• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:38:57 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT Arena Beta 139c

Started by FFMaster, August 04, 2010, 06:11:37 pm

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Gaignun

Thanks, FFMaster.

50% is what it felt like.  You might want to add that on your list of changes for the next master's guide update.  50% makes for a pretty useful weapon!

Fantactic1316

Just saw an Ice Brand proc the Geomancy skill Water Ball.
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

The Damned

(Ice Brand is proc-ing the new Black Magic[k] spell "Water", actually. Water just uses Water Ball's animation due to a lack of watery [natural] animations given how sparse Water element was in Vanilla anyway. [/Water])

Never (read: Always) fear! My squandering of productive time is (finally) here!

So...that thing I "promised" two days ago that would be done in "four-ish" hours is finally done. "That thing" was basically cataloging all of ARENA 138c through FFTPatcher and looking for flaws. As such, even given my own tendency to fuck up tremendously, this should at least somewhat help FFMaster with 138d and explain a few of the weird(er) things people have been seeing in testing.

Let it be noted that due to only looking at FFTPatcher, which took "forever" by itself, this does take into account the accuracy or inaccuracy of "proc" percentages or of formulas that have been edited in. FFMaster (or someone else) will have to test those.

(I didn't look over job stats because I'm still horrible at those. I also didn't look over the RSMs JP costs because...I got lazy after checking all the ones for active abilities and everything else.)

In effort to be "concise", I'll try to be minimalism about this. As much for FFMaster's "sake", since I'm not sure if wants me posting his entire Item Attribute layout and such, as it is to just be done with this since I have a bunch of work I should have started a while ago rather than doing this; this isn't to say that as a means of trying to make anyone feel guilty, but rather just pointing out how atrociously I (mis)manage time.

So, quotation abuse aside, I'll essentially just be posting everything I saw that seems incorrect or that I have a question about, section by section. Then I'll end with some suggestions that may or may not be related to what I found.

Before I forget, I should out that I did my observations so that the errors were in CAPITALS in my notes so that they were easier to spot when going back through this. So I apologize beforehand if it makes it seems like on top of my other keyboard abuses, I'm not abusing Caps Lock; as with most of my typing-based horrors, it was entirely manual anyway:

Most things seem as they should be here.

SKILL SETS
SQUIRE: For some reason, Masamune is listed after Ultima despite the fact that Squire shouldn't have Masamune at all and that Samurai already, appropriately, has Masamune. (Also, someone said that they saw Squire having MP Switch, but it doesn't show up for me when I look in FFTPatcher.)

TIME MAGE: Assuming that Sunken State is what was made into "Chrono Trigger", Time Mage actually does have it in its RSMs. As such, I'm not sure why it doesn't show up to some people, unless people are just saying it doesn't show up in the Master Guide, which is currently true.

NINJA: This however does still have Sunken State in its RSMs, so I'm not really sure if this is "Chrono Trigger".

Most things are as they should be here given that most of them were left to their redundant vanilla states.

That said, there is one important thing missing here: ISC 9 IS STILL ALL BLIND RATHER THAN ALL DON'T ACT & HASTE; ALL DON'T ACT & HASTE OTHERWISE DOESN'T EXIST.

Geez, you really don't have any space left here. Originally I thought you had maybe up to 5 or even 6 spaces left, but that was due to my forgetting about the items associated with them. Then I thought you had maybe 1 left, but that's because I completely forgot Initial: Haste belonged to Masamune (despite being the one to suggest the current 138 Katana alongside Raven).

Anyway, nothing is "wrong" here per se. As such, I'll mostly just be pointing interesting things or things I was uncertain about (at one point):

ITEM ATTRIBUTES
05. Initial: Haste. [WHAT HAS THIS STILL IN ARENA?] [Masamune]

11. Always: Reraise & Slow; Immune: Dead, Undead, Haste & Death Sentence; Initial: Regen. [WAIT; WHY DOES THIS HAVE INITIAL REGEN? AND WHY IS THAT NOT SHOWN ON THE FORUMS WHEN PHOENIX BLADE IS ALREADY SUSPECT.] [Phoenix Blade]

25. Absorb, Half & Weak: Holy; Immune: Dead & Death Sentence. [MUST BE CHAMELEON ROBE; DOOMED IMMUNITY ISN'T SHOWN ON FORUMS.] [Chameleon Robe]

2A. MA +1; Immune: Silence. [WHAT STILL HAS THIS?][Aegis Shield]

36. Absorb: Water; Immune: Dead, Silence, Berserk, Sleep & Death Sentence. [THIS SHOULD HAVE HALF & WEAK WATER AS WELL MOST LIKELY.] [Defense Ring]

39. Immune: Dead, Blind & Death Sentence; Initial: Reraise. [DEATH SENTENCE IMMUNITY NOT ON FORUMS.] [Angel Ring]

3A. PA +1, MA +1; Absorb: Earth; Immune: Oil & Slow. [GREAT. I ALMOST SKIPPED THIS. LIKE THE NEW DEFENSE RING, THIS IS ALSO LIKELY MISSING HALF & WEAK EARTH.] [Diamond Armlet]

3F. Always: Protect. [WHAT IS THIS USED ON?] [Cherche]

40. Speed +2. [WHAT IS THIS USED ON?] [Javelin]

42. Move +2. [WHAT IS THIS USED ON?] [Germinas Boots]

43. Always: Shell. [WHAT IS THIS USED ON?] [Setiemson]

45. Strengthen: Water. [CURRENTLY NOT USED ON ANYTHING DUE TO AN ERROR WITH CORAL SWORD.]

46. Immune: Dead, Confusion, Silence, Chicken, Poison, Slow, Don't Move & Death Sentence. [THIS REALLY "ONLY" BLOCKS DEAD, SILENCE, POISON, SLOW & DON'T MOVE.] [Barette]

I actually did these last given I figured they'd take the longest, even moreso than Abilities. Having did equipment backward and Abilities only slightly beforehand, I was proven correct.

I also figured that these would have the most errors, which I was also proven correct on. Given all you had to change over, though, there are still only a moderate number at best. So good job.

Some of these are related to things that are only errors in the Master Guide as well. Also keep in mind that, as I said, I couldn't see the modified "proc" rates of any of these, someone else needs to check those at least:

KNIVES [IN FFTPATCHER]
02 Dual Cutters: [PROBLEM: P-EV IS 5% INSTEAD OF 15%.]

03 Repel Knife: [PROBLEMS: P-EV IS 5% INSTEAD OF 15%; ISC for All Don't Act & Haste doesn't exist.]

04 Mage Masher: [PROBLEM: P-EV IS 5% INSTEAD OF 15%.]

NINJA SWORDS [IN FFTPATCHER]
0B Hidden Knife: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH 2 HANDS.]

0C Ninja Knife: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH 2 HANDS.]

0D Short Edge: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH 2 HANDS.]

0E Ninja Edge: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH 2 HANDS.]

11 Iga Knife: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH 2 HANDS.]

12 Koga Knife: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH 2 HANDS.]

SWORDS [IN FFTPATCHER FOR ALL BUT RUNE BLADE; IN MASTER GUIDE FOR PHOENIX BLADE AND LAST TWO.]
13 Phoenix Blade: [PROBLEMS: SHOWS UP AS ON FORUM AS 10% EVADE INSTEAD OF 25%; HAS INITIAL REGEN UNDER IA #11; IMMUNITY TO DEATH SENTENCE ALSO NOT SHOW UNDER IA #11.]

18 Coral Sword: [PROBLEM: HAS IA #00 INSTEAD OF IA #45.]

1C Shieldrender: [PROBLEM: HAS 10% P-EV INSTEAD OF 5%.]

1D Ice Brand: [PROBLEMS: STILL HAS ONLY 13 WP, NOT 14; STILL CASTS ICE 2 (NOW WATER) INSTEAD OF ICE (ICE 2).]

1E Rune Blade: [PROBLEM: TWO HANDS SHOULD BE YES AND TWO SWORDS SHOULD BE NO ON FORUMS.]

