• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: ASM'D main info/discussion

Started by philsov, October 11, 2009, 04:38:12 pm

Dokurider

November 18, 2009, 04:20:34 pm #380 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Hmm, that's too bad. I think we really do need a 100% hit rate item. Perhaps one of the endgame daggers should be 100% hit? Perhaps that should be the Main Gauche?

Dominic NY18

November 18, 2009, 05:03:18 pm #381 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
It may sound nitpicky, but unless said weapon is a knife/dagger with a better than average blocking rate, it shouldn't be called Main Gauche.

For anyone that's interested
Parrying daggers

Actually, I recommend clicking it anyway, as it has an interesting illustration at the top of the page :).

philsov

November 18, 2009, 05:25:56 pm #382 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteI think we really do need a 100% hit rate item

You mean like a gun?

:P
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

RavenOfRazgriz

November 18, 2009, 05:31:10 pm #383 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: "philsov"

You mean like a gun?

Are there any empty weapon slots by any chance?

We need to make an ASM'D special item called "Chicken Gun" with the graphic of a warped chicken that always inflicts the Chicken status and does 1 damage.

Then add an enemy into the hardest Deep Dungeon fight and equip him with it, but not give him Maintenance so the player can steal it if they can survive long enough.

Would be amazing.

Dokurider

November 18, 2009, 07:59:59 pm #384 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider

You mean like a gun?

Oh u.

Opinions may differ, but I do get the occasional use out of Flails, especially when I'm dealing with low HP, High Evasion units and I can't use concentrate because I'm using it for something else, say Maintenance. Bervenia Free City being the prime example of that. Countering Ninjas with Ninjas, really. I really would like an item like that, though this patch may make that unnecessary.

iopyud

November 19, 2009, 06:48:43 am #385 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
Is Poison getting a buff, btw?

I think it should have at least, summon-like AoE.
I never used this skill. I mean, I like it but I'd rather do 50-60% HP damage.
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Aquilae

November 19, 2009, 07:10:41 am #386 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquilae
Poison rapes ??? status enemies really hard though. Of course, there aren't any in vanilla, only ones are in 1.3 DD, but it could help in random battles with these enemies, assuming philsov wants to implement it.
:gay:

philsov

November 19, 2009, 11:20:59 am #387 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Dokurider"

You mean like a gun?

:D

iopyud

November 22, 2009, 12:24:14 am #388 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
If Knives are 100% Hit and 1 SP, are you going to give Flails a boost?

Re: Poison - Smart Targeting might be good as well, otherwise people won't use them. I mean, they'd rather 2Hit Kill something rather than poison everything including allies...
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

RavenOfRazgriz

November 22, 2009, 02:07:48 am #389 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: "iopyud"If Knives are 100% Hit and 1 SP, are you going to give Flails a boost?

Knives do not give 1 Sp in FFT: ASM'D.

Sp boosts are going to be far rarer in ASM'D, and the overall top Speeds of most units without any Speed boosting is going to be far lower.

This goes a long ways to balancing things such as Haste, Stop, Slow, etc. at higher Levels, and makes most Magic variants more useful during the end game.

iopyud

November 22, 2009, 08:39:56 am #390 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
I must have missed that.

This is really looking really good.
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

RavenOfRazgriz

November 29, 2009, 03:32:25 am #391 Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:27:12 am by RavenOfRazgriz
I know you have most of the technical changes already input, philsov, but here's a quick question for you:

Can you make Sunken State / Invisible status in general increase the evasion of the invisible unit, in addition to the 100% whap?

Maybe make it increase that unit's evasion the same way a unit under Blind status attacking it does, which iirc is either x1.5 or x2?

Being Invisible is rather worthless right now, tbh, so above seems cool since it makes sense and gives players a reason to actually not take their free concentrated attack on the first possible opportunity since even the average Invisible unit actually has a chance of not getting rapeknocked out of the status with the span of one turn or so.

Sephirot24

November 29, 2009, 12:43:21 pm #392 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
And it makes sense that being less visible your foe has a lower chance to hit you. Nice.
You'll have to see what are the possible options to this.

Zaen

November 29, 2009, 01:08:07 pm #393 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
It'd make sense. Transparent, see through. Harder to see, harder to hit.

Then, you could make Ghouls being permanent Transparent, so they're more of a threat, without needing to make any boosts. That'd be rather awesome.

One question on Transparent. Does it go away if you're being attacked, but the attack misses? I know it does if the attack connects, but if it doesn't? That'd be a very useful status it it did that AND raised evade.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

SilvasRuin

November 29, 2009, 09:05:39 pm #394 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
QuoteMaybe make it increase that unit's evasion the same way a unit under Blind status attacking it does, which iirc is either x1.5 or x2?

Being Invisible is rather worthless right now, tbh, so above seems cool since it makes sense and gives players a reason to actually not take their free concentrated attack on the first possible opportunity since even the average Invisible unit actually has a chance of not getting rapeknocked out of the status with the span of one turn or so.
Blink!  Give that to White Mages or something of the sort!  (Maybe remove the accuracy if it is too potent to be applied via a spell like Protect?)

RavenOfRazgriz

November 30, 2009, 03:33:39 am #395 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: "Zaen"One question on Transparent. Does it go away if you're being attacked, but the attack misses? I know it does if the attack connects, but if it doesn't? That'd be a very useful status it it did that AND raised evade.

I'm almost 100% sure you get to stay Invisible if the attack misses.

