• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

One of his best to date IMO AFAIK IIRC TBH.

Started by Archael, December 08, 2008, 12:16:00 am

Dormin Jake

December 09, 2008, 08:10:48 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Quote from: "philsov"Because he comes off as a babbling lunatic.  Not to say he's wrong, but the presentation method is really in the same cesspool as people witnessing.
Truth.  I don't disagree with the Amazing Atheist, I'm just a little worried he's reinforcing stereotypes that fundamentalist bible-thumpers have about rational thinkers in general (i.e. it makes you scream "FUCK YOU" at the camera a lot).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Archael

December 09, 2008, 08:10:57 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
yeah, he does

that's the point of that particular video

but if you check out his other 500 something videos (tl;dr), the guy is actually fuckin smart

Dormin Jake

December 09, 2008, 08:14:57 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
I've checked out maybe 20 so far.  I really like watching them.  And I definitely know he's smart, he just occasionally really makes me cringe by carpet bombing the camera with ad hominem missiles, and I know there's a better method of presentation than that.

Still, like I said, I really like the videos.

Also, lunos damn you are fast at typing.

Archael

December 09, 2008, 08:21:20 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Lunos Lunos Lunos!!!

moonbeamz

Jacob31593

December 10, 2008, 05:40:51 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jacob31593
so, how bout those teenage girl feet?

Cheetah

December 10, 2008, 03:49:57 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
It took me a while to watch that, but it was really fucking hilarious.
Current Projects:

Archael

December 11, 2008, 01:25:13 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
haha

DarthPaul

December 11, 2008, 12:33:41 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Lolz "I wish I had a foot fetish"
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

NeedsMoreNoise

December 17, 2008, 12:51:57 pm #28 Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 01:19:35 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
It's one thing to be an Atheist, but this guy's so far up his own ass that he's really no better than those manic preachers you'd find raving in crowded city streets. The fact of the matter is you can't disprove a religion, whether it be Christianity, Muslim, Atheism, or anything else.

Besides the fact that Terroja's a pedophile and sees nothing wrong with rape:

"Having pedophilic attractions doesn't mean you automatically go out and start molesting kids. From the time I was 14 to the time I was about 19, I used to have extreme pedophilic fantasies, and I somehow managed to never even come close to acting on them."

"I seriously dobt that any particularly nasty mental scars have come about my having your ass grabbed as a 5-year-old. It's a complete social myth."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf6BfLJz-28
-TheAmazingAtheist

Jacob31593

December 17, 2008, 01:02:28 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jacob31593
Quote from: "NeedsMoreNoise"It's one thing to be an Atheist, but this guy's so far up his own ass that he's really no better than those manic preachers you'd find raving in crowded city streets. The fact of the matter is you can't disprove a religion, whether it be Christianity, Muslim, Atheism, or anything else.

"Having pedophilic attractions doesn't mean you automatically go out and start molesting kids. From the time I was 14 to the time I was about 19, I used to have extreme pedophilic fantasies, and I somehow managed to never even come close to acting on them."

I seriously dobt that any particularly nasty mental scars have come about my having your ass grabbed as a 5-year-old. It's a complete social myth.

-TheAmazingAtheist

already read on encyclopedia dramatica, dude is still win though

DarthPaul

December 17, 2008, 01:58:55 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "NeedsMoreNoise"It's one thing to be an Atheist, but this guy's so far up his own ass that he's really no better than those manic preachers you'd find raving in crowded city streets. The fact of the matter is you can't disprove a religion, whether it be Christianity, Muslim, Atheism, or anything else.

"I seriously dobt that any particularly nasty mental scars have come about my having your ass grabbed as a 5-year-old. It's a complete social myth."

-TheAmazingAtheist

But he doesn't force atheism on you if you don't like it don't watch the vids.  Priests though will try their hardest to convert you if you aren't their religion "or you will be doomed for damnation in hell". Which is a lie cause even though I'm not baptist anymore I was still baptized and "saved" so if I go to hell then god is a liar. *Gets struck by lightning.* And why the hell is lightning the holy symbol of god anyway, It's such a violent symbol for ambivalence.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

philsov

December 17, 2008, 02:31:20 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "NeedsMoreNoise"The fact of the matter is you can't disprove a religion, whether it be Christianity, Muslim, Atheism, or anything else.

