• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:42:52 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

Squidgy

If piggies are using the old MA growth stat of 7 instead of 70... that gives 46.2 MA. Nice catch pokeytax... I was just assuming best compat, which is impossible for monsters. Normal Wildbow charm is 63%...

Wiz

Match 3 OhGodBears! vs Celdia

^^

I'll be uploading 2 Matches a day w/ today being an exception, so keep that in mind when on the lookout for new videos.

Use this format when making videos in the future:

Title
Season 5 Match X Player 1 vs Player 2 FFT 1.3 AI Tournament

OR

Season 5 LOSER'S Match X Player 1 vs Player 2 FFT 1.3 AI Tournament

Description

Player 1 = X Color
Player 2 = Y Color

S5 Rules
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6988.0

S5 Page
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7240.0

Come Chat with us
http://wbe002.mibbit.com/?server=irc.esper.net&channel=%23FFH&settings=c76462e5055bace06e32d325963b39f2

Tags
Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 AI Tournament Season Five "War Of The Lions" Ramza "Final Fantasy Hacktics" Delita Playstation FFHackticsTournament PS1 PSX PSP 1.3038 RPG "Turn-By-Turn Basis" "Video Games" Gaming ffhacktics.com

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

dinosaur

I guess it is true ... Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and Ke$ha are all losers... XD or ... the AI is a loser ...

Kaz

to hell with you mustadio haters

Barren

nice fast paced match up, i didn't think dino would lose because he had status but i guess pierce's offense just overwhelmed him

nothing much to say except that the distraction failed when it was looking good

D-D-D-D-DOMINATION!
You dare cross blades with me?

OhGodBears!

Good matches Celdia.  I didn't test my team and didn't expect my Lancer to be such a destroyer but he was crazy.  Hopefully at some point I will get an 800+ Murasame heal.  That would make my tourney. 

Celdia

You trounced me thoroughly and I deserve it for not testing my team at all. ^_^ (Seriously, how did I not put move skills on two units?!) However it was totally worth it if only to hear Kokojo wishing me off to the Losers Bracket. That never gets old.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Barren

I already have at least 9 or 10 recorded already, if anyone wants to see my half of the winners bracket while we wait for wiz to finish please say so and ill upload it later on tonight. If not, we'll wait until Wiz is done with his half

Wiz

Sorry about the delay everyone, bottom line is I had a bad day IRL yesterday (5/30/11) so I had no chance to upload anything.

As of this point, I've moved out of my folks house and am limited with internet access till 8:30 CST here at the local library.

Fortunately, all what's needed on my end is to download about 2 hours worth of music, add it in to the already made match (fancy transitions), process it in movie maker, then YT it is!

I'll try to get 9 matches up tonight, but we'll have to wait and see.

FYI, I've got my section of Round 1 Matches (includes 13-16 too) done, but I ran into a problem with 13...

I'll need to pick another map for R2 between Pride v Aquilae.

Checkerboard Land 3 (as well as 1 and 2)'s panels are all considered water and since Dark Behemoth's can't swim for shit, the game doesn't account for their existence meaning it's a 4 (Aquilae) on 3 (Pride).

Anyways, time's ticking, gotta get to it ;)

pokeytax

Quote from: Barren on May 31, 2011, 01:43:38 pmif anyone wants to see my half of the winners bracket while we wait for wiz to finish please say so and ill upload it later on tonight.

I vote a million times yes for this but since I don't see the mad rush of posts I was expecting maybe I'm overlooking why this is a bad idea? (Not that I care!)
  • Modding version: PSX

philsov

Quoteif anyone wants to see my half of the winners bracket while we wait

I'm willing to wait a day or two to keep things in an organized fashion. 

I'm proud of your commitment wiz <3
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

OhGodBears!

As long as you guys are posting matches in the same round, I don't see a reason why you cant throw them up at the same time.

