per battle...
I want to break this but I'm unsure how.
Of course in last resort I can make a special unit instead of a generic. It's just that I want Ramza + 2 Generic Males + 1 Generic Female.

SCUS
0x0004A3D0
8300422C
Allow generics to join as guests.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

SilvasRuin

March 07, 2009, 10:58:36 pm #651 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
In combination with Zodiac's Fury hack, I believe hacking the option to give Bravery/Fury and Faith costs to abilities (in addition to MP) would assist in making battles far more dynamic and interesting.  It's not really necessary, but hacking the appearances of Faith to be replaced with Favor would also make more sense for this change as Fury made more sense than Bravery for that hack.

On a more selfish note (if you set priorities for requests, I would not be adverse to this being on the lowest), I would like for the Sword Spirit and/or Draw Out skillset to be increased to a total of 17 abilities.  For the weapons, eating Cloth and Bags would be ideal, but only if Bags can have the "only females can equip" and "all females can equip" attributes removed.  If not, then Flails can serve the purpose.  Additionally, if using FFTPatcher to switch the formulas can't remove the chance of breaking the item, then a hack to remove or change the chance would be much appreciated.  A concept I have in mind (that is somewhat similar to the Esperblades in its purpose) would require these changes to work...

Razele

March 08, 2009, 03:49:47 am #652 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
40% HP recovery from Bloodfeud seems too small.

At Level 50, Knight has ~500 HP with Armor and 13 PA.
With Rune Blade (14 WP), 13 * 14 * 0.4 = 72.8 HP recovery / attack,
only slightly better than Regen (62.5 HP / turn) or Move-HP Up (50 HP / movement)
and you have to attack to receives the regen bonus.

What about this :

Support Ability : Vampire
Always: Undead, Transparent, Float, Haste, Shell, Protect, Regen
Everytime this unit attacks with a physical strike, he recovers 100% of the damage dealt

QuoteRazele, if I may make another request? I have a class that at any time will have only 11-15 MP, but each of their spells only cost 1 MP, now the Obvious porblem with this is MP Breaking, is it possible to make a status or support ability (innate of course) which stops MP Breaking?
I'll merge this with the class, or create a support ability to block -PA -MA -Br -MP
Merging it with Maintenance would give Boss too much advantage

QuoteI don't know if someone already suggested this, but how about a support that makes spells and abilities ignore ally/caster panels?
Since this support abilities would be global, this support skill would make Truth / Untruth skill really powerful.

QuoteIn combination with Zodiac's Fury hack, I believe hacking the option to give Bravery/Fury and Faith costs to abilities (in addition to MP) would assist in making battles far more dynamic and interesting. It's not really necessary, but hacking the appearances of Faith to be replaced with Favor would also make more sense for this change as Fury made more sense than Bravery for that hack.
Brave cost for abilities ? There's no way to increase Brave / Faith in 1.3 and other patch.
Giving people the ability to alter Brave / Faith will only result in 97 Brave and 03 Faith.

QuoteOn a more selfish note (if you set priorities for requests, I would not be adverse to this being on the lowest), I would like for the Sword Spirit and/or Draw Out skillset to be increased to a total of 17 abilities
Every skill sets has 16 action abilities, after those 16 is the space for Reaction / Support / Movement.
There's no empty space to put additional action abilities.

QuoteAdditionally, if using FFTPatcher to switch the formulas can't remove the chance of breaking the item, then a hack to remove or change the chance would be much appreciated
I already post Katana's chance to break and its offset in the first post.
Actually, balancing skillset by using chance to break is a bad idea.
Player and AI can use that abilities without limit (see Draw Out).
If your Katana is broken just buy or duplicate it again.
MP cost is the correct way to balance abilities.

Quoteoh hi, I seriously don't know if you can help me here.

You see I enabled generics as guests. But if you use "Load Formation" with when there is already a unit with the same "Sprite Set" it will simply copy all that unit. This side effect is completely independent from the Unit ID.