1F Lionheart: [PROBLEMS: TWO HANDS SHOULD BE YES AND TWO SWORDS SHOULD BE NO ON FORUMS; STILL USING ISC 10 TO INFLICT FROG WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE ISC 00.]

KNIGHT SWORDS [IN MASTER GUIDE]
25 Chaos Blade: ["PROBLEM": RERAISE IS SLIGHTLY MISPELLED HERE AS "RERIASE" ON THE FORUMS; THAT'S ALL.]

KATANA
ALL CLEAR.

AXES
ALL CLEAR.

RODS [IN FFTPATCHER]
35 Flame Rod: [PROBLEM: STILL CASTS FIRE 2 (NOW NETHER FIRE), INSTEAD OF FIRE 3 (NOW FIRE 2).]

36 Ice Rod: [PROBLEM: LIKE ICE BRAND, STILL CASTS ICE 2 (NOW WATER) INSTEAD OF ICE (NOW ICE 2).]

STAVES [IN MASTER GUIDE]
3E Rainbow Staff: [PROBLEM: SHOULD BE NON-ELEMENTAL ON FORUMS SINCE IT'S NO LONGER ALL ELEMENTS.]

FLAILS [IN FFTPATCHER]
43 Sadist's Whip: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH 2 HANDS.]

44 Spiked Futon: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH 2 HANDS.]

45 Aspergillum: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH 2 HANDS.]

46 Scorpion Tail: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH 2 HANDS.]

GUNS
ALL CLEAR.

CROSSBOWS
ALL CLEAR.

LONGBOWS [IN MASTER GUIDE]
57 Windslash Bow: ["PROBLEM": PLEASE STATE HURRICANE IS WIND ELEMENT EVEN IF IT SEEMS UTTERLY OBVIOUS.]

HARPS
ALL CLEAR.

BOOKS [IN FFTPATCHER]
5F Necronomicon: [PROBLEM: HAS ONLY 5% W-EV INSTEAD OF 10%.]

60 Monster Dict: [PROBLEM: HAS ONLY 5% W-EV INSTEAD OF 10%.]

61 Papyrus Plate: [PROBLEM: HAS ONLY 5% W-EV INSTEAD OF 10%.]

62 Madlemgen: [PROBLEM: HAS ONLY 5% W-EV INSTEAD OF 10%.]

SPEARS [IN FFTPATCHER FOR TWO HANDS EXCEPT HOLY LANCE; IN MASTER GUIDE FOR BRACELETS]
64 Spear: [PROBLEMS: PLEASE SHOW BRACELETS USE MA*Y WITH Y = 8; STILL USABLE WITH TWO HANDS.]

65 Mythril Spear: [PROBLEMS: PLEASE SHOW BRACELETS USE MA*Y WITH Y = 8; STILL USABLE WITH TWO HANDS.]

66 Partisan: [PROBLEMS: PLEASE SHOW BRACELETS USE MA*Y WITH Y = 8; STILL USABLE WITH TWO HANDS.]

67 Obelisk: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH TWO HANDS.]

68 Holy Lance: ["PROBLEM": PLEASE SHOW HOLY BRACELET'S FORMULAS AS WITH THE OTHERS.]

69 Dragon Whisker: [PROBLEM: STILL USABLE WITH TWO HANDS.]

STICKS
ALL CLEAR.

BAGS
ALL CLEAR.

CLOTHS
ALL CLEAR.

These are all as they're supposed to be from my checking. I could have missed something, but they all seem fine.

These all also seem entirely fine. Only things to talk about here would Hair Adornments, which I'm going to leave alone until 139 as I said, and Chameleon Robe. Please note that Chameleon Robe is immune to Death Sentence via IA #25 in the Master Guide.

