• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:27:42 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

RavenOfRazgriz

"All speech pains me greatly." Rhyhorn replies in his deep, stern tone as he keeps focused eye-contact on Xavier. "There is a reason I choose not to speak." Rhyhorn then slips back into the celtic-sounding language. "Tá mé ceaptha chun a chreidiúint gur mhaith leat mé a muinín agat leis seo?" he says, motioning to the orb as he speaks.

Ryqoshay

"Was that yer master, Mr. Sparkly?" the tiny sorceress flies up to hover not too far away from their client's formerly bare arm. She was fairly certain she had heard the language before, but knew only a select few words. However, neither the rhino nor the man-of-unknown-origins had spoken any of them. "He looks kinda funny. I guess I was thinkin' 'e was some kinda nobler er sometin'"
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Celdia

Pleased to find that Rhyhorn can understand Common, Xavier continues in that. "It would appear so. I could wish that he gave me a more verbose message but psionic tattoos have a size reflective of the power held within them. I felt something small and easily concealed would suit me best since I had no guarantee of finding you. However, if trusting me remains an issue, then perhaps we could come to a comprimise. I'm sure Master Mewdha would think well of seeing you again and once I've verified the condition of the apparatuses you could take them back to our master yourself." Xavier smiles pleasantly, leaning back in his chair and lifting his teacup once more to drink.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kalas

"Blech. "Treasure and money" to this shark is nothing more than a way to charm unsuspecting adventurers into doing his bidding," Nathalie complained, now a little more awake and drinking some of her coffee, looking over at Xavier and Rhyhorn speaking. She watches Xavier like a hawk, sipping coffee only in pauses in conversation and occasionally reaching back and grabbing something off the plate, completely unaware that Hogarth is stealing her food.

EmmaNigma

Anger rises from being ignored, and by a wizard at that. Utterly overwhelmed by rage, she doesn't hear a word of Common they are saying, not even Rhyhorn. She takes a throwing axe and sinks it deep in the table in front of Xavier. "Be you a wizard, face me in glorious combat or be ripped apart." She grits her teeth and keeps a hand on her greatnessaxe handle.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Celdia

Xavier sets his cup down again and turns his attention to Yvonne. "Yes, Master Mewdha is a powerful psion and I am his apprentice. Since his body is no longer as spry as it was in the past, he chooses to stay in his home to the South while I am sent to and fro across the kingdoms to act as his hands and mouth when necessary." He turns to Nathalie, frowning. "A fair turn of irony to hear you speaking of someone as being deceptive or of ill-intent, Miss Marchand. One might look at oneself more closely before accusing others of the things oneself does. In the time you've been gone I have made myself acquainted with some few of the local constabulary and the things they have to say of you and your petty crimes are none too flattering. Pretty though you may be, it would seem your reputation for having light fingers proceeds you even into Verun."

Ryqoshay

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah... woah... woah..." Yvonne says, floating in front of Hogarth's face. "Lois, this isn't my Batman glass." She clears her throat. "I mean, this guy ain' a wizard."

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn pulls the remaining three apparatuses out of his Exotic Pack Saddle and sets them down for Xavier to look at, keeping the orb defensively by his side.  He catches a waitress as she passes by, writing a request for a second coffee to help soothe his throat, silently accepting Xavier's offer to transport the items himself.  Seeing Hogarth's outburst, Rhyhorn turns to his Barbarian friend and speaks in his deep, but now noticeably hoarse tone once more before returning to his characteristic silence.  "Do not worry, Friend Hogarth.  He is not a Wizard."

Celdia

Xavier stares in shock first at the axe and then up at the barbarian. "Goodness, woman. You were addressing me as a wizard? I am nothing of the sort. I am a psion both by birth and by trade and I find no comfort in the arcane arts, wizardly or otherwise. My powers well up from my mind alone and need nothing of scrolls or books nor of mystical contraptions or bits of flora and fauna. Excuse me for ignoring you but I thought you surely must have been speaking of someone else previously."

