• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:07:37 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

Good vids TrueLight and Malroth, I think you guys may be able to get the hang of it soon. I want to take a break for recording Arena for a while if that's all right with everyone
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

Malroth

Let the man have his break,  we don't wan't him still bummed out about making videos once 1.39 is out

Zotis

Okay fine... hey, can someone test out my Assassination Attempt team?

Edit: I will miss his commentary in the meantime...

Otabo

I would record videos again, but I'm not going to until 1.39 is out.

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on November 13, 2013, 08:59:22 pm
Good vids TrueLight and Malroth, I think you guys may be able to get the hang of it soon. I want to take a break for recording Arena for a while if that's all right with everyone

Go ahead and take a break.  It's about to become crunch time for end of semester goodness (badness?).
My dreams can come true!

Barren

Quote from: Zotis on November 13, 2013, 10:00:43 pm
Okay fine... hey, can someone test out my Assassination Attempt team?

Edit: I will miss his commentary in the meantime...

I really appreciate your kind words but even for someone like me I need to some time off so I can

A) focus more on college since finals are cracking down.
B) give other people a chance to record videos in my stead and let someone else in the spotlight.
C) as Malroth said, I can relax without getting burned out for recording so many videos

Zotis

Yeah, I know... everyone needs breaks sometimes.

...Finals in November?  They were in December at my University...

Barren

November 14, 2013, 02:17:29 pm #2508 Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:52:44 pm by Barren
Finals in December.  I also need to catch up on my studies and hopefully maintain a good grade

Elmdork

This is awesome! I can't believe it took me so long to find you guys. I'll participate once I get my sea legs in 1.3 (clearly a n00b)
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Zotis

What's up Rouroni, you might as well make a team with whatever knowledge you have from playing FFT.  Although... it'll need a lot of tweeking... maybe watch Season 2 first.

Malroth

yeah there's enough differences between arena and 1.3 that you'd need to relearn the system anyway.

Zotis

Elmdork

November 16, 2013, 11:47:14 am #2514 Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:30:49 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Team: The river people
Color: blue/white trim

Boot - male - Cancer
Ninja
Br. 70
Fa. 50

Kagesougi

Basic skill

Accumulate, heal, yell, wish

Counter
Atk up
Move +1

Main gauche
Air cutter
Thief hat
Secret clothes
Leather mantle

Face - male - Serpentine
Paladin
Br. 50
Fa. 50

Nurse, Iron will

Item

X-potion, all status cures, phoenix down

Auto potion
Throw
Move HP up

Ancient sword
Crystal shield
Diamond helm
Maximilian
Feather mantle

Thorn - male - taurus
Monk
Br. 70
Fa. 70

Wave fist, chakra, revive, stigma magic

Elemental

All elements

HP restore
Atk up
Warpath

Twist headband
Power sleeve
Bracers

Pancakes - female - virgo
Oracle
Br. 50
Fa. 70

Dispel, petrify

White magic

Cure 2, cure 4, raise, esuna, regen, protect, holy

Critical quick
Half mp

Octagon rod
Gold hairpin
Robe of lords
108 gems

Bear in mind, I am using a tablet and have never played fft arena, but having played ft since its release, here is a team I think stands a good chance in the ring. Please feel free to challenge and record! I'm dying to see how it plays out. I sat with a spreadsheet with all the info and a piece of paper, crunching values in my head. The only thing is I didn't use new skills (not explained in spreadsheet like warpath and pilgrimage) cuz I had no idea what they did.

Anywho, good luck to you, challenger. Boot is a real dick. If I do well, I will start making themed teams.

Dokurider

Just an quick FYI, you can't Two Sword Main Gauche. It'd be pretty OP otherwise. You can try Dual Cutter, Repel Knife, Mage Masher, or Platina Knife instead. They'll still grant you 30% W-Ev, which is still pretty high.

Elmdork

November 16, 2013, 01:40:12 pm #2516 Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:29:29 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Thanks, pal. I'll make the change now. I was also looking at the master guide... my monk HAS to be male :'( male monks have like... 3 more PA than the girls. Oh and those knives only give 15% according to the master guide, so I went with the air knife. Why the hell not? As you can see, they like to sand bag (face is the best sandbag ever, gave him throw instead of def up, just to make sure he has something to do) and make your day crappy with statuses.

reinoe

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on November 16, 2013, 01:40:12 pm
Thanks, pal. I'll make the change now. I was also looking at the master guide... my monk HAS to be male :'( male monks have like... 3 more PA than the girls. Oh and those knives only give 15% according to the master guide, so I went with the air knife. Why the hell not? As you can see, they like to sand bag (face is the best sandbag ever, gave him throw instead of def up, just to make sure he has something to do) and make your day crappy with statuses.

Hiya Rouroni.  If you'd like specific tips on how to tweak your team you can create your own thread too.  I know using a tablet can be tough but it is important to post a team using the right format.  It creates a lot of extra work otherwise for those who do the recordings.
REGISTRATION FORMAT:
Name
Fury
Faith
Primary Class
Secondary
Reaction
Support
Movement
Right Hand
Left Hand
Head
Body
Accessory

Primary abilities known
Second abilities known
My dreams can come true!

Elmdork

Heh, I just want to see a fight.  :twisted:

Sorry for the improper format, I'll make it clean next time. Hope it's clear enough, I don't wanna type it again  :cry:
Any noobs in the house wanna take a shot? Or perhaps a veteran can whoop some knowledge into me.

reinoe

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on November 16, 2013, 03:09:20 pm
Heh, I just want to see a fight.  :twisted:

Sorry for the improper format, I'll make it clean next time. Hope it's clear enough, I don't wanna type it again  :cry:
Any noobs in the house wanna take a shot? Or perhaps a veteran can whoop some knowledge into me.

Sure I'll take care of it.  In fact I'll go ahead and create a new thread so that this one doesn't get clogged and various posters can post some ideas about your team...
My dreams can come true!