• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 09:21:28 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Dissidia Duodecim Announced

Started by Eternal248, September 08, 2010, 01:26:52 pm

Eternal

For those of you who were fans of the original Dissidia, a sequel has been announced to come out in Japan next year. Confirmed characters thus far are Kain (FFIV) and Lightning (FFXIII).

It could be a fake, but it'd certainly be an interesting fake. What are your thoughts on a Dissidia sequel? Who would -you- want in it?

Source:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/07/di ... next-year/
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

Yeah I saw it today too, seems to not be fake, but you never know. I would be happy to see Beatrix in it, only this. I just wonder what the story will be, the world is saved isn't it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Archael

HOW CAN NOT FFT CHARACTERS!???@
R@#>R#"<RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAARAUUDERRRR!!

Kaijyuu

If they include a FFT character, it'll be Marche.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dokurider

Quote from: "Voldemort"HOW CAN NOT FFT CHARACTERS!???@

Because FFT makes the rest of the FF's look like shit.

SolidSnakeDog

Quote from: "Dokurider"
Quote from: "Voldemort"HOW CAN NOT FFT CHARACTERS!???@

Because FFT makes the rest of the FF's look like shit.

Now that i think about it...this is true  :more:  bettar!)

I think id even sig the last line...yeah i will  :wink:

Draivyn

Come on atleast add Zalbag(My personal favorite character)

itoikenza

Better have yuffie & seifer! bloodfest FTW

http://www.clip-studio.com/quma/en/
Some hits you, So miss you, the center too, enter you, hits undone, have some fun, I know! misses come, render none, enter some... Always won!!... incomplete I know...

Draivyn

A Seifer and Squall fight would be interesting to see, as for Yuffie dear God yes I want to smash her into little bite sized pieces for the materia incident... but I want to see Freya in there,,,and Amarante!

SilvasRuin

Which Kain?  Normal dragoon or the dragoon/paladin hybrid?

I suspect if they use any FFT character, it will either be Luso or Adelle.  Or however you spell their names.  I mainly think this due to just how iconic Magic Frenzy wound up being.  I don't think they will ever use the FFT characters though.  The FFT games didn't have an ultimate job (at least not intentionally... except for Dark Knight), so unlike the other job-based games, there isn't a good choice on what to make the character fight as.  Unless they use a unique job like Holy Swordsman or Heritor...  Or Judge.  Wow, that would suck.  Using Judgemaster Cid to represent the "series"...

I think I'd most want to see Vivi.  Seeing a little kid blast the hell out of everyone else with magic would amuse me.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Agreed, any FFT character will be from the GBA games.  We all know that dissidia is just SE milking the pus out of their herd of ancient and diseased milk cows.  Wow, a fighting game with my favorite FF characters, with as much plot as Sydney Lostarot has clothes!  ZOMG MUST SPEND MONEY!  They can't have any characters like Ramza, because all the kids who buy this crap will play as him once and dismiss his hairdo and lack of godlike super powers and physics bending swordplay as "lol ur gay".

EDIT

No replies?  Wow, I fucking killed this thread.  I'm a jackass.  Someone kick me.

Draivyn

What about his hairdo specifically? The fact that it obeys most laws of gravity? Ramza would be an interesting character to see in there...I mean they have FIRION who has absolutely nothing special about him!(if this guy was in FFT a chemist would one shot him....with a dagger)Not to mention the warrior of light whos commands historically are as deep and in-depth as selecting attack...they can put Ramza in(this would also be a wonderful excuse to put the bloody angel in too)

Kagebunji

LAtest news has it that every character will have 3 clothes now, not two like in normal Dissidia. There will be some Assist system or whatever, and save data from normal Dissidia can be carried over to Dissidia 12. Cool and nice, but what about CHARACTERS?!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

"We can't have an angel, what would the christfags think?  We must censor everything for the fat, ignorant, Christian Americans.  Now, let's make another collaboration with Disney!"
^Inside the mind of a Japanese SE executive.

Eternal

Update:

Kain is in (his EX-Burst is "Pride of the Dragoon", in which he jumps -to the Moon- and throws Gungnir at the enemy)
Tifa is in.
Lightning is in.

Orphan's Cradle is FFXIII's representative arena.

Kain uses high-speed aerial attacks, and utilizes Chase sequences to heavily damage the enemy.

Lightning shifts between her Commando, Ravager, and Medic Paradigms for various styles in-battle. Commando focuses on heavy damage, Ravager focuses on area attacks, Medic focuses on recovering her Brave Points. Lightning's EX-Mode shifts her attacks to Odin's Gestalt attacks in FFXIII.

Kuja gains a new HP attack, Force Rhapsody.

Firion is getting "reborn", and given a new gameplay style.

Lightning's alternate costumes are her Amano artwork and Aya Brea's 3rd Birthday costume, which will be accessed via 3rd Birthday's product code.

Cloud's alternate costume is his costume in Kingdom Hearts, which can also only be accessed via product code.

There has been confirmation that there are going to be many more arenas in Duodecim, compared to Dissidia, but there will not be a new character for each game.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: "Eternal248"Cloud's alternate costume is his costume in Kingdom Hearts, which can also only be accessed via product code.

I called it.

Eternal

Hmm, based on the leaked trailer, it appears the Sky Fortress Bahamut is FFXII's representative arena, and there was a flash of the face of a character who doesn't appear to be anyone who's been revealed thus far. As I stated on GFaqs, it appears to be either Yuna or Celes. (Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's not just the Emperor!)

Kagebunji

Oh I definitly don't want Yuna in there! Please let it be Celes...

Kagebunji

Vaan is in as well, ugh, why we get pussies playable?! I would love to see Beatrix in there :(

Kaijyuu

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Vaan is in as well, ugh, why we get pussies playable?!
Japan loves bishonen is why.
  • Modding version: PSX