These are similarly all also seemingly fine aside from a few Item Attribute things that were pointed out earlier, at least when it comes to things I want to discuss right now:

RINGS [IN FFTPATCHER FOR DEFENSE RING; IN MASTER GUIDE FOR ANGEL RING]
DC Defense Ring: Absorb: Water; Immune: Dead, Silence, Berserk, Sleep & Death Sentence. [PROBLEM: IA #36 DOESN'T HAVE NEUTRALITY TO WATER ON ITS ABSORPTION, THOUGH THIS CAN'T REALLY BE ABUSED ANYWAY SINCE NOTHING IS WEAK TO WATER.]

DF Angel Ring: Immune: Dead, Blind & Death Sentence; Initial: Reraise. ["PROBLEM": NOT NOTED AS BEING IMMUNE TO DEATH SENTENCE ON THE FORUMS]

ARMLETS [IN FFTPATCHER]
E0 Diamond Armlet: PA +1, MA +1; Absorb: Earth; Immune: Oil & Slow. [PROBLEM: IA #3A IS SIMILARLY NOT NEUTRAL TO EARTH, WHICH IS A GOOD DEAL MORE POTENTIALLY ABUSIVE DUE TO GOLD SHIELDS BEING WEAK TO EARTH. PLEASE FIX.]

I almost forgot to note these since I did them first of all the equipment. Everything as it should be here, including that neat Potion "trick".

I did these second to last because I figured they would take a while, which they did. I'll still be doing this by class/job of course rather than just listing individual skills by their lonesome. Again, these don't count RSMs' JP cost even though I looked over the JP costs of all active abilities:

SQUIRE [IN MASTER GUIDE?]
1. THROW STONE HAS VERT 2 INSTEAD OF "0" IN FFTPATCHER.

CHEMIST
ALL CLEAR.

PALADIN [IN FFTPATCHER]
1. RERAISE ONLY HAS RANGE 3 INSTEAD OF RANGE 4 AND CT 0.

ARCHER [IN FFTPATCHER?]
1. GIL TAKING (COVER FIRE) USES FORMULA 32, WHICH MAY BE SLIGHTLY STRONGER THAN INTENDED IF THE 3 WASN'T EDITED OUT OR ELSE Y SHOULD REALLY BE 67, NOT 70.

MONK [IN ????]
(1. MONK has very little changed and I'm not even sure if it's still supposed to be quadratic or go (doubly?) by Fury, so I "skipped" it.)

PRIEST [IN FFTPATCHER]
1. IS REGEN STILL SUPPOSED TO HAVE JP COST EQUAL TO 50 NOW THAT IT'S AOE 2?

2. THE AI'S BEHAVIOR IS STILL CHECKED OFF TO MAKE IT THINK THAT WALL IS AFFECTED BY FAITH.

3. DIA STILL IGNORES SILENCE DESPITE BEING IN WHITE MAGIC(K) NOW.

4. HOLY HAS CT 4 INSTEAD OF CT 5.

WIZARD [IN FFTPATCHER FOR NETHER SPELLS, BOLT, POISON'S JP COST AND FROG'S AI BEHAVIOR; IN MASTER GUIDE FOR ALL ELSE]
1. APPARENTLY ALL NETHER SPELLS ARE STILL CHECKED OFF AS BEING "AFFECTED BY FAITH" IN THE AI'S BEHAVIOR, WHICH KINDA DEFEATS THE POINT.

2. FIRE 4 (Now BOLT) USES UP ONLY 8 MP INSTEAD OF 17 MP.

3. BOTH FIRE 4 (Now BOLT) AND BOLT (Now NETHER BOLT) ARE STILL EVADEABLE AS THEY SHOULD BE DESPITE WHAT THE MASTER GUIDE SAYS (OR DOESN'T).

4. SIMILARLY, POISON IS STILL SAID TO BE EVADEABLE IN THE MASTER GUIDE WHEN IT (UNFORTUNATELY) NO LONGER IS.

5. MEANWHILE, FROG IS STILL EVADEABLE DESPITE WHAT THE MASTER GUIDE SAID.

6. FROG'S AI BEHAVIOR HAS ITS CANCEL STATUS UNCHECKED FOR SOME REASON, WHICH MEANS THAT AI WILL (PROBABLY) NO LONGER USE FROG TO "UN-FROG" ITSELF IF FROGGED. GRANTED THAT IT'S RARE, BUT IT SEE NO POINT IN HAVING CHANGED THIS.

