• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 12:49:01 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

Ryqoshay

The pocket-sized pixie slowly comes to her senses. "Rhhhhide sha Rhhhyhhhorn..." she slurs, remembering where she had been placed. The sound of her own voice makes her giggle. Clumsily, she pushes her head out of the rhino's pouch. "Eeeyyy..." she grins stupidly at her friend, her pupils dilated to the point that almost no blue can be seen. "'Ow mush we maesh?"
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn finishes organizing the money from his transactions, slipping each person's share into separate pockets as Yvonne pops out, questioning him in her totally-not-drug-induced stupor.  Luckily, the rhino had planned ahead enough to put her into one of the larger pouches, and responds to her question by slowly piling the 440 PP that is Yvonne's share of the cash haul into the empty space in the pocket, right next to the fey.  Satisfied with how everything was positioned, Rhyhorn turns and begins making tracks back to the Mage's Guild - now that the rhino had money, he had things to buy himself.

Ryqoshay

"Ehhyy..." Yvonne protests. "Kerfuul wish thosh cons er yoush shkwish my..." She falls back into the pouch.

EmmaNigma

Sitting and glaring at the Mage's Guild building, Hogarth contemplates her hatred of wizards. They have her axe in there, and the only reason she turned it over is because she plans to kill many, many more wizards than the ones enchanting it.

A familiar squeak of wheels and stomping of four rocky feet signals the arrival of ALL THE THINGS. Hogarth's face lights up, as if her face was the rising of dawn, only except if someone had smeared the sun in blood and mud and stuck a dagger through its eye. "Hail, Friend Rhyhorn! Back from the trader?" Hogarth looks at a loopy, out of her mind, drooling fey hanging out of one of Rhyhorn's pockets. Taken aback for a second, Hogarth then bears all her attention on the situation. "Who poisoned Yvonne?! How we cure? WHO WE KILL!"
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn shakes his head at Hogarth's outrage.  He begins to scribble for a moment, but remembers the Barbarian cannot read.  There would be no avoiding speaking with his gravely, Tom Waits-esque voice if he wanted to avoid the poor, misguided Barbarian killing what could end up being half the town.  "She's not poisoned, Friend Hogarth, just high on some kind of flower."  The rhino informs Hogarth, before entering a small series of hacking coughs. "Sorry, many things to do still..." Rhyhorn says, turning to climb the stairs of the one Guild Hogarth hates so.

EmmaNigma

"Wait! Friend Rhyhorn! Have water! I trade for flower! No have to speak!"
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn shakes his head, pausing for a moment and taking a sip from the Wetskin at his neck to satiate the Barbarian.  He decides not to speak again, though, and makes his way on and into the Mage's Guild.  He feels rude over not replying to the Barbarian's concern beyond his motion to drink, but he has many things that needed enchanting and he needs to get them all going while the sun is still high in the sky.

Ryqoshay

"Ahhm ffine ahhm finne, Hhotharg." Yvonne tries to assure her friend. She feels the cart move and starts waving. "Bubbulsh!"

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn, now inside, finds himself a mage that can help him sort out his shopping list.  A wand, some oil, some bracers, and after some thinking, he also grabs a Mithral Shirt for the Barbarian outside, knowing her anti-mage vendetta would get in the way of her buying it for herself.  He then makes his way back outside, looking for Friend Hogarth, so that he can give the Barbarian her share of the loot.

