• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:38:05 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

Eternal

Hmm... there shouldn't be any game-crashing glitches, since on the version that's out now, there's no event editing. Also, nobody else seems to have that issue. Try repatching it, or repatching it on a different ISO and see if that's the issue. Or just restart the emulator again. pSX can be wonky at times.

On that note, I have the retranslation done for Chapter 1, as well as the Balthier events done. They'll undergo testing and can then be released!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

The Damned

Hmmm...I tried to downloading it and then repatching it to a completely different ISO and the same even after I had restarted pSX.

It might just be my computer, but I can't reset until later on today (Monday), so I'm not sure now.

Out of curiosity, you said nothing else had issue? So there have been people that have started 2.1c from the very beginning of the game then? As long as it works (for others), then that's what's most important.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

From what I know, nobody else has had an error. If someone would like to confirm that, that'd be great. I've tested my ISO from the start many times and have had no issue, but that's not a really good indicator of things. I'll continue to look into it, and maybe the patch I release tomorrow will fix it.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Zenius

Being able to use Ovelia at Zirekile is very fun <3

@Eternal: Iron Helm and Mythril Helm say they give +40 and +80 in their item descriptions, but they give +45 and +60, respectively. Just thought I'd let you know.

Dokurider

Are Flail/Axes using vanilla formula or the psuedo martial arts formula (((0 + (1..PA)) + PA) * WP)?

Eternal

@Zenius: I'll change that later today. Thanks!

@Doku: They use their Vanilla formulae, but using them in combination with the Aim skillset will produce constant damage.

Eternal

It is with great pride that I release version 3.0 of FFT Newtype. Within are many glitch fixes, and a ton of other features, including a new translation of Chapter 1 (working on Chapter 2 now), as well as Balthier! Hopefully you will all enjoy the work I've put into Chapter 1- it was quite a learning experience, since I've never done event editing before. =x

Kagebunji

You actually did some event edits? Whoa, give examples I'm too bored to play the game from beginning again :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Here is a screenshot I took from Zeakden. Hopefully I made Algus more of a bastard than he already is!

Known glitches:
-Intercession decreases enemy PA by 1, still, for some reason.

Eternal

April 26, 2010, 04:00:57 pm #110 Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 05:54:07 pm by Eternal248
OK, you should be able to copy and paste the link into your address bar and it should start downloading. Sorry about that.

Dokurider

No, still not working. Are the spaces supposed to be in the link? Try underscores instead.

Eternal

Reuploaded it with a shorter name. Hopefully it'll work now.

The Damned

Ugh. I keep having horrible luck with regards to your patch.

It would appear that restarting my computer did nothing to fix the problem that I was having with 2.1c and now WinRAR won't even let me extract 3.1a after downloading it.

Sigh.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

OK, so apparently there wasn't .ppf at the end of the filename. I swear 7Zip is removing it or something. Before patching, add .ppf to the end of the file name, and PPF-o-Matic should recognize it.

Samuraiblackbelt

when I go to extract the ppf  get a "no files to extract" message.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Eternal

Eternal

Sorry about all these issues, guys, I didn't think there would be a problem with the .zipping of it. Redownload it and it should work now. Note, though, that it's a .7z file. I'm not sure if WinRAR will extract it, but I know 7Zip does. Also, since I remade the patch, you guys also get Shadow Lance Gafgarion. Yay! =P