• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 11:08:07 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

One of his best to date IMO AFAIK IIRC TBH.

Started by Archael, December 08, 2008, 12:16:00 am

Dormin Jake

December 17, 2008, 04:04:57 pm #40 Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 09:19:39 pm by Dormin Jake
I like my gods to be more literary characters with beginnings and ends.  In Norse mythology, Odin (not the summon) is not omnipotent nor omniscient nor omnipresent, but he tries to be.  He sacrifices his own body for seven days to get some sweet magic rune powers, he sacrifices an eye just to get a drink from the Well of Knowledge, and he sends out his birds Huginn and Muninn (Thought and Memory) to every corner of the world to gather information.  None of these powers, abilities, and knowledge comes to him innately.

And *CULTURAL SPOILERS* he dies in Ragnarok (not the sword).  Freakin' ups and dies.  Knows he's going to die, too.  Well, I'm not really sure he saw it coming when he was cut in half by Seifer near the end of FF8, but I'm not sure that's entirely canon anyway.  He's a complete character, very human, very not-quite-immortal.  

Big Bang poppin' deities are cool too, I just prefer them to keep making their clocks beyond the borders of the universe and stay relatively out of human affairs.  I'd rather gods have more character when they're turning chicks into pillars of salt.  Less absolutism, much, much more gray area.  When up to five heavily pixelated, 16-color sprites can kill a god-like being with punches and gravity bombs, that just makes for a good story.  

Pillar of salt should not be a status effect.  It has balance issues.  So does LevelFirst Born Death.  People need to start examining these issues from a gameplay perspective here.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

DarthPaul

December 17, 2008, 04:18:09 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Setzer is in ff6 man you where thinking Seifer. And that's just the thing I don't care if my god is omnipresent only that I have irrefutable proof that he exist and a thousand year old book is in no way proof unless in ever burning letters (that don't ignite anything) it says "GOD WAS HERE".

EDIT: the five heavily pixelated part made me lmao
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Jacob31593

December 17, 2008, 05:40:37 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jacob31593
is dat sum jesus?

Dormin Jake

December 17, 2008, 09:21:27 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Quote from: "darthpaul"Setzer is in ff6 man you where thinking Seifer.
Hah, thanks.  Yeah, I meant Seifer.  I was in a religious fervor, you know how that goes.  Vishnu, Ahura Mazda, what's the difference, am I right?

Post edited.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

DarthPaul

December 17, 2008, 09:23:31 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Yea it happens and it happens even more when you have dyslexia which I have but it doesn't come out online thank to double checking.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Jacob31593

December 18, 2008, 05:24:16 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jacob31593
your all going to burn in hell unless you give me money

DarthPaul

December 18, 2008, 08:40:49 am #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Then I guess I'm gonna burn in hell.

EDIT: new silentwulf helium vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMzmnuZmMXE