• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 08:13:03 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Formula question.

Started by SydneySoul, February 09, 2009, 06:09:59 am

SydneySoul

February 09, 2009, 06:09:59 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
I've altered Spirit of Life to heal an AoE that effects both allies and enemies along with adding a Regen. I've come across a problem, though. It now heals virtually no HP and seems to always instakill the undead.

I want to heal from 1 to 186.

The formula is strange, though:
Recovers (1..Q-1) HP and adds a status effect, 00% if target already has it.

I have my Q value as BB, for 187... but I seem to always heal for 2 and kill any undead rather than just hurt them.
Lil' gay soul manipulator lolpatcher.

SentinalBlade

February 09, 2009, 07:11:28 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
your over thinking it. dont input hex as a decimal value ;P

try inputing an actual number, and test it :)

SydneySoul

February 09, 2009, 07:19:36 am #2 Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:23:56 am by SydneySoul
It's CWcheat/a gameshark code. Needs to be in hex.

Everything I'm doing comes from the old GameFAQs codes and NeoKamek's FFT Gameshark Helper. I'm playing the PSX FFT on my PSP as an Eboot.

SentinalBlade

February 09, 2009, 07:22:18 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
i assumed you were in fftpatcher...and directly patching your ISO(which is far more efficient than cwcheat), if you are using fftpatcher, just put a normal number in the the box, not BB

do you know what formula number your using? i can help you further from there.

EDIT: it seems like your using formula 4B. which is the phoenix down formula. this has no Q value or somesuch, despite its reference in the BMG.

now matter what you do to the x/y/q, its always going ot be healed rdm(1...9) which is reall a bad typo, it should be 1..9

adding rdm in front of it makes it seem like it multiplies a random number with one 1...9 number

anyways, it instakills undead cause...its phoenix down...

it causes no status if the target already has it cause...well, the phoenix down formula really is made for canceling dead. so if you have one that says "all or nothing" instead of "cancel"...meaning to inflict, not heal, it is safe to assume the formula behaves differently.

SydneySoul

February 09, 2009, 07:33:18 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
So then how do I get my desired effect? I'm happy with a basic heal so long as I can add regen at the same time.

I copied that formula straight from the neokamek helper, so it's not a typo on my part. But yes, it's 4B.

I'm not playing from an ISO or bin so there will be no patching. That is, unless Eboots are just renamed ISOs.

SentinalBlade

February 09, 2009, 07:35:44 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
You can actually extract the ISO right of hte eboot if you please.

look for a program called "popstation gui"... take hte iso out, patch it, and then reconvert it. its a tedious process if you do alot of patching.... but it is useful for getting things like 1.3 to play on your psp.

What effect are you going for, exactly? heal both allies nad enemies AND inflict 100% regen?

SydneySoul

February 09, 2009, 07:41:42 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
Ohh, thanks for that info. Been wanting to see what the big deal about 1.3 is besides the deep dungeon. A bullet list of what is changed would be nice, really. XD

And yes, I want a heal that effects both enemies and allies. My AoE is rather big, so I don't want the heal to be massive but I want it to be used carefully (as in, make sure you don't heal an opponent you don't want healed). The regen is nice at a 100% chance but not necessary(at that accuracy, I mean).

SentinalBlade

February 09, 2009, 07:50:12 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
alright, i have no idea how on earth your going to accomplish that without fftpatcher... but just so you know, its not in the formula that lets you target things, it is really a flag set for each ability.

I was gonna post the CWCheat that changes this flag for you, but it will be different for each ability...i kinda need the exact name, cause i cant find a spirit of life ability name.... do oyu mena Life Spirit? form teh trees?

Also, if you mosey on down to the 1.3 section, there is a topic titled "1.3 MASTER GUIDE"

it has a detailed info on everything, from a job's growth to an items WP

Vanya

February 09, 2009, 07:53:53 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
*whispers*

"rdm(1...9)" is correct mathematical notation.

*shot*
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

SydneySoul

February 09, 2009, 07:56:15 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
Yes, it was probably changed to Life Spirit. Same spell. The ID is 13E. The formula line 30060D5C 00??. The subsequent code needed is 30060D5F 0022 to add the effect of Regen. I also added 3005F5E4 0091 which turns on the 'Helpful, Add Status, and Alters HP' flags. I added that one to make sure Regen would take. Otherwise the spell is normally 'Helpful, Alters HP'.

SydneySoul

February 10, 2009, 09:10:56 am #10 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:24:35 am by SydneySoul
I've gotten myself the ISO from my eboot. CDmage can open it but PPF-O-Matic cannot read it so I can't patch onto it.  I don't get how this works at all.

Anyway, looking at FFT patcher, it does the SAME work as NeoKamek's GS helper. That's especially visible looking at the GS codes tab for codes it produces. I'm still unable to give this spell both healing properties and the ability to add regen. The best this can do is kill the undead along with a tiny heal of 2 HP and add regen. It doesn't even revive because you don't seem to be able to stack "add regen" with "cancel dead".

Using the formula for the Cure spells makes Regen not appear.

Also, new problem. I revived an ally with Raise 2 then used my Spirit of Life spell on him... and it killed that unit... instantly. No HP loss, just instant death. As if it somehow canceled that I raised him.

SentinalBlade

February 10, 2009, 09:19:41 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
coudl you link me to that helper?

