• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:11:11 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

xyzqwv

The links seem to work fine on your vids. Granted, I've only checked one, but I don't see why the rest shouldn't be working. As for songs, that's up to you and Doku. Seems like a lot of work goes into these vids.

reinoe

Quote from: The Damned on March 09, 2013, 08:01:43 pm

Anyway, the two things that I was going to ask are with regards to my videos:

1. Are the links to the music sources working? I'd check myself, but I don't want to inflate my view count, especially while things are Unlisted still as they are.

2. How people feel about vocal songs? I kind of sprang "Unbreakable Heart", "Innocent Deception", "Concrete Heart" and "Kindred" on you guys in relatively short succession after having, for the longest while, only really used X-23's theme (and, technically, FMA Dante's theme) as the only vocal song in my recordings. Do people mind if I use more? Or are people generally more comfortable with the music being without lyrics? (If they're not just muting the music and using their own anyway?)

*idly wonders if people have even been noticing the tags since he sure as hell can't find them after the latest "upgrade" to Youtube a while back*

1. The links to videos have been working for me.

2. I don't have a preference for whether there are vocals or not.  I'm a techno fan myself.  If you were doing commentary then I'd lean against it but for your videos that's not an issue.
2b. I don't notice the tags, but I never pay attention to tags anyway.  In fact I thought if you leave it blank youtube just fills in something arbitrarily.
2c. I'd still stick with OCREMIX music only.  Even though Dante's Theme from FMA is unlikely to get challenged, you never know if it'll happen.  I only say this because having tried to record a video myself I know it's a major pain in the ass.  I'd hate to see several hours of effort would have to get redone due to a takedown notice.
My dreams can come true!

Reks

Vocals are fine with me. I actually like what you're using now, but mixing it up'd be cool too. I might refer a few things from other games and such to you, from time to time, actually.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

The Damned

March 09, 2013, 11:18:17 pm #2083 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:31:42 pm by The Damned
(Oh, I'm more than open to musical suggestions, even if it's stuff I don't normally listen to or even like, such as country [dislike], rap [greatly dislike], jazz [just don't listen to that often, unfortunately] and such.)

Okay, that's good to know feedback-wise.

Given I just reposted my teams and Dokurider just informed me of some things, including Taiichi apparently not being around anymore, I'll just have xyzqvw's second match be against someone else probably--up to Dokurider about who it is. If Taiichi is actually around, then I'll just give him a couple of matches next time as recompense.

Hmm...I feel like I'm forgetting something, but it's probably not related to ARENA given how far behind all my other projects and such are. Shrug.

Oh, right, I was going to PM Barren about few matches.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

Yeah, Taichii's match will go forward as scheduled. I'm just warning against future inclusions of his team unless he pipes up sometime.

Reks

So Tai's been gone for a bit? Huh. Didn't notice it.

No complaints or anything from me. I get to fight Dark twice, which'll be fun.

Dokurider

Well you should have, he's the reason why Desperation died.

Dokurider

Anyways, while the The Slowed debates thinking about the possibility of maybe running a test match on the memory card I gave him sometime in the next century if he feels like it inbetween naps, I'll be recording Xyz's matches tonight and hopefully get them up tomorrow, if not tonight, if my caffeine supply holds out.

The Damned

(Hey, I'm still awake. I was just out for a walk. 8 miles a day is all the exercise I get.)

Was there anything you wanted me to test anyway? Because I was just going to do DarkxFatal's vs. Rek's re-match first and then one of xyzqvw's, if not both of them. I'll try and get five videos up by tomorrow.

I'll probably save Madness Ensues vs. Severe Weather Alert for the very last unless DarkxFatal or Reks doesn't want me to.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Reks

Quote from: The Damned on March 10, 2013, 03:28:34 am
I'll probably save Madness Ensues vs. Severe Weather Alert for the very last unless DarkxFatal or Reks doesn't want me to.

I don't mind, on my end. Whatever you feel works for you.

xyzqwv

Well, don't I feel special? And 8 miles a day? I'd be lucky to get that much exercise in a week!
Good match. Frog is scary, as demonstrated in round 2. Round 3 was a wild goose chase after your Geomancer, and my Paladins felt is was necessary to keep Accumulating for some reason. That Wish on your Samurai made lol, though.

Maintenance is looking like a good support ability right about now.

My Paladins are tanking pretty well. Too bad they would rather Accumulate (or do nothing, even) over casting buffs.

Uh, how do I counter that? I could try Counter Magic on my Samurai, but Otabo's team will just run away. The AI likes to prioritize Regen over everything, so my Paladins will get sniped again, unless I give them Abandon to increase their evasion. Still a gamble, though.

Otabo

Quote from: xyzqwv on March 10, 2013, 02:06:34 pm
Uh, how do I counter that? I could try Counter Magic on my Samurai, but Otabo's team will just run away. The AI likes to prioritize Regen over everything, so my Paladins will get sniped again, unless I give them Abandon to increase their evasion. Still a gamble, though.