Of course not, its impossible to prove a negative.  

In fact, "no belief" is, logically, the default position and the burden of proof is therefore on the shoulders of those claiming otherwise.  What this guy aims to do is refute the points, thereby destorying the religious (in this case, like most angstheists, Christianity) argument which causes the soft atheism viewpoint to win by default.

How well he manages to do so is another story, but "well it can't be disproven" is NEVER an acceptable reason for believing in anything.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

DarthPaul

December 17, 2008, 02:35:04 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
The funny part is atheism has a lot of proof going for it, but other religions refute that by saying it's "gods design".  So there is no right and wrong until you

die

why can't we all just get along ..... especially you Muslims.

philsov

December 17, 2008, 02:41:02 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteThe funny part is atheism has a lot of proof going for it

Like?

DarthPaul

December 17, 2008, 02:45:20 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I'm talking the whole big bang and evolution route that proves all the religions bibles wrong......well not all but the more popular one........Scientology is stupid

NeedsMoreNoise

December 17, 2008, 03:04:31 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "darthpaul"I'm talking the whole big bang and evolution route that proves all the religions bibles wrong......
Not all religions are defined specifically by their bible. Actually, there are many who believe evolution and religion can go hand in hand. They say their deity/force of nature created by use of evolution.

As for the big bang, what do you believe was the setting before that atom created the universe?

philsov

December 17, 2008, 03:22:14 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "darthpaul"I'm talking the whole big bang and evolution route that proves all the religions bibles wrong......well not all but the more popular one........Scientology is stupid

No, it just disproves a fundamental/literal viewpoint.  The Catholic church, for example, recognizes evolution no problem.

http://www.newadvent.org/library/docs_jp02tc.htm

But once again, if anything, that sort of proof just causes some of the christian arguments to be countered.  It really isn't proof FOR atheism, in the same sense that "not black" isn't the same color as white.

Dormin Jake

December 17, 2008, 03:28:35 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
The Big Bang is actually kinda one of the staple foundations of rationality-based monotheism and deism.  The idea of something causing the birth of the universe without itself being a cause of some other action is the basis for the Prime Mover, an idea that goes all the way back to Plato's time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmological_argument

Evolution is just badass in its own right, and really has no connection to religion other than it contradicting the strictly fundamentalist Christian notion that their god's design was perfect from the get-go.  There are other religions that are very casual toward the theory of evolution.

EDIT: Okay, so Philsov beat me to the evolution point.  I therefore SECOND HIS STATEMENT, which makes it fact.

philsov

December 17, 2008, 03:38:11 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteThe Big Bang is actually kinda one of the staple foundations of rationality-based monotheism and deism. The idea of something causing the birth of the universe without itself being a cause of some other action is the basis for the Prime Mover, an idea that goes all the way back to Socrates' time.

The big difference of course being a matter of will -- a naked big bang is a reactionary and absurd action while a big bang at the end of a supernatural string is done out of reason and purpose.  And therein lies the brunt of the conflict.  Fnord.

DarthPaul

December 17, 2008, 03:42:21 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "NeedsMoreNoise"
Quote from: "darthpaul"I'm talking the whole big bang and evolution route that proves all the religions bibles wrong......
Not all religions are defined specifically by their bible. Actually, there are many who believe evolution and religion can go hand in hand. They say their deity/force of nature created by use of evolution.

As for the big bang, what do you believe was the setting before that atom created the universe?

I'm not sure what I believe that's the overall part of being agnostic, I just don't know maybe there is a god maybe there isn't I don't have evidence that speaks to or against the contrary. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt so I try not to. Also just thinking of how a "god" could come to exist if everything has to have a beginning, but that truth doesn't ever explain how that singularity came to exist because it had to have a beginning.  With that mentality I can't explain anything without looping infinitely into the past and there we go my head hurts now :(.