• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 05:51:32 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Cheetah

Ack Firefox isn't showing attachments very well so I lost track of what changes were being made. You are going in the right direction Jimmy. The angle down for the hat for the side rear view is a bit severe and the rear view needs to be more overall rounded.

I recommended to Twinees that we should be using the chemist a bit more as a base for these angles. We are getting closer!
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Ok, I worked today on Hector sprite from FE7. It is still not done, especially back side-view(I only pasted cape on it). Any ideas for hair are welcome. Hector's hair is VERY similiar to Knight's but I don't wanrt a straight copy, now I am using mix between Wiegraf and Knight with few changes, but I need something else, perhaps someone have any nice ideas(or could draw it and show me)? Oh, and please don't suggest capes that require messin with arms, they are a big pain to make, and I would get bored before finishing it, knowing me. Anyway, here it is:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

@Twins ~ Yeah, the side view made me know what Cheetah is going for.

Yeah, the feather definitely need tweaks. And yes, Chemist's hat definitely act as a good base and reference for this.

@Kage ~ Looks great. And the cape is just fine, for me actually; knight's too big, Zalbag's doesn't look good if it's just plain cape. As for the hair, good start.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Aquilae

Hector's hair looks too light though, it should be a much darker shade of blue.
:gay:

Twinees

Is this hector? Maybe 20m hair would look well with it too?

Some things need to change if you want it to look like the picture above.

The armour needs a slight shine to it make it look metally, but you could just slightly increase the saturation or brighten the existing colours you have now.
  • Modding version: PSX

jimmyjw88

February 07, 2011, 08:37:00 am #1745 Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:18:04 am by jimmyjw88
Yeah, 20M hair probably would do the trick. Well, I'd try on a custom-made hair but I know Kage would probably reject it because it'll be time-consuming.
Regardlessly, here it is.

C & C
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

Kill_Bones

That looks nice! I agree about the hair, it would take too long to make a custom, it loks fine as it is. Hunter is looking awsome as well.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Lijj

I'd be glad to help with this hair if Kage decides to go with it.. it wouldn't be that hard esp. since it's so short; no animating the walking frames needed:>

mav

Is the guy that Twinees posted the right Hector? Sorry, I'm pretty unfamiliar with FE.

You might want a little more contrast on the forward-facing frame, Jim. It looks pretty good though.

Kagebunji

I don't want him to look EXACTLY like his original art(I mean mostly arms and legs, IMO they are fitting enough). I suppose 20M hair would look best, though I will need to change it somehow. I can brighten the lightest purple, though I can't imagine how this will turn out, I need a highlight, not brightened purple. And sure, I will make blue's darker, I just wanted to avoid saturation. Too bad I couldn't make cape red :/

jimmyjw88

February 08, 2011, 10:29:51 am #1751 Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:34:48 am by jimmyjw88
So I guess the hair is rejected eh? Haha.
Well, any C & C for the hair?
Mav, I didn't change anything except custom-make his hair but a little bit more contrast to the hair? Hmm...I'll see what I can do.

Kagebunji

February 08, 2011, 10:39:09 am #1752 Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:41:16 am by Kagebunji
Shit, I didn't see your attempt, Jimmy. It is damn awesome. I am using it right away! Thanks for ideas. I will handle with the rest of the frames. Thanks man!

And yes, Twin posted the Hector I am working on. He is one of Lords in Fire Emblem. I suggest you play Fire Emblem 7(Fire emblem 1 outside Jaoan), designs there are damn awesome.

Kagebunji

Ok, I used Jimmy's vrsion, darkened the hair to make it more Hector-like, and brightened the purple to give metalic look. How is it?

Wolfran

It looks good so far but maybe the sprite will look better if you change the purple of the armor for a dark blue. The hair is amazing btw :D
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

mav

Should he have a red cape then? Whatever, this is a neat looking sprite. I like the purple armor, I'm worried about the blues though--how will they look in-game?

dbp

This sprite is very very nice. I like it a lot. Let me explain why.
The colors (especially the color of the armor) are very original and give to this character something very unique.
The hairs also add a lot to the originality of the character.

To finish, i would say that its very cool to see some new FFT characters.
It really give a second life to the game. (Or should i say hundreds new lives.)

Keep up the good work.
Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

Kagebunji

February 09, 2011, 02:15:18 pm #1758 Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:17:20 pm by Kagebunji
You are correct, Mav, it should be red. I had dilemna with this, but after I saw original in-game sprite of Hector:

I decided to leave it like that, haha. Oh, and as to blues, they are taken from existing palettes and tweaked a bit, so it SHOULD look fine, I will test it just to make sure though. Btw, forward walking frames are done.

Thanks for kind words, Dbp, such things really drive me to sprite harder ^_^

mav

Ah, so their in-game sprites don't match their artwork exactly? That's fine. If people gripe, they can make an alternate version. I dig this sprite, Kage. Make sure to finish it [quickly].