• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Kon'nichiwa :)

Started by Kuro-Hime, September 11, 2015, 03:23:09 am

Kuro-Hime

Hello there,

Ok so, my nickname is Kuro-Hime (Or Hime, or whatever you like ^^). Just a fan of rpg, mangas, movies and japan thing in general. Nice to meet you all !! ^^

I played to FFT when i was 15 (10 years ago!!). I loved it! But back in the days my english was very weak (Not much changement since, except a better comprehension ^^)
A long time after, one day i saw a road in internet, and just like alice in wonderland i got into it, and then i came here ^^
I was immediatelly interested!! But my work killed me until now.
So i came back for realize my dream. I hope you will help me in this difficult task :3
And maybe, who know if i learn fast, create my own sprite (or more) for the community.

What can i say more, except: Sorry if i bother you a lot. Sorry for my english.
AND, i play to Final Fantasy XIV Online(2 years), and i'm barde! Just want to say xD

REALLY happy to be with you  :oops:

Xifanie

:welcome:

We're always looking for more spriters! And just made sure your project is realistic before starting it... I recommend reading: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6125.0

My wife and I played FFXIV for four months before HeavensWard killed it for us. We had barely been playing, so paying $90 for the two of us on top of the monthly fee seemed like an unjustified expense. To punish us, SE made non-HW players extremely weak in comparison, on top of everyone being busy clearing HW content... yeah, we just lost interest. We had fun doing "hunts" with other people, but guildwork stopped working for 3 months and no one was doing them anymore, because only the HW ones were worthwhile.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kuro-Hime

September 11, 2015, 12:48:34 pm #2 Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:57:07 pm by Kuro-Hime
Spriter? Sound cool ^^ But i don't have enough skill for that now xD A this moment, i'm learning how to changing sprite, then i will do my best to create them.

Oooooh i'm very sad to hear your story :s

It's true, very difficult for new players to go into this game... Even if i can promise you, there is a lot of mechanic/system specialy made for beginner... If you choose what class you want to play (tank, dps, healer) and you focus only on it, and if you are motivated you can reach the highlevel very quicly (1/2 month) : first reaching the lv 60 with your main job, then reaching the minimum of gear (lv 170) to go into High End content. But without veteran player, or a guild to help you in old content OR told you where to go to find this and that, it's painfull there is too much to do ;) You should come back ^^ What is your server?

For the money part, i have payed 60$ , and 8$ every month since. Really better than buying a playstation/xbox game every month ^^

But you know, I luve the game, but i hate the community(I'm french and i hate playing with french people. 90% of the time my partners are En-Us). After 2 years, i play alone without a guild, because i can't find kind people.
The girl version of Kirito i suppose >< Mostly i'm hired by a guilds to down a content, and go back to my routine.
But even if my experience are a little bit damaged by that, the game himself is a pure masterpiece :)

Nyzer

Hey there! You'll probably want to start with the FFTPatcher suite and see what you can do with to get an idea of what kind of basic modding you can do with the game. If you want to see a strong example of just how in-depth the modding for FFT can be when it's taken to its limits, go check out Journey of the Five, which is set up as a sequel to FFT - seeing what Ivalice is like with Delita in charge and the multi-world (and time?) travel featured throughout the whole FFT/FFTA series cranked up to eleven. It might be a crossover-based mod, but the vast majority of the released Chapter 1 actually focuses mostly on just Ivalice's current events, instead of allowing the crossover element to dominate it as most such things would.

As for FFXIV, I've played it myself, and I actually found myself enjoying it more than I have been World of Warcraft lately. But I never went deep into FFXIV, just because I never knew anyone who was playing it, and I'm really not much of a solo MMO player. I only still play WoW because of momentum; I have no intent to purchase the upcoming expansion or to jump to another MMO :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kuro-Hime

September 11, 2015, 02:41:58 pm #4 Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:52:21 pm by Kuro-Hime
Omg, Thanks you Ryzer :)
And you know what, i knows journey of the Five .... This is F A B U L O U S! Ok i  started a party 1 year ago and stopped after 5mn of gameplay because i wanted to keep it for later (You know, like the last bite of your favorite meal) But i'll definitely do it soon. And Arigato Gosaimasu Elric-sama for this patch ;)
QuoteYou'll probably want to start with the FFTPatcher suite

Sure ^^  Huuummm i didn't say what i want yet sooo: For now my goal is to modding a fresh FFTWOTL to get all the character i always wanted to have (Balmafula *.* personnal note: i just found she is one of the easiest character to have, no sprite changing or anything, just add her with lioneditor... This is Crazy, I'm in heaven), and of course original sprite from you guys  :oops: And a personnal Portrait for the forum :D
I already did a thread, in my computer note ^^ But this is long, and some questions are stupid so i want to refined it a little to prevent a lynched on me ^^

For FFXIV yes i understand your point of view... If you think you can use the time you play for something else you consider more important, this is totally a good reason ^^
And i don't play alone because i wanted to, But it's a good way to preserve yourself :)

Xifanie

You can buy buy games on steam/humblebundle that can give you a fair bit of fun for $1... FFXIV is pretty redundant, for $13/month? I don't know, everyone's different.
And it's normal to not want to play with French people, most are just intolerant assholes. I swear the only people most of the French don't hate are Jews and French people.
Well, hopefully you're not one of them! I was just baffled at the opposition against gay marriage in France; really made me rethink how I felt about your population.

