• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:43:21 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Open War

Started by akwikone, November 09, 2008, 02:15:02 am

akwikone

November 09, 2008, 02:15:02 am Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 04:09:40 am by akwikone
Open War V.1  Beta

The original idea I had was to make the battles more epic by making battles longer and including tough leaders in combat giving a 1.3 feel with matched leveling, and it also kind of took on the feel of Lydyns concept of Zodiac Crisis, a patch that made everything super crazy, so in a Insane sense it's kind of  1.3's Midlife Crisis

Basic changes
Matched leveling, like in 1.3
New leaders in every story battle
New ENTD files(DD still un changed, taking suggestions)
No text editing done

all heavy body armor and helmets will have 50% more hp
all helmets will have innate darkness
all heavy armor will have starting status slow
all hats, clothes, and robes will have 25 percent less hp
all robes will have MA+1, except robe of lord which has MA+2

all swordskills will have an mp cost(8 to 20)
all swordskills will have 1 range(stasis sword keeps aoe, and lightning stab has spin fist targeting)

cloud will be basch, though currently stuck with the same sprite

new sprites for male samurai, Malak, Dragon Reis, and I will need a sprite for clouds replacement(if someone is willing to make them) (currently unavailable due to lack of spriters who aren't busy)

almost every accessory will be remade or altered

hi-potion will heal 100, and x-potion will heal 250

Equipment changes
gengi armor gains MA +2 and jump +1

All shurikens WP upped by 2

All bags, rugs, sticks, dictionaries, and harps get WP upped by 2

Perseus and Yoichi bow got WP upped by 2

Cross bows have there range shortend, and WP upped by 2 or 3

Bows get 6 range

Stone gun gets 5 range and +2 WP

All flails except scorpion tail get WP +1

Sage staff gets WP of 16, and 25% to cast melt

Dragon rod gets WP of 20 and 25% to cast holy bracelet

All axes get WP upped by 3, evade of 40%, and 25% to cast something

All Katana get  WP upped by 2 except chirijraden, and evade upped to 30%

Masmune gets 25% to cast threaten

All Knight swords have forced two hands

Defender evade lowered to 45%, always defend, and is no longer rare, enemies will start using it level 60

Save the queen, ragnarock, and chaos blade all have 22 WP

Save the queen has auto protect and inflicts silence

Ragnarock has auto shell and inflicts darkness

Chaos blade has auto regen and inflicts undead

Excalibur has starting status haste, and 18 WP

Materia blade a WP of 14, MA +2 and 25% to cast return 2

Negrarock has 0 WP, damage is ((PA+Y)/2*MA), MA+2, PA+2, inflict frog, cancel dark

Accessory changes
Salty rage: auto protect, shell, slow and float
Setiemson: auto reflect, faith, regen, starting status transparent, and don't act
Cherche: immune to charm, death sentence, crystal, treasure, and blood suck
Chantage: always defending, regen protect, shell, starting status dead

Vanish mantle: starting transparent, move +1, jump +1, and speed +1, keeps 35% evade, half wind

Defense armlet: auto protect
N-khai armlet: immune to poison, darkness, silence
108 gems: half fire, ice, lightning, immune to confuse, undead, frog, poison, faith, innocent, reraise, protect, shell, haste, and regen
Jade armlet: immune to dead, charm, petrify, and stop, starting status don't move, don't act, haste, and always poison(great for assassins, if you can survive the starting effects)
Diamond armlet: MA+1, PA+1, half holy, weak dark, immune slow

Angel ring: starting reraise, immune undead, don't act, don't move, always faith, absorb holy
Cursed ring: PA, MA, and SP+3, move and jumps +1, always undead, reraise, and poison, starting status poison
Magic ring: MA+1, immune berserk, silence, starting status innocent, strengthen fire and lightning
Defense ring: auto shell
Reflect ring: auto shell, reflect, and innocent

Bracer: PA+3
Magic gauntlet: same
Power wrist: same
Gengi gauntlet: MA and PA+2, cancel dark, 15% M-evade and P-evade

Red shoes:  MA+1, Move+1, absorb fire, immune slow
Sprint shoes: SP+1, Jump+1, immune stop
Feather boots: auto float, weak wind, and lightning
Rubber shoes: cancel lightning,  immune don't move, weak water
Germinas boots: Move+1, jump+1
Spike shoes: jump+2
Battle boots: same

All hair adornments have 35 HP and 75 MP

All knives and Sasuke knife give SP+1

Zorlin shape has 25% to cast stop bracelet

Monster changes
Note: to many to mention right now, and a like to give people surprises

Sampler
Monsters are similar to 1.3 in the fact that many of the ideas came from it, though a few are changed that are my own such as

Trent: high hp, aoe revive, move mp up and mp switch

Cuar: high range move, high speed, low hp, high PA, speed save

Chocobo: high hp, larger aoe choco cure, and distribute

Behemoth: high hp, pa ,ma, giga-flare, short charg, modified meteor rain so the it acts like a random multi hit(up to 50 times) high powered spell with a really long animation as monster skill

Zodiac Monster Changes
again a lot like 1.3, but  these are my own (I think, not sure of the 1.3 zodiac changes, been awhile since I played it, got to past velius, file got corrupted, started new file, computer crashed...)

