• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:47:23 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Dokurider

So any of you want a video for your teams before the tourney?

reinoe

Quote from: Dokurider on June 22, 2013, 09:01:56 pm
So any of you want a video for your teams before the tourney?

Well my Random Number Generator demands that Team 94 fight against team 41...

AKA Severe Weather Alert (Reks) vs "S1" (AeroGP)

My Random Number Generator has good taste and I'm pretty sure SWA will be Reks' team in the season tournament, so the match is relevant.
My dreams can come true!

The Damned

(Well, if you're offering....)

...And if we're beating up on Reks as a (temporary) "going-away" present, then I'll PM you the one potential tournament team I've finished, Dokurider, given I haven't directly bugged you (over PMs, anyway) in too long. That team can also fight Severe Weather Alert.

It might help a bit on deciding which team to use; feel free to have it gets ass-kicked by Cursed Ring users too if you want, especially there are an abundance of those and I need to see if this team's counter-measures to that will actually work (given the two specific anti-Undead abilities, Consecration and Seal Evil, are both too expensive and too unreliable).
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Torgo

If I shot you my team could I get a video? I wouldn't mind seeing it in action at least once before I submit it for the tournament.

Dokurider

Quote from: Torgo on June 24, 2013, 03:32:21 am
If I shot you my team could I get a video? I wouldn't mind seeing it in action at least once before I submit it for the tournament.

Absolutely. I might even be able to do it tonight if I get a moment.

Torgo

Awesome! I'll get it to you presently.

Thanks!

The Damned

(Welp, I suspected that team would do poorly, but I can't believe I looked over something basic in that first match.)

So, Dokurider recorded three matches for me, already. He'll make those "hilarious" videos public later. Well that's one team idea down, even if I could probably fix some of the most basic things wrong with it rather easily (by changing entire units).

I kinda wanted to do another element (or weapon) anyway, but since we were talking about Excalibur...; I guess I could always rename that team Excalipoor.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Ahong

I Update my team, add 'AKRC Black Edition'. Please test my both 'AKRC' and 'AKRC Black Edition'. I want to calculate them before tourney.

AeroGP

Quote from: Dokurider on June 24, 2013, 03:21:51 am
[FFT Arena 138d] Severe Weather Alert (Reks) vs {S1} (AeroGP)

{S1} is pretty bad, actually. It's overly specialized for a metagame that doesn't exist. I should probably retire it.
Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

iamBQB

Seems kinda lame to be using the same team from last season, but it's my own fault for not being more active.

Anyway I'd appreciate it if someone could put the team I Forgot the Name of through its paces.

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Ahong

I can't believe it, when i test it, the black one always win. But when it comes to the real battle, it's 3 straight wins. :O

Thank's a lot Dokurider. Now i can register my team. :D

reinoe

June 26, 2013, 05:04:34 am #2375 Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 05:30:29 am by reinoe
Quote from: Dokurider on June 25, 2013, 08:51:00 pm
FFT Arena: Torgo

Re: Torgo...
Monk: Always go with Chakra Band.  It's the only band worth using if you're a monk.  Think about it, is a monk really worried about Poison or Silence?  Also, your Monk is in dire need of a secondary.  Even if it's just ITEM/ for Phoenix Down.

Scholar: Move MP-Up and Absorb MP, and Summon?  You can afford to lose one.  Think about Magic Ring.  Are you trying to absorb/protect yourself from Holy or Wind?  If not then Defense Ring is much better for Spellcasters, plus it still protects from an element. 

Dancer: Katar is a powerful knife, but not necessarily for Dancers.  Dancers are glass cannons like Monks.  You have amazing attack power but not a lot of survivability as such Chivalry may not be the best secondary for you.  Chivalry is great for High HP or tanky units.  Take Transfusion for example.  Her HP is already low, so she heals people for not a lot of HP and sacrifices her already low HP to do so.  Also, I would consider Witch Hunt if you have the JP for it.

Bard: Why does he have Golden Hairpin?  Sing requires no excess MP provided and neither does Item.  Neither Item nor Sing get a benefit from HOLY/DARK boost. 

You should definitely have units 2 and 4 switch around, even though you're using Cheer song.  Speaking of Cheer Song you should reconsider that.  After Cheer song hits twice on the bard it's useless.  You're units are equally focused on both Magic and Physical so choose either Battle Song or Magic Song (but not both).

Take my advice with a grain of salt.  I'm only an average player.

Well that was quite epic.
My dreams can come true!

Torgo

Quote from: reinoe on June 26, 2013, 05:04:34 am
Re: Torgo...
Monk: Always go with Chakra Band.  It's the only band worth using if you're a monk.  Think about it, is a monk really worried about Poison or Silence?  Also, your Monk is in dire need of a secondary.  Even if it's just ITEM/ for Phoenix Down.