7. POISON'S JP COST STILL SHOWN AS 50 JP ON FORUMS DESPITE BEING MOVED BACK UP TO 150 JP IN FFTPATCHER? OR IS IT REALLY SUPPOSED TO BE 50 JP LIKE THE IMPROVED REGEN WITH ITS 50 JP COST DESPITE AOE 2?

TIME MAGE [IN FFTPATCHER FOR ALL BUT BALANCE; IN MASTER GUIDE FOR BALANCE]
1. HASTE STILL HAS NO VERTICAL INSTEAD OF THE VERT 1 IT HAS DISPLAYED AND SHOULD NOW HAVE.

2. SLOW SIMILARLY STILL HAS NO VERTICAL INSTEAD OF THE VERT 1 IT HAS DISPLAYED AND SHOULD NOW HAVE.

3. REFLECT (SINKHOLE) ONLY DOES 20% DMG, NOT 25%.

4. BALANCE'S MP COST IS INDEED ALREADY CHANGED TO 15 (FROM 24); IT JUST IS ACCIDENTALLY IN THE ELEMENT COLUMN ON THE FORUM.

5. DEMI 2'S CT IS STILL 6 INSTEAD OF ITS NEW 4 CT.

SUMMONER [IN MASTER GUIDE?]
1. MOOGLE'S MP SHOWN AS 3 MP IN MASTER GUIDE WHEN IT IS 9 MP IN FFTPATCHER.

2. ODIN IS INDEED INCORRECTLY LISTED AS NOT BEING DARK ELEMENT NOW.

THIEF [IN FFTPATCHER]
1. HOLY EXPLOSION (HERETIC) DOES NOT HAVE "TARGET MAP" IN ITS AI BEHAVIOR AS ACCUMULATE AND ALACRITY DO AND ITS AI BEHAVIOR SAYS THAT AFFECTS HP AS WELL.

2. (Gaignun pointed this out) STEAL ACCESSORY IS STILL BEING AFFECTED BY PHYSICAL EVASION DESPITE THE MASTER GUIDE SAYING OTHERWISE.

(3. IS BAD LUCK'S ISC 78 SUPPOSED TO SEPARATE, WHICH IT CURRENTLY IS, OR RANDOM?)

MEDIATOR
ALL CLEAR.

ORACLE [IN MASTER GUIDE?]
1. BLIND STILL SAYS THAT ITS MA IS MULTIPLIED BY TWO IN THE MASTER GUIDE.

(2. SPELL ABSORB...NEVER ORIGINALLY CHECKED FOR UNDEAD REVERSE? HUNH.)

GEOMANCER
ALL CLEAR.

LANCER
ALL CLEAR.

SAMURAI
ALL CLEAR.

NINJA [IN FFTPATCHER?]
1. ITS RANGE IS 6 IN FFTPATCHER WHEREAS IT SHOULD ONLY BE RANGE 5 NOW ACCORDING TO THE MASTER GUIDE.

SCHOLAR [IN MASTER GUIDE]
1. MAELSTROM IS INDEED WATER ELEMENTAL, JUST NOT LIST AS SUCH IN THE MASTER GUIDE.

(2. IS BIO 3 SUPPOSED TO USE ISC 59: SEPARATE UNDEAD?)

BARD [IN MASTER GUIDE?]
1. LAST SONG'S PERCENTAGE IS 34%, NOT THE ADVERTISED 50% (THANKFULLY).

DANCER
ALL CLEAR. (ASIDE FROM FFMASTER NOTICING THAT MAYBE HE DIDN'T LET THE MODIFICATION TO 1D ADD STATUS.)

THERE.

Excuse me. There.

Now, I'll just suggest about a dozen things and be on my way to...homework. Hurray:

As aforementioned, I'll inevitably be repeating some things here that I've said over the past week (or more). This is not because I like to nag you, though that's a perk, and more because I'm too lazy to want to look up things right now given how long its taken to type things up as it is, including this.

