• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 04:40:30 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Square Enix think in FFT 2:

Started by Rfh, June 16, 2012, 06:25:21 am

Rfh

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Dome

They'll probably make a crappy game to squeeze the brand like they already did before with other games

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Rfh

Well, we would expect that not the case

MiKeMiTchi

Nice find, but this was posted on March. Maybe there is a more recent update around the net?
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Xifanie

Quote from: Dome on June 16, 2012, 06:32:16 am
They'll probably make a crappy game to squeeze the brand like they already did before with other games
But if we expect the worst, then it won't seem so bad!
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Xifanie on June 16, 2012, 10:05:00 am
But if we expect the worst, then it won't seem so bad!

You have a point m'lady.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

MiKeMiTchi

Rfh

Why?  :mad: Square Enix should create a new Tactics game, we have since 2007 without it.
By the way, What do you prefer, FFT2 or FFTA3?

Joseph Strife

Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

MiKeMiTchi

FFTA3. A canon FFT sequel is untouchable imo.

Joseph Strife

Yeah, it is really difficult to think in a sequel, but if well thought could be something epic. But yeah, it's not worth the risk, they would just probably make shit on it.

Dome

FFTA3
No one would expect anything good from it, so whatever they make will look decent

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Rfh

Well, It is not necessarily a sequel to FFT, FFT2 would be a new tactical game with complete new story, like original FF games, FF4 ins't sequel of 2. In my opinion I really would not matter. The fans of advance games prefer FFTA3, and fans of original FFT prefer FFT2. If Square create a FFT2 would be nice to incorporate things that were very successful in FFTA, like a new race like egull with differen jobs, and the incredible system of 300 different missions, that can raise the play from 40 hours to 100-150 hours. Too is interesting the learn from gear, that makes each gear much more valuable.

EDIT: I think that Ivalice Alliance is dead, for this I think in FFT2. But there is a group of fans is creating a FFTA3, like in this web we create FFT hacks. I don't know if Xifanie allows me to do this, if not, I delete the links:
The Forum: http://beacon515l.co.uk/ffta3/news.php
The Wiki: http://ffta3.gamewiki.me/wiki/Main_Page

Fenrir90

I would rather have a prequel to FFT focusing on the Fifty Years' War.

Eternal

Matsuno already said that if he makes a sequel, it'd be focused on Balbanes, so I don't think you have to worry about that. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

DonalbaneBeoulve

I would welcome a return to the Ivalice of the original FFT

Neophyte Ronin

The prospects of that, however, fluctuate with the designers' ability to correctly program and double-check everything they put into the game, because even though the game is intrinsically fun and addictive, there's a community dedicated to hacking the source code to death for good reason.  It begs to wonder if designers--whether the game turns up a profit or not--secretly regret the execution that their creations had underwent.  That would necessitate the attempt towards a sequel, if just to vindicate oneself of all the mistakes done the first time.