Status teams counter Ultimania pretty hard actually. Specifically, Talk Skill and long range status attacks like Arm Aim. Also, small maps counter them too if they're unlucky and either can't get spells off in time or if they're OHKO on the first turn by like speedy ninjas, PA stacked monks, spellgunners or something. As many tests as I've done with Ultimania in the past, status teams wreck them 9/10 times. Berserk, petrify, stop, charm, etc - all of those would wreck them. Other than Heal and Esuna, I didn't set up this team to protect from status, only to power up MA and nuke stuff. Oh, and Counter Magic + magic evasion would probably work against them, too.

reinoe

Quote from: Dokurider on March 10, 2013, 07:14:03 am
[FFT Arena] All Four Bets (xyzqwv) vs Wings of Zalera (The Damned)
[FFT Arena] All Four Bets (xyzqwv) vs Sobriety (Vigilanti)
[FFT Arena] All Four Bets (xyzqwv) vs Tag! (CT5Holy)
[FFT Arena] All Four Bets (xyzqwv) vs Ultimania (Otabo)

It's interesting how your Paladins were not only using Accumulate, they were spamming it.  Although it was eventually to his own detriment, I know I've wished that some of my units would utilize Accumulate with that much vigor.  Hell I wish they'd use Iron Will that effectively.

Very good outing for a first team.
My dreams can come true!

The Damned

March 11, 2013, 10:21:28 pm #2094 Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:01:30 pm by The Damned
(Yes, as reinoe said, like Jumza you've done quite well already, xyzqwv.)

Ugh.

Finally done with these. DarkxFatal vs. xyzqwv is partly to blame for taking so damn long both to record and then edit, especially musical. I'm really not proud of that one (not that I take pride in anything), but it's done.

Oh well. I at least decided to record five matches as I promised instead of giving into to temptation and "half-assing" it with four matches yesterday. You even get a bonus sixth video because I spaced out during the last match and accidentally record map #015 entirely instead of #014 the first time around.

Just a warning, though, that last match has "comedy death metal" for half of it:

1. FFT ARENA 138d - DarkxFatal (Madness Ensues) vs. Reks (Celestial Stasis) Re-match [10:36]

2. FFT ARENA 138d - Taichii (Order of the Rose) vs. xyzqwv (All Four Bets) [25:39]

3. FFT ARENA 138d - DarkxFatal (Four Point Alliance) vs. xyzqwv (All Four Bets) [43:57]

4. FFT ARENA 138d - The Damned (Wings of Zalera) vs. Celdia (My Hat in the Ring) [12:02]

5. FFT ARENA 138d - CT5Holy (Antimatter) vs. Dokurider (Mana Missile Matrix) [19:38]

6. FFT ARENA 138d - CT5Holy (Antimatter) vs. Dokurider (Mana Missile Matrix) Bonus [06:28]

*goes back to wondering what the hell he did with his Street Fighter EX and Darker than Black music*

Nameless EDIT: Ugh, I finally get Taichii's name correct on the first try and then screw up xyzqwv's name multiple times despite it being right in front of me. Sorry. That's been fixed both in this post and in the videos.

Reks

Wherein I take a leaf from The Damned's book and post my opinions on the videos. Some of them, anyway.

Yay, Dark's Madness Ensues were more challenging foes this time around! That second match was close. I wonder if my team would have been able to stay in it if the Squire hadn't got an turn right after being Raised. Also, that HAS to be the first time I've seen Throw Stone actually KO someone, let alone with the round for them.

The Damned not only won a match, he took all three. I'd honestly thought it was Celdia's match to win in the second round, but a couple of crits and that cursed Geomancer turned things around there. Round three had the Dancers blocking most of the Samurai's actually damaging swings, and Death hit each time it was used here. So a good performance from your Seraphs of Death, Damned.

xyzqwv

Quote from:  OtaboAs many tests as I've done with Ultimania in the past, status teams wreck them 9/10 times.

I see. My samurai have mimic daravon now, though it may not be enough.
Quote from:  reinoeVery good outing for a first team.

Thanks.
Quote from:  The DamnedYes, as reinoe said, like Jumza you've done quite well already

Thanks.
Quote from:  The DamnedFinally done with these. DarkxFatal vs. xyzqvw is partly to blame for taking so damn long both to record and then edit, especially musical. I'm really not proud of that one (not that I take pride in anything), but it's done.

Don't lie. I know you liked every second of it, because it was so big....and long....and I liked watching....'til the very end....

Don't see many jumping geomancers. Speaking of which, lucky petrify procs.
Wow. Round 2 was clutch! Round 3 was just pure luck dodging those 68% raise 2s. I'm definitely considering maintenance on my paladins now.
Kinda figured I'd lose round 1 after having my paladin die. Toughed it out in round 2. Lost a paladin round 3 as well, but somehow managed a come-back!
That berserk'd samurai didn't get to see much action. :|
The glitch doesn't seem broken, as you have to sacrifice your support ability to either equip shield or two swords. Does this glitch only work without a weapon in the left hand, or could you use something that allows two-swords?

