• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:36:48 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

TrueLight

Pretty good match from both sides. Making the Paladin 9 speed worked out well and he didn't interrupt his Monk buddy too many times. Round 2 was horrible as my team charged forward and got in the range of the spells. HP Restore never triggered once and the dead/Don't Act proc sealed the deal. Round 3 was a nice back and forward match, but the Summon Magic Dancer unfortunately ran out of MP. GG Damned. I don't think Paralyze would have been effective against my team since my Lancers are wearing Crystal Helmets and my Monk was wearing a Chakra Band. Although, not having Move-MP Up really hurt your Summoner.

Quote from: The DamnedWherein I realize that I cannot remember if I have ever , in actuality, fought TrueLight before, at least in 1.38d.

The latest fight between us was Super Weapons against Wager The Time of Your Life from about a month ago. If you go back even further, our last battle was from Arena 1.32, which was quite a while ago.
  • Modding version: PSX

RavenOfRazgriz

I was prodded back into watching a couple matches because someone told me Y U SO DERP had another run, and I need to ask how old that version you have even is, The Damned.  I'm pretty sure Y U SO DERP hasn't run that setup in over a damn year.

I haven't even updated the team in almost 8 months now, how do you even have that setup anymore to begin with?

CT5Holy

As a side note, you can always use FFTastic for matches (that's how I did them until I messed around with the memcard generator - in fact, I used FFTastic for the first vid I uploaded).

Next match from me: Cruel Concoction vs Doku's Mana Missile Matrix. No idea when that's going to happen - might be next week since I'll be out of town from Thursday to... Sunday? something like that.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

reinoe

Quote from: Dokurider on April 09, 2013, 02:26:57 am
I made the memory card for him. I messed up. Again.

That is interesting though.  I figured something was weird when I saw the dancers using Polka Polka and Disillusioned.  It must be an issue somewhere.  I've noticed people saying things like "that was an old version of the team" a lot lately.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

Half of time it would be us not being mindful at checking the team submissions when we are about to record or the players updating their teams in the middle of recording and sometimes we just don't want to re-record the matches especially if it slows down our progress on making the videos.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

I figure all of the current teams will be put into the new memcard generator when 1.39 is released, so no biggie, though it would be good to get into the habit of assuring the team you're using for a match is the most current one when you create the memcard.

Speaking of, I just reminded myself I was gonna revert Celestial Stasis... *goes to do so*
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

CT5Holy

Dol's 2x Moonlight Meatbone Slash Paladin could do like ~1400 courtesy of Meatbone Slash + Moonlight procs. Of course, no one will survive a 2S Meatbone Slash, but it's fun to think about.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

DarkxFatal

A pretty good match overall, except for the third round.
Maybe I was just unlucky, though it's hard to not have a 50% proc activate, but given the relative back and forth nature, it probably could've gone either way.
GG/GF, Dol.

(also, I keep forgetting about Nurse having Regen. Somehow. Looks like Tarkus will be getting a new chestpiece.)
  • Discord username: Tristan#9682

The Damned

(Ugh. Internet issues again.

Anyway, thanks to both DarkxFatal and Dokurider for PM'ing me Shadow's Call stats some days ago. Really need to get on top of things.)

Yeah, Dokurider still makes my memory cards because...issues, but it's my fault for the most part still, Raven, since as Barren pointed out, as I wasn't as mindful of checking as I should have been. My apologies. I shall make it up to you by having Y U SO DERP fight twice next memory card in addition to probably having Dokurider's Missionaries from Heaven fight your Rave Masters.

*imagines he hears Dokurider suddenly shuddering somewhere*

You can even pick your victims opponents if you want.

That said, with that needing to be amended now as well and the fact that I was already going to definitely use a couple of Dol's teams for the next memory card, that's already a third of it taken up. Hmmm...I'll have to decide the other ten matches quite carefully then given all the new teams; I can get away with not fighting at all on that one, especially since I still need to update my team post.

Anyway, though, I have two things to ask:

1. As I said in one of the videos I posted, I'm experimenting with delaying the intro songs by four seconds and expanding to the team "survey" part to 30 sconds, spending 3 seconds per unit rather than a mere 2 (unless they're filthy, filthy clones--*eyes Superboy*). I figure it's a minute change--possible pun not intended--on both parts, but I think it might make the intro less audibly jarring (on certain songs, like aforementioned "Cutting Edge") and the unit set-ups clearer respectively. Is this important?

2. While screwing around with Journey of the 5 last night, I discovered that I can randomly record in-game audio again for seemingly no reason after being unable to for quite some time. I still have no idea what caused it and having in-game audio seems like it will make things more difficult to edit, if only because it's more difficult to cover up my (many) fuck-ups. Still, if people want in-game audio, then I'll try to start doing that (while I can), partly because being able to hear death-cries makes it easier to tell what the hell is going on some maps or during some attacks like Lore. So, do people want in-game audio recorded for (my) videos? And if they do, do they still want music alongside it? Or in-game audio only like Dokurider's videos? (I'm still not doing commentary regardless.)

That said, I'll probably do whatever match I record next--likely Jumza versus xyzqwv--both with in-game audio and without and post both tomorrow-ish before I leave just to give people an idea. I'll probably post everything else en-masse on Friday since I'll be around to finally update both my patches on the other sub-forum.

Sorry for the wait, everyone. And thanks to Barren & CT5Holy for recording in the meantime.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

I don't care which opponents it is since I don't invest much time in Arena anymore.

I was just more confused as to how anyone could still have an older draft of the team still lying around.

TrueLight

Statuses got me in the beginning, but my team managed to survive and slowly got back in the battle. It was unfortunate that my Thief chose to use Quickening instead of reviving my Wizard, but oh well. Archer did constant damage and charm really was the tide-turner. GG Reks.

Reks

April 11, 2013, 04:18:24 am #2214 Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:33:31 pm by Reks
Good to see the Chemist doing what she's supposed to do: Sandbag when she has to, and otherwise harass with Arm Aim and gunshots. Also realized she had a Chantage, when I'd meant to give a Cherche to her. GG Truelight!

Angelus

haven't been FFH for a while but I can clearly see that my team needs adjusting. GG Otabo

Dokurider

So my brand spanking new gaming computer is finally working, so that means I can resume recording some Arena videos (with higher quality!) That is, after I buy the necessary programs (the downsides of building your own computer; no Microsoft Office support)

A Holy team goes up against a team that blocks holy and loses. Well, it was my fault for not packing consecration though.

Well I don't have to make a G-Bow team now. Simply put, Lightinghax's team was fast enough to keep up with me, negating my biggest strength. Without my speed, Lightninghax was able to put the Giraffe Gun to some use, one shotting everyone on my team easily.

Reks

I'd offer to face off against LightningHax's new team, Stagnant Water, under the condition that SWA not be used because of how redundant that'd be. So CS would be nice.

reinoe

Quote from: Dokurider on April 14, 2013, 05:44:29 am
This is just a quick one round match I slapped together.

http://youtu.be/ZPcYTMhSBoo

You uploaded an old version of Raven's team though.  Could tell right away from the Polka Polka and Disillusion
My dreams can come true!