That means currently I can only use one Generic Male, one Generic Female, and one Generic Monster guests per battle...
I want to break this but I'm unsure how.
Of course in last resort I can make a special unit instead of a generic. It's just that I want Ramza + 2 Generic Males + 1 Generic Female.
The "easiest" way would be to use UnitID (in battle) and link them with roster number (instead of Sprite Set / Base class modifier)
This way, Guest with Unit ID 16 in battle will load Guest number 17 in formation screen.

From FFT GS Handbook :

menu screen codes

Listed in order of memory address.

In the codes, the digits 'xx' and 'yy', where they occur, determine which
character on your roster the code will affect.  Here are the value lists for
'xx' and 'yy':

xx =    7F for Ramza (1)  80 for the character with index number of 2
        81 for char. 3    82 for char. 4    83 for char. 5    84 for char. 6
        85 for char. 7    86 for char. 8    87 for char. 9    88 for char. 10
        89 for char. 11   8A for char. 12   8B for char. 13   8C for char. 14
        8D for char. 15   8E for char. 16.

yy =    80 for Ramza (1)  81 for the character with index number of 2
        82 for char. 3    83 for char. 4    84 for char. 5    85 for char. 6
        86 for char. 7    87 for char. 8    88 for char. 9    89 for char. 10
        8A for char. 11   8B for char. 12   8C for char. 13   8D for char. 14
        8E for char. 15   8F for char. 16.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Codes are numbered sequentially for now, but if I add one in later I'm not
going to renumber them all; I will just stick the next available number in
where available.

The bracketed number indicates the number of bits that the relevant piece
of game data occupies.  One byte = 2 hex digits = 8 bits (*b*inary dig*it*s).

Ready, get set....

CODE
 NO.  INPUT CODE        LENGTH EFFECT

1   3005xx74 00??        [8] Base class modifier.  See Part 6.

2   3005xx75 00??        [8] Roster number.  unit number = value + 1.
                               Makes things glitchy if you change it.

3   3005xx76 00??        [8] Current job modifier.  See Part 6.

SilvasRuin

March 08, 2009, 05:02:32 am #653 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Whoops on two counts.  I didn't check the maximum number of abilities... I counted the abilities that had the appearance I was looking for.  Also I'm sure I read the break chance before but simply forgot about it.  Sorry for both.  I believe there are only ten Draw Out skills though, and boosting the amount of them are really want I'm after.  I want unique weapons with corresponding skills that can't be used if the weapon is currently equipped, and Draw Out is ideal for this.  The problem is that there's only ten abilities.  I would like to request it be increased to 16 abilities, and eating Cloths and Harps is likely the best way to go.

I suppose I should explain my other request.  What I have in mind is making it so that it takes a change that is simply unobtainable to make a permanent difference in bravery and Faith, and setting it up so that everyone has 50 in both.  With the Fury hack (and maybe some tweaks), higher Fury would boost damage and reaction abilities would probably be better off having a higher chance of occuring with lower Fury (greater presence of mind).  Combined with making more abilities have Fury raising or lowering effects, and it becomes more difficult to maintain someone at the level you want them to be at.  The idea then is to make Faith similar.  As Mages blow up stuff with their spells, it lowers and their power would wane.  Inverting the formula on the target's side and changing what it is called to Favor then has a similar effect to Fury (and of course the formula would have to be made where no one is immune).  Mages would burn through it for their spells while getting less powerful and more vulnerable, so they would need to resort to abilities to raise it instead of attacking/healing occasionally.
Basically when it is all combined, the idea is to add another form of in-battle resource management.  The values become dynamic and it becomes more difficult to get the right values that the player wants.  It would add a whole new level of battle strategy, IMO.

The first one is the one I'm really interested in, but that is a more selfish desire for my own purposes.  The second is a thought experiment that has intrigued me, and I believe others might find it very fun.  I have no real plans to do anything with the idea at this time, and it would take work to make a patch that truly utilizes it, but I'm convinced someone would wind up liking it and doing it.