And im not sure why its reviving...did you edit its status that it gives? if you dont remove cancel dead it might glitch.

also, fftpatcher does it more effieciantly, it appears, i just made the heal MA*Y formula give regen ad heal for 447

so it might be worth it for you to get to know the patchers interface

Also, i doubt the GS Helper cna directly patch your iso with the cheats, so that they are permenant.

PPF-O-Matic is to apply a patch made wit ha ppf maker, you dont need it if your not applying something like 1.3

if you are applying 1.3, could you give me the error your getting?

is it because of the extension at the end of the ISO? if it reads .img (CDmage can read those to) i dont think ppf-o-matic can.

SydneySoul

February 10, 2009, 09:44:44 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
It's not 1.3 I'm applying. It's the extension and sprite re-ordering Zodiac made.

And yes, it does the same thing. The only difference is that I can choose to make it permanent. The code it produces is the same as GS helper. And I tried that same formula with no Regen placed on - it's cure.

Here are screenshots of the two programs:

http://www.furnation.com/symplicidy/FFT/GSHelper.png

http://www.furnation.com/symplicidy/FFT/FFTPatcher.png

As you can see, the only difference here is that FFTpatcher  combines the codes for inflict status and the "Y" value (which is the Q value in GS helper) into one using an 8006 (multi-address altering code). I've not tested the multi-address code yet, as these tend to crash my game for some reason, even though they didn't playing on the PSX. That made my custom characters quite a chore to create since  I was forced to use the long 3006 version of custom characters rather than the sweet and simple 8006 I use on my home console.

Also, the extension is .iso but it was ripped from my eboot... which I don't like. I can't find any torrents or other sources of a pure FFT iso and the programs I've downloaded to rip the iso from my PSX game CD don't seem to offer the ability to rip as ISO. I've tried CD Clone, so don't suggest that one. It is a trial, so I may be limited in what I can do with it.

SentinalBlade

February 10, 2009, 09:53:44 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
your using...CWCheat right? i thought it only took action replay codes...cause the  psp is built differently than the old gamesharks can handle, and they havnt made a new gameshark for it... its not that your playing a PSX game, which is why its trying to work, i would think...

anyways, isee alot of differences. Most of the flags in fftpatcher are actually known, while some of them on the GSHelper are still unknown.

Also, spirit of life actually already affects enemies+allies
(i also have no idea why its not life spirit, cause life spirit is the psx name)

I would try imgburn, my ISO is actually an img, i just realized, and ppf-o-matic does it fine...

but i also have never worked with the extensions zodiac made.

open up fftpatcher and go to inflict status, make sure it doesnt say cancel dead AND regen...just trying ot rle things out...unless you can edit what a status byte does in the GShelper

SydneySoul

February 10, 2009, 10:11:20 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
CWcheat has a pops version that emulates gemshark. That's what I'm using.

Spirit of Life's target effect wasn't altered in either program so I don't know why you're bringing that up. Checking the lifeboxes in GS helper make it effect one or the other. It works the flags differently from FFTpatcher but the resulting code is the same, meaning the effect is exactly the same thus no difference.

GS helper is much older than this site and thus the flags are unknown. It hasn't been updated with the new information discovered here.  Heck, it's a vintage thing I've been using since I first discovered custom classes could be made in FFT many years back.

I'll try out img burn! I really dislike using the Eboot's ISO because I don't know if the original Eboot compiler took it upon themselves to alter it in any way, so having a fresh iso (or img) on my disc would ease my mind. Thanks to your earlier link, I can make my own eboot (that's how I got the iso).

SentinalBlade

February 10, 2009, 10:17:07 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
hehe, no problem, and i mentioned it cause you wanted it to affect both allies/enemies, and you mentioned it twice... so i figured id look into it...

so what exactly have you done and what do you need done?

increasing the AOE? you changed them in both, but it doesnt work? that is strange, maybe that section of code is defunct?

SydneySoul

February 10, 2009, 10:28:53 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
Oh the AOE and vertical increase work. What I've been trying to do is get a decent heal formula while also getting regen. That wasn't working so I found the forumla I now know as Phoenix Down. This enabled me to get a heal of 2 HP, insta-kill undead, and gain regen. I wasn't happy with the heal, so I decided "maybe it'd be good as a ressurect and regen spell instead". This worked somewhat... but then it killed ANY enemy, undead or not, within the AoE. It also killed previously revived allies for some reason... I don't get how that works. The ally I tested it on was a custom character, though, so that may effect it somewhat (he's using the Izlude sprite and Job I created within it but has a female scream so something is wrong with him anyway... need to change his gender byte).

My aim is to have a spell that will heal a decent amount and add regen (because I don't want white mages on my 4-man [well.. 5 when I need to use Ramza :s] playthrough) with the drawback of being able to heal enemies, so I'd have to carefully choose my placement when casting, possibly missing certain allies.

SentinalBlade

February 10, 2009, 01:26:28 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
as of now i think the only heal formula that cna inflict status is the MA*Q

and even then i think its only a 25%

If i have the time within the week i will be more than happy ot make it 100% for you, cause ive seen it requested elsewhere...you cna off course attempt it your self, but your not using an PC emulator, so it might be REALLY rough.

SydneySoul

February 10, 2009, 06:07:40 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
Cool, thank you. :3

zephyrmist

June 14, 2009, 12:14:41 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by zephyrmist
is there a formula that allows the summon spell fairy to heal allies and revive those that are dead?