• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 08:09:53 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Journey of the Five Battle Logs

Started by Jumza, March 29, 2013, 01:16:44 pm

The Damned

"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

brittmarv

When you say v1.3 - are you on JoT5 v 1.3 ( I didn't hear about it until 1.8 ) or are you mixing JoT5 with FFT 1.3?

Either way, I'll add these to the wiki for you. Feel free to check it out and update there whenever you have new videos, if you don't mind.

RavenOfRazgriz

He means Jot5 Release Version 1.3.  Mixing Journey of the Five with FFT 1.3.0.6 would result in... bad things.  Planets would align, a blood circle would form under your machine, and a colony would fall on your house level of bad things.

CT5Holy

Part 5!
Sorry for the loud in-game audio.
Added to wiki.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

The Damned

(I really need to check up on videos.)

At the same time, however, I don't want to spoil myself too much. Hmm...what to do.

Regardless, I'll say this:

ATTENTION: I'm going to delay putting three-to-five more videos until tomorrow (at earliest), mostly because I still have no idea whether my new format is effective and it would be a huge waste of time to try to an edit a 45~ minute video that way.

Quote from: brittmarv on May 07, 2013, 01:14:55 pm
When you say v1.3 - are you on JoT5 v 1.3 ( I didn't hear about it until 1.8 ) or are you mixing JoT5 with FFT 1.3?

Either way, I'll add these to the wiki for you. Feel free to check it out and update there whenever you have new videos, if you don't mind.

The former. Even if the latter worked, I was never that big of a fan of FFT 1.3, at least towards the latter part of the game. Damn fake difficulty through Elixirs.

I'll try to keep the wiki stuff mind though.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

3lric

Let not start this here please, thank you.
  • Modding version: PSX

CT5Holy

CT5Holy

May 09, 2013, 02:49:22 pm #188 Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:58:21 pm by CT5Holy
Part 7 is up!

Added to wiki.

And now Part 8 is up as well.

brittmarv

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

The Damned

May 11, 2013, 03:11:26 am #191 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:18:33 am by The Damned
(Great. CT5Holy making me look even lazier. Quite the accomplishment.)

That said, I've decided to slow down anyway for various reasons, one of them being one that I'm about to post:

FFT Journey of the Five, Ch.1 - v1.941: And Victory Just Drifted Away... - Game-breaking Glitch [17:44]

It also "helps" that posting all of those videos en masse last time was clearly a mistake given the lack of views comparative to the ones that came before and the fact that literally no one has commented on what I asked one way or the other.

As such, I'll putting up more videos this weekend provided my Internet is still working, but they'll be more spaced out.

CT5Holy

The Damned

(I really need to stop making promises.)

I at least kept my one to Elric, though, and I updated the description of the last video to something actually...descriptive about the video itself. You don't have to go back and check; it's not very important.

Anyway, five videos that I meant to post over the weekend--no longer six since I combined two of the smaller ones--before editing the Zirekile Falls West battle against the turtles became, to quote Roahm, "a thing". Thankfully it didn't become "The Thing" though:

1. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.92: ...But We'll All Float On, Okay? - Random Encounter 9 [40:47]

2. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.92: Is Lamia on Lamia Hot? - Random Encounter 10 [14:55]

3. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.92: Rescue the Ranger...from Herself - Random Encounter 11 [14:32]

4. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.92 & v1.941: The Job of Custodian - 3 Jobs & 5 MFIs [4:25]

5. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Be My Guest - Dorter at Last [12:55]

Provided my Internet doesn't actually go off, I should be past Bariaus Valley by Friday at the very latest.

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

3lric

Watching both of these once i finish catching up on The Damned videos, thank you and great job as always fellas

CT5Holy

Part 10 is now up! sorry for delay?

added to wiki and etc

3lric

Glad you enjoyed it so much CT5, I very much enjoyed watching your playthru. I hope you'll get to enjoy Ch2 just as much if not more!

The Damned

(Blegh. I need to be quicker with these, though I should be done in the next three weeks still. Probably.

...Maybe.)

Regardless, here are the next six (long-delayed) videos:

1. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Bombs? Away! - Random Encounter 12 [10:35]

2. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Moist Monster Mash - Random Encounter 13 [18:26]

3. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: You Wa (Ikanagi) Shock! - Story Battle 7 [9:27]

4. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Blown Away - Random Encounter 14 [11:26]

5. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Faithful Steeds of a Sort - Random Encounter 15 [17:37]

6. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Doom of the Giving - Golgorand At Last [18:24]

I also fixed the title typo from a while back that called Araguay Woods' Story Battle #5 instead of #6.

Also, yes, I'm aware I still owe Raven that "Shove" thing. I obviously meant this coming Friday. Obviously.