• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:30:35 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Dokurider

For a Bad Luck build, I would actually suggest using it on a 8 speed unit, instead of trying to make a really fast unit. Unless you're using Short Charge, you can't really get around Bad Luck's high CT. It's going to bite you in the ass eventually. So just go last.

reinoe

Quote from: Dokurider on May 23, 2013, 05:47:54 pm
[FFT Arena 138d] Take Your Time (Ecthel) vs I Like Books (Barren)

I noticed huge improvements in Ecthels team from last night to this evening.  What a difference a day makes...
In round 1, Ecthel was flat out robbed.  I wasn't on board with weakening Cursed Ring, but now I'm on the Fence.  Round 1 was just plain ridiculous.  Although I am sold on the power of Slow 2 against enemy units.  It's not often someone can charge right out of the gates and defeat a seasoned veteran like Barren.
My dreams can come true!

Ecthel

Quote from: reinoe on May 24, 2013, 12:50:42 am
I noticed huge improvements in Ecthels team from last night to this evening.  What a difference a day makes...
In round 1, Ecthel was flat out robbed.  I wasn't on board with weakening Cursed Ring, but now I'm on the Fence.  Round 1 was just plain ridiculous.  Although I am sold on the power of Slow 2 against enemy units.  It's not often someone can charge right out of the gates and defeat a seasoned veteran like Barren.

I think I would've done better in Round 1 if the WM Samurai had Raise 2 instead of just Raise, but c'est la vie. As for the quality improvement, are you talking about the edits I made after watching it? The only changes for the video is that Samurai and TM's faith got bumped up for the hitrates.

And yeah, Slow 2 is seriously amazing. I talked with DR a bit after watching it, and I would agree it basically won the match for me. 4 vs 10 speed is Slowed vs Hasted for 8 speed units - that's huge.

TrueLight

Thanks for the quick upload, Dokurider

*sigh* Team got inflicted with status like no tomorrow and Holy was the killer. Didn't get to show off Southern Cross and my team was in sandbag mode for the entire match. I wonder what would've happened if that Mimic Daravon had hit 2-3 people in round 2? A possible comeback, but it wasn't meant to be. GG Ecthel, you're doing very well for a newcomer  :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Dokurider

Oh yeah I was going to mention this a couple of days ago, but it ended up slipping my mind. Barren, the reason why your Quickening Mediator wasn't using Quickening was because she didn't have enough skills. The AI requires a minimum of two other skills learned to use Quickening. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Ecthel

Yeah, Phoenix Blade was a really bad choice. I mean not going for Reflect Ring and such is just inefficient, but Knight would've been much better off with Tactician's or something. Ninja units did their job well, no complaints there.  Summoner would've been better off with MAttack Up probably.

GG reinoe!

Yeah, if your crossbow users had Shell instead of Protect you probably would've had a better time, but you can't spec for both in just the accessory slot. GG TrueLight!

reinoe

Quote from: CT5Holy on May 25, 2013, 05:02:20 pm
Dokurider (Depletion Dance) vs TrueLight (Earthen Destruction)

What saved TrueLight was when the Moogle+Cure2 went off.  After that I knew he would have it in Match 1.  As CT5HOLY already pointed out, missing critical Cover Fires.  Also it looked like the Monk just ran out of steam and had to restore himself. 

Surprisingly enough the exact same thin happened in Match 2.  Cure2+Moogle secured the win for TrueLight.

It really was an exciting match.  It was exciting in the middle for Round 1 and exciting in the beginning for Round 2.  I thought Dokurider had the advantage.  Shows what I know about calling matches.
My dreams can come true!

TrueLight

The RNG was actually in my favor this time. My team guarded many Cover Fires and when it did hit, it only did minimum damage. I was surprised how often Counter Flood/Damage Split occurred and it really helped out in the end. It was unfortunate that round 2 was a medium map since Dokurider's team charged forward and got bombarded with AOE. Good match Dokurider.

Thanks for the videos, CT5Holy.

TrueLight

It's not everyday that I get to beat Dokurider twice in the same day lol. Dokurider couldn't sandbag his way back into the match and my team was good at picking off the recently revived.

Thanks for the video, Ecthel!

iamBQB

Little late in saying this, but thanks to Doku and Barren for the vids earlier. I was mainly throwing things out there to see how they actually work, so even though it was a bit of a train wreck, I did get some ideas for tweaking. And took some of Doku's suggestions.

Which I had not realized you were doing those write ups until just now Dokurider, that's some dedication.

Barren

Just got back from Anime Boston and I had a fun weekend!

Congrats to you man, your first victory in arena was no small feat.

And thanks for the tip Doku. I haven't been fully in the game for a while and your quickening advice should help me work out the tweaks in my "I Like Books" team
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?