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Blink!  Give that to White Mages or something of the sort!  (Maybe remove the accuracy if it is too potent to be applied via a spell like Protect?)

I don't think making a target Invisible would be a problem, even with the evasion buff.  You're giving up one character's turn to give another character a status they lose the second they act or are successfully attacked through the evasion a single time.

I just don't think philsov has any empty ability slots left - most of the useless moves have already been removed and replaced or modified to be made better already, and all the removed abilities that modded Br/Fa were also mostly added back in due to the Br/Fa modding not being permanent anymore.

philsov

November 30, 2009, 10:39:31 am #396 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteCan you make Sunken State / Invisible status in general increase the evasion of the invisible unit, in addition to the 100% whap?

It's the same as many of the things you've asked.  Can it be done in a hypothetical general idea, yes.  Can I?  No.  

Regarding transparency in general, while I think the ASM hack for enemy attacking is warranted (there's no cheese quite like cornered transwall), what I can do is make transparency have a set duration instead of being canceled on hit/action.  Least, I think.  I'll need to toy with it.  But... that's about all I can do.  Great idea on blink, I may end up consolidating another ability for it, dunno.  But that will only come into fruitation once I'm done with transparent itself; if I can't make it like a normal status then there's no point because the AI thinks its a positive status and it hates canceling those :p.

RavenOfRazgriz

November 30, 2009, 02:24:13 pm #397 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: "philsov"It's the same as many of the things you've asked.  Can it be done in a hypothetical general idea, yes.  Can I?  No.

lrn2ASM.  :(

Quote from: "philsov"Regarding transparency in general, while I think the ASM hack for enemy attacking is warranted (there's no cheese quite like cornered transwall), what I can do is make transparency have a set duration instead of being canceled on hit/action.  Least, I think.  I'll need to toy with it.  But... that's about all I can do.  Great idea on blink, I may end up consolidating another ability for it, dunno.  But that will only come into fruitation once I'm done with transparent itself; if I can't make it like a normal status then there's no point because the AI thinks its a positive status and it hates canceling those :p.

If it can be made into set duration + lose on hit, I guess that's a temporary fix, even if it kills the flavor of Transparent a bit.

philsov

December 07, 2009, 10:28:40 pm #398 Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:33:16 pm by philsov
ok, transparent can't be "fixed" via fftpatcher.  Lame.

However, I do have some great news!  I've completed all the text edits and did some follow-through in the rest of patcher!  This means....

!!!!!!!!!

That said, Raven and Seph, you both should be getting a little message in your inbox with files and instructions~

Big things I'm looking for:

Might v. Magic.  Was melee nerfed too much?  Samu and Ninja don't have innate 2H/DW, thieves don't have innate concentrate, and monks don't have innate martial arts.  Oh, and everyone gained 10-20% evasion between innate weapon guard and global class evade.  On a similar note, since speed growth got reduced spells are less of a liability in mid-late game.  Are they now too fast/too strong?  

Output of the "newer" weapons Namely daggers, axes, flails, longbows, and ninja swords.  Daggers gained WP*WP damage with 100% hit.  Axes/flails gained the new formula which does at minimum PA*WP damage but at most does almost PA^2 * WP.  Their current WPs are just rough guesses, please let me know if the damage actually is too low/high.  Longbows and Ninja swords had their mid-late WP increased to make up for the lack of SP stat, but the late late ones may need more.  Dunno.  Keep an eye out for them too please.

The state of endgame evasion stacking.  In retrospect I really need to give more ENTD enemies concentrate; but past that point, is it simply just too good in the context of battle?

Minor things to toy with

Br/Fa modding in battle.  Is it ever a worthwhile action to boost/reduce Br/Fa by 10?

New elemental.  Some of the panels are now pure PA based, some are pure MA based, and others retain their hybrid formula.   In game text reflects this.  Is this a worthwhile move?  Or is elemental too cumbersome now?

Summon/Draw Out AoE  Draw Out, for the most part, hits all the targets in the effect range.  But, the AoE is a lot less standard as there is now a healthy mix of 3-way and linear attacks along with the stand blast radius stuff going on.  Kiyomori and Murasame are ally-only, but the AoE is now reduced by 1.  Summon Magic has the same mix of 3-ways, lines, and blasts, while mostly having smart targeting.  Ifrit, Salamander, and Cyclops do not distinguish between friend and foe.

Item  Does everything actually work there?  Are the 3 new status abilities even remotely useful?

ENTD followthrough  The only bastards that should have teleport, move +3, hamedo/abandon/MP Switch are bosses.  Keep an eye out, ya?

Anything else that also changed  Counter secret fist, Poison Blade, the new supports, the R/S/M juggle (btw, Caution is now with the monks so thieves could take equip clothes), Mimes now without Monster but with Counter and Counter Magic.  Oh, and the monsters all have caution secondary reaction now.

Play only though Elmdor/Zelera;  once I get a better feel on the fights to do I'll create the new war trophy fights and touch up the remainders.  Oh, and I haven't fixed the poaching list yet so don't poach please >_>.

philsov

December 07, 2009, 10:59:22 pm #399 Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 11:55:02 pm by philsov
Updated the title so I can hopefully grab a few more looks.

I would enjoy someone's artistic hands at a relatively simple task -- I would like to rename all the chapters in the storyline.  They are 256x62 .gif files, largely transparent like the image you see at the bottom of the screen.  However, I'd like to keep the exact chapter names a surprise so if you're interested in trying, do let me know and I'll pass over the more advanced details no problem.