Ryqoshay

"Eehhh, Rrhyyhorn... Ah dunwansha ge oushide..." Yvonne pulls herself out of the pocket. "Whheresh thash poush...?" she searches around for one of the various pouches she had given the rhino over the last few days. "Thishou worr..." She begins shoving her coins into the sack. When the bag is well past its intended capacity, she crams the rest into her backpack. "Ahh goshoopinn now..." She tells Rhyhorn she puts the herbs behind her back with her wands. The weight of the metal slows her progress but she manages.
   "Ms. Incendam!" A familiar, old, bearded man calls as he sees her floating through the crowd.
   "Coshwinnn..." The flame fey relies with a smile.
   The elderly wizard's gaze fell upon the flowers above her head. "I see you found Ms. Palsine's supply of thistletorch."
   "Mmmm..."
   "Strange stuff, that herb. Makes a delicious tea that many a noble enjoys, but for you fire lirai... well..." He gestures to her and chuckles.
   She nods slowly. "I'sh good shuffff..."
   "I also see you are still carrying around those wands haphazardly."
   "Shho?"
   "Have you ever considered a bag if holding or a handy haversack?"
   "Ahcersh Ah hhhave." Yvonne replies as though mildly offended. "Bushey donn reshish..."
   "What if there was one that was custom made for one of your size?"
   "No sushhinn..." she shakes her head.
   "On the contrary, m'lady." He produces a small leather pack that does not outwardly appear all that different from the one already worn by the pint-sized pixie. "After seeing you the last time, I commissioned this for you upon your return. I'll admit it may have been a bit presump..."
   "Sold" the fiery sprite interrupts.
   "Excellent." Cozwin says with a broad grin. "You shall not be disappointed, I guarantee."
   "Heeee..." she replies, happily transferring her belongings to the new bag. Everything fits splendidly. Her wands and her herbs, previously too big for her mundane pack now slide easily into the extra-dimensional space of her haversack. "So light..." she marvels upon completion. "I love it!" she starts laughing as she spins in air, no longer concerned with how she moves.
   "Good I'm glad to hear that." He says, happy to have another satisfied customer. "So, anything else you need?"
   "Hrmmmm...." she looks at the varied selection sprawled across his tables. "Got any fireball wands?"
   "Indeed I do."
   "How much?" Her face falls upon hearing the price. "Nevermind..." she says, disheartened.
   "If I could offer a suggestion, based on what I can see of your funds..." He selects two items and presents them to her; a necklace and a ring. Both are quite pretty, but neither are overtly glamorous.
   Yvonne has a general idea of what they are, but asks anyway. Cozwin explains their enchantments and how they would aid in her defense.
   "I'll take the ring." she decides after a moment. "It's prettier."
"Excellent choice, M'lady."
   "Yvonne." she corrects. "M'lady and Ms. sound too... formal."
   "Very well, Yvonne it is."
   The two continue to talk about various things of magical nature as Yvonne continues making other selections.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn says nothing as the pixie slips away with her money, looking for Friend Hogarth instead.  Running up to her, he quickly sets down the Mithral Shirt and a large pile of platinum coins, knowing the mathematically-inept Barbarian would not notice the missing coins, and hoping the shirt keeps her safe after how many injuries she had taken in her mad charge against the Goblins previous.  He doesn't wait for a reply from Hogarth as he hurries back into the Mage's Guild, finding some mages to help him with a pile of enchanting - multiple enchantments regarding his stone hide, along with an enchantment on the Buckler they had found previously.  The rhino nestles in for a nap as the trio of mages got to work, since he can't leave during the process as they're enchanting... well... him.

Kalas

Nathalie took off from the cart, following the merry rhinoceros and the euphoric pixie down through the city. She tagged awkwardly behind them, only finally walking the same pace with them until Rhyhorn enters a building made for enchanting.

"Oh, well this is inopportune," She says, walking out, "I'll just find someone else. It was an awkward encounter.

Ryqoshay

"Say," Yvonne says after a good long chat about the benefits of magic. "'Ow many scrolls a' Alarm ya got?"
   "None lirai sized at the moment." Cozwin admits.
   "You sold me this 'aversack jus' a liddle while ago, ya know. I don'eed ta be limi'ed ta the liddle scrolls no more. I c'n use the normnal sized ones now."
   "That is very true. How many do you need?"
   The possibly-paranoid pixie thinks for a moment. "Ten? Mebe twenty?"
   "I have that many." The retired caster says, stroking his beard. "But it's still early in the day, I could have a wand made by tomorrow."
   "Oooo... I like tha' idea..."
   "I'll get right on it then."

Kalas

Nathalie dawdles around the enchanting-station for a bit, before walking back in, very softly asking Rhyhorn where her share of the gold is. She pesters him quietly, but after seeing no response, begins a louder annoyance.

"Rhy-hooooorn~ Where is my money?" She asks in a sing-song voice, "Rhy-hoooooorn~"

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn slowly wakes from his napchantment, noticing and her sing-songing about her share of the loot.  He takes a moment to let himself wake up before reaching onto his Pack Saddle, fiddling through a few pockets before pulling out 's share of the Platinum and setting it down on the floor next to him, along with the wand that they had found in the Goblin's horde.  Rhyhorn takes a moment to scribble on his chalkboard.  "Wand of Bless.  10 Uses.  Maybe useful for you."

Kalas

Nathalie happily grabs her glorious bag of magic-gold and gifted magic wand and runs off to take care of her errands, attempting frugality with her money as she gives herself an ultimatum to buy only what is necessary. First she stocks up on a fair amount of crossbow bolts, probably in the range of fifty-six more to completely fill her hungry chest. She then buys a very handy mithral shirt, which is perfect for her small frame. Nathalie decides to pick up a masterworked buckler while she's at it. Following that, she tempers her new shirt and buckler, giving her the best defense possible, even if she doesn't get to keep a lump sum of money after a hard day of work.

"This was far too therapeutic.." Nathalie says to herself, sighing, "Well, maybe I can work out how to use this wand now.." Nathalie trailed off somewhere, carrying her new goods and examining the wand closely.

Ryqoshay

After Yvonne says goodbye to Cozwin, she begins to wonder about what else she could fit in her new haversack. Never in her life has she had such a carrying capacity. It was indeed time for more shopping. Humming merrily to herself, she makes her way back to the trade district.

EmmaNigma

Hogarth, completely fucking bored out of her mind, pokes at the mythril shirt at first. she takes off her hides and slips it on, putting the now-decorative wolf hides back on. She sits there and hums a little, not wanting to go to a bar for ale and wenches without her axe.

RavenOfRazgriz

After many hours pass, Rhyhorn finally awakens, thanking the Mage's Guild for their first day of work via his chalkboard before leaving.  After a long, boring day of nothing after a long, exciting morning of hauling things about and selling and buying things, Rhyhorn heads back to the Silver Coin to rest for the night.