That said, I'll first state what I'm not going to talk about here: Headbands/Hair Adornment balancing, Hidden Knife vs. Sasuke Knife, Harp balancing, Stick balancing, Sprint Shoes and Quickening. All of that stuff can wait until 139 or at least a later version of 138:

1. First and foremost, please uniformly change all instances of "Darkness" to "Blind" (or vice versa). As I've said before, I prefer "Blind" to "DarknesS", but ultimately I just think it would nice to have consistency.

2. Related to that, given the pattern I noticed, please both note that all equipment that blocks Dead (currently) also blocks Death Sentence. That seems more a lot more efficient than just stating offhand that you're not (?) using the "Death Sentence ignores Black: Dead" hack.

3. This is extremely nitpicky, but when it comes to status, please change Necromonicon's instance of "Add: Zombie" to "Add: Undead" given that Undead is the name of the status and Zombie the name of the spell. There's enough potential confusion with the various "Add: Petrify/Sleep/Stop" instances without that being part of it.

4. If Oil does indeed get around absorption, please note that somewhere visible.

5. Similarly, please note the formulas for the Bracelet/Breath procs on Spears and, even if it's obvious, that Hurricane is Wind elemental (if you meant it to be). You did it for most things after I nagged you for months (and interestingly did it for Magic Ruin, despite that being a usable ability people can clearly see the formula of), so I think it's "fair" to ask you to do for everything that isn't readily useable by the player/AI.

6. I'm not sure what Regen and Poison are actually supposed to cost after noticing the differences between them in FFTPatcher and in the Master Guide. However, I think I may have a compromise: Please make them both cost 100 JP since there's really no reason something with AoE 2 should be 50 JP. If you want to make them both 150 JP, though, please feel more than free to do so.

7. Somewhat related to that, I take back what I said about Kiyomori possibly needing a "nerf" after remembering it was AoE 1 and no longer AoE 2; I'm now ambivalent as to whether it is affected by magic(k)al evade or not. That said, as discussed, please make Bizen Boat subject to magic(k)al evasion.

8. Please change Alacrity's name to "Focus". People seemed to agree that "Focus" seemed better than "Alacrity", at least given what "Alacrity" does. If you really must use "Alacrity" for something (and really is a nice word), then you could use it for Critical Quick or even Speed Save, which would make more sense really.

9. Please, please, "nerf" Dia a bit. It really needs at least a CT or something now that it's part of White Magic(k), especially if Holy itself is evadeable. It certainly at least needs to be subject to Silence now that it's part of White Magick; personally I think that Reraise should still be subject to Silence even if it's part of Paladin now, but that might just be me.

10. And we'll end an extremely nitpicky note: Please change Ramia Harp to Lamia Harp. I've nagged you about that probably the longest of anything, but you only got around to changing Oberisk to Obelisk. It's terribly unimportant, but it just seems quite...inconsistent to fix one of them and not the others. (That said, I can understand not fixing the other Book names or the Bracelet names.)

By Zomalla, I am Always: Slow.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

Anything that blocks Dead also blocking Death Sentence is covered in the Master Guide waaaaaaaaaaaay at the top if you read the header.  As far as Arena is concerned, Dead = Death Sentence, so blocking Death Sentence is only important to have noted on some specific items like Phoenix Blade.

As for Poison and Regen spells, Poison probably costs too much JP and could go down to 100, it's important you remember that lone-inflicting of Regen is extremely weak and that just because things are opposite does not mean they are equal.  Poison's better than Regen, and Poison's lasting beyond death has a far more meaningful effect than Regen's, allowing Poison to have a unique role in its skillset where Regen is often overshadowed by hard-healing Cure spells.  Regen's low cost to high area ratio is its main selling point over Cure spells, the things its actually competing against.  Its JP cost in relation to Poison is irrelevant and to try to make it relevant is stupid and dumb and getting hung up on the fact the status effects are opposed instead of how the spells and status effects themselves actually affect the game.

