• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:11:04 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

reinoe

May 28, 2013, 11:54:39 am #2321 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:44:54 am by reinoe
Quote from: Barren on May 28, 2013, 09:05:56 am
Back with familiar tunes!

FFT Arena 1.38d - Ecthel (Man in the Mirror) vs Swiss (Agile Zombies?)

FFT Arena 1.38d - Eternal (Twlight Ultima) vs reinoe (Four Star All-Stars)

FFT Arena 1.38d - LightningHax (Phoenix Dive) vs Otabo (The Dizzy Troupe)

I've not actually created a "Reflect" team so take this advise with grain of salt.  I think how they're supposed to work is that your tanks charge ahead (Move +6 or greater) and then Black Magic is bounced of the tanks.  Unfortunately with the spells you were running there weren't many opportunities to even use the technique.  The only spell you're running that's refectable is Raise 2 and Sinkhole.  Nothing terribly offensive unless you're facing undead.  Critical Quick is terrible for spellcasters as noted by Barren.

For Swiss, Barren has already noted that you need to change your Female Paladin because MA has no bearing on Magic Gun.  You need to rely on Faith.

Agile Zombie's MVP was that Talk Skill Mediator.  I don't think a win was possible without her getting those sleeps off.  The LVP for Agile Zombies was the Paladin.  She kept waking people up with her low damage gun.

A small correction for Barren.  The wizard is no longer running Ultima.  In the spirit of integrity I did a straight copy/paste and this version of Doku's "STRANGE" doesn't have that spell.

Speaking of that Wizard she never hesitated to obliterate her teammates.  I guess there's no loyalty among these mercenaries.  Looks like the wizard learned her lesson at 7:30.  Instead of trying to go for a spell she just used Focus instead.  Round 2 was not nearly as close because there wasn't so much self inflicted AOE damage.

GG Eternal!

Dizzy Nados I think was the MVP.  Squire needs something to strengthen Air.  But Air Knife is a pretty good choice because the weapon has a lot of base damage.

I think music+commentary fits you Barren.
My dreams can come true!

Ecthel

My beginner's luck ran out D:

The main point of reflect for this team was to give mages headaches but AZ didn't really care about reflect.

Dokurider

People often question why I don't use Masamune/Haste all that much, and today, I point to this match as to why I don't use Haste with my spell casters. Because of Haste, the Nether Wizard was no longer going last, and thus getting midcharged. The second round went much smoother because she wasn't hasted right away like the first match. This is why I suggested a while back that Haste Immunity should be a thing, so that you can run haste without messing up your timing.
In conclusion:

Don't rush Wizards.

Eternal

Berserked frogs, ftw. I think I'll stick with this team for a while. I like how well it works.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ecthel

May 29, 2013, 06:54:06 pm #2326 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:59:49 pm by Ecthel
Thanks for the pointing the post thing out, that didn't occur to me p:

Mostly just gave the Lancer Kagesougi because if he decides to poke instead of jump, might as well get a few Kagesougis out of that (and if I switch to Overwhelm for the jump boost that'll be even more of a factor). I don't think I missed any items on Geomancer but I'd have to check.

Maybe swap in Black Magi for WMs? That would give a nice damage increase.

Barren

that was a very good match. I can see why my paladin doesn't use bad luck as much as she should. but I'll still keep the team name considering see should STILL be able to use it, going to make a minor change. GG reinoe
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

CT5Holy

iamBQB (This Will End in Tears) vs reinoe (12 Gauge)  <- will be up in ~30 mins, I'm just leaving it here as I go take a nap.

Yay transparent statues!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

reinoe

May 30, 2013, 02:58:56 am #2330 Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:34:34 am by reinoe
Quote from: Ecthel on May 29, 2013, 08:26:04 pm
FFT Arena - Reinoe (Four Star All Stars) vs Barren (Bad Luck)

I'm still fascinated by "Strange" but she's fired.  I can only stand to watch her kill off three of her teammates(TWICE!!!) so many times.  And yes it's friggin hilarious to watch but it's also exhausting.