Kalas

"I might have sticky fingers but at least I work for my goods," She hissed, outraged that her petty thefts are being broadcasted around the town after she'd worked so hard to keep them between her and the locals.

"I'd at least make better use of my money than throwing it away as if it's expendable," She grumbled, taking another sip of her coffee.

EmmaNigma

"...I trust you, Friend Rhyhorn. I am sorry, Friend Xavier, for my anger." She pries her axe out of the table and takes her hand off her axe. Hogarth saunters do a corner, and leans there, looking down, seeming somewhat embarrassed.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Ryqoshay

"So does that mean we're off ta see the wiz... I mean psion?" Yvonne asks Rhyhorn.

RavenOfRazgriz

As Yvonne asks her question, Rhyhorn merely turns and nods positively before going into a fit of painful-sounding hacking coughs as his second coffee arrives, small pebbles dislodging themselves from his throat and being spat out onto the floor as he coughs.  Before the waitress leaves, he immediately and clumsily downs the second coffee before asking for a third.  There truly was a reason he did not speak.

Ryqoshay

"Yay!" the small fey cheers, shoving a fist into the air. "But first, PANCAKES!"

Celdia

Xavier ignores Nathalie's weak jibe and nods acceptingly to Hogarth. He takes moment and arranges the apparatuses on the table very deliberately before reaching into his satchel and removing a length of jagged crystal - about a foot in length and maybe an inch thick - focusing on the stone and passing it over the objects laid out before him in silence. After several minutes of this he nods to himself and replaces the crystalline tool back into his satchel. "They appear to be genuine and undamaged at that. Well then. News of this should please my master greatly." He grabs a few more things from his pack - an inkpen and some parchment with writing already on it - and begins to hastily scrawl on the parchment. "This...is a writ of good credit. You should be able to exchange it at any Gnomish bank between here and Sensland without issue for your payment." He blows gently on the ink to dry it some before folding the parchment up again and handing it over to Rhyhorn. "Now, as for the return of these apparatuses to my master. I'm certain Rhyhorn knows the way back but I admit I'm curious if the rest of you have traveled that far South before."

Kalas

Nathalie forms her face to make fun of Xavier, her eyes sharp as daggers as she continues her now silent and veiled hatred of this man. She turns back to her plate to find the contents of it gone, and while in disbelief, but hungry, orders another plate to take the time to eat and care for, enjoying the sweet glory of bacon.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn nods to Xavier, accepting the writ of good credit and placing it with his small collection of things.  It would certainly be a busy day today, it seemed.  Rhyhorn returns the objects to his Pack Saddle, glowy orb included, and downs his final coffee before heading off toward the stables to knock out his to-do list for the day now that he felt comfortable leaving Xavier in the hands of his... motley crew crüe.

Ryqoshay

Yvonne is pleasantly distracted by her beloved pancakes and does not notice Rhyhorn's departure, despite her intentions of following him back to Mage Guildhouse. She feasts upon bacon and eggs and sausage and an orange and everything else the server brings the minuscule magical being. Finally, she drops a coin on the table and made her way out to the street. "Where did that rhino go?" she mumbles rhetorically to herself.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn, having reorganized ALL THE THINGS, begins to head out on his long day of errands.  Among his carry-along goods are the Potions, Wand, Buckler, Chain Mail, Battle Axes, Crown, Crystal, and Rope received from the skirmish in the gobins' cave, along with ALL THE MONEY from that encounter and Xavier's writ of credit.  First would be a small trip to the Mage's Guild to get all this shit checked out.

Ryqoshay

"I wonder if he's at the stable..." Yvonne thinks to herself, wandering in that direction. Sure enough, "Rhyhorm!" the excitable fairy exclaims, finding her friend already departing. "Le's go figure ou' what those magic things are! Yes! Yes! Le's go! Le's go!" She can barely contain herself. "Sorry 'bou' las' time, I, ah... kinda got sidetracked..."