Mando

I wouldn't mind seeing your vids and same as what Bears' said, I mean so long as the match is labeled its essentially split up down the middle so I really don't see an issue when none of your matches overlap each other nor "depend" on each other.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

UniqueTownPortal

May 31, 2011, 08:12:31 pm #73 Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:29:37 pm by UniqueTownPortal
This tournament is just fun so don't see my rant as something terribly serious :) Why my team don't resemble one i submit?:> My knight with protect 2, samurai without draws... ? I don't see chances for my team but i want to see how they die with abilities i choose for them :)

I know what happened. When Barren was using excel he checked draws in first job window and for some reason it only reads draws checked in the second window from secondary job. I don't know why protect 2 was in my knight... Wiz if you have time, please make rematch, if you can't please as your atonemet check that names on google :)

Wiz

Screw it, only 6 Matches up tonight

hopefully 10-16 will be up tomorrow (Music's all what's needed)

Match 4 RedWorld vs Otabo
Match 5 (Archives) PX_Timefordeath vs UniqueTownPortal
Match 6 skiploom188 vs yohyzo
Match 7 Carmine vs Zenius
Match 8 Derevish vs Vigilanti
Match 9 Veliuz vs Eternal248 ROFL =D

mmm..I need to make a correction...

Video title/heading, I changed my mind and would prefer if you used this

*Season 5 LOSER'S Match*

I'd rather not spoiler who the loser's are in the title since that can ruin matches for new viewers :P

zxpr0jk

I love the videos. And will continue to watch them. Excellent work. I've watched season 1 and the differences are tremendous with how far its come.

If we can give feedback for the videos here though(and take or leave any of this):

1) The intro music is so abrupt... Having an intro is good and all. But it's always so loud and ON/OFF suddenly. Pad the intro an extra 5 seconds and soften the music with some fade so it flows naturally into the match. But more importantly, make the music quieter. As it stands, I mute the audio for the first couple seconds every time.

2) The commentating itself is little better than having someone read to me. Commentators are supposed to provide insight and analysis to a competition. I don't need you to tell me 'SillyName' threw a Papyrus Plate. There are times when that would be useful, but you don't need to kill yourself reciting every little thing that happens. That said, absolutely love the enthusiasm. Don't lose that!

3) For anyone that is commentating full-timeish, I'd suggest investing in a pop filter. Overall excellent investment if you plan on broadcasting your voice. Not that you need this model, but for anyone that doesn't know what a pop filter is. (it protects your mic from the powerful p's, s's, and whatever other sudden noise you might make) http://www.amazon.com/Raxxess-RAX-POMT-Microphone-Gooseneck/dp/B0002FOMRK

4) We talked about it a little on the chat, but a schedule should really be arranged. Personally, I'd like to see the first round dumped as quickly as possible. And then schedule all the round two+ matches to be released in X matches(or X minutes of video) per day. Give people time in between to speculate if they want. It also cuts the load on commentators tremendously. But ultimately, this is up to the people uploading. All I really hope to see is a defined schedule before a tournament begins.

Again though, excellent work so far. Can't wait to be slaughtered in round 25.

veliuz

Hahaha...

You had it coming with a team like that.

GG

Vigilanti

Wow that squire rocked me....why didnt I think of it last season???? Or this one for that matter?!?!?! Ah well, GG Derevish

dinosaur

Quote from: UniqueTownPortal on May 31, 2011, 08:12:31 pm
This tournament is just fun so don't see my rant as something terribly serious :) Why my team don't resemble one i submit?:> My knight with protect 2, samurai without draws... ? I don't see chances for my team but i want to see how they die with abilities i choose for them :)

I know what happened. When Barren was using excel he checked draws in first job window and for some reason it only reads draws checked in the second window from secondary job. I don't know why protect 2 was in my knight... Wiz if you have time, please make rematch, if you can't please as your atonemet check that names on google :)

Wiz or Barren, def double check on this for UTP.

I like zxpr0jk Last point. Just sayin...

Barren

I just checked your team UTP, yes your knight has protect, not protect 2.....i'll let Wiz know the error you pointed out