The Damned

(Uh, I'm not seeing the Dead = Death Sentence anywhere in the Master Guide. Please link to what I apparently am blind to.)

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that Regen and Poison be 100 JP just for parity. I was also  probably because I think Regen (the spell) is slightly stronger than you seem to be describing. I'm aware that it has to compete with the Cures, but alternately, the Cures are a lot more reliant on Faith for constant healing, whereas Regen is arguably a lot more useful for lower-faith units...after it hits of course. Still, in that sense, Regen has consistency compared to Cure, especially if you're not facing units (turned) Undead.

Of course, in that sense Regen has to compete with Draw Out in the form of both Murasame and Masamune, skills that many people see as overpowered. As such, I'm fine with deferring towards your suggestions and having it stay at 50 JP, especially if that's what FFMaster meant in the first place.

I was ultimately just trying to point out the ambiguities I saw and both Regen & Poison were among those. Not of my suggestions are mandates or anything.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

QuoteOh, I wasn't suggesting that Regen and Poison be 100 JP just for parity. I was also  probably because I think Regen (the spell) is slightly stronger than you seem to be describing. I'm aware that it has to compete with the Cures, but alternately, the Cures are a lot more reliant on Faith for constant healing, whereas Regen is arguably a lot more useful for lower-faith units...after it hits of course. Still, in that sense, Regen has consistency compared to Cure, especially if you're not facing units (turned) Undead.

That doesn't make sense. On low faith units, or any faith level, Cure is the more constant healing source because it *can't* miss. I guarantee you whatever Cure is healing is going to heal more than what Regen is going to heal that turn, barring high HP builds and/or criminally low faith. I'd rather heal for less that 1/8 HP per turn then miss two times in a row.

Regen is only good for pre-fight buffing, damage prevention and minimizing, rather than directly countering damage.

The Damned

(I am officially on "hiatus" for at least the next three days after the post that follows this one in the Stat/Ability thread. Just FYI.)

Never said that Regen (the spell) was better a directly countering damage, at least in an instant fashion.

For the record, agreeing to disagree or no, I was thinking about high HP builds and/or "criminally low Faith" builds (read: 40 since that's nadir here). Why would you use Regen (the spell) with any other type of builds except maybe to try to directly counter its "opposite" of Poison, which you're better off doing with Esuna (or Masamune) or just straight out blocking via equipment?

That is a mostly rhetorical question, but feel to answer it if you really want in the week I'm not going to be around. Just try not to fill this page up talking about something as insignificant as Regen (the spell).

Malroth

Are there any Free Support ability slots?  If so I think Equip Ribbon purchasable from Monk would be a godsend to many caster builds.

RavenOfRazgriz

Ribbons could simply be added into Equip Clothing.  A long time ago I wanted Harps added to Equip Magegear, Cloths to Equip Pole, and Ribbons to Equip Clothing but FFMaster was against it.

The Damned, just... what did I read?  Regen (spell) is arguably better on units it can't even consistently HIT, and will likely cause you to waste 2+ turns adding it onto the unit to begin with and then will do nothing until after that unit will get its own turn?  That's just... what the fuck logic is that.  The main purposes of Regen (the spell) are opening with a party-wide Regen buff (something a lone Masamune can't do anymore), being a wide-area Poison wipe (a more relevant use now), and giving Priests something that can be used to heal Undead allies, even if very poorly.  Unlike Poison (spell), its a lot more niche and less useful, so the low cost allows you to grab it as a buff alternative to Protect 2 or Shell 2 if you're low on JP.  (Two other, more powerful buffs with the same area of effect its also competing with within the same skillset.)

And don't you tell me what to not fill up this page with mister, you've filled up pages with far less worthwhile things with your giant walls of 4d6+10 tl;dr! :v

The Damned

(Hmmm...I really need to calculate hit rates more. Anyway, back.)

Yeah, I am all for Hair Adornment being part of Equip Clothing or...at least I was given that I can understand the hesitance about adding it to that. It would basically give any unit access to every elemental absorption and almost all status blocking in just their body and head slots respectively rather than one or the other.

