• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 03:51:18 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Weapon/Item Editting

Started by VincentCraven, March 20, 2008, 07:15:01 am

Asmo X

April 06, 2008, 10:46:51 am #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Ok I'll change the Escutcheon 2 to Innocent, cancel: elements and immune:silence

Drab Shield will have to be changed then. Absorb Dark and Holy I'm thinking. Powerful elements but not used often. And a good thing for some enemies to have as well (so you can't Holy the shit out of them). Maybe an immunity to Poison too just because it feels right.

If you go that way with the swords, maybe there should be more enemies that defend elements. Right now, the threat of coming across enemies good to your setup isn't that great.

VincentCraven

April 06, 2008, 01:57:04 pm #81 Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 03:04:40 pm by VincentCraven
yes to more element strengths. I'll get it l8r though

I like many of your things; however, I prefer this:

Name             P.Ev   M.Ev   Effects
Escutcheon        10     10     Cancel: Confusion
Buckler           15     10     Cancel: Don't Act
Mythril Shield    10     15     Cancel: Berserk
Storm Shield      15      0     Absorb&Strengthen: Wind, Water
Ice Shield        15      0     Absorb&Strengthen: Ice; Half: Fire; Weak: Wind
Fire Shield       15      0     Absorb&Strengthen: Fire; Half: Ice; Weak: Water
Blast Shield      20      0     Absorb&Strengthen: Lightning; Half: Water; Weak: Fire
Platina Guard      0      0     Always: Protect; Weak: Ice
Celestial Shield  15     15     Absorb&Strengthen: Dark, Holy
Aegis Shield      10     30     MA+1
Diamond Shield    10     10     PA+1
Crystal Guard      0      0     Always: Shell
Genji Shield      30     20
Kaiser Plate      20      5     Always: Faith; Strengthen: Fire, Lightning, Ice
Venetian Shield   25     25     Half: Fire, Lightning, Ice
Magic Seal         0    100     Always: Innocent; Cancel: elements (minus Earth)
For the first 3 shields, I gave each an immunity that doesn't deal with movement. If anything, it should be easier to stop a guy with a shield in his tracks. They have a niche, but it's nothing spectacular.

We now have a shield to strengthen every element (except Earth, which is completely excluded from shields). I changed Ice Shield's weakness to put it in line with Fire Shield. Drab would be a good name if it only dealt with Dark, but I prefer Celestial.

Always: Protect is a bit too good w/o a downside. I figured I'd help out Ice a bit. I also thought an Always: Shell shield was appropriate.

Is Kaiser Plate too good? I thought Always: Faith was appropriate there.

The final shield (Escutcheon=>Magic Seal) completely stops magic. I think Innocent pretty much negates any magic using, so no Silence.

^How's that? Thanks Asmo for your ideas.

[Edit: I changed a few things]
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Lydyn

April 06, 2008, 02:25:53 pm #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
QuoteMagic Seal         0    100     Always: Innocent; Cancel: elements (minus Earth)

Isn't that redundent? Innocent alone stops all magic, why put 100% evade against magic? The canceling makes sense, since weapons will have elementals on them, but ... you don't need both 100% evade and innocent.

VincentCraven

April 06, 2008, 02:32:08 pm #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I think the shield will pop up, but I could be wrong.

Kourama

April 06, 2008, 02:32:14 pm #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
With 100% magic evade I'm pretty sure you can dodge Aqua Soul and its counterparts 100% of the time.

Asmo X

April 06, 2008, 02:51:58 pm #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Yeah that looks awesome. That Kaiser Plate is going to Wreak absolute havok though. hah.

Here's what I would do. Take 15 points from the Kaiser Plate's M.ev. Give 5 to the Storm Shield's P.ev, and 5 to each stat of the Crystal Guard.

Also, one thing with the Drab/Bronze Shield: one of the reasons I chose the name is because of the amount of letters. I didn't think you could lengthen a word without running into glitches. If i'm right about that, you could use something like "Astral" or "Radial", if not, disregard.

Lydyn

April 06, 2008, 03:07:41 pm #86 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "VincentCraven"I think the shield will pop up, but I could be wrong.

Oh! Nevermind mind then! I just woke up, so sorry if I sounded a bit.. uh, forward. Though I hope it doesn't block Aqua Soul and stuff. >.> I don't think that was the point, was it? Might need to test that out!

VincentCraven

April 06, 2008, 03:08:39 pm #87 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Ah yes, the text limitations could be a problem.  I think I may be able to take away some from a few places, but I may end up with a net gain of too many letters. 'Astral' sounds like a good back-up plan.

The Crystal Guard may be okay as-is, but I took your advice on the other stuff. Now I just need karsten to show up and give his opinion.

And Aqua Soul is magic, so I don't see why not. It IS the ultimate shield still.

Lydyn

April 06, 2008, 03:10:46 pm #88 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I suppose... I always looks at it more like a spell-like ability, but.. that is still magic, hm. Well, no problems then. ^_^

Asmo X

April 06, 2008, 03:48:47 pm #89 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Let it be. This is a good list. Until other people come in and throw their hats into the ring on the shield issue, I think we can get cracking on the elemental swords.

