• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 18, 2024, 02:41:00 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Formula question.

Started by SydneySoul, February 09, 2009, 06:09:59 am

Lydyn

June 14, 2009, 12:30:28 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
The phoenix down forumla would be able to add 100% status .. though the forumla will always be rdm(1...X), making it kind of silly. There are forumals that use Heal(%) though, but that can be both weak and overpowered. Been a while though, but those two come to mind. When it comes to crossing both of them though, the best I could ever do right now is check it all off on FFTPatcher and relate the GS codes to you.

zephyrmist

June 14, 2009, 12:36:24 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by zephyrmist
what i did was use formula 0D Heal_(Y)% Hit_F(MA+X)% which is Raise2's formula... but that only makes the skill become an AOE revive...

When i used Fairy's original formula and applied an inflict status 20h which cancels dead, it heals with 65hp but the unit is still dead...

Lydyn

June 14, 2009, 12:54:20 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Ah, the thing with Raise forumlas, is that is must be able to apply the status effect tied to it, otherwise it won't work. So, in order to use the forumla, you'll need to tie Regen to it instead of Cancel: Dead (or whatever you want it to do - but it won't heal already alive allies if you keep it with Cancel: Dead).

Another important note is that you cannot combine [Random], [All or Nothing], [Seperate], and [Cancel] at all. Meaning you cannot have something do [All or Nothing: Regen and Haste] and [Cancel:Poison]. It doesn't work and using GS codes to try and force it to work will only cause glitches I'm sure. You'll have to choose one over the other, sadly.

I might also note, that Raise forumla, no matter what you do (to my knowledge) will always kill the undead - even if you mark the flag off. Something hard-coded I'm sure.

zephyrmist

June 14, 2009, 01:30:28 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by zephyrmist
ah i see... oh well i guess fairy's just gonna have to be another healing spell :/
and i think that's redundant considering that summoners already have moogle...
maybe i should just turn fairy into an aoe revive spell

Lydyn

June 14, 2009, 02:09:28 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
That works just as well. Moogle is sorta-kinda weak though, but fairy always seemed a bit over-powered as well. There was little need to heal my guys as much as she could ... *Shrug*