I'm not trying to make any insistances, but rather to clear up what I meant as I didn't explain myself very well in my earlier post.  On second thought though... I'm dropping the Favor request entirely.  I don't think I really realized all the changes that would need to come with it to really make it into something worthwhile until I made that wall of text.

Razele

March 08, 2009, 11:23:54 am #654 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
Quote[Old Concentrate] - 400 JP, Archer
Targets cannot evade your physical attacks via their evasion percentages
(P.CEV, P.SEV, P.AEV, W-EV).  Note that this does not guarantee 100% success
on attacks such as BATTLE SKILL, since these attacks can still MISS.  Targets
may also still evade using the 'Blade Grasp' and 'Arrow Guard' abilities.
Concentrate has no effect on magic evasion.

I would like to hear opinion regarding Concentrate.
Should Concentrate get reworked or not ?
New Concentrate : Increases base hit rate to X%

Note:
Normal base hit rate = 100%
Max base hit rate = 255%
Abnormal status (Darkness, etc) = Current base hit / 2

Chart A: Full Evasion, with Weapon Guard
Chart B: No Weapon Guard
Chart C: No Weapon Guard and Mantle
Chart D: No Weapon Guard and Shield

QuoteI would like to request it be increased to 16 abilities, and eating Cloths and Harps is likely the best way to go
I don't know if it's possible. Last time I tried to use another item for Draw Out, it doesn't work.
Just use another blank skillset for Samurai, then you can put 16 sword skills ability in it.

Xifanie

March 08, 2009, 11:36:19 am #655 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Doesn't change a damn thing... Yes you can load specific Unit IDs from the roster this way but it still duplicates another unit if anything else with the same "Sprite Set" was loaded.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Razele

March 08, 2009, 12:09:45 pm #656 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteDoesn't change a damn thing... Yes you can load specific Unit IDs from the roster this way but it still duplicates another unit if anything else with the same "Sprite Set" was loaded.

Well, I haven't checked the real code myself.
But logically, if "Load Formation" is checked and the game found sprite set 80 in Unit 16,
if you increment the pointer by "two" (according to UnitID) you get unit 18.

Formation Screen :
Unit 0 - 01 Ramza
Unit 1 - 02 Ramza
Unit 2 - 03 Ramza
Unit 3 - 04 Ramza
Unit 4 - 05 Ramza
Unit 5 - 06 Ramza
Unit 6 - 07 Ramza
Unit 7 - 08 Ramza
Unit 8 - 09 Ramza
Unit 9 - 10 Ramza
Unit 10 - 11 Ramza
Unit 11 - 12 Ramza
Unit 12 - 13 Ramza
Unit 13 - 14 Ramza
Unit 14 - 15 Ramza
Unit 15 - 16 Ramza

Unit 16 - Guest 16 - 80 Male Generic Squire
Unit 17 - Guest 17 - 80 Male Generic Chemist
Unit 18 - Guest 18 - 80 Male Generic Knight
Unit 19 - Guest 19 - 80 Male Generic Monk

Battles
Sprite Set 80 UnitID 16 "Load Formation"
Sprite Set 80 UnitID 17 "Load Formation"
Sprite Set 80 UnitID 18 "Load Formation"
Sprite Set 80 UnitID 19 "Load Formation"

SilvasRuin

March 08, 2009, 01:23:32 pm #657 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Ah, well, thanks.  I'll make do with ten abilities then.  I was worried that was the case.

As for the Concentrate question, I personally favor 200% Base Hit Rate most.  Somewhere between 200% and 255% is where I believe the sweet spot is for great accuracy without nullifying the usefulness of evasion setups.  Of course Abandon (I think that was the name) probably makes things a whole lot messier...

VincentCraven

March 08, 2009, 02:02:42 pm #658 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
2x accuracy for Concentrate works well.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

SentinalBlade

March 08, 2009, 03:26:16 pm #659 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
200%, It will see less abuse but still be deadly.