• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

Zenius

Eternal

Apparently your Black Mage graduated from the University of Rafa. =P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

And I have obtained permission to use the translation! Expect screenshots sometime within the next day or so.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

OK, here are a few screenshots to whet your appetite whilst I finish event editing Chapter 1 and testing stuff.

Don't mind the glaring EVTCHR issue in the first screenshot, guys. =P

Regarding the title screen, I'll be adding "Newtype" in the black bar under the title. So it'll look slightly different.

Celdia

Quote from: "Eternal248"*pictures*

Oooh, shiny! I like.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Zenius

I like what you did with Wiggy 1
Lol @ Inspire

degrofm

April 24, 2010, 11:23:08 pm #86 Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 12:07:53 am by degrofm
I LOVE the sprite for Scholar. Looks like it is inspired by Shakespeare. :D

EDIT: Jimmy, and the others involved in the spriting for this patch (and the spriting in general on FFHacktics), thank you so much for sharing your talent on this site. I'm always really impressed at the sprites you folks turn out, and the Scholar is no exception. Makes me want to spend the summer attempting to teach myself how to make sprites...

Eternal

@Zenius: Thanks! I had given him other similar skills, but he refused to use them.

@degrofm: Thank Jimmy and the other spriters. They do great work!

Eternal

I'm representing Quickenings as accurately as I can- which includes the high MP cost. But, the attack power and range is pretty good, and there's no CT for them.

The Damned

I chuckled at seeing that Balthier's job is the "Leading Man". He's so entertainingly self-important.

I still have yet to start your patch (or any other...or continue with 1.3 [fucking Zalmo]), but I'll try once again tonight considering that I finally got done counting all the items I want to change. God damn, Armor is fucking useless. I have to replace like 60 things just with that, but enough about that (yet again).

Out of curoisity, are you going give female Scholars a new sprite eventually? Say something along the line of a (sexy) librarian?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

Of course I'll be giving them a sprite eventually, I just haven't decided upon what yet. I had joked on IRC that the female Scholar should be based off of Quistis, but I doubt that'll happen. =P

The Damned

Aw, Quistis needs more love.

Lord knows she never got any from Squall or the game itself.

Last question for tonight, when it comes to Balthier replacing Cloud, it's basically just him coming in Cloud's place during that specific event, correct? Or do you plan to change other things with regards to that? (If you do, then you don't have to say what you plan to change, of course.)

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

Yes. Balthier is summoned exactly as Cloud was, and is saved at Zarghidas as well. Not that the leading man needs saving, mind. Below is a screenshot taken from the event. Currently there are 5 EVTCHR errors, but that's par for the course with my patch. =P

Kagebunji

Speak up all those EVTCHR errors, I will try it later on.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zenius

Lol Zeakden
Delita pwning face is always good

I'm considering feeding my generics to Rad and the gang...hmm...

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "Eternal248"Apparently your Black Mage graduated from the University of Rafa. =P

*RAFA'S MAGICAL ACADEMY FOR EXTRAORDINARILY "GIFTED" STUDENTS.

If you're going to steal my jokes, do it right.  :p

Zenius

Damn, I didn't expect there not being any rooftop Hunters at Dorter2 haha xD

@Eternal: Does the DD still have exit panels and Move-Finds??

Eternal

@Kage: After I'm done with all the events, I'll whip up a list of the evtchr errors.

@Zenius: lol, how can you NOT like face-pwning Delita? Regarding DD, yeah, there are still exit panels and Move-Finds. However, there's no need for a low Brave unit since all Move-Finds are rare 100% now.

@Raven: She is extraordinary. Extraordinarily bad.

The Damned

So, I tried to finally start you patch about a minute or two ago, Eternal, and it seems like there's a game-crashing glitch that occurs right as Orbonne Monastery/Abbey opens. I had thought it was pSX acting up the first time, but then I used my 1.3 file to open the game to check if the abilities and such were changed to your versions and they were.

It happened twice in a row, so I'm guessing it must be one of the errors you talked about, which...annoys me slightly since I had wanted to play your latest version from the beginning.

Oh well, I guess this gives me time to do something else. After all, I don't expect you to rush to fix this (since I know it's likely you will eventually fix this) just for me and I think I'm probably FFT'd out after working on my own patch for weeks straight and other things anyway.