Scholar: Move MP-Up and Absorb MP, and Summon?  You can afford to lose one.  Think about Magic Ring.  Are you trying to absorb/protect yourself from Holy or Wind?  If not then Defense Ring is much better for Spellcasters, plus it still protects from an element. 

Dancer: Katar is a powerful knife, but not necessarily for Dancers.  Dancers are glass cannons like Monks.  You have amazing attack power but not a lot of survivability as such Chivalry may not be the best secondary for you.  Chivalry is great for High HP or tanky units.  Take Transfusion for example.  Her HP is already low, so she heals people for not a lot of HP and sacrifices her already low HP to do so.  Also, I would consider Witch Hunt if you have the JP for it.

Bard: Why does he have Golden Hairpin?  Sing requires no excess MP provided and neither does Item.  Neither Item nor Sing get a benefit from HOLY/DARK boost. 

You should definitely have units 2 and 4 switch around, even though you're using Cheer song.  Speaking of Cheer Song you should reconsider that.  After Cheer song hits twice on the bard it's useless.  You're units are equally focused on both Magic and Physical so choose either Battle Song or Magic Song (but not both).

Take my advice with a grain of salt.  I'm only an average player.

Monk: Yeah, Chakra Band was my original decision. I'm definitely going to run with that. PA Save is doing him no favors when he has no survivability, so that's going to go. I've juggled around his abilities and given him Draw Out with Masamune, so he can do a little round opening buffing. I want to give him Auto-Potion, but I'll have to ditch the Cursed Ring, which again wasn't really doing him any favors. I'd be better off with a Bracer or an evasion boost I think.

Scholar: Absorb MP is definitely going. For all the times it pinged relative to his use, I might as well have had something else. Anything else. Since the idea is for him to hang back and primarily use Earth Dragon and Quake, I'm going to trying rolling with Distribute. Magic Ring is going to go and he's getting Roxy's Diamond Armlet. Earth Clothes are getting swapped out for a Linen Robe, though I'm not sure how I feel about losing Strengthen: Earth.

Dancer: Roxy's getting an overhaul. She actually did have Witch Hunt, and I'll admit I was a little disappointed she didn't use it on the rounds she wasn't in range. The original idea was to take advantage of her crazy high innate PA, but I'm going to sacrifice some of that and crank up her evasion. She's getting a Mythril Shield to nullify earth rather than absorb it, and a small mantle in her accessory slot. I think the tradeoff will be worth it. I really want her to keep Southern Cross, but yeesh the hit rate on it was terrible. I'm going to try rolling her with Basic Skill, which will still take advantage of her high PA and allow her to do Other Stuff like revive and cancel charges. Accumulate will let her build her PA as well. (My original idea was to give her Steal, but in the end I wasn't really feeling it. I may revisit that idea.)

Bard: Cheer Song getting swapped out for Battle Song. I think boosting Eegah's and Roxy's PA will be more worthwhile in the long run than boosting Miller's and Arch's MA. Other than that I feel pretty good about him. I wonder if making him a Chemist /w Cheer Song would be more worthwhile though. I chose Bard because 1) they're much faster and 2) It fits the team/character theme better. But Cheer Song success isn't affected my MA, and Chemist would give allow him a gun and innate Throw Item, so...

edit: misspelled Linen Robe, though considering my team's color, Lenin Robe might actually be appropriate.

The Damned

(Yeah, you didn't do all that "bad" for a neophyte, everything considered, Torgo.)

With regards to Southern Cross on the Dancer, I actually think it's a good idea. You just had the misfortune of facing the team in ARENA that probably has most evasion overall as a team in DomieV. Then you had to face a team where half of your team got annihilated before it could even get in range, so....

That said, reinoe's other suggestions are sound as are your own adjustments.

If you want to try with the newer version of that team, I'm going to send Dokurider a "fixed" version of "Excalibur 2" as well as another potential tournament team that I'm probably more likely to use. Up to you though.

In the meanwhile, I probably should watch the two other videos on top of needing to catch up on the end entire last two months or so still. ...After I finish editing the Jot5 video for today at least.

Torgo

Quote from: The Damned on June 27, 2013, 01:28:54 pm
(Yeah, you didn't do all that "bad" for a neophyte, everything considered, Torgo.)

Thanks! That first shot was mostly me throwing crap at the wall and seeing what stuck.

Quote from: The Damned on June 27, 2013, 01:28:54 pmWith regards to Southern Cross on the Dancer, I actually think it's a good idea. You just had the misfortune of facing the team in ARENA that probably has most evasion overall as a team in DomieV. Then you had to face a team where half of your team got annihilated before it could even get in range, so...

I'll definitely want to revisit it later, but right now I think Basic Skill might be the way to go to give her a little more versatility.

Quote from: The Damned on June 27, 2013, 01:28:54 pmIf you want to try with the newer version of that team, I'm going to send Dokurider a "fixed" version of "Excalibur 2" as well as another potential tournament team that I'm probably more likely to use. Up to you though.

This sounds good to me. I shot him a revision last night/this morning, actually.