• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:33:15 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

No Magic Patch

Started by bamseyboy, November 07, 2008, 12:40:11 pm

bamseyboy

November 07, 2008, 12:40:11 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
This should be easy to implement, I'm simply going to remove every single magic class, simply I'll be having less characters.

-Squire (Default)
-Chemist (Squire level 2)
-Knight (Squire level 2)
-Archer (Knight level 2)
-Thief (Archer level 3)
-Dragoon (Archer level 3)
-Mediator (Chemist level 4)
-Monk (Squire level 4)
-Ninja (Thief level 4, Dragoon level 4)
-Bard (Chemist level 5, Monk level 5, Squire level 5)

Bard's skills are a mix of sword skills, squire skills and monk skills.
Monk has Chakra and Purification removed.
Entice is given to Ramza, taken away from Mediator.

You will be able to get a Black Mage, a White Mage and a Time Mage from random battles through Entice, all in Chapter 1 and all with special skills: -

Black Mage
All black magic, Manashield, Manafont, Swiftness

White Mage
All white magic plus Aegis, First Strike, Shirihadori, Lifefont

Time Mage
All time magic plus Celestial Stasis, Soulbind, Counter Magic, Teleport

*Orran will not have Celestial Stasis, but Knight and Thief skills.

Any ideas about this?

Dokurider

November 07, 2008, 12:42:17 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
What happened to the Geomancer and Samurai? I mean, if you're going to have a mediator, then why remove them?

What are planning on doing with Special Characters? Monsters?

DarthPaul

November 07, 2008, 01:45:55 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
geomancers and samurai are *technically* magic wielders if you are a real nitpicker and it looks like he picking nits like a monkey in spring time
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Dokurider

November 07, 2008, 01:48:43 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Mediators are *technically* magic wielders as well. Even more so then Samurais and Geomancers. I just don't get it.

Dokurider

November 07, 2008, 01:49:59 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Furthermore, why did you get rid of Dancers?

DarthPaul

November 07, 2008, 01:50:26 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
yes i understand what you mean but technically they are just talking and not using any *magic* whereas geomancers use environmental magic and samurai use the magic in their swords
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Dokurider

November 07, 2008, 01:55:03 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Just talking? Talk skill is influenced by MA, just like Elemental and Draw Out. Basically, it's Talk Magic. There really is no difference.

bamseyboy

November 07, 2008, 02:26:47 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
I'd be changing the formulas, and MA will be redundant. The Speechcraft skills will also be changed around too.

DarthPaul

November 07, 2008, 05:58:34 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
yea but in real life does talking take any form of magic whatsoever

Dokurider

November 07, 2008, 06:13:35 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Reality? In my FFT?

DarthPaul

November 07, 2008, 07:03:52 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
im just saying it takes no magic to talk the fact its based on magic is just the way they coded the game

The Damned

November 07, 2008, 08:00:41 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Talk Skill/Speechcraft is not magical despite the questionable immediacy of things like Death Sentence and Mimic Daravon on the battlefield. Then again, the battlefield of FFT is presumably abbreviated in all forms of its expression, so....

Talk Skill uses MA not because it's magical but because its reliant about upon force of will and concentration/convinction. PA wouldn't make in any sense since, unlike Monks, Mediators aren't dunces who communicate with their fists.

(Useless brownie points for anyone that gets that reference.)

Also, Mediators don't bite people like animals or kill people with their tongues (at least through direct contact), so PA has nothing to do with their non-magical abilities.

ANYWAY, this patch could be interesting, but I'm not sure how you're going to compensate for the fact that the main bosses of the game have magic and, thus, more range than most of you generics. (Not that I'm sure that you need to before Chapter 3's Velius fight anyway, though.)

I also don't see why you're even going to bother with the three generics if you want the game to be "NO MAGIC FOR THE HUMANS!" in the first place.

(I also don't see how you're going to explain Lancers being able to jump so damned high or Monks being able to Earth Slash--Wave Fist is basically the infamous "One Inch Punch"--without magic/supernatural abilities being in play.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"