• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 29, 2024, 07:00:56 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

VK patch ALPHA bugs, notes etc

Started by karsten, April 12, 2008, 09:26:55 am

Zozma

April 16, 2008, 06:14:20 am #20 Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 07:41:50 am by Zozma
any guidelines or characters[or parts of characters] to base it off of? perhaps some hairdo's?

if i add her, i think ill give her a few modified versions of clouds limits plus some white magics.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

trickstardude7

April 16, 2008, 06:18:24 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
oo nice! i thought that the vincent/karsten/zodiacs base sprites were made but you just need to finish

karsten

April 16, 2008, 07:02:18 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Zozma"any guidelines or characters[or parts of characters] to base it off of? perhaps some hairdo's?

just that karsten is dark haired and have beard like mine :wink:

Zozma

April 17, 2008, 07:38:35 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
allright well ill give it a go!... cant promise anything quick tho, gotta think of what im gonna do.. plus i usually just create something at random, even the little beatrix sample was spontaneous hehe... still sprites can be added in at any time right? ill try to give you some good samples soon tho :)

did you have any sprites already? i thought i saw a picture of one once long time ago. still it doesnt have to be based off of that but if you have it may i also see it?

trickstardude7

April 17, 2008, 03:19:24 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
i believe kuraudo made one for vincent and zodiac well here they are

trickstardude7

April 17, 2008, 03:24:35 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
oh and karsten all by kuraudo

Zozma

April 17, 2008, 09:00:03 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
those would be quite easy to complete actually, still with the wind mage i was thinking of taking the knights cape and combining it with that shrine knight outfit... hmmm?

NeedsMoreNoise

April 17, 2008, 09:15:33 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "Zozma"those would be quite easy to complete actually, still with the wind mage i was thinking of taking the knights cape and combining it with that shrine knight outfit... hmmm?
Do you have any more previews for the Beatrix sprite? :O

Zozma

April 17, 2008, 09:28:51 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
not yet, still working on the basic directions after that itll be a cakewalk.

there are going to be too many specials to let them all join. ill probably make her a boss. with a red version of "Omnislash" renamed Climhazzard to resemble her version in ff9. like a really hard boss.... lol.

also karsten did u really want a mustache? this picture has one but if i base it more like your avatar id keep it off orill have to work on making a thinner one or something?.

so this sprite, if you spiced it up just a little bit you could go in this sort of direction... i probably can take the brown cloak and make it something else.
let me know if you're interested in this sprite's creation or something different.... now then also down to business.. i must remove about 2 or 3 colors... probably the best is that yellow/gold on the front side.... ill have to either remove that or make it one of the other colors on the sprite.

karsten

April 18, 2008, 11:03:46 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Zozma"not yet, still working on the basic directions after that itll be a cakewalk.

there are going to be too many specials to let them all join. ill probably make her a boss. with a red version of "Omnislash" renamed Climhazzard to resemble her version in ff9. like a really hard boss.... lol.

also karsten did u really want a mustache? this picture has one but if i base it more like your avatar id keep it off orill have to work on making a thinner one or something?.

so this sprite, if you spiced it up just a little bit you could go in this sort of direction... i probably can take the brown cloak and make it something else.
let me know if you're interested in this sprite's creation or something different.... now then also down to business.. i must remove about 2 or 3 colors... probably the best is that yellow/gold on the front side.... ill have to either remove that or make it one of the other colors on the sprite.

oh my it's soo great :shock:

edit: i would say face of 1, hairs of 2, beard of 2 closed

Zozma

April 18, 2008, 07:58:04 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
allright then, then ill do the sprite, (ill work on the portrait more later), i must let you know however that that little bit of gold on the outfit might have to be either be removed or recolored to another set of colors on the sprite (you pick) because i have just a few too many colors more than 16...

also i dont know if kuraudo ever made more frames for this sprite, but be sure he gets credit for putting together the origional alright? i only tweeked it a bit but i think i can finish this rather quickly once i start.
(where has he been anyway? havent seen recent posts... or maybe i havent seen them on the pages im usually on...) ohhh this was the "bugs" section wasnt it? i sort of derailed it didn't I? ah well...

-EDIT-
okay karsten, i had to remove the little gold belt buckle (to get 16 colors exactly) because i tried it with the different colors remaining and it didnt look right... is this okay? if so ill get started with the walking frames. plus, removing it separtes him even more so from orlandu...

(after i finish Karsten, beatrix will get some spotlight, however then its on to Zodiac and Vincent :), Karsten let the two know that im interested in creating sprites for them as well they are not limited to shrine knight uniforms, but it will be a much quicker process if the body parts already partially exist.... afterall you've provided this great site, "human" sprites are my strong-point let me give something back to u guys...) this particular one kind of makes me think of what the heavenly knight outfit would look like.....

karsten

April 19, 2008, 07:52:41 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Zozma"allright then, then ill do the sprite, (ill work on the portrait more later), i must let you know however that that little bit of gold on the outfit might have to be either be removed or recolored to another set of colors on the sprite (you pick) because i have just a few too many colors more than 16...

also i dont know if kuraudo ever made more frames for this sprite, but be sure he gets credit for putting together the origional alright? i only tweeked it a bit but i think i can finish this rather quickly once i start.
(where has he been anyway? havent seen recent posts... or maybe i havent seen them on the pages im usually on...) ohhh this was the "bugs" section wasnt it? i sort of derailed it didn't I? ah well...

-EDIT-
okay karsten, i had to remove the little gold belt buckle (to get 16 colors exactly) because i tried it with the different colors remaining and it didnt look right... is this okay? if so ill get started with the walking frames. plus, removing it separtes him even more so from orlandu...

(after i finish Karsten, beatrix will get some spotlight, however then its on to Zodiac and Vincent :)

Xifanie

April 19, 2008, 09:07:06 am #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
One of our problems is that Vincent will look way too much like Wiggy; especially for the portrait.

Though, I suppose I'll make myself a completely new portrait.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xifanie

April 19, 2008, 09:34:38 am #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
This is me FFTized

The problem is that the eyes and mouth looked way too messy after resizing so I remove them, I'll leave that to you.  :)

Of course cut down the bottom part and put me in shiny armor. =D
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Zozma

April 22, 2008, 05:39:20 am #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hmm testing is going pretty well...

karsten

April 23, 2008, 02:07:23 am #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
this rocks :)

Zozma

April 26, 2008, 04:59:49 am #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
sorry i havent put out the sprite yet, my nights havent been free for like a week so i havent been able to play around with anything at all :P but ill get there very soon

Xifanie

April 26, 2008, 06:58:24 am #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
You are working at godspeed IMHO.

And anyway, we all have things that happen here and there; no need to be sorry about that.

karsten

April 27, 2008, 02:39:54 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
yes, thanks again. by the way i'm not disappeared but i have my holyday abroad

Zozma

April 27, 2008, 11:32:06 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
alright heres the sprite open for testing, the portrait can always be changed later. *note* i didn't actually test the singing animations.....