GG BARREN!!!

Quote from: CT5Holy on May 29, 2013, 02:17:39 pm
Eternal (Blind Rage) vs reinoe (Wizards of Oz)

Even though Flare wizard had pretty much maxed out her Damage potential she was still only doing 317 on the Oracles.  Looks like I'll have to rely on Draw Out after all.  Of all the teams that I posted over memorial day weekend I think this one needs the most work.  Charm wrecked havok on my team.

GG ETERNAL

Well it started off really exciting but then TWEIT ran out of steam.

In Round 2 what can I say.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes your opponent is the RNG.

GG iamBQB

Quote from: CT5Holy on May 29, 2013, 10:48:49 pm
iamBQB (This Will End in Tears) vs reinoe (12 Gauge)
My dreams can come true!

Reks

I can has a match by this weekend?

Can't say precisely when, but I'll be leaving to go underway soon. And I don't know how certain peeps (Who can see what websites I go to) would react to FFH, so to be better safe, I'll avoid coming here unless in a port somewhere.

Also noticed the lack of general usage of my teams. Are you peeps just scared of me?
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Otabo

May 30, 2013, 01:51:40 pm #2332 Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:58:13 pm by Otabo
Quote from: Reks on May 30, 2013, 05:27:46 am
Also noticed the lack of general usage of my teams.

Ditto for mine. Even though Sisters and Dizzy Troupe have been seeing action as of late, I'd like to see more action from Deus Associates (despite their track record so far), Lucky Number 108, and Flying Dragons. Deus Associates especially because I'm not certain whether I should keep them around or axe them completely. So I'd like to request some matches with those three teams in particular please before I do my next major update. A match with Warped Time would be nice as well, but that team tends to drag out matches so it's up to (whoever's recording) to use them or not. I don't mind either way.

CT5Holy

May 30, 2013, 02:54:29 pm #2333 Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:16:37 pm by CT5Holy
I'll record Deus Associates vs Celestial Thunder at some point.

EDIT: Here it is! http://youtu.be/eMswiMoMYEI

reinoe

Quote from: Dokurider on May 31, 2013, 12:39:48 am
[FFT Arena 138d] Severe Weather Alert (Reks) vs Flavor of Love (Reinoe)

Well I accidentally spoilered the match in youtube but oh well.  Flover of Love may actually be just a bad team idea.
My dreams can come true!

reinoe

May 31, 2013, 05:02:15 am #2337 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:52:31 pm by reinoe
All the new teams are facing the experienced powerhouses when Doku's in charge.  It's a trial by fire for the new kids on the block.

EDIT: I'm certainly not complaining, btw.  Hope it didn't come across that way.
My dreams can come true!

Reks

Quote from: CT5Holy on May 30, 2013, 02:54:29 pm
I'll record Deus Associates vs Celestial Thunder at some point.

EDIT: Here it is! http://youtu.be/eMswiMoMYEI

Noted: Celestial Thunder isn't actually that good. Status and heavy damage just don't QUITE go together, at least not in CT's formula. They're going hiatus for an untold amount of time until I feel they should be fixed, so focus on my teams will be purely on Severe Weather Alert and Celestial Stasis GG!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

CT5Holy

Quote from: Dokurider on May 31, 2013, 03:28:48 am
[FFT Arena 138d] Ele Break (CT5Holy) vs Peking Dragon Company (Dokurider) {Rematch}

R1 - I think Don't Move won you the round there. Actually no, it was right before when you dropped my Mediator. Revivers at 3 and 6 speed are no good XD.
R3 - The missed Refute at 36:40 was huge! I think that might've won you the match.
gg

Also cool to see how you've continually tweaked Peking Dragon Company into this really strong team. Making changes is actually something I'm really bad at =x