• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Mercenaries Art Thread

Started by LastingDawn, November 15, 2008, 11:37:47 pm

MiKeMiTchi

August 09, 2009, 10:44:07 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
I suggest that you just give us the url instead. :P
Good job, though.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Asura

August 09, 2009, 10:54:22 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dragonflame327
I'm trying to download PS Elements. I'm doing way too much to switch to the Mac side of my computer at the moment. x.x That's where I have my Adobe Master Collection installed. I need $70 to buy Parallels already.

There. Uploaded to and old Geocities site since Elements has 1hr45mins left to DL. Fuck that. I hope the bandwidth holds out, lmao.

Asura

August 09, 2009, 10:59:46 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dragonflame327
Quote from: "LastingDawn"For a sketch made in one day that is incredible! With such limited time you made that?! I love all of the little details you put into this. It really helpss Gafgarion to stand out! What's your next sketch planned to be?

Took me maybe...30 mins to do that? Eh....it's really not much. I might do a version of Ramza from the Mercenaries demo, with his equipment.

I've also got a sketch of a planned illustration of a ninja/knight sitting on the corner of my drafting table, haha. That'll get done soon enough. It's a little cheesecake-y, but I like it.

Thanks Mav/MiKe. ^^

Cheetah

August 09, 2009, 11:24:00 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Looks good. Definitely looking forward to what you can come up with.
Current Projects:

SplashWoman

August 19, 2009, 11:54:09 am #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SplashWoman
Hey guys,

New to the forum... just like you longtime fan and blah blah blah.

Always wanted Square to make me an true FFT sequel... same GFX, just new battles and story. Between Mercenaries and 1.3 I think I've found it.

Been lurking for a while, and since I can't so any sort of programming or anything really useful on that end, I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring for some artwork. Not that it helps, but w/e.

Work is pretty slow for the next few weeks, so I've got some time to do some drawing...

Attached is an 'in class notebook drawing' of a sort of dancer. Pretty sketchy, just showing my style.

Let me know if I can help/do anything. I'll also float around giving my warranted and unwarranted 2cents on anything and everything.

mav

August 19, 2009, 12:02:06 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Whoa...I mean, whoa.

Xifanie

August 19, 2009, 12:11:49 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "mav"Whoa...I mean, whoa.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

LastingDawn

August 19, 2009, 04:16:05 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Seems like you'll be a great addition to the team! That's a very fine style you have there, pretty unique and not too exaggerated, it shows an understanding of the human anatomy to a good degree.

Hmm, have you seen the Blansch and Bolmna sprites on the site yet, by chance?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

August 20, 2009, 12:00:17 am #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Very nice... I look forward to see what one of your drawings will look like with more armor and cloths. Plus more finely polished if this is little more than a sketch.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

August 20, 2009, 07:35:48 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Repost because our forums lack a "move" button for seperate posts, so...

Quote from: "SplashWoman"My plans for the evening just got edited, so instead of finishing drawing from last night.... its pool party then out to the bars.

So I thought I'd put up what I'm currently thinking/working on for the Alicia picture I'm doing....

I've got some info from LD though PM and have been using that and the pic from Eternal as reference and kind of going from there.

Purple - hair fluff
Red - High collar/ neck shawl
Blue - Those hanging thingies
Green - Armbands

Since she is very 'earthy' I am trying to do the fur/vines/flowers thing... she is going to be sitting on a stump... and again this is only partially done.

Ignore the hands/gloves, not really happy with how they're working. It doesn't seem very natural.

Also if I'm in the wrong thread feel free to move me. Any input is appreciated. If it is looking like I'm straying from the intent let me know.

As I said in the other thread, it looks phenemonal but I feel below the waist is a bit much, as Alicia is a very reserved girl I don't think that pose would fit her very well.

Art of War

SplashWoman

August 20, 2009, 07:41:57 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SplashWoman
@ LD

Copied from other thread:

"
I'm also not done yet... I don't really have much of the bottom filled in as far as clothes go and its a fairly low dpi scan... the legs are there for reference mostly. Trust me the skirt and long boots will be there! It isn't Pantsless Fantasy Tactics after all... except for Buttpants Ramza of course.
"

I'll keep all future posts in this forum. Thanks again.

LastingDawn

August 20, 2009, 07:43:02 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
A bit too late to amend my previous comment, eh? Ah well, I look forward to seeing your future progress, you have no idea how much of a surprise this is to me!

Art of War

Archael

August 20, 2009, 07:49:05 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "SplashWoman"Hey guys,

New to the forum...

your drawings are nice, they remind me of the notebook drawings I used to do in highschool

it's always nice to see some sexy female curves in drawings, but there's something weird going on in the waist of this one:

the pelvis only sticks out once on women with a broad pelvic bone, you have a second set of bumps there.. and oblique muscles don't jut out like that. her lower body is huge compared to her upper dimensions, but I guess that is the exaggerated female comic book look, which is sexy

otherwise 5/5

ever tried your hand at a sprite? your attention to detail could make some very good sprites

Cheetah

August 20, 2009, 08:07:57 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
That is very impressive Splashwoman. I'm really looking forward to seeing this finished, the improvement in quality is very apparent. Though I have to say that I think you should really drop the crazy hair colors LD. I love Zozma's sprites, but pink hair really doesn't do it for me.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

August 20, 2009, 08:12:51 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
What better way to show innocence, yet passion? Hair colors are largely symbolic. As they are more akin to the color of roses. The color "pink" is a mix of Red (Red being Passion) and White (White meaning innocence) therefore it fits her role.

Even more so with Lavian, Purple means Regal, as well as Mysterious, I'd say that Lavian certainly has the Regal part down, and... well I don't want to reveal too much. There is a brown color hair for Alicia as well, but I just feel that loses a bit of the impact meant from the symbolism based around the characters.

Art of War

mav

August 20, 2009, 08:36:33 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Quote from: "Voldemort"ever tried your hand at a sprite? your attention to detail could make some very good sprites
This, this, this! The faces on both these drawings are fucking gorgeous--I love their expressions. Hot damn, you're so talented.

Cheetah

August 20, 2009, 10:01:38 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I have just always been a fan of the original natural hair colors used in FFT. I'm not a fan of the anime influenced crazy hair colors.

WAIT! All these drawings have noses. Blasphemy I say!
Current Projects:

beawulfx

August 21, 2009, 12:02:11 am #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Yeah the faces really are exceptional, I mean it's impressive all over but the faces really stand out.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

SplashWoman

August 21, 2009, 05:31:23 pm #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SplashWoman
Thanks guys... appreciate it.

I'm putting this one to bed. Going to attempt some color this afternoon... which I'm horrid at.

Not happy with the boring boots... very bland. I'll try to jazz them up with color. Not happy with the feet either. Hands are too small etc. Meh.

I'll just edit this post after I get some color down. LD if you've got a specific color scheme in mine let me know... I'm planning on earth tones.

Aside... Can I get images inside spoiler tags [Without uploading and linking from a third party site] so I don't extend thread space etc?

Asura

August 21, 2009, 05:34:22 pm #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dragonflame327
Well, SplashWoman, I have to say I'm impressed. You have a nice attention to detail, which I am really happy to see. I look forward to your future work, and your finished design for Alicia!

Voldemort, you have a nice grasp of anatomy for someone who doesn't really seem to draw. :P