• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 01:36:22 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

VK patch ALPHA bugs, notes etc

Started by karsten, April 12, 2008, 09:26:55 am

Asmo X

April 27, 2008, 11:59:54 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
That looks awesome. Kind of makes me wish I wasn't totally incompetent at making sprites.

Xifanie

April 28, 2008, 07:01:03 am #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Niiice! I wish melon would release his new shishi version soon with the new awesome capabilities it has.

Say, who do you plan on doing next?  :wink:
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

April 28, 2008, 12:53:56 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Looks real good. The hair was definitely a good touch. It seems like hair is definitely one of your strong suits.
Current Projects:

Zozma

April 30, 2008, 04:41:41 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
thanks, glad u guys like it :) also Kuraudo still seems to be working on the same karsten sprite that i tweaked up a bit, i tried to mention that i had done this one, but anyway id say give him the credit for this one anyway.

also zodiac... i saw that little portrait png you made is that the way u want the hair? and black? or do u like the redhead avatar picdture you have more? id like to get started but i also don't want to conflict with whatever kurado is doing either ya know?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

April 30, 2008, 05:47:19 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Well, the hair color came out pretty bad, You can use the shape of my head and probably the shape of the hair but do it the way you want. My hair is chestnut, not black like it shows. So in the end, do it in any way you like as long as my hair is a bit curly and dark chestnut.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Zozma

April 30, 2008, 06:43:56 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i MIGHT be able to use that 20yo male picture as the template as well, (not the hair but the face. where IS vincent anyway? lol

Xifanie

April 30, 2008, 07:04:33 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
looks like philsov took him with himself.  :?

Edit: Oh, that's right the new shishi will have all the grouped body parts that are used in animation. You'll just have to load the sprite file and select the SHP type. That way you'll easily notice any graphical glitch.

Zozma

April 30, 2008, 07:18:06 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
ahh well, ill still create a sprite for him even tho i couldnt get any feedback on what he wanted it to look like. also wind mage? well i am trying to create a few wind spells.. i already made aero (1) by recoloring "gusty wind" to a green spell

VincentCraven

May 03, 2008, 07:14:27 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Oh sorry, I didn't realize anyone was expecting me to do stuff. I've been busy studying for my finals =D.

That, and I need to wipe my computer.  I'm using my parents computer right now, but the computer I usually use is extremely slow. It's like, 5 yrs old or something?

Anywho... hopefully you haven't started on it yet.  I would prefer to have a sprite without armor (based off a mage of some sort).
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Zozma

May 04, 2008, 01:24:59 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
havent started yet, havent had the chance to work on anything in the last week.

VincentCraven

May 04, 2008, 09:01:04 am #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Good.  If I have time, I may make it myself, so make my sprite a low priority if it isn't already.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Zozma

May 04, 2008, 04:29:07 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
theres a trick to creating a sprite easily and still making it look unique and good. beatrix for example, most of her parts are actually agrias with a few pixel modifications :) if you use a sprite template that you dont have to mess with the arms way too much then its easy.

alright zodiac, what kind of armor or clothing? pick something thats even remotely similar as far as sprite clothes.

also, i know she bears a great resemblance to jenna from gs as is, however if you gave the custom sprite i made for lavian a more gothic set of colors you could easily make her some sort of dark mage or necromancer type...

Zozma

June 21, 2008, 05:33:12 am #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
okay... so i've really really had a tough time figuring out how to make zodiac look with only an avatar to work with.... this is just one of many experiments... i used a ninja sprite to get this...

if the arms are left near to how they appear in the picture, the sprite can be done relatively quickly... its just an idea tho nothing more
(also the blue pants and brown gloves are merely colors from the default ninja and can easily be changed ... and perhaps the shade of red in the hair as well, also armor could be put under the jacket instead of.. well nothing? hehe... hopefully the sprite is going in an ok direction but if not i can always use it for something else and go in a different direction for ya...

Xifanie

June 21, 2008, 06:52:25 am #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Dang...

Like, you could have asked me, no?  8)

If you really want everything to really look like me:
- I have curly (8/10) hair (mid length) but I straighten it sometimes (I'd prefer that actually) and the color is dark chestnut.
- I don't normally wear anything but pants, whoever that jacket is fucking nice so keep it as well as the shoes.
- Me with gloves? nah... BAR HANDS!

I'm really not sure about the hairstyle.

In any case, I'll update my avatar accordingly and make sure it's 16 colors.

Zozma

June 21, 2008, 04:43:27 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yeah i remember mention about the hair, but for the sake of creating a sample i went with the current avatar, even tho the red would look better darker. it probably would be easier to create straitened hair but perhaps you have a sample of the hairstyle. don't worry about the hair ill get it the way you want it, but of course its a big part of the sprite so its an important part
for me to get right before i continue.

Zozma

June 22, 2008, 05:39:21 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
off topic, but i've seen people asking for the Balthier and Luso sprites would it be a good idea in addition to the customs added, to post them on the sprites section as well? i don't think everyone knows where to find them without this site, plus some don't have the psp version....

also this is just another experiment

karsten

June 23, 2008, 02:11:34 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
ahah so nice, looks like FF8's  laguna  :D

LastingDawn

June 23, 2008, 02:16:38 am #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hehe, it does look quite a bit like Laguna.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

June 23, 2008, 03:14:46 am #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hehe, perhaps you're right, the thought had occured to me as well even tho it wasn't my intent. i suppose if i were to give him longer hair in the back it really could pass as laguna. (and he still has those stylish ninja shoes <3)
(this whole sprite was a combo of 20yo male and male ninja, its a really funny coincidence that the jacket resembled laguna's after the combination....)

ill save that hairdo for later tho since im really just trying to guess how to make zodi's hair. curly would probably be hard to do with such small sprites...

first i just recolored the hair (which i really like that shade of brown, not enough in the game either...) it does look much better this color... the head

(before i added to it matches the 20 yo Male sprite which is what zodiac's current avatar is based off of... perhaps leaving out the hair in the front is a better choice so as not to be laguna? but should i make it longer somewhere else? hmmm anyway this should be a snap to animate fully once ive got the hair perfect.

Xifanie

June 23, 2008, 05:57:10 am #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Good hair color and the hair in front suits me.

Whoever the rest of the hair would need to be worked too. :O