• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:22:41 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Hacktics Growth and Random Ideas

Started by Archael, May 21, 2009, 06:45:03 pm

Archael

May 21, 2009, 06:45:03 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
hi guys im about to go to the gym but I have some things to talk about hear: I have done some thinking and while I was once extremely productive on this site with 1.3 and with tons of videos, I haven't really contributed something significant in awhile, so I will make this thread and leave it hear for some ideas...

1) Are you interested in FFH Growing into a bigger community? Or do you want it to stay small like it is now?

2) What could we do to make it grow, if you do want it to grow?

3) Is Zodiac looking for ideas to add to the site? Is Zodiac looking for the site to become something bigger? New members? New Organization?

4) What about that FFT Radio Show? Wut'z going on with that? Could we add it to the site?

5) So guys when are we gonna work on that massive community project that will get us all in trouble with Square? I mean, ???

6) I miss BastardPoetry and CoK, I wish he could update on progress... this site needs it's own CoK page with a video player for videos.

7) Would you like to see more FFH related videos? I have begun to talk with Asmo about making a FFH related game for Knytt Stories for fun.

8) Post thoughts about FFH here / status of the community

Cheetah

May 21, 2009, 08:47:19 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
1) I'm not too worried about it. If we produce interesting hacks, then the community will grow that way. I also think that is the healthiest way to spread the word and draw more people in.

2) See above.

3) ?

4) The radio show is cool, I think it would be a fine means of advertisement. Maybe for just big announcements, I don't know.

5) Someday...

6) The Chronicles of Kanbabrif does already have it's own site. The Chronicles is in a good space, no worries my man.

7) Neutral

8) We are in a tough spot because our main projects are getting to tough spots and are having to overcome those hurdles. Things are a bit quiet as well with most advancements and work being done in pretty much the same areas. We just need to diversify a bit. Plus Voldemort needs to find something productive to do with Darthpaul.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

May 21, 2009, 10:01:27 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
1) I don't really care as much as I have decent members, and I normally achieve that by removing the unwanted ones with the banhamma.

2) Hmm... maek hax?

3) I don't know if I'm the right person to answer this but: I'm always full of stuff to do and if I prioritize something, more than likely something else of least interest for me or that doesn't absolutely require my assistance will fall. I'm always open though, even given that.

4) Uh, I can't watch it so I can't say.

5) FFT: Crimson Blades

6) BP already insisted to keep it on his site and the video is available already in the video section of the site.

7) Ask again when I have high speed.

8) FFH is gay.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kaijyuu

May 22, 2009, 03:10:58 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
FFH seems to be in a comfortable spot in terms of size and activity.

Understandable that people might want something bigger, but I don't think it's something anyone can effectively do (directly anyway).

An overused movie quote sums it up, I think: "If you build it, they will come."
Making awesome stuff that turns heads will be more effective in drawing people than anything else.

Samuraiblackbelt

May 22, 2009, 01:48:41 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
I think the community is fine the way it is,if it grows naturaly,then so be it,but I don't think we really need to force it to grow
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Archael

May 22, 2009, 01:51:28 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
HGH!!!!!

Dokurider

May 22, 2009, 03:47:50 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
I think FFH's Scream technique needs to be improved. I think rather than Innocent, Haste and Berserk, I think that it should be Haste, PA+1, MA+1, and heal 33% HP, only if your HP is at critical.

Samuraiblackbelt

May 22, 2009, 03:58:53 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
Quote from: "Voldemort"HGH!!!!!

what?
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

454Casull

May 22, 2009, 04:07:38 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 454Casull
human grow horny

DarthPaul

May 22, 2009, 04:40:52 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Voldemort"HGH!!!!!

Aww fuck, dudes on the roids.

1) I think we should grow slowly to stay under the radar. I don't think square would bother us, but you never know who is gonna send a fraudulent e-mail.

2) Just wait. People are coming, if we grow too fast we might be bombarded my MagiTeks.

3)

4) I would be interested in an FFH style talkshow. Kind of a late night thing, though we are world wide and that might cause problems. Also play some FFT related movie and have sections of awesome music.

5) This will probably happen after Mercs/CoP/Remix are done.

6) I miss BP and his CoK too, but he will be back when he is ready.

7) I would like to see more videos/parodies.

8) This place has come pretty far since I started lurking. The growth has all been positive and the members have gotten better, and we have gained some good new talent i.e. Smash, Curu, Zalge to an extent Zalge.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

VincentCraven

May 23, 2009, 12:39:44 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I think FFH is a pretty cool guy.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

The Chad

May 26, 2009, 11:28:53 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Chad
we need to team up with a other site for us to grow biger but what site?

deadlyangel91792

May 29, 2009, 08:18:43 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by deadlyangel91792
1) I would prefer a bigger community i like my posts to be responded to quick and plus more people to talk to

2) publicity,youtubevideo tutorials and real mindblowing hacks shown off to the fullest even with just sprite and text hacks that would be enough

3) i doubt it i think it would be to much trouble ive only been here a couple days but i gotta say i like zodiacs style

4) holy poop!!!! fft has a radio show add it ASAP

5) as soon as i learn to hex edit and asm hack then its me you and everyone and their grandma

6) well you can never have to much cok lol

7) YES!!! oh god yes EDIT:wtf G -  O  -  D gets edited to st.ajora lol badass

8) i think this place is really great it reminds me of pokecommunity when it first started and has just as much potential i say we add ff6 to the site too

Archael

May 29, 2009, 08:24:52 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I think we can all agree that Zodiac as the one and only mod + final say in site decisions is the best thing about this site

he is no BS and he does NOT afraid

Samuraiblackbelt

May 29, 2009, 08:31:03 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
Quote from: "Voldemort"\he is no BS and he does NOT afraid

yep

Xifanie

May 29, 2009, 08:48:24 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
of ANYTHING
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Pickle Girl Fanboy

May 30, 2009, 04:51:54 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Quote from: "Voldemort"2) What could we do to make it grow... ?

How can I say this?  I don't like just sitting around and waiting for the REAL hackers to complete their projects, but I don't have much choice.  I want to make more of this game moddable, but I don't have the skills.  So, why don't the hackers put stuff they want done, shitwork/mindless boring shit that a lackey can do, on a notice board where less experienced modders can do it for them, saving the higher-ups time and getting the new guys some experience.

Samuraiblackbelt

May 30, 2009, 05:41:09 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
Quote from: "death is the road to awe"
Quote from: "Voldemort"2) What could we do to make it grow... ?

How can I say this?  I don't like just sitting around and waiting for the REAL hackers to complete their projects, but I don't have much choice.  I want to make more of this game moddable, but I don't have the skills.  So, why don't the hackers put stuff they want done, shitwork/mindless boring shit that a lackey can do, on a notice board where less experienced modders can do it for them, saving the higher-ups time and getting the new guys some experience.

I kinda like this idea

DarthPaul

May 30, 2009, 07:28:18 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "death is the road to awe"How can I say this?  I don't like just sitting around and waiting for the REAL hackers to complete their projects, but I don't have much choice.  I want to make more of this game moddable, but I don't have the skills.  So, why don't the hackers put stuff they want done, shitwork/mindless boring shit that a lackey can do, on a notice board where less experienced modders can do it for them, saving the higher-ups time and getting the new guys some experience.

This would also give those with mediocre skills a way to hone them.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Xifanie

May 30, 2009, 08:14:55 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I've already said back then that people could test the unknowns in FFT Patcher; that's the lowest level to help hacking. Only one person ever did that AFAIK though...

After that there is stuff like the event instructions for those that know or that wish to learn making custom events.