Job Changes
Geomancer changed to druid, different skills, skillset name is blank, more equips, innate move on lava, and any ground, halve all elements
Dancer changed to witch, non-charge dances, no longer persevere , boosted stats more equips, two swords and attack up
Bard changed to hornsman, non-charge songs, no longer persevere , boosted stats, innate half of mp, more equips
Monks lost martial arts, skills boosted, gained innate mdef-up, move hp up, shields, flails, and poles
Mediators skills changed, stats buffed, innate monster skill
Knight gained innate def-up, axes, and flails
Squires with cross-bows
Archers is now ranger, charge buffed, several more weapon equips, innate equip change and concentrate, only shoes and mantles as accessories , stats buffed
Chemist innate move find item and equip change
Priest gained innate mdef-up, rods, and flails
Wizard gained innate move-mp up, and staves
Time mage gained innate teleport, and books
Summoner gained innate half of mp
Thieves gained innate concentrait, and secret hunt
Oracles gained innate defense up
Lancer innate ignore height, flails, axes, and swords
Samurai boosted stats, innate two hands
Ninja will be getting new skill set next update
Calculator is now collective, boosted stats, innate M-attack up
Mime boosted stats, innate monster talk, starting status regen and shell, status immunity to all

here's the beta

samuchan

November 10, 2008, 01:25:53 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by samuchan
Quote from: "akwikone"all helmets will have innate darkness

all swordskills will have 1 range(stasis sword keeps aoe, and lightning stab has spin fist targeting)
Interesting.  I'll be willing to test when you start coming up with stuff.

akwikone

November 13, 2008, 11:16:43 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
updated :)

Lycansbane

December 03, 2008, 06:06:40 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lycansbane
Hey be glad to play your patch if you tell me how to actually patch it.  Yes i'm a newbie so dunno how to do all this stuff yet. LoL

Zuka

December 10, 2008, 12:24:16 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
only one issue here, Ashley Riot is not an FF character, Vagrant story is close, but I've never heard of "Final Fantasy: Vagrant Story" so I don't know why everyone keeps making the comparison, I didn't even find the two games all that similar...

Dormin Jake

December 10, 2008, 12:44:50 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Quote from: "Zuka"only one issue here, Ashley Riot is not an FF character, Vagrant story is close, but I've never heard of "Final Fantasy: Vagrant Story" so I don't know why everyone keeps making the comparison, I didn't even find the two games all that similar...
They both apparently take place in the same "universe," if you will.  I haven't played it myself, but I seem to recall there being some cultural and geographic references that connect the Ivalice of FFT and FF12 to that of Vagrant Story.

The game is also supposedly rife with item references to FFT specifically, since the two games were made by pretty much the same team of guys.

It's one of those fan discovered connections that exist between games, and I believe it has an unofficial place in the whole overarching Ivalician timeline, so it's really not that far out in left field.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

LastingDawn

December 10, 2008, 03:55:08 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well... the church of Glabados is mentioned and one of the main characters (If I recall...) is a member of such.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

akwikone

December 12, 2008, 07:54:38 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
doesn't matter, I used Basch, another update soon, chapters 1 and 2 done in the ENTD files, still writting down class and ability changes

akwikone

March 26, 2009, 12:51:34 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
done except for the deep dungoen, is officily a beta, just need to do some file exchanging so I can post it, also I understand if the thread gets closed because of "lolpatch"/new rules so no need to explain why it got closed

Dominic NY18

March 26, 2009, 01:05:52 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Nah, I'm not going to touch this thread. Keep it up and good luck.

Archael

March 26, 2009, 01:10:04 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
here is why this is a good topic

Attachment: open war patch.fftpatch

akwikone

March 26, 2009, 04:10:43 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
thanks  :D

Asmo X

March 26, 2009, 08:06:38 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Wow. An actual project posted in New Projects.

Quotemodified meteor rain so the it acts like a random multi hit(up to 50 times)

Dude, no.

Dokurider

March 26, 2009, 08:17:12 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Quotemodified meteor rain so the it acts like a random multi hit(up to 50 times)

lol

akwikone

March 26, 2009, 08:30:22 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
I'm planning to make behemoths non-invitable, it's also removed it from Cloud, though I should probably tone down considering I gave a few monsters monster skill innate

Edit: also Asmo, weren't you the one to make the suggestion to Lydyn to  give chocobows meteor and non-charge?

Asmo X

March 26, 2009, 08:34:34 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Yes I was. And that spell would have taken less than 10 minutes to finish

Archael

March 26, 2009, 08:46:52 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
also, the more your patch thread has the word 1.3 in it the less successful it will be

people don't want more 1.3

they want to see new things

I retract my previous statement

THIS FAILS

akwikone

March 26, 2009, 08:48:45 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
Quote from: "Asmo X"Yes I was. And that spell would have taken less than 10 minutes to finish

this has inspired me, I will change behemoth, instead it'll be a boss skill(I think Hash already has it), there will also be fight a DD END fight of eleven beings with 1 hp, 20 speed, non-charge, and this spell, a three hour test of patience :twisted:

SilvasRuin

March 26, 2009, 08:59:11 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Challenge is better than tedium.

akwikone

March 26, 2009, 09:00:49 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
yeah I know, but it's only one super fucking long boring battle, besides I think I set it to random hits

Edit: and yes Arch I know that mentioning 1.3 won't help, but it's kinda sorta simaler, and I think that sadly most patches(including mine) that don't change the story, or have complete class changes seem like a cheap knock off of 1.3...