Good luck modding WotL; there's hardly any support available for it.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Kuro-Hime

Yes you right, the most important is the passion you put inside, money doesn't matter ^^

Ouch, Your words hurt a little... Senpaï :) But this is true... Most of them are not only intolerant, but also rude, stupid, crazy, greedy etc etc etc ^^ Especially French "Player"
But I like to think you can see good person in any culture, and deep asshole (lol first time and last time i will say an insult i swear, hate that ^^) from any country...

And well for the opposition against gay marriage, i don't know politic enough and i don't want to, but it doesn't reflect what the people think... Just a decision by old outdated politicians for france's "image"... I think xD

QuoteGood luck modding WotL; there's hardly any support available for it.

Hum oki, i don't know how to take it, but thanks you :)

Nyzer

Yep, to touch upon what she said about WotL, I'll quote myself from another introductory topic made today:

QuoteThe modding community here also hates modding WotL because WotL is, itself, a largely patchwork mod that's roughly forced to emulate in PSP format. For a lot of the more complex work possible with the PSX version, it would either have to be redone completely from scratch or is simply, flatly, impossible because WotL is fragile compared to PSX. It's a lot easier to make WotL unplayable than it is for FFT. Then, on top of that, a lot of the aspects of the new WotL content are basically untouchable by any current method of modding FFT.

The FFTPatcher and a few other utilities work just fine for WotL; things like a playable Balmafula or custom sprites are absolutely possible. But Jot5 would be more or less impossible if they'd tried using WotL for it, because WotL itself is basically a mod of its own duct-taped over basic FFT. The stuff that was always easy to edit in FFT (which is what the Patcher Suite covers) was edited/untouched the same way for WotL, more or less; anything else has either been drastically changed or now has so much depending on it that trying to mess with it causes the game to become unplayable.

For people who mod the PSX version of FFT, trying to mod WotL would be like going home at midnight with no light, all the furniture's been moved around, and there are now several tons of concrete on the roof, so putting too much pressure on the walls can cause the whole damn building to collapse on top of your head.

But if all you're after is the more basic stuff, then it's perfectly doable.

Also from that other topic:

QuoteThere is also a patch to fix the slowdown for WotL's spells
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kuro-Hime

Thanks a lot nyzer :)

So, if i want to do a new party for fun, with all the sprite i want with the advantage of wol (new donjons, new characters) It's possible? Because this is minor changement.
And then if i'm motivated to create a new story like Journey of the five, It's the psx version we need to work with?

Sound good for me o/ Psx version have a better translation xD

By the way, what tools did you use for editing a portrait please?

3lric

You can use Graphics Gale or Photoshop for editing sprites. You use shishi to import them to your FFT Image. There are tutorials for this in the spriting section.

If you are aiming to make a story mod, you would need to do the PSX version, yes.

Kuro-Hime

Xifanie

September 12, 2015, 09:36:37 am #11 Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:00:43 am by Xifanie
http://www.lapresse.ca/international/europe/201402/02/01-4734831-manifestation-contre-le-mariage-gai-a-paris.php
^ This is what I was referring to; nothing against you. Just doesn't make me very proud of my ancestors, personally.

You might want to give this a try, it will show you how much work you would have to put into your mod: http://rc.ffhacktics.com/

What I can personally say about WotL: I am by far the most knowledgeable person when it comes to modding FFT, and I hardly know anything about WotL modding (just like nearly everyone else). That's why I said "good luck": because I couldn't really offer you my help.

Angel

Modding WotL instead of FFT is like modding the PSX FFVII instead of PC; the PC version is better, has better tools, more support, and a much larger knowledge base. Kind of a shame that there isn't a PC version of FFT, now that I think on it.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Kuro-Hime

QuoteThis is what I was referring to; nothing against you. Just doesn't make me very proud of my ancestors, personally.

In the article it's mentionned "une partie de la France conservatrice"... A "Part" of the french "conservator" ^-~ But i know what you feel this is sad, and don't worry i'm not offended ^^

Thanks you for the estimator, AND for the advice against modding FFTWOL.
Well, i just want to make at least 1 party (under the "difficult patch") to get balthier and lusso, aka Kakashi-senseï xD

I'm learning even if everyting is confuse with FFT tools, FFTwol tools, some thing possible in FFT are restricted in WOL etc ^^
But when everything will be solid in my mind, i'll go for modding FFT. Especially Spritesheet and portrait :3 more than modeling weapon and create a story.

For now, just to have a visual tutorial i'm watching this:

And this one is awesome!! The best jokes are the shortest xD