• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:50:41 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Otabo

Dokurider

Once again, I lose to my greatest enemy, the Gun. That and my archer moved up to the frontline and was slaughtered, when he was supposed to stay in the back. I'll just bolt his ass down then and make some adjustments to my Tactical Crosser.

Barren

Thanks Otabo for the video! Could use all the help I can get :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

Ninjas never got in range & my team grouped up to get nuke by that Wizard.
  • Modding version: PSX

reinoe

October 12, 2012, 11:21:53 pm #1664 Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 03:02:31 am by reinoe
Quote from: Otabo on October 11, 2012, 11:07:06 pm
Here's a gauntlet match for CT5Holy.
FFT Arena 1.38d - CT5Holy (Ele Break)

I now have 2 wins and 899659569 Loses.
Progress!!!

Things seemed grim from the outset when my stupid samurai separated herself from the group and then got killed.  She redeemed herself barely.  But for some reason she didn't use Kiku when I thought she could have.  It's good to see she was spamming Quickening.

I don't think "Disruptor" launched a single attack even though he's supposed to be an attacking unit.  Which is expected considering everyone was getting attacked from 6 panels away.

Itembot was boring but dependable.  The only unit that actually acted the way I specifically intended.

At first I thought I was just really lucky with the charms but then it all balanced out because TROLL BAIT dodged only one attack despite all that evasion.  He's the other unit that acted specifically in a way that I intended.

I realized that Pilgrimmage isn't working for CT5HOLY.  The mediator and archer would be doing even more damage if it was working.
My dreams can come true!

Dokurider

Damn that fool Chancellor! But as bad as he was, DxF's paladin was total dead weight.

Malroth

Thus the fate of all units 1 speed faster than average on small maps

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

The Damned

(Belated thanks to Otabo. Continued thanks to Barren.)

Well, my team got its ass kicked, though I expected that happen against guns even before they had CT5Holy backing them. Oh well. I checked the latest patch just to ensure that Berserk indeed--theoretically--is enabled to allow reactions now, which it is. So I suppose I just got "unlucky"--as always--with no reactions going off (and that Charm hitting), not that I probably would have won otherwise.

*shrugs*

Oh well.

Quote from: Dokurider on October 12, 2012, 02:28:35 am
*Gun-bane*

...Doesn't Projectile Guard not work on spellguns still? Or was that part of its overall change?

Quote from: reinoe on October 12, 2012, 11:21:53 pm
I now have 2 wins and 899659569 Loses.
Progress!!!

Progress indeed. No need to all that modest about either considering you beat CT5Holy and usually curbstomps almost everyone else with rather predictable regularity. So congrats to the both of you.

Quote from: reinoe on October 12, 2012, 11:21:53 pm
I realized that Pilgrimmage [sic] isn't working for CT5HOLY.  The mediator and archer would be doing even more damage if it was working.

Is that so? Did you realize this by checking the Faith aspect when the units turns came up? Or were you just looking for the Faith increments to come up after the move?

I ask because if it's the latter, then you should know that both Warpath and Pilgrimage currently have no visual cue. If it's the former, then it's something that FFMaster should be made aware of rather immediately. ALREADY Edit: It would seem that this was already pointed out in the Balancing thread. Apologies.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on October 15, 2012, 09:04:06 pm
FFT Arena 1.38d - DarkxFatal (Four Fangs) vs reinoe (Short Circuit)

Well I'm certainly shocked by those results.  When I saw that none of Dark X's team was using elemental magic I thought I was doomed.  My fears were confirmed when the Priests charged forward and the Geomancers fell back.  Completely and totally shocked by the results of the first match.  The second match was pretty much the same.  Tanks fell back, squishy spellcasters charged forward.
My dreams can come true!

reinoe

Quote from: The Damned on October 15, 2012, 10:50:32 pm

I ask because if it's the latter, then you should know that both Warpath and Pilgrimage currently have no visual cue. If it's the former, then it's something that FFMaster should be made aware of rather immediately.

No I was just looking for visual cues.   As several people pointed out to me, careful observation would have shown me that the magic gun damage was slowly increasing.  Also by pausing on the unit's during the videos I can see that their faith is indeed increasing.
My dreams can come true!

Malroth

Quote from: reinoe on October 15, 2012, 10:53:20 pm

Well I'm certainly shocked by those results.  When I saw that none of Dark X's team was using elemental magic I thought I was doomed.  My fears were confirmed when the Priests charged forward and the Geomancers fell back.  Completely and totally shocked by the results of the first match.  The second match was pretty much the same.  Tanks fell back, squishy spellcasters charged forward.

Its Teleport, any caster will use it to warp away after starting to charge if there's a target in range at the start. Meanwhile the default behavior for units that walk is to head toward the weakest enemy unit.

If you want the White mages to head backwards and the geomancers to charge swap their movement abilities.

Ahong

GG Dokurider, and to Barren. You really remember my archer characteristic :D "With a lot of damage" you said.  :lol:

Dokurider

October 20, 2012, 01:29:51 am #1676 Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:40:01 am by Dokurider
So Transparent doesn't negate Blind after all...

Also can anyone confirm Bowgun is working as intended? Or was I just unlucky?

Malroth

Rolled up a team with 2 bowgun weilding berserked paladins and 2 mimes and ran them through 4 matches,   not 1 proc.

Dokurider

Hmm, if Shieldrender isn't working as well, then we could have a serious problem here.

Celdia

That first round was beautiful. I'm a little surprised my Scholar doesn't use the Earth Dragon a little more often but when it counts she seems to be on top of it. If those status swords had proc'd at all through the match it might've spelled a different outcome.

Swagucard: MVP of Round 1. M. V. P.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0