Oddly, despite them already still arguably being the superior "Equip" abilities, I'd maybe more comfortable with Hair Adornments on Equip Armor or Equip Shield since the former at least already blocks status and the latter's absorption comes with drawbacks (and Barrette & especially Ribbon are basically a status shields).

Regardless, I'd much rather Hair Adornments--oh, right, "Headbands"--be overhauled anyway in terms of their properties as well. Accessibility overhauling is tricky as well, but at present, Monks will literally never use the first "Headband" since they don't need MP as it is, much less that MP, especially compared to status protection...which Ribbon still monopolizes the useful ones of over Barette. They also probably shouldn't have that much HP, really, but I promised FFMaster I'd leave this alone until 138d came out, so....

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on September 11, 2012, 08:13:08 pmAnd don't you tell me what to not fill up this page with mister, you've filled up pages with far less worthwhile things with your giant walls of 4d6+10 tl;dr! :v

Hey! You aren't allowed to point that out when you already have a valid point! :p

Anyway, Equip Polearms getting Cloths and Equip Magegear getting Harps is something I'm surprisingly ambivalent about despite having also thought about it. I can understand wanting both to remain "signature" weapons of Dancer and Bard respectively, especially since Cloths are basically more defensive accessories (like P Bag) than weapons at this point. Similarly, Equip Magegear getting Harps would really still just be "Equip Bloody Strings" at this point due to it still outstripping Ramia Harp and Fairy Harp in terms of usefulness.

That said, I wouldn't oppose either of them getting buffed up like that, especially since Equip Polearms is especially lackluster with the way Sticks are now that most of them lack the ability to be used with Two Hands. Not that I want them get Two Hands back and go back to the idiotic OHKOing machines they were in 133; I call them idiotic now because of anything FFMaster did since they were like that from vanilla. This is especially true in the case of Gokuu Rod since that would currently be pretty stupid if it were viable for damage on a class that it didn't actively sabotage the abilities of it (or if it did enough damage to forgo those abilities).

Dokurider

I disagree on Barette being less useful than Ribbon. Barette blocks the more common statuses that can be just as disruptive, like Poison, Slow and Don't Move. But I agree on Headband, since it doesn't have a use on the Monks now, and it certainly won't when every class can use it.

FFMaster

Uploaded new version and updated/fixed tables. Tell me if there is anything wrong.

The Damned

(Thanks for getting this out so quickly. I figured you were still going to be working on it for a bit.)

As the eternal killjoy, I figure that I'll point out the few flaws I still saw in the Master Guide in a quick scan of it independent of opening up 138d in FFTPatcher before I forget (and before anyone else can comment with anything positive):

1. Chaos Blade's instance of Reraise is still slightly misspelled as "Reriase".

2. Mythril Helmet's instance of Immune is still slightly misspelled as "Immunel".

3. Angel Ring's colon after "Initial" is instead currently a semi-colon.

I think there was one more thing* in equipment, but like all of the above, it's very minor, especially compared to the issues from just the previous version. I didn't notice any problems in Abilities or RSMs this time. So congrats on getting most of that, especially since you even did the ability-description for procs that I kept nagging you about; if anyone blames you for Spears' section being kinda ugly looking now, then feel free to point them at me. Same with the Death Sentence stuff.

Thanks again.

*This of course isn't counting the "All or Nothing: Blind or Darkness" thing or "Ramia Harp" still being existent rather than "Lamia Harp", but both of those can still wait (as with "Headbands" and Hidden Knife).

Ryason55

Problem: Move-MP Up (and assumably Move-HP Up too) is broken. Absolutely no recovery after moving. Noticed this when my mage who had the ability ran out the MP required to perform even an MP recovery skill.

FFMaster

Added a fix to Move HP/MP Up. Was a very small change, so I made it an xml.

Barren

what do you do with the xml once you download it?
You dare cross blades with me?

FFMaster

Put it in the same folder as fftpatcher and open orgASM to patch.

Malroth

what is this orgASM program and where do i find it, google has failed me.

FFMaster