Austin

April 06, 2008, 03:54:28 pm #90 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
I'm good with the shield list. For starters on elemental swords we could make coral sword actually cast its spell and we could make the blood sword into a flametongue.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lydyn

April 06, 2008, 04:04:53 pm #91 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I'd vote blood sword changes to darkness, myself ... but I also have the view of seeing things like that as evil. :P Whatever you guys decide, I think you should just remember two things ... keep the elementals mostly even and based it off of the names & feel you get from weapons. That's what I think anyways. *Nods*

Prinygod

April 06, 2008, 05:32:57 pm #92 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Prinygod
blast sheild should be weak earth, i think it makes more since than weak fire (after all lightning can cause fire) also its more in line with the other elemental sheild in that the have a weakness to an uncommon element.
Check out www.mamehub.info an online emulator that combines MAME and MESS

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Prinygod?feature=mhee

Asmo X

April 07, 2008, 09:51:16 am #93 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Actually, Prinny makes a good point but I'm thinking in the opposite direction. The Absorb Ice/Lightning/Fire Shields should each be weak to the remaining element of the "big 3". So if you Absorb fire and halve ice, you should be weak to lightning. I mean those shields are just going to be too good otherwise. They now stengthen element too so you could make a practically risk-free elemental powerhouse of a knight.

a: Ice, h: Lightning, w: Fire
a: Lightning, h: Fire, w: Ice
a: Fire, h: Ice, w: Lightning

in other words. Absorb wind/water gets a free pass out of any weakness of course. Anyway, what does everyone else think?

And by the way, the one-handed swords are tough to sort out. How do you make them elementally focused without stepping on the turf of wizard rods?

Wizard Rods as support perhaps? I think 100% success of adding a low level status like blind or poison would be alright since you're asking them to get right into harms way. Then you can make the Staffs cancel ailments on hit.

Anyway, back to the swords...

Austin

April 07, 2008, 10:20:40 am #94 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
I think that's fine since there aren't that many wind and water attacks anyways. For elemental swords, I think there should be one for each shield. We already have ice and lightning so that leaves fire, wind/water, and dark/holy. Like suggested before blood sword could be fire or dark, and the nagrarock could be changed for something since it's really just a novelty anyways.

Asmo X

April 07, 2008, 10:50:40 am #95 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Holy/ Dark. I'm an idiot. I've been sitting here for ages trying to sort this list out and i forgot all about those.

The problem with making the blood sword elemental is that it can be strengthened. Is that something people really want? It's already one of the best swords.

Asmo X

April 07, 2008, 11:13:19 am #96 Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 12:05:13 pm by Asmo X
Broad Sword: WP: 5, W.ev: 5. E: Lightning, Cs: Bolt, MA+1

Ancient Sword: WP: 6, W.ev: 5. E: Fire, Cs: Fire, MA+1

Lave Sword: WP: 8, W.ev: 7. E: Water, Cs: Quicksand

Mythril Sword: WP: 9, W.ev: 7. E: Earth, Cs: Local Quake

Long Sword: WP: 9, W.ev: 15. E: Wind, Cs: Kamaitachi

Ice Brand: WP: 11, W.ev: 10. E: Ice, Cs: Ice2

Coral Sword: WP: 12, W.ev: 10. E: Lightning, Cs: Bolt2

Rune Blade: WP: 13, W.ev 15. MA +2

Sleep Sword: WP: 14, W.ev: 10. E: Holy, A: Sleep

Faint Sword: WP: 14, W.ev: 10. E: Dark, A: Slow

Blood Sword: WP: 9, W.ev: 5. Always: Drain

Materia Blade: WP: 10. W.ev: 10. E: Wind, MA+2

Flametongue: WP: 10, W.ev: 33. E: Fire, Cs: Fire3

Nagrarock: WP: 9, W.ev:20. E: Water, Cs: Water Ball, Add: Frog

E = Element
A = Add
Cs = Cast

Platinum Sword > Flametongue
Diamond Sword > Faint Sword
Iron Sword > Lave Sword

This list is a bit experimental I suppose. The Geo skills feel slightly more appropriate than normal magic.

The new Nagra is less gimmicky, and has a slightly better chance of frogging the enemy.

Added a Flametongue with a solid W.ev. I think each category should have a clear winner in that area.

Austin

April 07, 2008, 11:39:38 am #97 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
For blood sword I meant to just completely revamp it so it'd be a regular sword with fire element.

As for your list it looks pretty good, but I think the materia blade should have a magic bonus for cloud's limit skills, and I'd prefer for the holy/dark swords to be the best swords, but that's a minor complaint.

Asmo X

April 07, 2008, 11:53:40 am #98 Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 12:03:17 pm by Asmo X
Yeah that sounds good actually. I'll swap the holy/dark swords to give them the best stats. And how much MA for the Materia Blade? will +1 do?

Also, I vote we keep the Blood Sword. It's unique and adds a bit of interest to the list but I'll see what everyone else thinks and change it if thats what's needed.

[Edit]: Actually, does the attack power jump to 10 too quickly? I might have to stagger this list differently in that area

Austin

April 07, 2008, 12:00:29 pm #99 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
I'd say at least +2, I assume we're going to do the same thing to Cloud where he can use his skills with a regular sword, so it needs to be on even ground with the rune blade at the very least.