• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 09:13:13 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Adopt a Piece of Shit Douchebag today

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, September 12, 2011, 10:40:43 am

Kalas

When I lived in Massachusetts, my brother and his friends worked for a construction company that was union and was paid ~11$ an hour for construction work (no real politicking though, just construction and payment) and then the winter months they were "laid off" until work was able to be utilized again. In New York it's almost the same way though I generally see them stand around and do nothing for most of the day (and work is late into the night).

Though...that doesn't help him much. :(

Samuraiblackbelt

If you come t Minnesota to work at Subway, you could -possibly- get free lodgings in the loft of one of the stores that my boss owns,  assuming you'll be the closer on a regular basis (a somewhat sucky job.)
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Pickle Girl Fanboy

My tags expire at the end of the month, so I'm selling my car and most of my worldly belongings.  If no one picks up my games and systems, I'm selling them too.  I figure I'll get a bus ticket.

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on October 02, 2011, 01:07:43 am
I'm not sure you'll like the weather near where I live, but I do "kind of" live in between where you are now and your destination.  I live in between a college dorm and my house, but my parents are fairly intolerant of poor people.

Jobs in my area:
1) Grocery stores/Fast Food/Call Centers
2) Agriculture
3) Construction/Yard Work
4) Medical Related Fields

Sadly, the pay is likely to be minimum (or only slightly above) in all but 4), but 4) usually requires that you have some certification or degree.

I'm fine with 2 and 3, and I'd like to get training to be an EMT eventually.  Having shower facilities, a job, and a place to store my laptop so no one will steal it and it won't die from exposure to the elements is more important than having a roof over my head, since I can sleep outside, no problem.  But finding a quiet place to sleep in a city can be a problem.

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on October 02, 2011, 01:31:47 am
Most of the jobs in my state aren't union unless you're older than 45, and even then, it's not like other states.  Mind you, most of the unions I see around here spend more time politicking than actually bothering to unionize kids my age who actually do the lowest wage jobs.

Unions talk about how they help people, but every time a union job is given the option to either:
A. Lay off newer workers so older workers can keep their high wages, or
B. Everyone gets a pay cut so no one gets laid off,
All the older members voted to lay off the younger members.  So fuck them, I hope some crazy Republican gets elected and they all fucking die when their social security if cut.  </insane animostiy>

Pierce

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on October 03, 2011, 11:10:01 am
Unions talk about how they help people, but every time a union job is given the option to either:
A. Lay off newer workers so older workers can keep their high wages, or
B. Everyone gets a pay cut so no one gets laid off,
All the older members voted to lay off the younger members.  So fuck them, I hope some crazy Republican gets elected and they all fucking die when their social security if cut.  </insane animostiy>

Unions in America must be different than in Canada. Here, unions aren't allowed to lay off employees without justifiable cause (coming to work drunk, skipping shifts, stealing, etc) and generally they're good employers because they're monitored really well within themselves to make sure they don't break union rules.

Consider going to charitable organizations looking for work. Generally they know of places where you can find jobs if you're in a tough situation. Although you might end up doing a less than ideal job, it's better than nothing.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Pickle Girl Fanboy

It galls me how these old farts go on about rights and all that other shit, when they're explicitly trying to worm their way into new industries so they can screw young people.  It's like fucking kids is part of their agenda.  Such blatant intergenerational warfare (and that's what it is; a bunch of spoiled rotten Baby Boomers fucking up our generations future) really makes me wish for death panels.

GeneralStrife

LOL rick santorum.
well i didnt have internets for a fucking month and reading all this shit it just got worse wtf

Pickle Girl Fanboy

It gets worse.  I can't sell my car for less more than $400, the collective in Oregon is closed for winter, the one in Missouri doesn't want to take the risk on letting me in (they said that I should wait until November, and then apply at another one in Missouri, so I have to go through this whole fucking thing all over again), the carnival I applied at is lifting it's nose at my poor homeless ass.  I walk 10 or 12 miles a day, all around town, but there's no longer any point in selling my shit because where would I go?

I'm doing my laundry today, and then I'll reorganize my stuff into a 2 bags - a large pack with clothes, hygiene gear, heavy stuff; and a small pack with the basics and anything I don't want stolen.

I can't sell my car for more $400 because all the car dealers around here know I'm stranded, and they know they can fuck me and get away with it.  They don't fucking care, they have no mercy, no pity.

Whenever I apply for a job, I have to tell them my deal, and afterwords they never look me in the eyes.  Maybe they think homelessness is contagious.

Funny story - when I was walking north on York street, towards Hastings to sell my books, some little dog started following me.  Stupid little thing.  Anyways, while it was folllowing me, three different people stopped and offered me money to buy the dog some food.  Never mind that I'm fucking homeless, we can't let an animal suffer, now can we?

MysticKnightFF5

I'm with GS in Georgia, and if I'm not mistaken, GS goes to South Forsyth High School, or did.
I can certainly help you get a job, and find an apartment, but aside from that, I really can't help you showers or shelter wise.
I can help with gas however. Wherever you plan on going, I'll gladly help pay for the gas to get there.

GeneralStrife

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I think I'm going to Joplin, Missouri to find work once I sell my car, which should be the 23rd.  I also need to contct East Wind to see if I can schedule a visit sometime, but if things go well in Joplin I might just stay there until the work is gone.  I'll be working 12 hours a day, every day, if I do go there, so you won't see much of me.

GeneralStrife

I know there will be work in joplin, they are rebuilding from the nastiest fucking tornado attack ever.