• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

August 19, 2022, 05:45:25 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

ASM Requests

Started by The Damned, October 29, 2014, 09:16:45 pm

darkskyx

April 09, 2022, 08:42:06 am #380 Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 11:03:18 am by darkskyx
  • Could be possible to add a new job?
If that's not possible:
  • It is possible to change the code so Mimes or Onion Knights can set more skills, reactions...  so they will work like a normal unit?
If all of that is possible:
  • It is possible to make it for the PSP version?

• Modding version: WotL

Talcall

Possible to add a new (I'm assuming generic) job? theoretically with a little bit of fuckery
Possible to change the code to give mimes or onion knights skills? ot even remotely in the realm of reasonability. it would take a restructure of every instruction in the game's assembly.
Possible to make it for PSP? even less so.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

stardragoon9

Request an ASM hack to give Accumulation both PA and MA boost simutanously

Needed a separate ability from Scream

Thanks
  • Modding version: PSX

Orkney

Hi,

Here. Tested only by patching a save state. It should work the same patched to an ISO.

stardragoon9

Quote from: Orkney on May 13, 2022, 08:18:22 amHi,

Here. Tested only by patching a save state. It should work the same patched to an ISO.

Thank you so much, I shall report to you if I've encounter any problem!

stardragoon9

May 23, 2022, 11:13:42 pm #385 Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 08:35:35 am by stardragoon9
I don't know if this is possible with our current knowledge, but I wish to make a character within the player formation (not limited to ENTD) to permanently immune to certain status effect, not tied to job, meaning the character is free to change job but still maintain the immunities.

If this is not possible, I wish to request an ASM, that allow a blank R/S/M ability (specifically ability ID 01FE or 01FF) to be able to grant status immunity of choice, the reason for this instead of using equipment is because I wish to give uniqueness for that character, which only he/she could learn that ability

My thanks

nitwit

Quote from: stardragoon9 on May 23, 2022, 11:13:42 pmI don't know if this is possible with our current knowledge, but I wish to make a character within the player formation (not limited to ENTD) to permanently immune to certain status effect, not tied to job, meaning the character is free to change job but still maintain the immunities.

If this is not possible, I wish to request an ASM, that allow a blank R/S/M ability (specifically ability ID 01FE or 01FF) to be able to grant status immunity of choice, the reason for this instead of using equipment is because I wish to give uniqueness for that character, which only he/she could learn that ability

My thanks
Emmy has an asm hack in Emmy.xml, usable with FFTOrgASM, that says:
QuoteSlot 0x1c8 = Immunity to all negative stat changes

Requires Tying it all together 1.  Requires Disable Equip X/Female equips (if you want to keep this ability on the same slot I used and not stack with vanilla's effect, otherwise move its slot).  Purpose of this routine is to make stat change formulas stack properly with other abilities.  This must go last in Tying it all together 1.

FYI all XML files are just text files, you can "right click -> properties -> opens with" to make them open with notepad instead of Microsoft Edge. Makes searching for text like "immunity" much easier.

As for making an asm hack that makes a specific R/S/M ability grant immunity to a status, I'm sure if it were easy we'd already have it. I assume you need to find everything that checks for status immunities when inflicting a status, as well as permanent status via classes and gear, and add checks to have them always fail or be overridden by your chosen R/S/M. Seems like a tall order to me, but I can always be wrong.

You also need at least 5 free bytes somewhere for all the status effects.