DarkxFatal

Round 1: Gogo Full Power ME!....Oh.
Round 2: This doesn't look...oh hey. Sleep. Oh hey. Double Sleep. And Yuno finally killed.
Round 3: Hurk. Petrify procs...At least I got more Sleep proc..
GG/GF Reks. Maybe I should've given them more status immunity p:

First off....By Omega, that is one long fight. At first I thought you just did another seven round battle but...wow.
Round 1: My True Paladin is pretty handy. Course, his melee damage isn't too great, but eh.
Round 2: A..shorter fight, but still lengthy. My team is tanky with everyone having revival and some sort of support, your team is tanky with Paladins and Undead Samurai.
Round 3: Good Omega could this fight be any longer. Despite my team's tanky self, my Priest ended up crystallizing, leaving the boys to eventually lose.
GG/GF XYZ.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Tristan#9682

The Damned

(Might as well answer this before I go on another walk.)

Ugh, I am still kinda annoyed I can't find either of the aforementioned music, but I at least remembered I have the entirety of Megaman 9's OST--not AST though. As such, that will probably come up in the next wave of videos, will be all of Otabo's matches save for the one against Wiz, which can wait until the weekend after next; no one needs to be given extra reason to drink this weekend.

Yeah, I was surprised how much better Madness Ensues did this time around. This especially since Haruna was hitting for less damage on average due to focusing on Earth Slash instead of stabbing people with her slightly suped up Knife. Then again, Mimic Daravon is pretty much that "BAMF", which is why I'm still on the fence on whether it ultimately has to be nerfed (in ARENA). Of course, DarkxFatal unfortunately wasn't the only one to get lucky with status as Reks showed that even with the change to Carve Model & Local Quake, Geomancy can still bring the "hax" when it wants to on certain maps. Which is unfortunate because I had wanted the third round to be more even, but, hey, it was at least a great improvement over last time, so congrats on the changes being worthwhile DarkxFatal and congrats on the win Reks.

Yeah, I admitted to Dokurider that I still think Taichii's team has rather significant issues, but Taichii did a lot better than expected, almost entirely because of Raise 2. That's ultimately why he lost the third round: the Raise 2s weren't hitting and he couldn't put down the Paladins quickly enough besides since they blocked both Holy & Wind (as well as Water). This meant that only the Samurai could really touch them and he kept getting Decapitated--off with his head!--for his troubles and with the Oracle getting killed off so early, his lose was pretty much inevitable since Paladins had Heal to negate Charm.

I admittedly feel guilty for using map #029 when I find it a rather suspect map still, but my initial run on the map with those two teams showed that it was pretty close even though Taichii eventually won that time too. It ultimately was for the best since it made the "turnabout" in the second round all the more satisfying--not that I was rooting for anyone--and ultimately helped me time that "Shoryuken!" at the end perfectly.

Speaking of which, I was going to use "Fei Longer" for that originally, but that ended up being too--heh--long of a song given everything else. So I was fortunate another song had it since I hadn't listened to Credits Roll remix in a while.

Yeah, this ended up being quite lengthy due to both sides having really sturdy Paladins and DarkxFatal having only Raise, not Raise 2. Additionally, his Priest had Fairy has her revival, so he couldn't double Raise the two Samurai to death in-between chipping away at the Paladins. Ultimately, that's what did him in on top of the AI being ignorant of Undead resurrection unlike Reraise resurrection, so the Priest got trapped in the corner in mid-way through third match and murdered in isolation, which ended up dooming DarkxFatal.

Still, quite a decent match considering this was the first iteration of both teams.

I'll save my comments for the matches between Celdia & myself and CT5Holy & Dokurider for next time since it's already getting later than I intended.

That said, to answer your question, xyzqwv, no, the glitch only seems to work with fists for some reason. I just tested this out in FFTPatcher with a sword vs. fist on two Shield-"glitching" Two Swords user and the sword user only put out one strike. So I'm not sure why it works, really.

I know that it was rather refreshing to finally be able to test things in FFTPatcher again though. I'm going to try and do quite a lot of that again starting this weekend.

Barren

March 13, 2013, 07:10:58 pm #2099 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:13:09 pm by Barren
Lots of matches coming at ya! Took me several days to make them and took me several hours to edit! (not because of me being lazy but because of work, school, and socializing got in the way)

And If anyone made changes to their teams, it would have happened while I was uploading/recording them but I will make the corrections next chance I get. Hope you all enjoy!

FFT Arena 1.38d - reinoe (Mellow Yellow) vs CT5Holy (Antimatter)

FFT Arena 1.38d - Barren (My Latest Experiment) vs DarkxFatal (Four Point Alliance)

FFT Arena 1.38d - reinoe (Hyper Fabulous: Final Fight) vs TrueLight (Bloody Lance)

FFT Arena 1.38d - The Damned (Broken? Then Fix It!) vs Ahong (Sword Art Online)

More to come for tomorrow
You dare cross blades with me?